Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:33:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】 ✅ LETHEAN ✅ - Secure, Anon & Fast P2P-VPN-Network backed by the Blockchain  (Read 38776 times)
altfinance

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:04:08 PM

Here's the latest Youtube video coverage about  Lethean. BuriedONE Cryptomining has 38 thousand subscribers in Youtube. This is a good exposure for Lethean. Watch and enjoy the video.

IntenseCoin To Lethean [LTHN] Rebranding!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBZaJ_nFzk0

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
┊┈ VPN + BLOCKCHAIN, Absolute Internet Privacy: ┈┊
█ █  Linkedin Twitter Youtube Discord RedditFacebook Whitepaper Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
Lcardenas08

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:55:52 PM

Wow, intense coin got their shit together!!!  You guys are killing it!! One million market cap with working product!! This is a steal, only way to go now is up after a little exposure Smiley
alexius89-2

Activity: 254
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 04:19:55 PM

The simplified Chinese version of this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5051147.0

Looks I do not have enough credit to post images in the forum yet??

I guess you have to be junior member or enough merit to do so. Anyway thanks a lot for now.

▀    ★★★ BAND PROTOCOL ★★★ 
┊┈ DECENTRALIZED ORACLE FRAMEWORK FOR WEB 3.0┊┈
█ █ █  Medium Twitter Reddit Telegram Whitepaper  █ █ █  
alexius89-2

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 04:28:01 PM

Wow, intense coin got their shit together!!!  You guys are killing it!! One million market cap with working product!! This is a steal, only way to go now is up after a little exposure Smiley

We are moving into a very good direction indeed ;-)

BitHamster

Activity: 2
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:50:09 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2018, 05:16:18 PM by BitHamster
Merited by MagicSmoker (1)

This is one of the few cryptos I have faith in. I mean, Lethean actually has an use case planned, and VPN market is already huge and still growing. If the team managed to make the VPN simple and easy to use, I'd see the value of Lethean skyrocketing into TOP 100.

As a suggestion for the team: general population finds things like cryptocurrencies very confusing, but they can still be worried about their privacy. To really capture the market, you have to make a system that is as easy to use as:

1. Register an account
2. Pay with a credit card (and get Leatheans as credits that are tied into your account, kinda like an instant hot wallet. The general public is not going to go through the trouble to buy Bitcoins and exchange them for Lethean just to use your VPN services)
3. Download and install the browser extension (or other software)
4. Press a button and you are connected to VPN

If you cannot compete with other traditional VPN services in terms of simplicity, you are not going to win the fight. On the other hand, if you manage to make this super simple and start marketing your service well, you will not only become one of the big players in crypto, but one of the big players in the whole VPN market. You have advantages over traditional VPN services. Firstly, the amount of possible IP-adresses will be huge. Secondly, the open market nature of Lethean might mean cheaper VPN for consumers. And as a third advantage, because the VPN works in the blockchain it's going to be decentrilized, there is no need to trust in a single entity to keep your data private.

But, these advantages go down the drain unless you manage to make everything simple for the consumer. I think it's crucial that the service can be paid for with credit card and you get a Lethean hot wallet tied directly to your account, because like I said before, for normal consumer installing wallets and finding places to buy/exchange crypto is just too much of a hassle - especially when there are multiple easy to use VPN services already available in the market. And without the consumers, Lethean is not going to be anything but a cryptocurrency with no usage amongst thousands of others.

But anyways, I'm supporting the project. I have my whole rig mining and supporting Lethean network, even though I'm not making a profit doing so at the moment.
readonly

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 05:47:39 PM

This is one of the few cryptos I have faith in. I mean, Lethean actually has an use case planned, and VPN market is already huge and still growing. If the team managed to make the VPN simple and easy to use, I'd see the value of Lethean skyrocketing into TOP 100.

As a suggestion for the team: general population finds things like cryptocurrencies very confusing, but they can still be worried about their privacy. To really capture the market, you have to make a system that is as easy to use as:

1. Register an account
2. Pay with a credit card (and get Leatheans as credits that are tied into your account, kinda like an instant hot wallet. The general public is not going to go through the trouble to buy Bitcoins and exchange them for Lethean just to use your VPN services)
3. Download and install the browser extension (or other software)
4. Press a button and you are connected to VPN

If you cannot compete with other traditional VPN services in terms of simplicity, you are not going to win the fight. On the other hand, if you manage to make this super simple and start marketing your service well, you will not only become one of the big players in crypto, but one of the big players in the whole VPN market. You have advantages over traditional VPN services. Firstly, the amount of possible IP-adresses will be huge. Secondly, the open market nature of Lethean might mean cheaper VPN for consumers. And as a third advantage, because the VPN works in the blockchain it's going to be decentrilized, there is no need to trust in a single entity to keep your data private.

But, these advantages go down the drain unless you manage to make everything simple for the consumer. I think it's crucial that the service can be paid for with credit card and you get a Lethean hot wallet tied directly to your account, because like I said before, for normal consumer installing wallets and finding places to buy/exchange crypto is just too much of a hassle - especially when there are multiple easy to use VPN services already available in the market. And without the consumers, Lethean is not going to be anything but a cryptocurrency with no usage amongst thousands of others.

But anyways, I'm supporting the project. I have my whole rig mining and supporting Lethean network, even though I'm not making a profit doing so at the moment.

I also think it would be useful to make a quick lethean purchase through credit cards

LETHEAN (https://lethean.io/) ★ BLOCKCHAIN BACKED P2P VPN ★ VPN Whitepaper (https://lethean.io/vpn-whitepaper/)
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 06:11:19 PM

Team, do you have idea what do people expect from this service?
Is it anonymous browsing only? Why don't you create a survey
which can add some more value to this distributed service?
That way you will know better your potential users/providers.

cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 06:16:39 PM

The service vpn really does not work, I tried, withdraws money, but does not give connection.
Developers, why don't you pay for translations, you have a huge premine, where do you spend it?

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
alexius89-2

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 06:39:17 PM

The service vpn really does not work, I tried, withdraws money, but does not give connection.
Developers, why don't you pay for translations, you have a huge premine, where do you spend it?

It actually does work as it should Smiley If you have any issue feel free to let us know by joining our telegram or discord chat :-)

https://t.me/letheanVPN

https://discord.gg/KBCegNe

leonsnow
Copper Member

Activity: 138
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 02:51:18 AM

The simplified Chinese version of this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5051147.0

Looks I do not have enough credit to post images in the forum yet??

I guess you have to be junior member or enough merit to do so. Anyway thanks a lot for now.
Once a junior member, demoted to newbie because of the new forum rule.

New forum rule, no merit, so newbie now. Junior member needs one merit at least.
Just learned the new forum rule to check why I cannot post the image, since I could post the image in some older posts.
Thanks.

ronnylov

Activity: 276
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:27:27 AM

Some nodes are not working because of different reasons, mostly because Linux skills are required with this beta version and some people tries it anyway without knowing how Linux works. Also the guides how to setup the nodes needs a bit of improvement. I have written my own guide as text file which is available in Lethean discord message board. But we have a node rating system so if you choose exit nodes with high rating your chances to get a working node is higher. You can try the Lethernet nodes. I am the operator the Lethernet nodes and tries my very best to keep them working. At the moment there is only web browsing proxy mode. VPN will come later. According to roadmap 2019 Q1.

When the payment is done you have to wait around one minute for the payment to arrive to the node. You can see this in wallet when onlime timer starts to count you have got a connection. Then you must have Lethean Browser Extension installed in the browser. Currently Chrome is supported and Firefox version is coming soon. You press connect in the browser extension. Now you can confirm by visiting checkmyip.com that your location have changed.

As an experiment I have added DNS based adblocking in one of my nodes (in Amsterdam). I probably will add it in other nodes too but not all of them. It works quite good even if it not remove all ads to 100%. As example some ads are served from same address as the content (like Youtube video ads) but it  remove most of the ads. I have other nodes without this adblock so you can choose if you want it or not by selecting the node that you like most. And you can also try other node providers. I have seen a few working nodes on locations that I not provide yet. Go by the rating.

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
leonsnow
Copper Member

Activity: 138
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 08:42:45 AM

Yes, we need an easy installation for the exit node, such as docker.

cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 08:55:09 AM

Some nodes are not working because of different reasons, mostly because Linux skills are required with this beta version and some people tries it anyway without knowing how Linux works. Also the guides how to setup the nodes needs a bit of improvement. I have written my own guide as text file which is available in Lethean discord message board. But we have a node rating system so if you choose exit nodes with high rating your chances to get a working node is higher. You can try the Lethernet nodes. I am the operator the Lethernet nodes and tries my very best to keep them working. At the moment there is only web browsing proxy mode. VPN will come later. According to roadmap 2019 Q1.

When the payment is done you have to wait around one minute for the payment to arrive to the node. You can see this in wallet when onlime timer starts to count you have got a connection. Then you must have Lethean Browser Extension installed in the browser. Currently Chrome is supported and Firefox version is coming soon. You press connect in the browser extension. Now you can confirm by visiting checkmyip.com that your location have changed.

As an experiment I have added DNS based adblocking in one of my nodes (in Amsterdam). I probably will add it in other nodes too but not all of them. It works quite good even if it not remove all ads to 100%. As example some ads are served from same address as the content (like Youtube video ads) but it  remove most of the ads. I have other nodes without this adblock so you can choose if you want it or not by selecting the node that you like most. And you can also try other node providers. I have seen a few working nodes on locations that I not provide yet. Go by the rating.
In order to install the browser extension in windows, do you need linux skills?
Are you seriously?
Epicfail, facepalm...

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
Made in Chernobyl

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:19:33 AM

Are you seriously?
Epicfail, facepalm...

What he said is that some exit nodes don't work because the set up requires linux skills and there a people who haven't done this correctly. So you probably connected to one of these servers and not a working one..
big_daddy

Activity: 1666
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 07:33:35 AM

Hello

can I send ITNS to TradeOrge LTHN wallet? using the ITNS wallet

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
ronnylov

Activity: 276
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 07:42:54 AM

Are you seriously?
Epicfail, facepalm...

To install the exit node. Anybody can try installing an exit node. Currently exit nodes are on Linux only. Windows is later. GUI wallet and browser extension is on Windows also. All Components must work from user to exit node. Wallet, browser extension and exit node. So it might be a failing exit node that caused the problem. Can also be your GUI wallet or the browser extension. We are still in beta testing so there could be a bug too. But things improve quickly, soon beta3 version will be released. I Heard it should come next week.

Anyway I know it works. I used one of my nodes almost ane hour yesterday evening without any problems. And got adblock too  by this node :-)

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
Made in Chernobyl

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:16:17 AM

Hello

It depends what wallet you currently have. If you use v2.x.x and have it fully synced you can send your coins. if you use 1.4.x you can't and you have to update to the latest wallet before you can send coins.
big_daddy

Activity: 1666
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 11:18:30 AM

Hello

It depends what wallet you currently have. If you use v2.x.x and have it fully synced you can send your coins. if you use 1.4.x you can't and you have to update to the latest wallet before you can send coins.

it was successful :-) i risked 1 coin, than the whole bag
was transferred normally and now I have LTHN instead od ITNS on tradeorge exchange

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
l3pox
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1132

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 07:48:13 PM

do you have an open bounty campaign?
What are the other uses of the premine besides the bounty?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
readonly

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 08:42:00 PM
Merited by proride (1), YaStaer (1)

I found a bug with exit-node(proxy). when the server is restarted, cron launches lethean-wallet-vpn-rpc, but it dies with an error

Code:
2018-10-19 19: 26: 40.894 7f9dfdb29740 ERROR wallet.vpn.rpc src/wallet/wallet_vpn_rpc_server.cpp: 175 Failed to create file lethean-wallet-vpn-rpc.14660.login. Check permissions or remove file
2018-10-19 19: 26: 40.894 7f9dfdb29740 ERROR wallet.vpn.rpc src/wallet/wallet_vpn_rpc_server.cpp: 703 Failed to initialize wallet rpc server

why do you need it? I do not understand.
it turns out the wallet can not create a file, since it already exists and it has rights

Code:
-r-------- 1 vpnuser vpnuser 21 Oct 19 20:31 lethean-wallet-vpn-rpc.14660.login

with such rights it is impossible to create a file and we are offered to delete it in order to create a new file.
and when the wallet does not work, then itnsdispatcher dies with an error

Code:
ERROR: root: No connection to wallet. Exiting

if lethean-wallet-vpn-rpc and itnsdispatcher do not work, then when we connect to the node, we get error 503 and we cannot connect, and the coins will already go away.
I found such a way out. in cron the first line I added

Code:
@reboot unlink /home/vpnuser/lethean-wallet-vpn-rpc.14660.login

this will first remove the file lethean-wallet-vpn-rpc.14660.login, and then the wallet and itnsdispatcher will start well

perhaps for this reason we have many non-working nodes. since after a reboot, it is impossible to run lethean-wallet-vpn-rpc and itnsdispatcher

LETHEAN (https://lethean.io/) ★ BLOCKCHAIN BACKED P2P VPN ★ VPN Whitepaper (https://lethean.io/vpn-whitepaper/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: