Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:11:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: How many of you Bears have ever been a victim of a Short Squeeze?  (Read 43736 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:06:41 AM

wow, this does qualify as necro  Cheesy

certainly one of my favorites.  the whole pirate thing has forced the SEC to commit; that Bitcoin really is money as we have always argued.  that's really bad news for the bears.

yes, soon we will get the short squeeze of the century.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:08:39 AM

this thread is full of idiots.

you know who you are.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:17:48 AM

from TA point of view, there is nothing to talk about until it moves above 3.25, than we have higher highs and higher lows on daily which is what all the money on sidelines ultimately are waiting for. (whatever TA tea leaves they are using).

A little "Told ya so" moment. 3.25 was broken up on volume not so long ago. I think that the trend has changed. A few more higher highs and higher lows and bulls are in business big time.

Some light necro... It was fun reading about breakout of 3.25$. I'd think something similar is coming up again around 113.25$ perhaps.

I really like this idea. It's clever and is sneaky. Probably already starting from 103.25.

How logarithmic of you, Vladimir.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 12:14:50 PM

Got 2 million $ to buy it up yourself?

Oh, you don't Tongue
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 12:42:23 PM

shorting it at 2.x is crazy...  the most you can make is 2.x ...  most likely .x   

But long it could multiple if held long enough....

I don't know about that.  With a flurry of news articles on the horizon about the end of bitcoin I think we'll see another frenzy of dumping which could take bitcoin to levels where we see enough people abandon mining that for the few people still trying to move these things around the blockchain the process gets very, very slow.

Here is your role model, bears. Even bards make songs about him now. Smiley He has redefined speculation! It now can be driven not only by fear and greed but now also by jealousy. LOL

As smug as ever.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:14:05 PM

Gloating bulls, gloating bears... it's like Kindergarten antics. Bit sad considering the likely age of posters here.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:30:43 PM

shorting it at 2.x is crazy...  the most you can make is 2.x ...  most likely .x  

But long it could multiple if held long enough....

I don't know about that.  With a flurry of news articles on the horizon about the end of bitcoin I think we'll see another frenzy of dumping which could take bitcoin to levels where we see enough people abandon mining that for the few people still trying to move these things around the blockchain the process gets very, very slow.

Here is your role model, bears. Even bards make songs about him now. Smiley He has redefined speculation! It now can be driven not only by fear and greed but now also by jealousy. LOL

you're definitely on to something here.  the "Vladdy Logarithmic Effect"

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:34:17 PM

maybe that was the wrong one.  this one might be better:

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 05:37:20 PM

Meahnwhile, BTCUSD moving up.. stone throw from 113.25$, once comfortably above it, the next stops are 130's and 160's.

choo chooooo
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:51:42 PM

Meahnwhile, BTCUSD moving up.. stone throw from 113.25$, once comfortably above it, the next stops are 130's and 160's.

choo chooooo

for what it worth:

The above pattern is so called "inverse head and shoulders" and it is a widely held belief that it is one of the most high probability bottoming and trend reversal patterns.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/inverseheadandshoulders.asp

Investopedia explains 'Inverse Head And Shoulders'
As you can see from the chart above, a move above the resistance, also known as the neckline, is used as a signal of a sharp move higher. Many traders will watch for a large spike in volume to confirm the validity of the breakout. This pattern is the opposite of the popular head and shoulders pattern, but is used to predict shifts in a downtrend rather than an uptrend.

you must be a hidden subscriber.  i identified that for my subs back on 8/5.

great eyes see alike. Grin
FNG

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:15:25 PM

you must be a hidden subscriber.

lol, no, just great minds ... etc

Has been pretty obvious lately.  Have no idea what the bears are clinging onto besides hope and dreams
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 07:21:09 AM

choo chooooo

for what it worth:

The above pattern is so called "inverse head and shoulders" and it is a widely held belief that it is one of the most high probability bottoming and trend reversal patterns.

As you can see from the chart above, a move above the resistance, also known as the neckline, is used as a signal of a sharp move higher. Many traders will watch for a large spike in volume to confirm the validity of the breakout. This pattern is the opposite of the popular head and shoulders pattern, but is used to predict shifts in a downtrend rather than an uptrend.

I immediately recognized the pattern  Grin

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:22:43 PM

choo chooooo

for what it worth:

I immediately recognized the pattern  Grin

This one made my day!

LOL!

CHOO CHOO! NEXT STOP ~$130 to $165  Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:56:31 PM

There's not enough benefit in this. Most short sellers were shorting since long ago. The recent crash only induced more long positions

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:06:11 PM

All this head and shoulders talk reminds me of one of my favorite jokes from back in the day:

Q:  How did they know that Vic Morrow had dandruf?

A:  The found his head and shoulders in the bushes.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Morrow#Death

----

Relatedly:

Did you know Christa McAuliffe had blue eyes?

One blew this way and the other blew that way.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christa_McAuliffe

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:09:53 PM

All this head and shoulders talk reminds me of one of my favorite jokes from back in the day:

Q:  How did they know that Vic Morrow had dandruf?

A:  The found his head and shoulders in the bushes.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Morrow#Death

----

Relatedly:

Did you know Christa McAuliffe had blue eyes?

One blew this way and the other blew that way.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christa_McAuliffe

You are terrible.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:36:05 PM

I don't know about that.  With a flurry of news articles on the horizon about the end of bitcoin I think we'll see another frenzy of dumping which could take bitcoin to levels

adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 08:39:40 PM

I don't know about that.  With a flurry of news articles on the horizon about the end of bitcoin I think we'll see another frenzy of dumping which could take bitcoin to levels

lol, just buy back dude...

notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:30:30 AM

+1

A flurry of news articles does nothing but bring new people in.  It doesn't matter if it is positive news or negative news.  At this stage news -> curiosity.  And when the curious do some research, the smart ones see the beauty and buy.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:37:11 AM

+1

A flurry of news articles does nothing but bring new people in.  It doesn't matter if it is positive news or negative news.  At this stage news -> curiosity.  And when the curious do some research, the smart ones see the beauty and buy.

100% agree. There is a positive correlation of ANY news, "positive" or "negative" with bitcoin prices.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: