Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:53:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We have a problem with fanatical supporters. Bitcoin is becoming a religion.  (Read 4579 times)
Flunder707

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:34:37 PM

Suckered in?  I mine dumb ass.  I never dropped one cent into mining except for 2 video cards I use to game with my friends anyways. 

So tell me,  how did  I get burned?
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:34:40 PM

I can, right now, send value anywhere in the world, almost instantaneously, with a tiny fee (if any), without the help of a middleman or the permission of an authority.

The miners and the pools are the authority.

Right now, they may not have a reason to reject your transactions.

In the future, who knows...

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:35:43 PM

Suckered in?  I mine dumb ass.  I never dropped one cent into mining except for 2 video cards I use to game with my friends anyways. 

eeeeh, you touched the underside of the GPU with your BEAR hands.  Grin

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
lm2f (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:36:15 PM

Bitcoin shills do two things consistently: talk about the past and talk about the future. In the middle is reality and nothing pisses them off more than suffering the observations by the sane while it is occurring.
send value anywhere in the world

This is where you are wrong. Bitcoin has no value. It's worth nothing.
raskul

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:37:05 PM

Bitcoin shills do two things consistently: talk about the past and talk about the future. In the middle is reality and nothing pisses them off more than suffering the observations by the sane while it is occurring.

OK.  Grin

lm2f (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:37:41 PM

Wonder how much of that monopoly money is real  Roll Eyes

Why don't you try to cash out and tell us? Somehow I don't think you're gonna get your money kiddo. I'm sorry you're so easily tricked.
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:37:53 PM

you must have had some bitcoin to buy your alt, 'lm2f'. so btc has one use, right?

Flunder707

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:38:00 PM

So you're telling me bitcoin is equal to your pathetic life ?
raskul

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:39:28 PM

Why don't you try to cash out and tell us? Somehow I don't think you're gonna get your money kiddo. I'm sorry you're so easily tricked.

I cash out every other week (or when my mining round finishes) this week I cashed out £177. I'm off to whitby for the weekend to spend it*.

*it = money transacted and cashed out to a bank using bitcoin as the initial fund.

pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:39:31 PM

OP has unresolved issues...

It's not a religion; it's excitement. People who support Bitcoin so fervently just grasp the concept better than you do. If you understood the gravity of the accomplishment and the brilliant potential; you'd be excited about it too.

You don't understand Bitcoin because you don't understand the reason for its invention. You can't grasp an answer for which you don't even understand the question...

Contrary to what you think we believe; We'd rather you not invest in it at all until you can understand why it's important.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:40:08 PM

This fanaticism is an online phenomenon. Those who shout loudest on forums don't necessarily represent the view of the majority.

Talk to influential bitcoiners in real life. You will find that most of them have a sober and humble attitude. Their heart is in it, but they are aware of the risks.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
Flunder707

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:40:23 PM

I cash out all the time as well.  Thank you Coinbase!   Grin
lm2f (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:42:42 PM

It's not a religion; it's excitement. People who support Bitcoin so fervently just grasp the concept better than you do. If you understood the gravity of the accomplishment and the brilliant potential; you'd be excited about it too.

You don't understand Bitcoin because you don't understand the reason for its invention. You can't grasp an answer for which you don't even understand the question...

Contrary to what you think we believe; We'd rather you not invest in it at all until you can understand why it's important.
Of course I have issues with bitcoin supporters.

Consider: I am pissed that I wasted time on learning about it though I lost no money. You people are pissed because I dare criticize something you claim is valuable. Add that up...

Get it through your fucking head - people aren't interested in shit for its own sake. It has to have value. If people can do fine without something, they will. Most people have no interest in taking on technological skill sets just so some techie can feel useful for finding a longer more convoluted way to do something no one needs.

That's the whole fucking point of product development, and btc currently sucks. There's no ground floor to get in on because it remains riddled with incompetence, perhaps even in concept. So lets discuss that for 20 years on bitcointalk, because that's the visible future of it.
raskul

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:43:46 PM

please explain why and we can do our best to indoctrinate you in our religion, totally brainwashing you to do things that you don't want to do.

Consider: I am pissed that I wasted time on learning about it though I lost no money. You people are pissed because I dare criticize something you claim is valuable. Add that up...

compare that time learning bitcoin, to how many years you spent learning at school.. which took longer?

Get it through your fucking head - people aren't interested in shit for its own sake. It has to have value. If people can do fine without something, they will. Most people have no interest in taking on technological skill sets just so some techie can feel useful for finding a longer more convoluted way to do something no one needs.

i am interested in shit, especially after i've had a raging hot curry.

That's the whole fucking point of product development, and btc currently sucks. There's no ground floor to get in on because it remains riddled with incompetence, perhaps even in concept. So lets discuss that for 20 years on bitcointalk, because that's the visible future of it.

i welcome your criticism.
 Grin

lm2f (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:49:48 PM

I make money elsewhere and don't need this crap.

But you're damn right I'm mad. For one, I'm not some greedy fuck who thinks money I didn't make is somehow a loss. Two, I didn't actually lose any cash because I never trusted the shit enough to go near it.

But I have lost. I have lost precious time reading about it and hearing people cry about one damn crisis after another. I have lost time reading and learning about it and wasting five seconds of faith that it was going anywhere by wrongly dignifying it with legitimate attention. I've wasted countless minutes and calories learning about some faggot nerd shit only to ultimately conclude the whole thing is some autistic online game played by losers who think clever little software exchanges represent wealth.

Hell, I'm wasting time on it right now. It's a fucking black hole that's all about discussions and talk and no god damn actual business.

And then there's always that guy. If you point out any criticism of BTC, some shill jumps in with "it used to be worth nothing and u mad it went to $1k lololololol!"

Just because some poor sap will pay $1k for a bag of shit doesn't make my toilet a gold mine and flushing does not constitute a fortune lost, you daft fucks.

Bitcoin shills are like goldbugs on crack. Its all about being viewed as 'right' no matter how shitty the evidence is. That's what they love more than profit. Its some sort of autistic cult. You can't convince them the hole thing is a waste. Bunk. The currency' of hubris colliding with ignorance. They should have called it BabelCoin.

BTC goes up "I have something people pay for! I'm a genius!"
BTC plummets "It will be worth a fortune any day now"

I cant tell if they are crazy or retarded.
lm2f (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:52:18 PM

The market disagrees with you. By all means, continue to ignore it so your delusion remains intact.

Tell you what, why don't you go to the store and try to buy next week's groceries with bitcoin. Let us know how well that works out.

I cash out every other week (or when my mining round finishes) this week I cashed out £177. I'm off to whitby for the weekend to spend it*.

*it = money transacted and cashed out to a bank using bitcoin as the initial fund.

And I have Keira Knightley lying in my bed. See? I can pull bullshit out of my ass too.
raskul

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:52:21 PM

I make money elsewhere and don't need this crap.

But you're damn right I'm mad. For one, I'm not some greedy fuck who thinks money I didn't make is somehow a loss. Two, I didn't actually lose any cash because I never trusted the shit enough to go near it.

But I have lost. I have lost precious time reading about it and hearing people cry about one damn crisis after another. I have lost time reading and learning about it and wasting five seconds of faith that it was going anywhere by wrongly dignifying it with legitimate attention. I've wasted countless minutes and calories learning about some faggot nerd shit only to ultimately conclude the whole thing is some autistic online game played by losers who think clever little software exchanges represent wealth.

Hell, I'm wasting time on it right now. It's a fucking black hole that's all about discussions and talk and no god damn actual business.

And then there's always that guy. If you point out any criticism of BTC, some shill jumps in with "it used to be worth nothing and u mad it went to $1k lololololol!"

Just because some poor sap will pay $1k for a bag of shit doesn't make my toilet a gold mine and flushing does not constitute a fortune lost, you daft fucks.

Bitcoin shills are like goldbugs on crack. Its all about being viewed as 'right' no matter how shitty the evidence is. That's what they love more than profit. Its some sort of autistic cult. You can't convince them the hole thing is a waste. Bunk. The currency' of hubris colliding with ignorance. They should have called it BabelCoin.

BTC goes up "I have something people pay for! I'm a genius!"
BTC plummets "It will be worth a fortune any day now"

I cant tell if they are crazy or retarded.

i'm very content to waste your time on it some more... please... get these things off your chest, i'm sure you will feel better.  Wink

pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:57:18 PM

You're pissed because you learned something and not because you lost something? You sound wise...

We're not upset about your opinion; we've heard it before. It's the equivalent of a child throwing a temper tantrum because they don't understand how to finish their math homework...

People did fine without the internet, they did fine without books, they did fine without banks, money, or governments; yet here we are... People adopt ideas that benefit them in various ways. Your point is so far off base from reality that you should probably explain yourself as to how you can possibly think that's the way it is...

There are 4 things that have real value, food, water, shelter, and life. Everything else is artificially evaluated and given some form of worth. Bitcoin has extrinsic value based on utility, security, and ideology.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
raskul

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:00:25 PM

I can pull bullshit out of my ass too.

note: this is what my first post suggested, thanks for your confirmation. now please. put your arse away, this is a public forum.  Cool

Flunder707

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:02:22 PM

I think the problem is he didn't learn anything.  He failed to learn it and missed out and is now mad.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: