Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:36:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Turkey vs Trump  (Read 301 times)
Cryptomilz (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:53:36 PM

JUST IN: Turkey's finance minister says the US dollar has 'lost its credibility'

Source: CNN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brian_Wood

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:18:56 PM

JUST IN: Turkey's finance minister says the US dollar has 'lost its credibility'

So what? Are they gonna go to war with the US? I just read an article about Russia saying the similar thing. The funny thing was though that they had quotes from Russia saying the same thing earlier this year and every year for the past 5 years or so. I don't think this quote from one minister is actually going to mean anything. What are they doing to do about it?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 09:48:27 PM

Having read the title for a second I thought Trump got into a dispute with some random turkey pooping on White House lawn and tweeted something juvenile about our favorite Thanksgiving meal.

Which would probably make a lot more sense than the US getting into juvenile disputes with allies. Not that Turkey is a super great ally but still a NATO member. This will just alienate them even more and strengthen Erdogan. I can't imagine how that benefits the US.

I was ready to put money on the turkey BTW. In our neighborhood wild turkeys roam the streets in gangs of 15-20 and don't take shit from no one.

What are they doing to do about it?

They could tell the US to pack up their military bases into a U-Haul truck and move them somewhere else.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 11:12:24 PM

So what? Are they gonna go to war with the US? I just read an article about Russia saying the similar thing. The funny thing was though that they had quotes from Russia saying the same thing earlier this year and every year for the past 5 years or so. I don't think this quote from one minister is actually going to mean anything. What are they doing to do about it?

no they will go to the usa and later maybe Europe if they start saying the same about europe, and beg there companies to build something in turkey for the money they create, its going to be even more embarassing than before.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:09:36 AM

Having read the title for a second I thought Trump got into a dispute with some random turkey pooping on White House lawn and tweeted something juvenile about our favorite Thanksgiving meal.

Which would probably make a lot more sense than the US getting into juvenile disputes with allies. Not that Turkey is a super great ally but still a NATO member. This will just alienate them even more and strengthen Erdogan. I can't imagine how that benefits the US.

I was ready to put money on the turkey BTW. In our neighborhood wild turkeys roam the streets in gangs of 15-20 and don't take shit from no one.

What are they doing to do about it?

They could tell the US to pack up their military bases into a U-Haul truck and move them somewhere else.

Wild turkeys roam the streets in gangs of 15-20?

You must not have people who know the art of smoking and barbecuing turkeys.

Because guys that do don't take shit from turkeys.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 01:18:49 AM

I hear what you're saying and I'm salivating every time I see them but hunting is prohibited within town limits... so unless one completely accidentally falls into a trap of some sort I guess we'll never know how they taste.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:11:03 AM

I hear what you're saying and I'm salivating every time I see them but hunting is prohibited within town limits... so unless one completely accidentally falls into a trap of some sort I guess we'll never know how they taste.

If enough of them "accidentally fell into a trap" there'd certainly be one or two to give to the authorities.

I can see a big net flat on the ground and when they are all on top eating the seed, pull the lever and up it goes!
SimpleBitMaker

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:42:59 PM

Yeah but the difference here is that Russia is the second largest military power in the world, manufactures nuclear weapons, and can support its economy by exporting petrol. Turkey has textiles and vegetables to keep its economy afloat.

There's a lot of senseless aggression going on right now between many powers. It seems like someone wanted to stir up the markets a bit and cause some chaos in emerging markets. Turkey doesn't seem the least bit concerned by the fact that they are teetering on the verge of an economic crisis, almost as if they are enjoying the ride. What could be their motive?
Emigham7

Activity: 70
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:59:46 PM

Who cares about what Turkey has to say. We don't give a dam. If the U. S dollar looses it's credibility in his regime /country, let him start crediting my account with it. He lacks a sense of what world economy is about
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:10:42 PM

Yeah but the difference here is that Russia is the second largest military power in the world, manufactures nuclear weapons, and can support its economy by exporting petrol. Turkey has textiles and vegetables to keep its economy afloat.

There's a lot of senseless aggression going on right now between many powers. It seems like someone wanted to stir up the markets a bit and cause some chaos in emerging markets. Turkey doesn't seem the least bit concerned by the fact that they are teetering on the verge of an economic crisis, almost as if they are enjoying the ride. What could be their motive?
Russia is the second power by the number of nuclear warheads. But all of them are in such condition that a large part of them do not fly. Lol! Russia is a collapsed Empire that can not accept this. Erdogan wants to do the same with Turkey. I find it funny when rogue States oppose themselves to country number one.
jaxteller

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 08:44:53 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2018, 04:33:18 PM by jaxteller

Erdogan thinks too highly of himself, he should consider the repercussions of his actions. His people (meaning the turkish people) are suffering because of it. People can't buy shit, their buying power has gone to shit. I hope he thinks carefully about his future steps, because this shit ain't lookin good.
Phomology

Activity: 42
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:27:14 PM

That is actually very funny, in turkey crypto currencies are on a massive rise as people are loosing trust in the lira,
I read an article about it this morning. If someone is interested I see if I find it again.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 12:20:21 AM

Erdogan thinks too highly of himself, he should consider the repurcussions of his actions. His people (meaning the turkish people) are suffering because of it. People can't buy shit, their buying power has gone to shit. I hope he thinks carefully about his future steps, because this shit ain't lookin good.
Many countries in the world suffers from the rise of the dollar in addition to the devaluation of its local currencies.
The dispute between USA and Turkey is political. USA is hiding a criminal clerk (Turkey point of view of course) and refuse to extradite it to Turkey. Now when Turkey detained a criminal clerk (or at least considering the Turkish version), USA is forcing Turkey to return its angel back and when Turkey refuse since the situation should be solved in the court like any democratic country, USA made sanctions to some Turkish political figures.
USA under Trump is acting like a gang more than a civilised country. I don't know until now how could he passed the medical test before becoming a president!

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:10:37 AM

Erdogan thinks too highly of himself, he should consider the repurcussions of his actions. His people (meaning the turkish people) are suffering because of it. People can't buy shit, their buying power has gone to shit. I hope he thinks carefully about his future steps, because this shit ain't lookin good.
Many countries in the world suffers from the rise of the dollar in addition to the devaluation of its local currencies.
The dispute between USA and Turkey is political. USA is hiding a criminal clerk (Turkey point of view of course) and refuse to extradite it to Turkey. Now when Turkey detained a criminal clerk (or at least considering the Turkish version), USA is forcing Turkey to return its angel back and when Turkey refuse since the situation should be solved in the court like any democratic country, USA made sanctions to some Turkish political figures.
USA under Trump is acting like a gang more than a civilised country. I don't know until now how could he passed the medical test before becoming a president!

That is the correct question.

Grin
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 01:40:48 AM

I don't know until now how could he passed the medical test before becoming a president!

There is no official medical test for presidential candidates. Even president's annual check-up that is typically made public is not actually mandatory.
lightcar

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:55:31 AM

The US dollar hasn't had any real value since they went off the gold standard, the only thing that is still giving it value is the fear of their massive military.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:43:18 PM

The US dollar hasn't had any real value since they went off the gold standard, the only thing that is still giving it value is the fear of their massive military.

Well you have to admit, it has only just started.

Grin
jaxteller

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 04:38:12 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2018, 01:11:13 AM by jaxteller

You are correct about what you said, but Trump knows that they are economically stronger than Turkey and can basically threaten them. Erdogan shouldn't do the same thing as it can really have an effect on their economy (we have all witnessed this with the decline of the Turkish Lira). I just hope the Lira gets back to its old position soon.
tinhvangin

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:26:38 PM

what do country next  Cheesy
MilkyMilton

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:35:55 PM

Erdogan and Turkey had better learn something very fast. Turkey is no match for the US. Either on an economical or a ballistic war front, US still has the upper hand. The earlier they realize this, the better for them. It appears to many people that Trump doesn't know what he is doing. And that there is what I think is his strength. He acts sporadically in a way that makes people underestimate his capabilities. The dollar might eventually lose its strength but that might not happen anytime soon.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: