Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:07:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】 ✅ LETHEAN ✅ - Secure, Anon & Fast P2P-VPN-Network backed by the Blockchain  (Read 38774 times)
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:40:44 PM

My pool is running on right channel.
What makes you think so? How do you know which fork is the "right channel" when even the devs haven't seemed to decide what to do with this forking madness yet? Smiley

I'm still getting over my shock at "herominers" posting something besides an ad for his pools...

leomaster

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:11:47 AM

My pool is running on right channel.
What makes you think so? How do you know which fork is the "right channel" when even the devs haven't seemed to decide what to do with this forking madness yet? Smiley

Herominers pool has no problems but LTHN network has. Why do you think blocks which found at Herominers is not real? Are you jealous?

We found them so they must be belong to our.

wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:19:13 AM

Herominers pool has no problems but LTHN network has. Why do you think blocks which found at Herominers is not real?
Because they have nothing to do with the LTHN network. Herominers pool forked to their own blockchain and mined on that chain alone for hours. Still mining apparently. Smiley

Of course, they're 100% yours, do with them as you please, no one's taking them away from you. I wouldn't expect any exchange to accept them from you though. Sad

leomaster

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:50:41 AM

Herominers pool has no problems but LTHN network has. Why do you think blocks which found at Herominers is not real?
Because they have nothing to do with the LTHN network. Herominers pool forked to their own blockchain and mined on that chain alone for hours. Still mining apparently. Smiley

Of course, they're 100% yours, do with them as you please, no one's taking them away from you. I wouldn't expect any exchange to accept them from you though. Sad

Dev has a plan for forking to V8 but It will be done in the future, not yesterday. Do you understand what they said? Network was attack, not was forking cause error.
MagicSmoker

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:20:56 PM

While it isn't official, yet, the pool at lethean.west-pool.org:6666 is operating on the correct chain and accepting CNv8 hashes. I am using xmr-stak 2.5.1 (but with some stability issues, as well as noticeably higher power consumption against lower hashrate) but whatever miner you like that does CNv8 should work.

toogoody

Activity: 588
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

List of Lethean mining pools with live stats & hashrate distribution

https://miningpoolstats.stream/lethean

See what pools are on correct chain !
etsRX

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:27:01 PM

Hi,

I updated the wallet but coins are not showing up, any help please !??
MagicSmoker

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:34:52 PM
Merited by wacko (1)

For those having issues with the new wallet (v3.0.0.b3) you'll likely need to do the following:

1. Remove blocks from the db until height is below 296482 using this command: lethean-blockchain-import --pop-blocks <number> where <number> is the number of blocks to remove. For example, my db was synced up to around 302000 so I needed to remove >5518 blocks; I entered 6000 just to make sure.

2. Run the lethean daemon with two exclusive nodes specified: letheand --add-exclusive-node 195.201.202.36 --add-exclusive-node 85.86.97.63 Not doing this will result in the daemon trying to add back all those blocks you just removed.

3. Copy the .wallet and .wallet.keys files from your old intensecoin wallet directory into the new lethean wallet directory and run the wallet client (i.e. - lethean-wallet-cli) entering the full name of the wallet you copied over (e.g. - lthn.wallet) then enter the command: rescan_bc to eject any coins received after block 296482 (those are worthless/invalid).

The last command will take awhile to finish and the daemon needs to be running the entire time.

dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:33:35 PM

So what about the pools? it seems like hashvault and cryptoknight have both a lot of comp power, but they are on completely different chains. What do the devs consider the "correct" chain?
MagicSmoker

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:48:28 PM

So what about the pools? it seems like hashvault and cryptoknight have both a lot of comp power, but they are on completely different chains. What do the devs consider the "correct" chain?

You can check which pools are on what block here: blockharbor.net pool health.

However, payments have been paused while the devs look into a possible 51% attack which appears to have been launched by the cryptoknight.cc pool operators.

bertolai

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:54:27 PM

Really.
when the answer is already given - which of the chains is correct?
MagicSmoker

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:08:13 PM

Really.
when the answer is already given - which of the chains is correct?

What, do I need to click on the link I just gave and read back the results to you?  Huh

dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:49:02 PM

You can check which pools are on what block here: blockharbor.net pool health.

However, payments have been paused while the devs look into a possible 51% attack which appears to have been launched by the cryptoknight.cc pool operators.

Thanks for clearing that up. So it seems like there's a lot of guys mining in vain right now (including me up to a couple of hours ago^^).
MagicSmoker

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:15:36 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. So it seems like there's a lot of guys mining in vain right now (including me up to a couple of hours ago^^).

Yes, mining right now might be a waste of electricity, especially on that shady cryptoknight.cc pool.

I'm still chugging along on lethean.west-pool.org and my total due is increasing, even if no payouts have been made in the last 8 hours or so.

RinceWind84

Activity: 263
Merit: 12

HODL! If it isn't a grudge...

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:44:47 PM

also supporting west-pool as much as I can. Though it isn't entirely certain what is happening right now.

cryptoknight.cc is a total blacklist in my book. never again.
MagicSmoker

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:23:23 PM

Looks like everything is back on track. I prefer US-located pools since that's where I am and normally I mine on the official pool just in case the 1% fee goes back into development or paying the devs, but during all the 51% attack shenanigans I switched to west-pool because they got back online first (an it's run by one of the LTHN devs, too). However, it's located in the EU and the ping time wasn't the best so today I decided to try out lethean.blockharbor.net and I really like the UI on it. Pricing data on the home page, and PPLNS share tally and depth on the dashboard page are especially nice touches. Pretty much the nicest CN pool I've come across so far.

Just stay away from those cryptoknight.cc scumbags.
Made in Chernobyl

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:59:50 PM

https://medium.com/@letheanVPN/hard-fork-cryptonight-variant-2-implemented-453289ed5e5c

The purpose of this post is to detail the blockchain attacks and the chain split that occurred over the past six days.
alexius89-2

Activity: 254
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 05:12:57 AM

https://medium.com/@letheanVPN/hard-fork-cryptonight-variant-2-implemented-453289ed5e5c

The purpose of this post is to detail the blockchain attacks and the chain split that occurred over the past six days.

Correct. We would ask everyone to read the update as soon as possible. Recommended pools to use have been mentioned as well :-)
If you are a pool owner and your pool isn't listed then please drop us a message.

Apart from that, the community can expect some very cool news soon ;-) stay tuned!

▀    ★★★ BAND PROTOCOL ★★★ 
┊┈ DECENTRALIZED ORACLE FRAMEWORK FOR WEB 3.0┊┈
█ █ █  Medium Twitter Reddit Telegram Whitepaper  █ █ █  
Kraddler

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:51:03 PM

Looks like everything is back on track. I prefer US-located pools since that's where I am and normally I mine on the official pool just in case the 1% fee goes back into development or paying the devs, but during all the 51% attack shenanigans I switched to west-pool because they got back online first (an it's run by one of the LTHN devs, too). However, it's located in the EU and the ping time wasn't the best so today I decided to try out lethean.blockharbor.net and I really like the UI on it. Pricing data on the home page, and PPLNS share tally and depth on the dashboard page are especially nice touches. Pretty much the nicest CN pool I've come across so far.

Just stay away from those cryptoknight.cc scumbags.

Hi,

whats wrong with cryptoknight.cc?

░▒▓█ / /  /x42/ /  /   WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE! █▓▒░
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 09:56:35 PM

Correct. We would ask everyone to read the update as soon as possible. Recommended pools to use have been mentioned as well :-)
If you are a pool owner and your pool isn't listed then please drop us a message.

Apart from that, the community can expect some very cool news soon ;-) stay tuned!

Thanks for the detailed information. I'm really sorry to hear that it was that easy to bring a whole network down. Too bad that it took several days for everything to go back to normal. This goves me some important information:

1. The team is trustworthy and cares about the coin.
2. They are quick when things are critical, but not that quick after that.
3. If Lethean is a target for someone, than it must be worth it.
4. The network needs more peers. When a simple node instalation guide is available,
many new nodes will help avoiding such attacks.
5. Regular code updates will be needed from now on.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: