Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:20:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I wanna get merits  (Read 440 times)
Fumzy (OP)

Activity: 255
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:07:07 PM

How do I get some merits? And what is the advantage of a bitcointalk community member being merited?
LoyceMobile

Activity: 1663
Merit: 687

LoyceV on the road. Or couch.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 06:09:06 PM

How do I get some merits?
Make good posts.

And what is the advantage of a bitcointalk community member being merited?
Why do you even want merit, if you don't know what it's for?

LoyceV on the road Advertise here for LN Don't deal with this account (exception)
Advertise here for LN Tip my kids Exchange LN (20 coins). 1% fee. No KYC <€50/month
My useful topics: Meritt & Trust & Moreee Art Advertise here for LN Foru[url=https://bitcointalk.org/m
biggNY

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:44:48 PM

How do I get some merits? And what is the advantage of a bitcointalk community member being merited?

I would like to elaborate a bit more on the above answer, as I believe this topic deserves a bit more detailed answer:

As per the original post from Theymos the "Merit system was introduced to improve posts quality", based on this explanation you can get Merits by being there for other users, sharing you knowledge, helping others to answer their questions and by providing quality information. I would say you should stick with answering quetions on other user’s threads. Later on when you learn more you could share your knowledge by starting your threads and offering structured information for others. 

Defitinely the biggest incentive to rank up in account level are bounties. Because the higher your membership level is, the better chance of you getting accepted for high quality bounties is. The reason being, that higher level accounts get more space in their signature (and more space for bounty promotion), but also have much higher prestige, when it comes to spreading word about project in question (via their signature).

Hope this helps and that I explained it clearly. Happy Merit hunting.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
FerrisWheel

Activity: 309
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:12:46 AM

You won't get merit because you begging for it or even making this thread.

You need a good quality content and people will give you merit without you asking for it.
Justian1993

Activity: 189

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:22:36 AM

I haven't got it either, but i try to keep making good posts just don't be too fixated on merit, just keep making constructive and informative posts.
The point is how we can contribute to the forum and merit will come by itself later.

The advantage you can go to higher rank of course, so the opportunity to join a good project is bigger.
crypt0j0e

Activity: 115

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:52:36 AM

Merits are a rare commodity here on bct so earning them will take quite a bit of effort. And from my understanding new merits are not currently being generated so another member would have to give you theirs provided that they're impressed by your posts and contributions here.

There are different ranks you can obtain that go all the way up to Legendary. Higher ranks unlock additional features for your account including posting pictures, avatars, etc. but I suggest checking out the merit thread post by theymos where you can find additional details on the requirements for each rank. I included that link below for your convenience.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

Verity the Real-Time Decentralized Oracle
Register Today! (https://alpha.verity.network/?referral=AE33164)
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:10:14 AM

How can you get some merit if your post history is full of bounty report and proof of authentication. Come on dude participate in discussions that are useful which can improve your posting strategy. Posting in megathread will not help you improve your rank as well as your mindset in creating such quality posts.

Do not be one of the people who post just to earn a cents. Start changing your post quality and help the forum maintain it's quality Smiley
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 04:26:14 AM

Start by not talking about how to get merit.

The formula is very simple. Post comments that others find valuable or interesting...they may gift you some merit. That's it.

More importantly for the rest of us, why are you so concerned with earning merit?
EverydayBtc

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:49:01 AM

Make a good post, help others & give some useful tips. The purpose of Merit is to improve posts quality. Having a high rank have its benefits with higher ranks you can get higher reward in participating in signature bounties.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 06:46:30 AM

Learn to read before posting, and learn to write English, so that you can treat the forum with respect - what is this word "wamma"?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
JapanLover

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:05:51 AM

If you want to get Merit, then you should post articles that are healthy and helpful for most people. If you can't do something like this, then you can only get it through trading!
wizardcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 210

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:30:37 PM

If you need merit you need to comment and post positive ,relevant things about the trend you are following. you can also profound solutions to questions been raise on the forum. by doing this genuine activities without spamming the forum you can earn merit by this simple act.

justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:53:49 PM

Learn to read before posting, and learn to write English, so that you can treat the forum with respect - what is this word "wamma"?

Agree, if you can't read and understand well you can't make good posts so it will not be easy for you to increase your rank.

CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 05:50:16 PM

Start by not talking about how to get merit.

The formula is very simple. Post comments that others find valuable or interesting...they may gift you some merit. That's it.

More importantly for the rest of us, why are you so concerned with earning merit?

Lol! First rule of merit: Don't talk about merit  Grin Grin Grin

But seriously, just be an active member, help others and try to make useful posts is the best way I guess.

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
IggySe7ven

Activity: 464
Merit: 29

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:52:49 PM

why i cant send merits for any one ? my sendable merit value is 0
cokroalif

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:41:21 PM

you will get a lot of profit if you have merit. and how to get merit that you have to make a good post that is useful for bitcointalk users
nthere

Activity: 229
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:53:32 PM

One of the hobbies of meritted members is like reading books.
FYI
Fumzy (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:40:14 PM

Why do you even want merit, if you don't know what it's for?

That is why I'm asking.. Of what use it is. Apart from it getting you out of jnr member rank
Fumzy (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:43:09 PM

I would like to elaborate a bit more on the above answer, as I believe this topic deserves a bit more detailed answer:

As per the original post from Theymos the "Merit system was introduced to improve posts quality", based on this explanation you can get Merits by being there for other users, sharing you knowledge, helping others to answer their questions and by providing quality information. I would say you should stick with answering quetions on other user’s threads. Later on when you learn more you could share your knowledge by starting your threads and offering structured information for others. 

Defitinely the biggest incentive to rank up in account level are bounties. Because the higher your membership level is, the better chance of you getting accepted for high quality bounties is. The reason being, that higher level accounts get more space in their signature (and more space for bounty promotion), but also have much higher prestige, when it comes to spreading word about project in question (via their signature).

Hope this helps and that I explained it clearly. Happy Merit hunting.

Yes, this piece is helpful.

PS. I'm not merit hunting, Grin just wanted to understand it
Fumzy (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:46:50 PM

How can you get some merit if your post history is full of bounty report and proof of authentication. Come on dude participate in discussions that are useful which can improve your posting strategy. Posting in megathread will not help you improve your rank as well as your mindset in creating such quality posts.

Do not be one of the people who post just to earn a cents. Start changing your post quality and help the forum maintain it's quality Smiley

Well if you check from my activity you will notice that I'm new and my main purpose for opening the account was for bounty purposes but looking into the community, I'm trying to understand it the more, hence the reason for this thread cos I see many people with the merits and I don't feel its out of place for me wanting to know what its about
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: