Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:02:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】 ✅ LETHEAN ✅ - Secure, Anon & Fast P2P-VPN-Network backed by the Blockchain  (Read 38769 times)
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 08:41:10 AM

If it reaches new highs of 1 dollar, that would be 4000 dollars.

If your granny was male, you wouldn't even exist Cheesy

You are obviously drifting off my point. Which is: the bounty is cheap.
Not a year ago, not in ten years, but now.

Here is my observation on the project so far for the last year:

Nice vision with clear goal. All the user/investor mass is latent.
THe reason for this is the lack of enthusiasm and passion from devs.
Devs are progressing very very slowly. They are either lazy
or they do it just for fun, they don't have the proper skills or most probably:
they do this part time, after they have a minute left after a hard work day
after the wife and kids leave them alone for a minute.

I can understand that. It is normal. However, it is not enough to get the project to a working state.
The changes in the crypto world and networking world happen faster then the Lethean project.
Before it was Intense, now it is Lethargic.

If development continues with the same pace, either China, Russia, Turkey, etc.
will no longer need affordable dVPN, or there will be hundreds of other providers
of such service and it will be too late for Lthn to be the pioneer it is now.

I red in the non-English Discords that people want to get into the project, build a node,
but exit node works differently every time on different computers/distros.
They install, transfer lthn back and forth, build scripts, setup, get frustrated,
ask for help, help arrives late or solution is way more complex then average user can
fix and then they just give up and wait for better times.

I hope you will take this as a constructive critique, as I still believe in this project.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
truegaloisfans

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 04:05:28 PM

If it reaches new highs of 1 dollar, that would be 4000 dollars.

If your granny was male, you wouldn't even exist Cheesy

You are obviously drifting off my point. Which is: the bounty is cheap.
Not a year ago, not in ten years, but now.

Here is my observation on the project so far for the last year:

Nice vision with clear goal. All the user/investor mass is latent.
THe reason for this is the lack of enthusiasm and passion from devs.
Devs are progressing very very slowly. They are either lazy
or they do it just for fun, they don't have the proper skills or most probably:
they do this part time, after they have a minute left after a hard work day
after the wife and kids leave them alone for a minute.

I can understand that. It is normal. However, it is not enough to get the project to a working state.
The changes in the crypto world and networking world happen faster then the Lethean project.
Before it was Intense, now it is Lethargic.

If development continues with the same pace, either China, Russia, Turkey, etc.
will no longer need affordable dVPN, or there will be hundreds of other providers
of such service and it will be too late for Lthn to be the pioneer it is now.

I red in the non-English Discords that people want to get into the project, build a node,
but exit node works differently every time on different computers/distros.
They install, transfer lthn back and forth, build scripts, setup, get frustrated,
ask for help, help arrives late or solution is way more complex then average user can
fix and then they just give up and wait for better times.

I hope you will take this as a constructive critique, as I still believe in this project.

You are right. As far as I am concerned, most Chinese users are quitting. I believe the team really wants to do something, but maybe this project is just too hard for them.
denish

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 04:59:28 PM

Guys, they just delivered the full VPN! Devs need time ;-)
altfinance

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 03:47:58 AM

The Lethean Devs have launched a working decentralized VPN product. Even ahead of similar projects that did an ICO. How's that for commitment and fast development? Smiley

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
┊┈ VPN + BLOCKCHAIN, Absolute Internet Privacy: ┈┊
█ █  Linkedin Twitter Youtube Discord RedditFacebook Whitepaper Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
longestday3030

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 04:50:52 AM

I slept with the bears. It's good to be back. Nice to see development of Lethean has progressed. I tested the dVPN product and it is usable. However, I would like to see an easier to use interface. Much can be improved upon. A mobile VPN version is also a must nowadays. There are now more mobile users than desktop users. I hope the devs make those a priority.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ★★★ LETHEAN  ★★★    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┊┈  VPN + BLOCKCHAIN, Absolute Internet Privacy ┈┊
█ █   LinkedinTwitterYoutubeDiscordRedditFacebook  ◉  Whitepaper  ◉ Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
denish

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 06:04:57 AM

I slept with the bears. It's good to be back. Nice to see development of Lethean has progressed. I tested the dVPN product and it is usable. However, I would like to see an easier to use interface. Much can be improved upon. A mobile VPN version is also a must nowadays. There are now more mobile users than desktop users. I hope the devs make those a priority.

Indeed, they know it's very important and they recently said they will prioritize the mobile VPN ;-)

They can be proud of what they already did, I understand the impatience of a part of the community but I think they do a very good job! And they respect the roadmap, nothing to blame... Smiley
alexius89-2

Activity: 254
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2019, 12:27:27 PM

Good to have you back! Both, the UX for the desktop version of the VPN/Wallet as well as the development of a mobile VPN are priorities. We will have an update ready to be published within the next 12 hours. Stay tuned :-)

▀    ★★★ BAND PROTOCOL ★★★ 
┊┈ DECENTRALIZED ORACLE FRAMEWORK FOR WEB 3.0┊┈
█ █ █  Medium Twitter Reddit Telegram Whitepaper  █ █ █  
Oren4000

Activity: 115

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 03:08:29 AM

The Lethean Devs have launched a working decentralized VPN product. Even ahead of similar projects that did an ICO. How's that for commitment and fast development? Smiley

I know Lethean has a browser VPN as far back as last year. Are there any new release we should be aware of? I can only see the browser VPN in the download section of the website.

┊┈  VPN + BLOCKCHAIN, Absolute Internet Privacy:  ┈┊
█ █   LinkedinTwitterYoutubeDiscordRedditFacebook  ◉  Whitepaper  ◉ Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
denish

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 04:26:31 AM

I know Lethean has a browser VPN as far back as last year. Are there any new release we should be aware of? I can only see the browser VPN in the download section of the website.

The current GUI wallet contains a full VPN (so, not more than just your browser with the extension) ;-) (and now they work on the mobile part: https://link.medium.com/Fjzz9nfyIW)
alexius89-2

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 08:25:55 AM

The current GUI wallet contains a full VPN (so, not more than just your browser with the extension) ;-) (and now they work on the mobile part: https://link.medium.com/Fjzz9nfyIW)
thanks for sharing the link, here it comes again from official side.

❇️ Lethean Sentiment & Goals
         ❇️ Cross-Platform VPN Development
                                      ❇️ Initial success of the gleam social marketing campaign

big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 08:34:35 AM

the mobile app is still in development or I simply cannot find the link where to download and test it?

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
altfinance

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 08:50:43 AM

The Lethean Devs have already released a full VPN client. This is different from the browser VPN. It's still in alpha stage but already usable. I already tested it and it worked great. You'll mileage may vary. For now, it's only for Windows 10. Unfortunately, you'll not find this in the Lethean website. You can find the links to the software and the instructions in their Medium update.

The First Non-Testnet, Blockchain-Backed VPN
Mar 30
https://medium.com/letheanvpn/the-first-non-testnet-blockchain-backed-vpn-eebdd70fc489

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
█ █  Linkedin Twitter Youtube Discord RedditFacebook Whitepaper Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
altfinance

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 02:38:27 AM

the mobile app is still in development or I simply cannot find the link where to download and test it?

In their last Lethean Medium update, they mentioned prioritizing the mobile app development. I don't think there is already a downloadable version to test it.

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
alexius89-2

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2019, 06:57:01 AM

https://medium.com/letheanvpn/development-updates-3ba2e9185856

From our update on medium:

Over the last few weeks, the development team has been working on setting the stage for contracted workers to create a more friendly GUI for all operating systems, as well as a mobile VPN. We were aware that our project had a higher entry barrier for new users or users that had become accustomed to the larger VPN services of our competitors. Our goal has been and continues to be, large scale adoption. With that in mind, we needed to shift our focus and create a better experience for the end user. With these changes, we will be asking our community and new users to provide us with feedback along the way so we can create the best product possible.

We are in the beginning stages of hiring outside developers to assist us with the creation of the new desktop GUI and the mobile VPN. In the above image, you can see an early concept of the mobile VPN client. Once we have selected the ideal candidates, we anticipate the completion of a testable product in four to six weeks. This will ensure that we are in line with our goal of having a mobile VPN in the third quarter of 2019. As work begins on the mobile VPN and the new desktop GUI, we will update our community with the progress.

As a final note, the mobile VPN and the updated GUI will not be the only changes that will be made in the future. Our June first update will provide you with a comprehensive list of changes that will be coming soon. We would have shared them with you during this update. However, we wanted additional time to ensure that these changes will be implemented in the way that we are currently envisioning them.

I hope that clarifies a few points. So we will have a mobile version soon! Stay tuned :-)

Oren4000

Activity: 115

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 05:21:59 AM

@denish, @alexius89-2, @altfinance,

Thank you for the updates. I'm glad to see development did not stop and is going strong. I'll test the full VPN client and check out the mobile version when it is released.

Guguss

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 09:38:03 AM

I ve tested the brother extention in the begginig of the year. It was unstable and i was disapointed

But recently i tested the full VPN with the last update on the beginig of April and i have to say that beside the UX is not very friendly for non initiated peple, its work like a charm ! I was able to surf and view some blocked things in my counrty without any restriction !

At the current price, and the fact that u jst pay per use, its the cheaper and the most efficiency VPN i v seen. (My bandwith was about 85/100 M)
rapidtech

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 06:59:02 AM

I ve tested the brother extention in the begginig of the year. It was unstable and i was disapointed

But recently i tested the full VPN with the last update on the beginig of April and i have to say that beside the UX is not very friendly for non initiated peple, its work like a charm ! I was able to surf and view some blocked things in my counrty without any restriction !

At the current price, and the fact that u jst pay per use, its the cheaper and the most efficiency VPN i v seen. (My bandwith was about 85/100 M)

That's also what I noticed, the user interface needs an overhaul to make it easy to use for ordinary people who are accustomed to one click VPN connection. I just read the latest news updates the devs posted in Medium. There's a lot coming soon. I think this project is undervalued by the market. Smiley

Guguss

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:16:07 AM

That's also what I noticed, the user interface needs an overhaul to make it easy to use for ordinary people who are accustomed to one click VPN connection. I just read the latest news updates the devs posted in Medium. There's a lot coming soon. I think this project is undervalued by the market. Smiley

Yeah they planned to improve the UX experiment in the next weeks, and also planned to push out a mobile version in the next 6/8 weeks. I totaly agree, its probalby the most undervalued coin. If i could, i would to fill a huge bag at this current price.
Wait and See... Smiley
rapidtech

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 11:14:57 AM

Yeah they planned to improve the UX experiment in the next weeks, and also planned to push out a mobile version in the next 6/8 weeks. I totaly agree, its probalby the most undervalued coin. If i could, i would to fill a huge bag at this current price.
Wait and See... Smiley

For me, it's a no brainer.  A $100 investment or less will not break the bank. It is even feasible to invest as little as $50 or $20. Just keep the Lethean coins and wait for the crypto bull market to be in full swing or even wait for the next market peak. All altcoins will rise. As they say in the stock market, a rising tide lifts all boats  in a bull market. If we play the long game, we can get a decent profit in crypto from projects with real working products like Lethean.

yakavetta

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 03:12:15 PM

Wait and See... Smiley

For me, it's a no brainer.  A $100 investment or less will not break the bank. It is even feasible to invest as little as $50 or $20. Just keep the Lethean coins and wait for the crypto bull market to be in full swing or even wait for the next market peak. All altcoins will rise. As they say in the stock market, a rising tide lifts all boats  in a bull market. If we play the long game, we can get a decent profit in crypto from projects with real working products like Lethean.

I would love to see them bringing a  way better product. Something could actually have a real future. Even if I don't like the attitude of talking about profits, I fear that the devs will run out of runway to early if something doesnt happen real soon. Developement could grow much more rapid with a decent budget :/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: