Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:46:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I will never sell my Alts for loss: Prefer to take them to the cemetery!  (Read 3683 times)
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:48:17 PM

I am not a holder who is able to hold coins or tokens for a long time, especially for years. My principle, small profits are not a problem, but keep repeating. No one wants to lose, of course. But price movements are hard to guess. Profit is a combination of good analysis and luck. Then we must be able to adapt to each change, must be able to withstand high risks, and be patient.

jona

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:11:19 PM

The true cryptocurrncy believers don't sell out of panic because their confidence is build so strong on the market believing it will boom again but weak hands sell out of improper or poor orientation.
zhengqi

Activity: 632
Merit: 60

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:42:19 PM

This is a good approach, but not all violas can survive. Some are better to sell immediately. Do not forget that all the coins are different and they can behave differently. HODL strategy may not be suitable for everyone.

fathur01

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:56:44 PM

I agree that you should not sell at a loss, ever. I think that if you just hold on for another year or a maximum of two years, then you will see many tokens and altcoins at the peak and then it will be possible to sell. Can't be greedy.
z21770179

Activity: 474
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:26:04 PM

Not them faults, people don't like losing their money so iis yourself but we are all strong in different areas ,remember that not every one has the strength to HODL for even 2years ,they got something wrong ,many think cryptocurrency is get rich quick scheme ,its far from that
If anyone think rich quick with crypto I thought it was a mistake. crypto investment requires patience. and for those who can't wait no doubt they will sell assets they immediately panic because altcoin see the market right now.

Not quite wrong, a lot of people get rich quickly thanks to cryptocurrency. That is the reason why this market is dangerous and risky but always brings the potential for rapid investment for venture capitalists.
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 10:37:24 PM

Guys, we can keep the coins or sell, but unfortunately the price depends from whales in most cases. If the coin has a technology in background, it will not be dumped to zero.

Game of Links

cyber~license©
CleverOracle

Activity: 549
Merit: 100

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:55:08 PM

Guys, we can keep the coins or sell, but unfortunately the price depends from whales in most cases. If the coin has a technology in background, it will not be dumped to zero.

Definitely! any coin will not be a shitcoin as long as it has support from the team and community, also if a working product is release then I'm sure the demand for that particular coin will gradually increase. Keep holding if you believe on the coin and on its team vision!

contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 11:06:40 PM

If you do what you state in the OP, and never sell for a loss, some coins you will take to the cemetery, but if you have a decent range of them, and you just HODL, when the entire crypto market reaches a total MC in the TRILLIONS in 2 to 10 years, you will be a very rich man.

If I still had all the major alts I cashed out for fiat over the past 5 years, I would have around 25 million USD. Granted I made at least a half million in profit from just what I have sold, I could have had a 50 times more if I still had the coins and sold today.

Im not talking total $$ amount I sold for, but the actual profit I made off of them.

The majority of what I have bought I still hold, and they are worth a ton.

And same for you OP, by following your plan, you will make a killing. Many times your money, as most of the alts go up and down generally pegged to BTC and the market as a whole.

Like they say HODL!! While you may get stuck riding some your coins down to nothing, you will make up for it with the coins that DO make it.

Granted, you cant just buy every stupid shitcoin that comes out, but if you are getting in early on serious coins that are going somewhere, and hold them 5 to 10 years, you will make 100x - 1000x your money if you dont let yourself be swayed by the extreme ups and downs of the market and FUD.

HODL

SIMPLE but far from EASY!!!
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 11:08:42 PM

Selling your alts is personal decision, I don't think anyone should be crucified or nailed for doing that, it's very normal. In my own opinion, it's good to be patient anyway. Never sell when the market is down, the greens will always come. Also, educate new people you bring into this space about FUD, so they don't sell off at loss simply because of constant downtrend.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 11:23:29 PM

I am not a holder who is able to hold coins or tokens for a long time, especially for years. My principle, small profits are not a problem, but keep repeating. No one wants to lose, of course. But price movements are hard to guess. Profit is a combination of good analysis and luck. Then we must be able to adapt to each change, must be able to withstand high risks, and be patient.
as long as the results are favorable, in my opinion, whatever strategy is used is not a problem at all because our main goal is to make a profit, so if you can profit in the short term, I think it's better because you can get it faster after all small profits are not a problem as long as we can do it repeatedly so if calculated, the results will also be large

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 11:28:21 PM

I think that you should just keep any tokens or coins, as long as their price does not rise at least twice, and if you believe the practice, it usually happens.
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 02:42:11 PM

While I know that this may not be the best strategy, I actually feel the same. I've only sold a few, mainly because I lost trust in the project, then grew my stack in the next one I already was in. I try and accept my loss when I invest in it and figure that once a real bull run starts, I may have been investing in at least 1 business that will go far...and in that case I will have a nice % of the supply, and hopefully also a nice stack of $$!
rhyo3232

Activity: 482

https://www.empirehotels.io/

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 03:04:12 PM

I like your way of thinking, bro. for what we buy crypto if we sell it at a cheaper price of course crypto is a commodity that is a commodity, that is long-term investment so we just need to be patient and wait.

EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019
yitzjoe

Activity: 390
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 04:41:04 AM

crypto is different from forex, where falling prices can still do recovery for the foreseeable future and this is the reality when you trade crypto. so when the current price is not good then you just have to wait for the time until the price improves and gives you profit, there's no harm in being patient for something you want to achieve
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:47:03 AM

only the panic selling coins they have at a low price. If you believe that with the potential crypto, in the long run, it will hold up to rose and even reach new ATH. selling price in loss is indeed not a good solution to do because it will only create chaos in the capital and strategy.
clavirda

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:00:31 AM

I fully agree with this statement. I also do not plan to sell my coins in the period of falling prices. During this period, it is better to distract from this situation and continue to wait. I am confident that the crypto market has great potential. And over time, just restore their previous positions.
Ifychuks
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:16:40 PM

Your post topic got me laughing dude.. Hahahaha.. Seems selling off has taught you a lesson the hard way. Well, you are not alone. Before I joined this forum, I don't stay a day to sell of the coins I got from airdrop on listing. Now, I have learnt better. I hold till I see good profit.
cichaescut
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

SYNCHROBIT

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:19:50 PM

I agree with you and think that selling right now and losing money is not the best possible option. Just believe in crypto and wait till the crypto market is going to recover its value. It is going to happen in the second quarter of this year.

letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:25:27 PM

As long as I live live I will not sell my Alts at a loss.
It is a shame that Bitches are selling: These bitches can’t see 2 years from NOW: Booming!
I primarily hold Cardano!

Oh, poor holders... That looks really pathetic now, you are trying not to lose hope Smiley
Many people are selling now because they didn't plan to freeze this money for 2 years, they just need it... to buy food Smiley

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Genkotsu

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:30:07 PM

i'm holding much altcoin and buying this from the begin of 2018 and after that you know the price for all cryptocurrency are going down and make value for all of my asset are reduced, and until today i'm prefered to hold than sell them

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: