Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:16:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin's Lightning Network destroys alt coins(currencies)?  (Read 355 times)
Brianlee0112

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:47:09 AM

I don’t think BTC can make all the altcoin disappear by developing its Lightning network. True it will become more popular. But there are many altcoin that offer good scalability and other services as good as BTC.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:56:01 AM

yes

those that are pushing themselves as 2.0 and 3.0 will be crushed

they are generally sacrificing decentralisation and trustlessness to push higher tps with lower fees

those will be crushed by a highly successful LN

ALTs with specific use cases will still have good reason to exist

Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:08:05 AM

There are lot of crypto currencies that were created to compete with BTC

BTC lightning network is implementing due to the scalability issues the chain is experiencing with high 'fees' and transfer times..

If lightning network is implemented in Bitcoin will it destroys these competitors?

In my opinion no because there are so many altcoin which are based on their products usecases and if someone makes product they have marketing plans too. Infact they will also implement LN in their platform. So altcoin will not gonna disappear and will remain in the market with giving competition to the BTC.

michael23

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:36:55 PM

If this is implemented, then Bitcoin will step forward, but I do not think it will destroy competitors, because we need altcoins oddly enough. There is a demand for altcoins, which generates competition.
Nicolaus Copernicus

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:57:59 PM

Bitcoin Lightning Network cannot destroy the best ALTcoins! But if the network disappear some of the ALTcoins then they would be really very useless coins! Though, BTC network hopefully won’t have any affect on the ALTcoin.
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:26:30 PM

Some people will always look out for an opportunity for profit. For that reason it is irrational to think all of them will disappear even if Bitcoin is made 100% perfect. Improving it it's something we should pursue but it won't make alt coins disappear at all.

They will disappear if people stop finding a profit and an use for it and that is the ultimate truth. As long as people can profit out of it they will buy anything.
RichardBTC

Activity: 201

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:28:21 PM

I dont think it will destory alt coins at all. Other alt coins offer different solutions with in the crypto currency space. There is so much variety that one coin cant solve it all.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
cryptohopes

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:43:15 PM

BTC network is not here to create an affect on the ALTcoins. But if the network destroys any ALTcoins then those coins were really very useless. The best and the aunthentic ALTcoins will never be destroyed by the Bitcoin Lightning Network.
bigdaddyderp

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:53:35 PM

No I don't think it will have much impact on the alt market.  A lot of the alts are doing different things to Bitcoin so there is a lot of room for growth for everyone.  I think we can have a huge space with 1000's of coins working together with no issues. 
Reza1893

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:03:55 PM

Not, Bitcoin and Altcoin have their own world even though they are in the same room. But their concentration varies. Bitcoin doesn't care about what altcoins do, neither altcoin against Bitcoin. Each only thinks about their own development, they already have their respective portions and this will continue without dropping each other.

LP will make a transaction on Bitcoin faster, But there is one or another altcoin can faster without having to implement LP

C E N T I V E.ORG | Blockchain-based Incentive Network
                     | TokenSale: AUGUST 31st, 2018
ETHxn4BTC

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:29:14 PM

Well. If the ALTcoins are really the best one then it is not possible for BTC lightning Network to destroy them. But if the network is able to diminish the altcoins then those altcoins were nothing but some useless coins! But in most cases BTC network will have no affect on the ALTcoins.
CoinMarKetHW

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:38:02 PM

I think not. Bitcoin works to development its every sector. It will not destroy altcoin. So I think its not hamper altcoin. This two are not co related.
cryptotezi

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:48:00 AM

Many altcoins will be die. But if they die because of implement this feature then I think they were useless.
Tappertit

Activity: 146

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:54:29 AM

This is a feature produce by bitcoin and hope it will not felt any bad effect on  any reliable altcoins.
Refozzblaze

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:00:02 AM

I don't think that Bitcoin's Lightning Network will destroy other altcoin, I believe other altcoins will offer new features, innovation and maintain evolution
kulsuma

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 07:06:17 AM

The Bitcoin's lightning network will help the bitcoin to dominate the cryptocurrency market with new features. But bitcoin Will not be able to destroy all of the altcoins. let us see upcoming year.
StringFire

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:34:17 AM

This one of the feature and if that's really affect any altcoin then I want to say  that's one is not a sustainable altcoin at all.
Asprincess7

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:57:35 AM

It will not happen. It’s a unique feature of bitcoin but it’s true it will impact on other payment system.
imToken

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:02:13 AM

There are lot of crypto currencies that were created to compete with BTC

BTC lightning network is implementing due to the scalability issues the chain is experiencing with high 'fees' and transfer times..

If lightning network is implemented in Bitcoin will it destroys these competitors?
Linghtning is created to help solve some of the existing problems of BTC. Lightning can be used to achieve fast transfer of BTC, small amount transfer, and ultra-low-cost handling fee. This is a very great thing. As for whether Altcoin will be shocked by this, I think this is an obvious problem. Altcoin, which is false and has no practical use, will certainly be affected, but not all Altcoin will face the same problem.

anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:05:50 AM

with the presence of lightning networks in bitcoin, this will solve the problem that is often said by competitors. bitcoin will be superior to other crypto, but this will not affect its competitors, it's just that the value of BTC will continue to grow and the public's confidence to hold a BTC will be high.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: