Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:51:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is better for hodl? ETC or NEO?  (Read 1598 times)
anthonytt (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:12:57 AM

ETC was just listed and trading on coinbase. Comparing with NEO, which one is better for holding?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SuperP

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:15:01 AM

As for me it's better to invest for a long time in ethereum because this coin shows reliability and stable growth  Cool
Buntel168

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:20:07 AM

I think both are good for holding, both of them are among the top 15 coins in coinmarketcap. ETC and NEO is agood investment for the long term.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:20:20 AM

ETC was just listed and trading on coinbase. Comparing with NEO, which one is better for holding?
I don't know much about ETC but I have been holding Neo since January and the value keep dropping.  I will try to study this coin and if possible invest along as I thing if we invest in any of the knowing coin now we would make money if we hold for long-term.
aleksnutis

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:22:39 AM

Despite the fact that the ETC listing on coinbase, I think it's better to buy Neo. What does the team of the ETC do? What product are they preparing? What will create liquidity for their tokens? while there are no answers.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 07:22:57 AM

personally i believe that no altcoin is ever good for holding (long term investment). they are most suited for short term trading which you just take the profit and move to the next one.
but if you want to do it, in the current market situation that every altcoin is bleeding hard it may not be such a good idea to make decisions right now. i would wait for the rising signals to start coming out before making an investment.

--looking for signature--
dokterkoin93

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:29:02 AM

In my opinion, It is better to hold eth rather than neo because the price of eth more valuable rather than neo. If we compare the price of eth today with neo in the coinmarketcap, there is big gap that eth can reach $280 but neo $16 and then because of the market most of coins affected and make the price of coins decrease. So, the decrease of the value coin is not just effected for eth but also neo too.
anthonytt (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:39:54 AM

Most Alt dropped 90% from ATH in current bearish market. So very hard to choose a good one for holding.
umar22pk

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 07:45:55 AM

Both are good coins to hold…but hold for long term, market is bearish so buy much as you can but never sell & hold for long term.
You can also hold some other coins along with ETC & NEO if you can than buy more, BNB, GVT & NPXS are also having potential & return you a reasonable profit.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:44:25 AM

i don't really follow the altcoin news these days but if ETC was actually listed on Coinbase then there should be a pump already going on for this coin which you can use to profit. but only for short term.
so far it seems like ETC had a little rise like the rest of the altcoins, nothing major. maybe you need to check the source of your news.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:45:03 AM

They are still both altcoins as far as I am concerned, and they sure both have some prospects in growth in the long run, no doubt. However, if you are asking which is better to hodl, that would be a question only you can answer, because you may need to actually understand the two projects, do your due diligence and see which one you feel would be more appealing in the long run. ETC being on coinbase does not change anything, it is the same as being listed on any other solid exchange, except for the fact that it gets accessible to more investors.

They are simply both in the same category of smart contract usage though, with different features and I am sure you know how ETC came about. Make your decisions based on that, and if you cannot make a solid decision, there is no harm in going in on the two. After all, that is the essence of diversifying we always talk about, since we obviously cannot predict the future of any coin.
kololo

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:45:37 AM

I don't think either of the them are worth to hodl. ETC is just a copy of ethereum but with less people to use that, and neo seems famous but with less technology in that.

I think the better choice is to hold tezos. 
MChain

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:50:28 AM

At this point I'd suggest you hold your USD (not USDT!) if you haven't invested yet. Whait for the bottom that we'll see in a couple of months or so

/
waser12

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 08:55:17 AM

Looking at current situation at the market and low prices of alt coins you can hold both ETC and NEO but keep in mind that ETC has already grew up significantly.

melander81

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:55:53 AM

I am investing in NEO, the price is truly at a discount and it has a lot more future ahead of it. There are a lot of DAPPs and project already built around the NEO smart contract.
meaamir86

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:14:21 AM

I read his comment and completely agree NEO is going to survive the crash and the use cases for crypto will come, NEO will be the tech many will decide to use. Quantum resistance, dBFT, tx speed, dividends. Smart contracts can programmed in one of many languages. Thin how much work and futzing it would take BCH to become quantum resistant.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:19:13 AM

ETC is better than NEO, for me invest into ETC will more profitable for long term period. You can enter the market but the risk is sideways still running, so patience is needed. I suggest you to enter market and invest into ETC at November, at that time market will show the real move. Wait for now and good luck to you.

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:35:16 PM

Some people here are mistaking ETC for ETH which is Ethereum. ETC stands for Ethereum Classic which came as a result of the fork in Ethereum. As for the decision making, I think both cryptocurrency are very good so you’re going to be making the decision based on your own personal reasons. But the price analysis I checked last for ETH, ETC and NEO shows that this is probably one of the most exciting times despite the slow market.

If your budget allows you then you may go for some other coins which are having only less than 25% of their all time high price levels. If you buy and hold them then you may get up to 3x profit in very quicker time. Do your own research by referring coinmarketcap and find out such coins. But, please do not ask again to this community as people suggest some random coins rather than suggesting the actual.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:10:29 PM

Do your own research by referring coinmarketcap and find out such coins. But, please do not ask again to this community as people suggest some random coins rather than suggesting the actual.
Trade advises these days do not come for free and even if anyone should see a free one, it is better to at least have some trading knowledge to be able to get the best from the market. One thing however, is that the like of tradingview.com have some cryptocurrency pro traders that can be followed and some of them are actually good. Nevertheless, no trader can predict the future and they can as well be wrong at times, which is the main reason to always know what to do in such cases.

I must agree with you. People are recommending in open discussion the coins where they have invested already or promoting their own coins with alt accounts. This is only happening every topic of this board and in altcoin speculation board. I guess some serious steps are required to protect the welfare of this community which includes lots of novice and innocent investors.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
master2021

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:18:34 PM

I think ETC
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: