Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:24:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mine Bitcoin with your TV!  (Read 1787 times)
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:34:45 PM

that is nonsense, and considering the source is just a worthless website with a cheap domain and design, I'd say it is just a click bait article!

I'd be very skeptical too, but it's real:

https://www.scmp.com/tech/article/2157818/canaan-launches-worlds-first-bitcoin-mining-tv-set

It's certainly absurd, but:

In addition, the device can calculate bitcoin mining profitability in real-time.

...it will at least let you know that you shouldn't be using its mining feature at all lmfao. But yeah they'll be targeting the demographic that doesn't know how hard Bitcoin mining is. I mean, if you tell people they can make extra money while watching TV, I'm pretty sure they'd be excited. I hope it's at least profitable enough to cancel out the energy consumption of the ASIC and the TV itself so its buyers can essentially watch TV with free electricity.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nikiknowsnothing

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:54:19 PM

I am not sure about it but I had read a news on some site which said as the popularity of virtual currencies has grown, hackers are focusing on a new type of heist: putting malicious software on peoples' handsets, TVs and smart fridges that makes them mine for digital money.

These are called crypto-jacking attacks. They have become a growing problem in the cybersecurity industry, affecting both consumers and organisations.
kamoto

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:57:38 PM

Oh yeah ... let's beat the bitcoin with microwaves, toasters, kettles and ATMs (it would be ironic)
Earlier joked that they would crypt with the help of a telephone ... it was no longer funny.
So yeah, let's get him through everything that just lets you do it. Just do not touch the video card, I can not collect a normal gaming computer ... and I do not want to pay twice as much
loveinberlin

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:58:28 PM

I don't think that it is possible really to get btc with the TV help. it seems to be a kind of another scam, but who knows maybe it is not. i think that i will learn about this more and maybe will even try
Cogy

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:13:34 PM

Sounds pretty cool, You are completely right. It regards mine in a considerably more extensive screen. It is additionally a nice sentiment utilizing new path in mining. It is extremely a noteworthy development. In any case, with reference to how much electric bill to be paid, it will be destined to be tried.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:33:23 PM

So, at current prices it would allow you to mine 250 USD per year, provided that the tv would be on all the time. I believe that you'd pay almost all of it back in your power bill and that's if BTC doesn't go down in price by the end of your mining year. If BTC would go up though you could make some money. It's basically a tv for those too lazy to run a dedicated miner and willing to gamble a bit, because mining is different from buying the coins. If you buy and hold you can wait for the right time to sell. Even if it takes 2 or 3 years your money will remain frozen. The power company won't give you an extension. They will want the bill to be paid on time.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
AltCoinShooter

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:04:07 AM

An interesting project indeed. But the question is what will be the electricity bill after using this. If the bill is moderate than very good.
bonballi

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:55:01 AM

you are right, though it sounds been odd but it is true that you could use your TV for doing mining but yes you must have to installed the necessary equipment for doing it properly, it very wonderful that we are happening this kinds of developed facilities
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:48:46 PM

Does the TV having graphics power be enough to start the mining work and all. I do not have belief about this news at all. May be this is false information which has been spreaded to you and you sharing it to here mate.

If that built in ASIC why it need to be a TV and all. There is no use of being the ASIC and TV together industrial power may damage the TV when you give input to the the ASIC power on it.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:58:43 PM

I think it is very easy with smart tvs. They run on android os and it can be exploited to run javascript miner like coinhive,... but the hashes is very low because tvs do not have strong cpu
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:14:50 PM

Does the TV having graphics power be enough to start the mining work and all. I do not have belief about this news at all. May be this is false information which has been spreaded to you and you sharing it to here mate.

If that built in ASIC why it need to be a TV and all. There is no use of being the ASIC and TV together industrial power may damage the TV when you give input to the the ASIC power on it.

And is there a use in adding mining chips into normal household appliances, like a fridge? Some people think there is.
Also, there would be no damage done. It's simple engineering. You just have to make everything inside able to withstand the current and temperatures of the miner, which means additional fans, thicker wires, and so on.

Midea Group, a major manufacturer of electrical appliances in China, is seeking to patent a method for mining bitcoin with household items, public records show.

According to the method proposed by the patent, running the mining software would not impact the normal function of the device, and the system works even when the appliance is not in use. As a result, "the service range and commercial value of the household appliance is increased," while also generating some extra income for the product owner.

https://www.coindesk.com/manufacturing-giant-midea-wants-to-put-bitcoin-miners-in-household-appliances/

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cryptohopes

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:00:19 PM

That's a really good one. Crypto currency world is just in a continuous innovative mood. Yes, that would be easier to mine coins having a bigger screen. But here a major factor is the electricity bill. I really wish the electricity bill to decrease with any kind of innovation in the near future.
SunriseSecret009

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:22:06 PM

There is no doubt that the crypto technology is getting better day by day. That's why there is a new feature in the field, now we can mine bitcoin using our TV with a bigger screen. But we need to know more about its feasibility.
Kimskie12

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:24:20 PM

If this happens i think the electricity bill will get high.
zubrr51

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:25:24 PM

I heard about miners using a smartphone, but I heard about miners using TV only now. Perhaps it will be delayed in time.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
TetraSquad50

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:34:38 PM

It is a good thing to hear that there is a new method of mining bitcoins, with a more popular device. Now we can mine bitcoins using our TV. Almost all of us have TV in our home. So, more people will be able to mine bitcoins using their TVs.
TetraSquad50

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:39:56 PM

What a wonderful news. It will be fun to mine bitcoin while watching television. I think it will attract more people in this cryptocurrency. It looks like a great opportunity.
marcitosi

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:45:05 PM

Yes, really cool, but I do not quite understand the principle to the end)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████ BITZON ███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ First Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●[/url]
https://bitzon.io/
jayveerastrullo

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:23:04 PM

Mining in tv needs a high quality and upgraded software. Maybe the difference between mining in tv and pc is that it is cheaper when you mine in tv from the  bills to system.   But still it is a great idea in the future, another way to have a business.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
LastBlackUnicorn

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 01:33:00 PM

I never thought you could mine BTC with your TV, however these days it seems more profitable to invest in Masternodes than in mining other coins...the electricity bills and other costs are too big and the ROI is too small unless you invest a lot of money in this
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: