Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:27:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: How many of you Bears have ever been a victim of a Short Squeeze?  (Read 43736 times)
faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 09:51:49 AM

I don't know about that.  With a flurry of news articles on the horizon about the end of bitcoin I think we'll see another frenzy of dumping which could take bitcoin to levels

lol, just buy back dude...

+1

A flurry of news articles does nothing but bring new people in.  It doesn't matter if it is positive news or negative news.  At this stage news -> curiosity.  And when the curious do some research, the smart ones see the beauty and buy.

100% agree. There is a positive correlation of ANY news, "positive" or "negative" with bitcoin prices.

agree

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:43:22 PM

Warning:  How many of you pigs have ever been a victim of a Capitulation?
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:11:23 PM

Warning:  How many of you pigs have ever been a victim of a Capitulation?

I was 'victimized' badly through the 2nd half of 2011.  I kept doubling down and losing money for months.  Man alive was I in the red.  But I never sold until earlier this year since I would not have purchased in the first place if I were just going to dump the things without a significant gain.  My speculation was based on value theory and I've not yet deviated from it.  I also assumed a total loss for everything I put in so I was never under any selling pressure either financially or psychologically.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 04:20:11 PM

Warning:  How many of you pigs have ever been a victim of a Capitulation?

I was 'victimized' badly through the 2nd half of 2011.  I kept doubling down and losing money for months.  Man alive was I in the red.  But I never sold until earlier this year since I would not have purchased in the first place if I were just going to dump the things without a significant gain.  My speculation was based on value theory and I've not yet deviated from it.  I also assumed a total loss for everything I put in so I was never under any selling pressure either financially or psychologically.

How do you consider yourself a pig? You took your profits and made money, that's the behavior of a typical bull.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:38:11 PM

I was 'victimized' badly through the 2nd half of 2011.  I kept doubling down and losing money for months.  Man alive was I in the red.  But I never sold until earlier this year since I would not have purchased in the first place if I were just going to dump the things without a significant gain.  My speculation was based on value theory and I've not yet deviated from it.  I also assumed a total loss for everything I put in so I was never under any selling pressure either financially or psychologically.

How do you consider yourself a pig? You took your profits and made money, that's the behavior of a typical bull.

I've only barely begun to actually take profits, and lord-a-mercy but it's a hassle.  My plan is to use my non-fiat holdings to keep my fiat balances at a certain level as I buy shit.  Even though I have always seen Bitcoin as highly risky, I see having a bunch of money in the banking system as even more risky and have for more than a decade.  I would not have guessed that the US would not have done a Cyprus by 2013 when I was first getting paranoid (and making money) in 2002.  But every day brings us that much closer to 'the event', and the flames are already starting to blacken a few of the unfortunate souls at the periphery (e.g., Detroit pensioners.)

I want to maximize my own intake like just about any other living creature.  So in that sense I'm 'a pig'.  Most of what I've done with Bitcoin is donate it to causes I believe in and some of them don't directly effect my well-being in proportion to the funds I have given.  In that sense I am not 'a pig' I guess.  Having been around at lower values has conspired to make me more generous than I ultimately wished to be.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:07:04 PM

I've only barely begun to actually take profits, and lord-a-mercy but it's a hassle.  My plan is to use my non-fiat holdings to keep my fiat balances at a certain level as I buy shit.  Even though I have always seen Bitcoin as highly risky, I see having a bunch of money in the banking system as even more risky and have for more than a decade.  I would not have guessed that the US would not have done a Cyprus by 2013 when I was first getting paranoid (and making money) in 2002.  But every day brings us that much closer to 'the event', and the flames are already starting to blacken a few of the unfortunate souls at the periphery (e.g., Detroit pensioners.)

I want to maximize my own intake like just about any other living creature.  So in that sense I'm 'a pig'.  Most of what I've done with Bitcoin is donate it to causes I believe in and some of them don't directly effect my well-being in proportion to the funds I have given.  In that sense I am not 'a pig' I guess.  Having been around at lower values has conspired to make me more generous than I ultimately wished to be.

+1000

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 07:25:12 PM

Like it or not, every cyprus-like event extents the longevity of the system exponentially. It reduces the deteriorating effects of compounding interest to the point of negligibility.
This is why Bitcoin will never replace the status quo and there is nothing you can do about it.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:40:13 PM

Like it or not, every cyprus-like event extents the longevity of the system exponentially. It reduces the deteriorating effects of compounding interest to the point of negligibility.
This is why Bitcoin will never replace the status quo and there is nothing you can do about it.
It likely never will but it doesn't need to replace the status quo either.  It needs to retain value and nothing on the horizon is showing a change in that for now.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 07:48:55 PM

It likely never will but it doesn't need to replace the status quo either.  It needs to retain value and nothing on the horizon is showing a change in that for now.

Most of this value retaining properties come from the false promise of being able to replace the system with itself. This is why ultimately when it comes down to it it's a scam, not because of it's ponzi like properties but because of the deception encoded into the genesis block. Yes I am attacking the golden goose.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:04:06 PM

It likely never will but it doesn't need to replace the status quo either.  It needs to retain value and nothing on the horizon is showing a change in that for now.

Most of this value retaining properties come from the false promise of being able to replace the system with itself. This is why ultimately when it comes down to it it's a scam, not because of it's ponzi like properties but because of the deception encoded into the genesis block. Yes I am attacking the golden goose.

What is "the deception encoded into the genesis block" ?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 08:07:21 PM

It likely never will but it doesn't need to replace the status quo either.  It needs to retain value and nothing on the horizon is showing a change in that for now.

Something about Greece and bank bailouts. In a sense Satoshi promised to solve the problems associated with that, he does not.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:13:26 PM

You keep insisting it's a scam.  I don't get it.
Odalv
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:16:42 PM

Something about Greece and bank bailouts. In a sense Satoshi promised to solve the problems associated with that, he does not.
Really ? this is in genesis block ? What is your source ?
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:20:27 PM

Yeah, it's something like 'the times: chancellor on brink of second bank bailout'.  Look it up.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:21:39 PM

The coinbase parameter contains, along with the normal data, the following text:

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Genesis_block

Can this be laid out as a promise of replacement. I don't think so. A alternative, yes and IMO chances are good Bitcoin gets there.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Odalv
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:32:35 PM

The coinbase parameter contains, along with the normal data, the following text:

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Genesis_block

Can this be laid out as a promise of replacement. I don't think so. A alternative, yes and IMO chances are good Bitcoin gets there.

Thank you :-) I did not know.

This was probably intended as proof that the block was created on or after January 3rd, 2009, as well as a comment on the instability caused by fractional-reserve banking.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:34:13 PM

You keep insisting it's a scam.  I don't get it.

he's been insisting on this for years now.  all that time wasted here on the forum.

proudhon finally gave up.  EM will too one day.
User705
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:38:12 PM

Even if he/she promised something that's pretty irrelevant to real life.  People will use bitcoin until it won't be useful.  That's it.  There is no grand shangri la promise here.  Life generally repeats itself in waves.  Some people rule others until it is no longer possible and then it changes.  Money systems come and go.  I'm pretty sure bitcoin will prove no different but how long will it be utilized for no one knows.

Odalv
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:45:43 PM

This was probably intended as proof that the block was created on or after January 3rd, 2009, as well as a comment on the instability caused by fractional-reserve banking.

@EM, do you understand ? He did not pre-mine coins before "January 3rd, 2009"
User705
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:56:10 PM

@EM, do you understand ? He did not pre-mine coins before "January 3rd, 2009"
That's irrelevant to bitcoins value proposition even if he did.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: