Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:42:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use cryptocurrencies in your daily life? Are they useful?  (Read 14296 times)
Oabreu (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:15:46 PM

This and other questions are part of a questionnaire that we, a research team from the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) are doing. It seeks to understand the drivers' usage of cryptocurrencies by the end user such as you and me. Considering 10 different dimensions, from perceived usefulness to privacy to profitability, among others.
It takes on average 3 minutes to answer.

Here is the link for the questionnaire:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cryptocurrencies_usage

More details if you want to know more about it:
For this, it was created a questionnaire with Likert type scale questions. These dimensions will then be used to construct a model, based on the traditional Technology Acceptance Model (TAM) developed in 1989, and some others developed afterwards, but with more adapted to the cryptocurrencies ecosystem. Then it will be done some data analysis and compilation of results.
This questionnaire has some focus on the financial area, but this does not mean it is the most important. We know there are some other dimensions not being addresses in this questionnaire, such as decentralisation/government influence, that may be addressed in the future.
After analysing and publishing the thesis and papers I will post on this forum with infographics and the most important conclusions of the study.

There are no open questions, but you can post here or message me about this.

Thank you for your time! Best Regards,
The University Institute of Lisbon research team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:19:10 PM

Nice. I personally love it. Every time i see that some service is available via crypto payments i do it that way. First i dont disclose my information, and it is quick and safe.
Crypto over card payment every day!
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:38:23 PM

This and other questions are part of a questionnaire that we, a research team from the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) are doing. It seeks to understand the drivers' usage of cryptocurrencies by the end user such as you and me. Considering 10 different dimensions, from perceived usefulness to privacy to profitability, among others.

For this, it was created a questionnaire with Likert type scale questions. These dimensions will then be used to construct a model, based on the traditional Technology Acceptance Model (TAM) developed in 1989, and some others developed afterwards, but with more adapted to the cryptocurrencies ecosystem. Then it will be done some data analysis and compilation of results.
This questionnaire has some focus on the financial area, but this does not mean it is the most important. We know there are some other dimensions not being addresses in this questionnaire, such as decentralisation/government influence, that may be addressed in the future.
After analysing and publishing the thesis and papers I will post on this forum with infographics and the most important conclusions of the study.

I did not answer any of the questions in your questionnaire. I feel not comfortable answering it because of the fear that it may be another modus if I do.i will be waiting for some feedback on some users who answer your survey.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Merritt_Baldric

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:41:07 PM

It would be great to see cryptos replacing fiat money. I know some people do not want to see that happen but it is an option. Nowadays, it is very hard to use cryptos in daily routines. It is hard because of the exchange rates and places to do it. It can be done online and it means you need a good connection. The world is still dominated by banks and they do not allow cryptos. Some countries do not allow their citizens to use cryptos as well. In that case, it is very hard to use cryptos in daily routines. I believe this will happen one day but not now.
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:22:45 AM

In a daily basis yes, but only for reloading my phone to able to call. I pay my internet bills with crypto in the monthly. It is very useful as for now- I don't know when it will last but I am maximizing it's utilities for now. Another is I send money to my relatives using crypto and it is the best thing that I liked about, less fees and instant transactions.
permatasai

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:38:13 AM

I have not used it at all, because in our country there are still appeals about the dangers of using crypto so that almost all fields have not supported crypto transactions and services
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:01:10 AM

I have not used it at all, because in our country there are still appeals about the dangers of using crypto so that almost all fields have not supported crypto transactions and services

Not just only in your country but as of now in many countries, we can't buy things with cryptos directly. In the country also no shop accepts crypto as a payment option.

Nice. I personally love it. Every time i see that some service is available via crypto payments i do it that way. First i dont disclose my information, and it is quick and safe.

You need to remember one thing that crypto is not a reversible payment so the seller may try to scam you after they receive payment. So you have to choose only reputed services to send payment via cryptos or go with an escrow. Many people lost their coins after sending payments to unknown person online so you should be careful while dealing online particularly with non-reversible payments.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:05:56 AM

I did not answer any of the questions in your questionnaire. I feel not comfortable answering it because of the fear that it may be another modus if I do.i will be waiting for some feedback on some users who answer your survey.
There's nothing to worry about dude so relax Smiley. I also visited the link above and I don't find anything suspicious in their questionnaires, just purely survey which only requires personal opinions to answer.

Though I'm not yet answering their questionnaire, my intuition still says that they don't have bad motives for conducting this survey simply because they are not asking sensitive matters like the usernames and passwords of your accounts, wallet addresses, private keys etc. so feel free to answer Grin (if you still want to).
2start

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:48:48 AM

I use cryptocurrency to buy coins and get profiles, because in my country I haven't legalized cryptocurrency to buy anything. but with trading I have got the benefits of cryptocurrency.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:49:15 AM

I did answer the questionnaire. It was interesting and completed under 5 Minutes although a few of the questions concerning cryptocurrency usage felt repetitive.

Meanwhile, I guess many commenting on this thread did not bother answering the questionnaire, the replies seem offtopic and kind of generic possibly to increase their post counts.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:03:00 AM

All these days and I have not seen any good service which accepts the bitcoin or other cryptos as payment and I like it. This is because I want to use crypto currencies over different products and services which I use on daily basis. If I hit the coffee shop then I read Mastercard accepted here but I have not seen until the day any label saying that Bitcoin Accepted Here. Thats the most demotivating thing I have with me and thats why I use the crypto currency for only being and selling other coins, profit myself and very much stuff related to the investments. Unfortunately, having middle ways like converting the coin to fiat and then using it is not real use of curry because its discomfortable.
Rastafarian

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:10:50 AM

I have been in this cryptocurrency business not long ago,roughly two years now and there are a whole lot of benefits i have derived from becoming a member of the platform. I am crypto addict and always love to talk crypto.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:50:38 AM

The daily use is there or not is solely dependent upon many factors. For example whether I am online buyer or not is the biggest factor where buying online can be easy stuff with bitcoin as there are tons of third party softwares who provide this bridge and thus we can easily buy with it. Now I enjoy online shopping a lot so I am using the bitcoin on daily basis. There are not many options available for spending rest of the currencies and they are also not capable of having that value. For off line use I would give 2 out of 10 ratings for all crypto's they are useless in it.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:11:04 AM

It would be better, if you use a Google forms survey.For some reason my browser can't open the surveymonkey link.Anyway,I can answer your questions here.No,I don't use cryptocurrencies in my daily life.I just earn btc and HODL,waiting for a better price.Unfortunately there's no way that cryptocurrencies can be useful in my daily life.

jujurloe

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 06:20:28 AM

my daily life at the office and a lot of free time that made me able to use the time to play crypto especially trading and bounty. Is this what you mean by using crypto on daily activities
Dilerium90

Activity: 756
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:24:32 AM

I use cryptocurrency only like speculation thing. I am trader. And i also think, that 90% of people, who use cryptocurrency, they use it for speculation and nothing else. If we talk about daily life, i use normal fiat there.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
aleksnutis

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:04:41 AM

How can they be used in everyday life when there is no normal bridge from crypto-currency to fiat and vice versa. As soon as there is this bridge, I will use money transfers.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:13:55 AM

Unless we all want to lie to ourselves, in most places now, cryptocurrency is not being used daily for life stuffs and all we are just so keen about is the profitability in the long run. Sure, things would change over time as cryptocurrency starts getting more established, development in the blockchain sector keeps improving and we starts seeing usage and adoption by merchants, but for now, asides from being a payment means for jobs done across boarder or whatsoever, which is good enough anyway, there is no other usefulness.
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:03:55 PM

In my case, I happen not to use cryptocurrency since in our country only btc and eth wee the cryptos that are generally recognized. My only transaction that I had using cryptocurrency is when my reward token was traded into fiat money and other than that, I had no other usage for cryptocurrency coins. However, I believe that in the next few years, cryptocurrencies other than btc might as well be recognize and use by the people as a currency for buying items and for payment transactions.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 12:14:48 PM

Unless we all want to lie to ourselves, in most places now, cryptocurrency is not being used daily for life stuffs and all we are just so keen about is the profitability in the long run.

Actually, people in Venezuela already started using cryptos to transfer money.
Their currency is losing value much faster than BTC can drop. It is being adopted there currently.

People are using bitcoin, dash or nano to buy food/clothes/water or to charge their phone. They have completely lost the faith into their national currency and started USING crypto.

While it is true that all cryptocurrencies seem to be just a speculative object in most countries, this does not apply to all countries.
And i am sure there will be more countries whose financial system will collapse. People in these countries might start adopting towards crypto too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: