Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:38:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TheHashCoin: scrypt based cryptocurrency built for the medical cannabis industry  (Read 1939 times)
apt-getschwifty (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:02:08 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2018, 06:32:51 PM by apt-getschwifty

Hello all!

This is my first post on bitcointalk.org and I must admit, I am nervous.
I am a relative noob to crypto, but I have experience in C/C++, python and JavaScript, so the core technology has been fascinating and very rewarding to learn about over the last couple years. I found it nearly impossible, with the open source nature of cryptocurrency's, to keep myself from taking a crack at producing an altcoin.

I am an avid believer in the medicinal benefits of marijuana. It has touched not only my life personally (my grandmother beat oral cancer, with the help of marijuana for insomnia, pain and lack of appetite), but many people I know as well. I know that I am far from the first person to think of mixing cannabis and crypto, but I have a different framework for how I think the two could be combined that's not exactly akin to the days of the silk road, but that also has a greater impact than just being another silly altcoin with weed in it's name and artwork.

I would like eventually to have TheHashCoin be the first fully integrated and dedicated (to an industry) electronic asset. Essentially, if all goes as planned (which let's face it, it almost never does) within the next year I would like to have TheHashCoin listed on an exchange, but to only be accepted in it's raw form (the actual digital "coins" themselves) at partnered legal medicinal marijuana dispensaries. This would mean that they would have tangible dollar value at an exchange, but could themselves only be accepted electronically(except when being exchanged) via partnered dispensaries.

So far, the development team consists of only myself and my one younger and one older brother (who are minimally involved at this point, but the project is still in it's infancy). With that being said, for the better part of the last year I have been developing this coin, trying all different sorts of block/target parameters, algorithms, protocols etc. I am not certain that I won't start from scratch again, as I am not sure my current setup will scale well, but I am as happy with it as I have ever been, which is why I am appealing to you, the general public, in hopes that you'll be willing to give us a download and mine a few THC's to help us with the development process! Our next big step will be completing our whitepaper, which once completed will be found at our github page as well as iconeat.com/ico/thehashcoin.

So though the coin is still in it's infancy, we do have a fully functioning litecoin based (scrypt PoW) altcoin with two dedicated seed nodes to sync the blockchain when you download the coin, and a fully functioning mining pool with variable stratum difficulty. The coin does have Segwit fully deployed/active with clearly marked addresses beginning with the letter "S" for segwit. Legacy addresses are to be used in the mining pool and begin with the letter "T". I will post all of the information for the github repo and mining pool below, if anyone has any questions please read the README in the github repo OR feel free to contact me here, on github or at this email address: bhuff25930@gmail.com

EDIT:

Also added pre-ico details to iconeat. Link posted below!

Some of the relevant coin parameters:

Target spacing: 30 seconds

Target time-span: 30 Minutes

Subsidy (block reward): 15 THC

Subsidy halving interval: 3,153,600 (about 3 years)

Total supply: 94,608,000 THC

About the coin parameters..

I am paranoid, being such a small, grassroots project and having such a small team right now, that people may game the coin. This is why I have the target time-span for a short 30 minutes or 60 blocks, so that if it happens they won't make off like thieves as the difficulty will readjust quickly. As for the 30 second spacing, I like the idea of keeping blocks small (even if there are more of them), and getting blocks on to the chain more quickly. I do have concerns about orphaned blocks becoming all too frequent when the hashrate increases beyond a certain point, but this is a bridge we will cross when we get to it.

**ALSO**:

Scrypt is not the only algo we plan on using for proof of work. We are currently working on having several (as many as possible) algos to run at sporadic intervals, as a way of reducing the power of mighty ASICs. The way we plan on having it work is to have our seed nodes randomly broadcast to all connected nodes (and then have those nodes broadcast outward) which algo is to be deployed at any given time and to have auto-switching setup in the pools/solo-miners based on that initial message from the RPC server. We don't have a solid time-frame for when this will be deployed yet, but we will keep everyone updated!
Thank you for reading!  Smiley

github:
https://github.com/apt-get-schwifty/thehashcoin

mining pool:
stratum+tcp://192.243.103.250:3333 (stratum difficulty 75)
stratum+tcp://192.243.103.250:3032 (stratum difficulty 32)
stratum+tcp://192.243.103.250:3256 (stratum difficulty 256)
web page for mining pool (nomp): http://192.243.103.250:8080

***IMPORTANT***

Saltpool is no longer operating,

This means that there are currently only 2 pools to mine THC:

stratum+tcp://asic.hashncash.net:3433

stratum+tcp://192.243.103.250:3333 (port 3032 for lower difficulty stratum and port 3256 for higher difficulty stratum)

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RUNNING A POOL FOR US!

additional mining pool (INFO/hashncash):

https://hashncash.net (details on the site)

iconeat pre-ico details: https://iconeat.com/ico/thehashcoin/

Seed node info:

We do have 3 seed nodes hardcoded into the source that are functioning (for most people), but if you are struggling to sync the chain please try to manually add them to your thehashcoin.conf file by appending the following lines:

connect=162.208.9.51:421
connect=192.243.103.250:421
connect=207.148.3.126:421

All of these nodes have the full chain and have been witnessed syncing other nodes on multiple occasions but if you still have issues let me know!

Check out our blockchain with our block explorer!: *now running on port 80 in preparation for domain registration

http://162.208.9.51

Drop into our discord channel to chat about crypto, bud, to get support or just to shoot the shit!

https://discord.gg/NhCcEeE

Official 64 & 32 bit binaries for windows are available on our github repo under release v0.2:

https://github.com/apt-get-schwifty/thehashcoin/releases/tag/v0.2

***PROOF OF STAKE COMING SOON!***

A special thanks to Ethereal2 for translating this talk into Russian! You can find that link here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5025419.msg45469488#msg45469488

Thanks again to all!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noobwhosuckatlife

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:04:44 AM

windows users like: i cant compile anything...
apt-getschwifty (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:09:29 AM

Holy cow that was an incredibly fast response!

I appreciate it!  Cheesy Hope to see a couple new workers in there soon!

And yes haha all the work for this build has been done using various linux distros, but you should have good luck compiling it using the windows instructions for litecoin compilation. I unfortunately only have detailed build instructions for linux distros on the github repo  Sad
noobwhosuckatlife

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:10:48 AM

Haven't compiled anything in like 5 years... waiting patiently ;(
apt-getschwifty (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:31:36 AM

Well if you want to give compiling it a crack I would gladly support you the best I could!

my most recent experience compiling a binary for windows is definitely a few years old, but tbh I need to get some halfway decent build instructions for windows into my README asap anyway. Anything is better than "follow windows compilation guidelines for litecoin" lololol
apt-getschwifty (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:54:37 AM

super
pool will be added speedily

When you say this, do you mean you will add the pool to a list of altcoin pools? Or do you mean you will compile the daemon/wallet and mine in the pool?

Either way, thank you!
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:26:05 AM

cool.

at least you're being honest.

good luck with your project.

apt-getschwifty (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:52:33 AM

Thank you!

I appreciate that. If you're bored one day, check it out!
oioioi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:17:20 PM

I know you have valuable experience about using cannabis into a drug, but in some countries cannabis becomes illegal, it's a challenge of the project that you will make, and of course you need a team of experts to realize all your dreams, so it's better to learn more about this concept so that it becomes relevant for cryptocurrency

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
apt-getschwifty (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:24:23 PM

Absolutely. I have been preparing myself for all of the inevitable bureaucratic obstacles. It will surely be challenging. And I am hoping this post will help me get some more amazing people on board!

Thank you for reading! I hope you take some time and download the daemon and maybe mine a few coins!
apt-getschwifty (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:41:21 PM

After this post, I see a new worker in my pool mining at about 700k hash/s! So exciting! I sent the address 100 coins, if it's anyone who has replied to this thread, thank you! I am diligently working towards a true ICO so please be patient and hopefully we'll make those coins worth some dollars and provide a valuable service all the while!
CryptoMan007

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:16:39 AM

Can you share more details like - block reward, time, total supply?
saltpool

Activity: 222

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:31:31 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2018, 07:01:04 AM by saltpool

https://saltpool.net/images/saltpool-med-trans.png
Mine at SALTPOOL
https://saltpool.net

Payouts are made automatically every 1 hour.
Minimum payout 0.01 THC!

AUSTRALIAN BASED
Stratum settings:
GPU: -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://saltpool.net:3433 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p c=THC

Discord: https://discord.gg/ns6HJMh

Unofficial Windows wallet available from Saltpool discord
apt-getschwifty (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:32:26 AM

Can you share more details like - block reward, time, total supply?

Absolutely.

The current parameters are as follows:

Block reward: 15 THC
Target timespan: 30 minutes
Halving interval 3153600 blocks (approximately 3 years)
Total supply: 94608000 THC

I will append these details to the original post along with some of my reasoning for the quick block and retarget times.

Thanks for checking out the project!
dzkrb

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:47:06 AM

This is at least an honest description of the project. In any case, you have to start a small, but a team. In many countries, cannabis is banned. But, there are many projects here, with the same theme.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
apt-getschwifty (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:07:55 PM

Do you need a pool?

We have a pool operating already at stratum+tcp://162.208.9.65:3333 (also w/ ports 3032 and 3256 for variable stratum difficulty) but I appreciate your interest!

Are you interested in running another pool for us?

This is at least an honest description of the project. In any case, you have to start a small, but a team. In many countries, cannabis is banned. But, there are many projects here, with the same theme.

Thank you for checking us out! Yes, at this time we're a small team, but we are dedicated to making this work, and have already begun preparing a framework to handle all of the legal ramifications surrounding the cannabis industry. Feel free to download the daemon/wallet and mine a few coins! And again, thank you!

apt-getschwifty (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:44:45 PM

Do you need a pool?

Also, if you were asking if you're required to join the pool to mine the coin, the answer is no, solo mining works fine, just make sure you use a legacy address starting with the letter "T" as your coinbase address. Thanks all!
pacamobradillo

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:22:54 PM

Hello all!

This is my first post on bitcointalk.org and I must admit, I am nervous.
I am a relative noob to crypto, but I have experience in C/C++, python and JavaScript, so the core technology has been fascinating and very rewarding to learn about over the last couple years. I found it nearly impossible, with the open source nature of cryptocurrency's, to keep myself from taking a crack at producing an altcoin.

I am an avid believer in the medicinal benefits of marijuana. It has touched not only my life personally (my grandmother beat oral cancer, with the help of marijuana for insomnia, pain and lack of appetite), but many people I know as well. I know that I am far from the first person to think of mixing cannabis and crypto, but I have a different framework for how I think the two could be combined that's not exactly akin to the days of the silk road, but that also has a greater impact than just being another silly altcoin with weed in it's name and artwork.

I would like eventually to have TheHashCoin be the first fully integrated and dedicated (to an industry) electronic asset. Essentially, if all goes as planned (which let's face it, it almost never does) within the next year I would like to have TheHashCoin listed on an exchange, but to only be accepted in it's raw form (the actual digital "coins" themselves) at partnered legal medicinal marijuana dispensaries. This would mean that they would have tangible dollar value at an exchange, but could themselves only be accepted electronically(except when being exchanged) via partnered dispensaries.

So far, the development team consists of only myself and my one younger and one older brother (who are minimally involved at this point, but the project is still in it's infancy). With that being said, for the better part of the last year I have been developing this coin, trying all different sorts of block/target parameters, algorithms, protocols etc. I am not certain that I won't start from scratch again, as I am not sure my current setup will scale well, but I am as happy with it as I have ever been, which is why I am appealing to you, the general public, in hopes that you'll be willing to give us a download and mine a few THC's to help us with the development process!

So though the coin is still in it's infancy, we do have a fully functioning litecoin based (scrypt PoW) altcoin with two dedicated seed nodes to sync the blockchain when you download the coin, and a fully functioning mining pool with variable stratum difficulty. The coin does have Segwit fully deployed/active with clearly marked addresses beginning with the letter "S" for segwit. Legacy addresses are to be used in the mining pool and begin with the letter "T". I will post all of the information for the github repo and mining pool below, if anyone has any questions please read the README in the github repo OR feel free to contact me here, on github or at this email address: bhuff25930@gmail.com

EDIT:

Also added pre-ico details to iconeat. Link posted below!

Some of the relevant coin parameters:

Target time-span: 30 Minutes

Subsidy (block reward): 15 THC

Subsidy halving interval: 3,153,600 (about 3 years)

Total supply: 94,608,000 THC

Thank you for reading!  Smiley

github:
https://github.com/apt-get-schwifty/thehashcoin
mining pool:
stratum+tcp://162.208.9.65:3333 (stratum difficulty 75)
stratum+tcp://162.208.9.65:3032 (stratum difficulty 32)
stratum+tcp://162.208.9.65:3256 (stratum difficulty 256)
web page for mining pool (nomp): https://162.208.9.65:8080
iconeat pre-ico details: https://iconeat.com/ico/thehashcoin/

You have skill very good and I think you a a good coder, but to make a success project, require too much thing than only code, or IT skill.
It require maketing skill, some skill to get attension of all people ... etc...
But you can take a look at other project to know how do they do it
apt-getschwifty (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:46:35 PM

You have skill very good and I think you a a good coder, but to make a success project, require too much thing than only code, or IT skill.
It require maketing skill, some skill to get attension of all people ... etc...
But you can take a look at other project to know how do they do it

Thank you, I appreciate that! I am just beginning the marketing/announcing, "getting the word out" portion of this project, which was mostly the point of this post. I also have the pre-ico details listed at http://www.iconeat.com/ico/thehashcoin if you want to check it out!

Thanks for reading and feel free to download the coin and jump in our pool or solo mine some coins while the difficulty is still low!
Mikelorr

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:24:25 PM

Any windows wallets compiled?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: