Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:13:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: How many of you Bears have ever been a victim of a Short Squeeze?  (Read 43736 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 09:36:23 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2011, 09:59:20 PM by cypherdoc

Ehm what makes you think bitcoin is even remotely connected to the world of big finances & indices?
Can you put up a chart showing correlation?

i'm not even going to bother explaining this.
Ok suit yourself.

Yeah, he's just like Herman Cain: "I don't have any evidence to support this, but..."

"....HAHAHAHAHAH YOUR SHORT POSITION, HOHOHAOHAHOTNHAUNTSH:SEIAOSETNIHSA."

Fact is, after 3 months of up uP UP!, the speculation gods have given them stagnation. It's about all they can jump on, evidence wise. I do want to see him cry his eyeballs out, but I'm realistic; I'll be just as happy watching cypher_doc's post count drop to zero during the next big tank.

BitMagic =

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitMagic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 10:16:48 PM

Ehm what makes you think bitcoin is even remotely connected to the world of big finances & indices?

Ok suit yourself.

Yeah, he's just like Herman Cain: "I don't have any evidence to support this, but..."

Fact is, after 3 months of up uP UP!, the speculation gods have given them stagnation. It's about all they can jump on, evidence wise. I do want to see him cry his eyeballs out, but I'm realistic; I'll be just as happy watching cypher_doc's post count drop to zero during the next big tank.
Hahahaha, I hope you've liquidated your short position, Cypher_doc. Price is going up uP UP!

Please give me your money, because I am a shameless libertarian elite who deserves your money more than you do: 9Hkao8U82WWDp6SQGn4k7ad9gT1LWeL5s3
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 10:45:57 PM

Ok suit yourself.

Hahahaha, I hope you've liquidated your short position, Cypher_doc. Price is going up uP UP!

Dude; seriously, you need some help.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 11:45:01 PM

3.20 seems to be a comfort zone (for now), enough support on both sides, I wouldn't mind seeing BTC in a range of 3.10-3.30 for next half a year or so before next big rise kicks in =)
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 11:55:49 PM

3.20 seems to be a comfort zone (for now), enough support on both sides, I wouldn't mind seeing BTC in a range of 3.10-3.30 for next half a year or so before next big rise kicks in =)

The odds of that happening are smaller than btc value >$50 or <$1 within that half a year  Cool
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2011, 11:58:58 PM

Put me in the bear club as well for the time being. We've had an upward trend since mid-October, but even with that trend we're still looking a bit high right now. If price goes up to anywhere close to $4/BTC, there are a lot of miners who have been stocking up that will decide to cash out while they're still making a profit. And if we were to really take off again, I wouldn't mind as I could just start mining again myself. Until we get a drop in the 50 BTC bonus per block found, I don't see BTC ever maintaining a price above $4/BTC.

BitMagic

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 12:05:08 AM

Dude; seriously, you should liquidate your short position before you get zhoutonged. Dude.

Please give me your money, because I am a shameless libertarian elite who deserves your money more than you do: 9Hkao8U82WWDp6SQGn4k7ad9gT1LWeL5s3
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 12:47:55 AM

Dude; seriously, you should liquidate your short position before you get zhoutonged. Dude.

nice try on the change in strategy (deception).  sorry, i haven't and won't sell/short a Bitcoin for at least 10 yrs.

BitMagic =

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 12:54:18 AM

won't sell/short a Bitcoin for at least 10 yrs.

I put this quote up just to nail you on that  Cheesy
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 01:14:21 AM

I put this quote up just to nail you on that  Cheesy

well, i suppose if it hits $1000 in 5 yrs, i'd have to reconsider  Wink
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 01:46:21 AM

I put this quote up just to nail you on that  Cheesy

well, i suppose if it hits $1000 in 5 yrs, i'd have to reconsider  Wink
No you wont.

At 0.001 BTC a USD it would be practically worthless. You would be busy grieving about food and about that gold you once had...
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 01:57:18 AM

I put this quote up just to nail you on that  Cheesy

well, i suppose if it hits $1000 in 5 yrs, i'd have to reconsider  Wink
No you wont.

At 0.001 BTC a USD it would be practically worthless. You would be busy grieving about food and about that gold you once had...

nah, gold will never reach the status and price you hope it will.  come on over to my gold thread for an in depth discussion of why.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=35956.0
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 02:43:32 AM

nah, gold will never reach the status and price you hope it will.  come on over to my gold thread for an in depth discussion of why.

Thread is to long and tedious, but I'm betting that you end up being wrong, and possibly amazingly so.

I see Bitcoin mostly as a currency (means of transferring value) and not so much as a 'store of value' although given the inflationary aspects of Bitcoin, I would not rule out it serving reasonable well in that capacity.  One of the biggest draws of Bitcoin to me is that it offers the ability to more conveniently move value around.  Gold, OTOH, is a true store of value in my book, and a bigger interest of mine than is Bitcoin.  I got into gold earlier than you it sounds like, and unlike you, I'm not even close to bailing (which I will do in a heartbeat when if/when I sense that the time is right.)

I may part with an once or two of gold (or some silver) in trade for BTC, but only if/when the conditions are extremely favorable to me.  That most likely means finding someone who happens to have a lot of BTC and no reasonable way to convert it other than a face-to-face meeting.  Like if the exchanges lock up for instance.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 04:20:17 AM

Thread is to long and tedious, but I'm betting that you end up being wrong, and possibly amazingly so.

I see Bitcoin mostly as a currency (means of transferring value) and not so much as a 'store of value' although given the inflationary aspects of Bitcoin, I would not rule out it serving reasonable well in that capacity.  One of the biggest draws of Bitcoin to me is that it offers the ability to more conveniently move value around.  Gold, OTOH, is a true store of value in my book, and a bigger interest of mine than is Bitcoin.  I got into gold earlier than you it sounds like, and unlike you, I'm not even close to bailing (which I will do in a heartbeat when if/when I sense that the time is right.)

I may part with an once or two of gold (or some silver) in trade for BTC, but only if/when the conditions are extremely favorable to me.  That most likely means finding someone who happens to have a lot of BTC and no reasonable way to convert it other than a face-to-face meeting.  Like if the exchanges lock up for instance.

I would really like to see a bitcoin-gold p2p exchange.  Even biddingpond could be used for this.  We just need an active community of people who trade little bits of gold (small denominations), then we can easily convert between gold and bitcoins in small volumes.  Small volumes are more useful for everyday purchases.  We can then offer to pay people in gold.  I don't have any disposable USD, but I do have enough bitcoins to buy few grams at spot.  coinabul wants a $100 premium on 2.5g. Sad

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
BitMagic

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 05:47:09 AM

nice try on the change in strategy (deception).  sorry, i haven't and won't sell/short a Bitcoin for at least 10 yrs.

The strategy is not deception, it's just reminding you and everyone else that claiming something doesn't make it true. (I have no short positions, so you can give up with that silly claim).

But you knew that, you just like to look like a fool, I think.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 05:51:05 PM

massive shift in bids across the mountain towards price.  lotsa buyers.

keep shorting into it please. Wink
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 06:18:35 PM

VIX fear gauge just missed getting under 30 but should by the end of the day or Monday. 

Then let the ramp begin!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 06:25:22 PM

cypherdoc =

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 06:29:40 PM

cypherdoc =

LOL!  thats pretty funny. 

ElectricMucus: "please give me coins @$0.01!"
BTCcommodities

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 06:51:31 PM

I would really like to see a bitcoin-gold p2p exchange.  Even biddingpond could be used for this.  We just need an active community of people who trade little bits of gold (small denominations), then we can easily convert between gold and bitcoins in small volumes.  Small volumes are more useful for everyday purchases.  We can then offer to pay people in gold.  I don't have any disposable USD, but I do have enough bitcoins to buy few grams at spot.  coinabul wants a $100 premium on 2.5g. Sad

Since for me as a merchant, BitCoins are mostly a way to move money, I don't have much to chime in discussion-wise. But if you'd like to buy smallish amounts of valuables, why don't you give me a try: BitCoinCommodities.com

Also: every one of you is probably right - it's just a  matter of time :-D

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: