Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:02:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GoldBars (GDB/GOLD) | KGW | Scrypt | Safe IPO | Rare  (Read 43902 times)
biohammer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:44:54 PM

Kill the old one and relaunch a 2.0 fairly. 
robertson2013

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:45:43 PM

Also a clean slate would be best but giving the option to hand back mined coins for the new one would be fair. Its only really been 12hrs so not to much for people to worry about and they could continue to mine till the new launch anyway then swap over.

Still means a small pre mine but its a pretty easy one to justify seeing as no-one loses from their current mined coins which means technically the community gets the pre mine and not 1 person, all investors are covered and some new IPO's on a smaller scale.

Open, honest, fair, transparent coin relaunch

robertson2013

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:02:29 PM

Better name "Gold Standard" GSC  Wink
Crypto King

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:13:02 PM

A clean new relaunch is needed here, it will attract a lot more people.

It will be for the best and you will have twice the coin you got now. But make the relaunch bold and quick so GOLD BARS is fresh in everyones head!

qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:04:59 PM

I feel sad I just found this coin and missed the IPO just for one day. I would have loved to have participated here because of course I am not a miner but let's see if the coin is relaunching or what is happening first.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:24:55 PM

Also a clean slate would be best but giving the option to hand back mined coins for the new one would be fair. Its only really been 12hrs so not to much for people to worry about and they could continue to mine till the new launch anyway then swap over.

Still means a small pre mine but its a pretty easy one to justify seeing as no-one loses from their current mined coins which means technically the community gets the pre mine and not 1 person, all investors are covered and some new IPO's on a smaller scale.

Open, honest, fair, transparent coin relaunch

+1
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:26:36 PM

i think start from scratch. new coin,new name maybe, golddust. kgw after 24 hours. the block reward of 0.1 makes it rare like golddust. with the dev seemingly honest i think he has earned our trust. so we can help get this going with features that we all like to see in a coin,that way it will be sort after. make sure the source,wallet ect are all working and put the wallet out for download an hour before launch on a fast site, passworded. put up password exactly at launch
stg44

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:27:33 PM

wts 1 gdb
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 06:39:20 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 06:53:43 PM by pastet89

I feel sad I just found this coin and missed the IPO just for one day. I would have loved to have participated here because of course I am not a miner but let's see if the coin is relaunching or what is happening first.

I feel for you and I feel the same way regarding GPU coin and now I can look thing from the other side.

Tell me honestly, do you think it is fair to open a new IPO as regard to old IPO investors?

To me most fair to all seems:

- at least 24 hour pre-ann for relaunch
- at least 24 pre-ann to all IPO holders who got refunded, that it will be (if it will be) a relaunch, and if they want, to take back to the IPO, at least, if they go away they loose 10% of the BTC
- if any of them is not interested into getting back, first, offering to remaining IPO holders to take their places
- if there are still IPO places from the initial shares after remaining IPO holders buying the refunded shares, offer for rest of the guys who want to participate in the IPO

Cryptostats.es
aleandromagno
Legendary

Activity: 1323
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:56:19 PM

wallet?

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀      
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████      
████████▌    
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████    
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
tjoker

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

http://mine-coin.de

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:19:48 PM

had all the pools been working at launch who's to say the majority wouldn't have been taken out by ddos, which is what you risk again by a coin relaunch.

a soft launch like this is not necessarily a bad thing.

ypool.net was crippled at the launch of maxcoin. they ended up just dropping the coin.

just saying, let's look at the positives, we have working pools within 24 hours of launch. that's more than alot of coins can boast.

as i write this http://5.9.213.199/ pool is down. coincidence?

no, to pool is working and finding blocks.

the url is:
http://5.9.213.199/MPOS/public/

I will add a nice index page soon

brammien

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:18:13 PM

NO relaunch, just skip the IPO, you have lot of support here, and community can help develop this coin. I say NO RELAUNCH was problems with most launches, and if you stopped mining then it stinks, but that would make up for the IPO.

Diff is still very, very low, get in there and keep mining.

This coin is rare, and nobody got that huge an advantage.

TO DEVELOPER: The IPO will cause a huge amount of dumping, and I think given the coins are so small rewards this is as fair as it can be, let the coin live, refund all IPO, and ask for donations, and help from the community to make this coin.

Nobody here without the IPO got a huge advantage mining, get in there and mine now.
Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:19:30 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 08:39:49 PM by Sprite160

It looks like this coin will only make it as a relaunch. Pools are not doing well, orphans,etc. Partial support from somewhere is going to lead to forks and alot of miners are going to get "Goxed". We need to come up with a plan. I will admit, I was one of the people slamming the dev at launch, but the fact that he was honest and open leads me to believe that something can be done with this coin. Doing a fresh relaunch would be best. I am sorry, but the people that have already mined this coin and found some blocks (myself included) are just going to have to live with the fact that the effort that was spent was spent on a dead coin with a botched launch. Giving the new coins to replace those mined on the dead chain is irresponsible. It will still diminish what the miners will get from a new, fair launch. As i said earlier, getting the code to the pools to be tested, and then resetting the chain would be ideal. Forcing all pool operators to get a new wallet address and starting from scratch.

Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:24:18 PM

NO relaunch, just skip the IPO, you have lot of support here, and community can help develop this coin. I say NO RELAUNCH was problems with most launches, and if you stopped mining then it stinks, but that would make up for the IPO.

TO DEVELOPER: The IPO will cause a huge amount of dumping, and I think given the coins are so small rewards this is as fair as it can be, let the coin live, refund all IPO, and ask for donations, and help from the community to make this coin.

Nobody here without the IPO got a huge advantage mining, get in there and mine now.

FAIR RELAUNCH is the only way to get more support for this coin. Those who continued to mine after the dev pulled the plug...too bad. The rest of the community including new miners and pools should not be responsible for your continuing to mine the coin after it was dead. Sorry for your loss. If you want real support, START FROM SCRATCH...FAIR LAUNCH FOR ALL..not any advantage for those who kept going. And for those who kept going without dev support, where is the official chain? How many forks? What fork should continue? What about the miners on the wrong fork? How do you compensate them?

Think it through.

P.S. brammien, are you sure you are on the right blockchain? I notice a jump in hash after the china pool came online. Maybe they have the right chain, maybe the pool from tjoker, anybody know for sure?

robertson2013

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:31:00 PM

FAIR RELAUNCH is the only way to get more support for this coin. Those who continued to mine after the dev pulled the plug...too bad. The rest of the community including new miners and pools should not be responsible for your continuing to mine the coin after it was dead. Sorry for your loss. If you want real support, START FROM SCRATCH...FAIR LAUNCH FOR ALL..not any advantage for those who kept going. And for those who kept going without dev support, where is the official chain? How many forks? What fork should continue? What about the miners on the wrong fork? How do you compensate them?

Think it through.

Yea probably for the best
aleandromagno
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:17:05 PM

Where is link for wallwt please?

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀      
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████      
████████▌    
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████    
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Trinibits

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:17:38 PM

What ya saying then dev? Are you pulling it or not? Personally im for going on. I aint started mining this yet but will get on it if you make the call  Wink
brammien

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:47:22 PM

+1 agreed. Too late to relaunch, some just crying cause they didn't get in on first blocks. That's all. Period, end of story
aleandromagno
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:51:38 PM

it's on the first page of this thread

è questo? https://mega.co.nz/#!nF1glDKY!oyXjxkOlZr-cgqga_pnL76rcoGiYPhGX48htEttxGrY

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀      
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████      
████████▌    
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████    
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
brammien

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:17:22 PM

I think fact things are already mining here, net hash is up, and things are running smoothly, if the IPO is dropped there is little advantage anyone got with things not working right. This coin is great. I say to Developer:

Don't relaunch, take coins your were going to use for launch IPO, and pay developers and get merchants on board with this coin, use coins as payment instead of BTC that you were going to give away for IPO.

We could get a lot of community development here. This coin has launched, and can't take that back. Also, there are plenty of 0% premine coins that don't even advertise on bitcointalk, they are smaller launches on cryptotalk and still people catch on and start mining. Keep this coin, as it is, just redo the OP, with what happened and what your doing moving forward.

I'm gonna keep mining, i love this coin already.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: