Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:26:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: new stuff from my wrkshp coming & chance 4 custom wrk from Borgsteamfactory. :)  (Read 4392 times)
morphtrust (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:24:15 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 11:17:38 AM by morphtrust

Hello, this is my first post about selling for crypto currencies so I will update this post as needed to correct it for any mistakes I may be making in protocol for doing this here, Please let me know if there is anything I need to do to make sure it is correct here.

so as seen on the last post I have posted pics of what I am doing to make an open air mining case, spots for 3 powersupplies motherboard hard drive (possibly a spot for an optical drive under this, will see, though, and up to I believe 7 video card spots on hanging rails that give better support than anything that has been put out that I have seen so far. more pics to come.

ok, so the items I am offering starting right now with this:(these have been sold, and shipped, more to come, have some brass with surgical grade stainless hardware coming shortly and eventually the second and last pair of titanium goggles will be placed here as well, in the mean time I am still open to custom orders and working on developing the most efficient and effective open air case as well. (first one of those has been shipped to my friend who is now giving me feed back on what to change that I might have missed, and I also should soon have some hardware to get more nitty gritty into engineering a specific arrangement to give the maximum protection in all ways to the hardware going into it, not just to protect it from heat.  I have been seeing little by little people are becoming aware that the open air case designs on ebay and else where are not quite up to snuff but it seems most do not have any experience in engineering, so hopefully I can up the ante on that Smiley

a pair of titanium rimmed and bodied goggles with mirror brass tint lenses (I can change those out for silver mirror, transparent colors like: red, blue, yellow, grey(black), green, orange or just clear with no color tint,

***this info is still valid on upcoming goggles that will be available here, as is the colors of material I can make lenses from :red, blue, yellow, grey(black), green, orange or just clear with no color tint.

lens are made from either acrylic or lexan and are about 3mm thick (1/8th inch for those of us still on the imperial standard) so they are way way way thicker than the lenses you get on any pair of safety glasses, though due to the vents on the sides and how they are handled I can not guarantee safety with them, that is up to you and how you use them Smiley
  they have brass hardware for lubricity on moving points like the temples, and can be folded up neatly for storage, edges of the side shields (the part with the F hole like a violin body has, shaped like a landau bars on a hearse) are protected by rolled brass around them to make a comfortable and safe contact point on the face should they be pressed down on you from something hitting them while say wearing them on your motorcycle. and the nose pads are massive rounded comfortable steel pads that can be (at request) covered in soft leather or soft clear silicone as thick or thin as you like,

additionally each part is held together using screws (4-40 and 2-56) so any part can be replaced should they become damaged. and I will support this indefinitely (been in business for many years and been making these goggles for about 5 years now) so you can order anything from a lens, to a set of screws or nose bridge at any time to replace a part on them, or even order parts and assemble a pair from scratch even.

I can make goggles like this from (*and have been known to) aluminum, stainless, brass and copper as well as titanium.
and can use silver or gold if that is your gig Smiley eventually I hope to obtain a good source for niobium and other rare very durable metals, and have a way to anodize color onto the titanium if you desire, though there would be an extra charge for this, mostly for the time, so if you just want basic color over it all, not to bad on cost, but if you want me to use a paint brush and varied voltages to paint a pattern on them, which I can do, then it might be more depending on how long it took me to get it right Smiley

I will add some art to show my level of eye hand co-ordination too, so you know what you can expect.

I will add more stuff as time goes on. each item I make is hand made and assembled and all processes are often made by tooling I made my self so if you need custom tooling for leather or metal work feel free to shoot me a message here or on skype say at the user name architct

for payment I would be looking at about 200 dollars for these plus shipping. in btc I would want to get with you and do the transaction fairly quickly for any portion I need to restock so I can get the cash value with out having to over charge you incase of fluctuation in value. I am hoping to be able to start holding any money in btc or alt coins I am collecting that I do not need to operate my business so if you know of anyone selling raw resources that would deal in btc or alt coins, feel free to message me there on that too Smiley

so with that all in mind, what I am proposing is that I take either cashable coin or paypal for things like shipping and supplies (in the case of the above goggles I would want say around 5 dollars of it for screws as I will need to reup on those the most quickly, while other materials I can wait a month or more to reup on, and what ever it costs in shipping in one of those two ways, though paypal is the easiest to get a priority label to your destination quickly and mail something in hours to a day at most, as long as you did not contact me late on the end of the week lol then it would be monday morning first thing to ship to you. Smiley

I have an ebay account if you want to converse that way and see my feedback rating with customers. and if you see something over there you want to do a transaction using coins you can contact me here to make arrangements Smiley

ok so some art work I have done in the past and still have incase anyone is actually interested in obtaining that as well Smiley

also if you are still with me, some goggles I have made in the past that I can possibly make a few more of, (materials with the engraving is running low and no source to restock in site) the silver ones are a very heavy plated silver (like it was dipped or something) over brass, and the brass ones are just the same engraving stripped of the silver to reveal the brass under neath. the yellow mirror tinted lenses are the same as the ones on the titanium so you can see the color difference a lot easier here Smiley

*the last couple images should put a face to who is behind making all this stuff as that is me being silly with them for the photo shoots, (and no I dont have the means to work with real models, so like everything else I do the work myself Smiley )

on coin payments. I can take noble, btc, megacoin, as well as paypal. I will be expanding what coins I can take too, as time goes on, and may have forgotten some coins I am currently collecting.

I know nothing about the escrow services so far but if I did use one, I would add the cost of that to them, and require release of funds to ship before shipping, but they can hold onto the rest till your tracking number shows up and you let them know things are good Smiley

user names
eBay: facesmiths
yahooIM: morphtrust
gmail chat: morphtrust
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/morphtrust

need any other contact info feel free to drop me a line here

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:49:09 PM

Looks amazing! How much would you ask for such a piece?
morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:51:37 PM

You have Talent no doubt.  Love those Evil Scientist pics lol
thanks Smiley Good thing I did not show any pics of me in my leather top hat Wink

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:54:27 PM

Looks amazing! How much would you ask for such a piece?

not sure what you are asking. the goggles made of titanium are 200 USD so what ever the going coin value is at the time, which right now would be pretty low, but I expect in a week or two the price is going to rise significantly for all coins on a market, as people come out of the blues brought on by the emotional and economic high they just came off of from the holidays. that and the infusion of fresh money in the form of tax refunds in the US Smiley

if you are referring to the other art work in the first post, quote and include the code for the piece so I know what you are interested in Smiley

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 03:06:31 PM

I have made rosaries like you see in the movie boondock saints but the iron cross is just a concho design I picked cause the other stuff was to western where I got it to make my collar with. One of these days I will replace it with something custom I am sure, just not today lol

as for other metal work I am working on a custom open air mining case, that I am making custom brackets and rails and what not, for. I have a bender I can make angle bends in any degree up to about 100 degrees (slightly tighter than 90) and all the way down to 1 degree(no point in putting a sheet into it for 180 since that is flat lol) as well as some tools for custom shift bends (where the metal has to be 180º but change level like a mm or two to go over another metal section) but nothing more than hand tools for this so they are still a little rough and hand worked looking, you can see the pics of the work so far here if you like

(yes I am lifting the whole case from the power cables coming from that power supply since it is bolted to the angle in the corner there Smiley )

and the bracket design I was talking about with the lift bend to allow it going from one angle level to the next Smiley

Understand this is a rough case as it is just being built to get the measurements down to make templates for hole positioning and what not so they line up to allow threading of one metal part to bolt them together with out having to use a ton of nuts, but the screws in it are still long enough to add a nut and washer behind them.

I am considering making small washers from titanium too for things like retaining screws that hold parts together in computer cases, if anyone is interested,

Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:08:34 PM

awesome and morbid I really like the girl with the worm friend. Cheesy

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 03:18:53 PM

awesome and morbid I really like the girl with the worm friend. Cheesy

lol thanks, that was done about 15 years ago when I was going through an HR Giger phase Smiley

and incidentally that was the very first face I did that was straight on and the nose actually looked ok instead of being rubbish shading that just did not work Smiley additionally that is a photo copy that I cleaned up with photoshop after scanning it because the guy who bought the original could not find where he lost it to when he moved houses. sad that I let the original graphite on paper go for like 15 bucks back then to pay for something probably music equipment oriented back then, I would love to buy back all the stuff I sold at prices like that now, to just hang onto lol.

the red and green paintings are watercolor on paper stock and I actually still have them even with the mice trying to eat them about 9 or 10 years ago lol. thought about making art cards from scans of them if anyone is interested in a cheap way to collect some art. Smiley limited runs? with real signatures on the backs and some info on each items creation? what do you guys think?

RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 04:25:46 PM

You're seriously making me wish i was i to steampunk stuff, it looks sweet. Good job.
morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 05:02:22 PM

lol you dont have to be in to steam punk to get a good use out of a good pair of goggles Smiley also these titanium ones would work for diesel punk and atomic punk (that retro 50's look that blends with diesel punk lol)

I guess I should ask, what sort of things and genre's of stuff would you guys be interested in?

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 08:21:58 PM

video coming tonight. also if any one wants to use paypal to hang onto their bitcoins till the price goes up this month, feel free Smiley (I will probably be taking any cash I can and dump it into getting bitcoins or megacoins before this lull ends and the market recovers from the typical yearly febuary crash that happens every year once tax refunds start replenishing peoples funds from all the holiday spending lol.)

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 03:28:25 AM

finished shots of the goggles including how they fold up for storage Smiley

Fully folded up here

video is still coming. waiting on it to be processed by youtube, running a new machine that I have not installed my normal processing software to compress for uploading and whatnot so it was a pretty big file I sent to them lol

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 04:00:54 AM

as promised Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2SZP0tFlic

does anyone know how to embed video here from youtube?

Coins4life

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:35:33 AM

Love your work man! Good luck with sales!
morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 05:10:26 AM

thank you Smiley

ProgLord

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 05:25:15 AM

Very nice work indeed.

Now we need a SteamPunk coin Wink
morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 09:57:32 AM

ha I looked and it seems there isn't one, and steamcoin.com was held by the video game site that sells videogames for buying their games using bitcoin. though nothing is on the site now, and I think the URL was abandoneds ha ha.

though I would suggest 0% premine, and the new adaptive-N-factor for the basis since steampunks tend to go overboard on quality and give each other a mountain of hard time if the item is not exquisite and made from the best materials, (just look up "just glue some gears on it and call it steam punk" on youtube) lol or head over to the brassgoggles forums on the www.brassgoggles.co.uk site and ask around for a guy named jinglejoe and ask him what he thinks about painted plastic, on anything ha ha.

**that youtube video, for those who did not want to search but wanted to listen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCuE5rHbPA

the guy who released a Teslacoin using the scrypt-jane and premining it is lucky he has not met all the stern faces from the steam community on launch or he might not have made it to launch at all cause they can indeed drive a dividing force bringing things down lol

ha ha that also reminds me. someone should one up that coin called "shitcoin" doing one far worse and call it the Edisoncoin as I am sure a ton of Tesla worshipers would be all over that, since they love anything that smears Thomas Edisons name XD

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:42:09 AM

I made a separate thread for the brackets I made for my custom mining rig there, since it seems most people selling them neglect to include anything for this, and their rigs look like they would be a bit wobbly especially once you start stacking 4 or more of them up against the wall lol. you can see it over here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493906.0

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 12:43:26 AM

what does everyone here think about leather masks? Let me know if there is anything in particular in a mask you would look for.

stuff ranging from this:

to this:

or this for one of my more unusual masks,

you can see more various masks I have made in the past by using this link *yes I know, it's facebook*
I made the folder public to ensure anyone even people with out an account can view pics there Smiley

https://www.facebook.com/the.architect1968/media_set?set=a.1930129971744.2102733.1197070153&type=3

RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 02:06:59 AM

Wow, the second and third ones are some very impressive masks. How do you even make those sorts of things?
morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 02:47:16 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 02:59:07 AM by morphtrust

lol lots of practice and sacrificing my life to the skill gods Wink

incidentally to keep from constantly posting I will update this post in a few minutes with more case progress pics, and ask now,

Does anyone have a dead am3+ motherboard that would be good for mining rigs (if it was not dead) that they would be willing to part with for shipping so I can get accurate measurements to do hole placements on the cases I am working on? as it stands I am shipping the one in the picture (when done) with out those holes and he is going to have to drill them himself as well as tap them, (should be easy to tap with the motherboard offset units I am sending but still would be nice to be able to just do this in advance. and I have to get one before I could even consider doing this to sell them to anyone interested since most people would not have the skills to do the drilling/tapping thing *or time if they have the skills and tools* or else they would just be building their own cases lol.

let me know if anyone is able to help me out. I can paypal the cash or I could trade you something in exchange for the motherboard mounting info, (if you are interested in a case and want a discount I would do that too, to cover costs for shipping me a board broken or not *and if not, then cover shipping back to you with your case Wink

any help out there? beuler?

***ok here are the pics I promised Smiley

the mounting rail is made of some incredibly hard architectural aluminum alloy mostly by hand and with a custom tool I made for making goggle rims lol so it is a bit rough, if I get into this more seriously I will definitely look into building an endless angle bending device similar to it, *the custom tool, just puts a ridge pushed in from one side, extruded out the other side while keeping the rest of the sheet flat to add rigidity to the sheet and allows for custom radius bends to make tubes with a ridge sticking out of them again to add that rigid aspect. Smiley

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 05:41:06 AM

ok had it pointed out to me that some PS's have a fan on top of them so I am going to put another set of holes to mount the top PS up as far as it can go to leave a couple inches between the bottom of the top supply and the top of the bottom supply to allow for air flow. will post pics shortly. but basically the power supplies will be able to be mounted in either orientation to allow for adding say an optical drive over top the second supply if you have supplies that only have fans and vents on the front and back of them, Smiley any thoughts about making a power supply add on for the sides? or just make the whole thing longer? deeper? what do you guys prefer?

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 06:44:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4NHOk6z24I

youtube video of a pair of custom dual layer lenses that produce that lighting effect off them, that the eyeware that Doctor Octavius from spiderman was wearing, (or those who know who he is, doctor steel) lol

this pair though the secondary reflection of lights is a solid red image instead of being what ever color the light is, so you have two reflections running opposite directions from each other, one natural colored and the other deep ruby red. and yes the lenses were very deep red to look through, as will be any new ones I make for anyone Smiley

for any other videos I have up you can browse my channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/morphtrust

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:34:16 AM

The goggles look very steampunk-like Smiley
morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 08:49:09 AM

The goggles look very steampunk-like Smiley

is that a bad thing? lol

on the case work I am doing, here is an update and obviously another option I can do for a custom spacing on an open air case you already bought from someone else and want to make it a bit more accommodating for your specific needs

----------------
new holes punched and modifications to the rail for the power supply support, so either position can be used now, allowing for separating two supplies that have fans on top of them for air flow to reach the top of the powersupply on the bottom Smiley (and a shot of what that rail started life like earlier last night lol)

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 12:08:14 PM

hard drive mounting brackets for a single standard hard drive (3.5 not the laptop standard 2.5 units lol)

by the way no idea what these little bits are worth, so if you have an idea, feel free to shoot me a message or something..

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 11:24:11 AM

going to let ebay set the price I guess on some of this stuff. Anyone wanting any metal parts or the goggles message me before they get bids, other wise this thread will be my sort of, non-computer store, so as not to clutter, since I make all sorts of stuff that I sell Smiley

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 02:01:22 AM

any one know how I can get this made into my avatar?

also I have spare time (though not much) and as you see some measure of skills, Got ideas? talk to me. I also have a CNC mill I guess I can show off even if it is a bit crude looking. it is incredibly accurate and I can mill just about anything that can be milled from wax to steel Smiley

(this was where I was hiding it from the neighbors upstairs so they could not hear it running lol and yes that is a kingsized mattress sitting 4 and a half feet up off the floor making a short work area below it Smiley )

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 12:58:20 AM

something else I neglected to post here, did not realize it was missing from my website Smiley

can make them shorter too, and to hold smaller tools for work if anyone wants a pair or a single one to hold specific tools while you are working Smiley

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 04:17:12 AM

bump

E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:00:50 AM

Need a bit more description about the black and golden box right there on the top  with the price plus I would also like to know your location so I can count the shipping involved !! thanks

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:58:14 AM

Need a bit more description about the black and golden box right there on the top  with the price plus I would also like to know your location so I can count the shipping involved !! thanks

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

ha, that is from many moons ago. made of MDF and dyed black, the gold foil was actual metal printed material from an Alps MD-5000, which sadly you can not get anymore. I can cut that by hand from gold mylar though, if you are serious about getting one. Just let me know. location is in CONUS for shipping (depending on size priority mail would be the route to go there if you are also in the USA. The work you are looking at was a joint venture with myself and a guy who is no longer with us.

Anyone else wondering what he is talking about. it is a transformation chamber from the second movie "Hellraiser II: hellbound" and can be seen here

this was the only decent pic I could find on google unfortunately

The price on making one would be determined by what you wanted it made from and all, but I dont have the one in that pic anymore. and I have to dig around a lot to find the files for it lol.

vleroybrown

Activity: 1145
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:53:34 PM

badassery
morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 03:12:28 PM

ok goggles originally listed here are sold, but I have lots more stuff to sell so changing the title

xb0x

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

Better don't say if you don't know!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:02:31 PM

These are really cool & damn cool arts. Seriously man, hats off!
Lyomon86

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:19:53 PM

delightful glasses and magnificent look in general. I'm really impressed!
morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 10:22:54 AM

thanks, finished the case (sorta, he is giving feed back to improve for the second one I am sending, once I have actual verified measurements for atx hole placement I will make those available with a couple tricks up my sleeve to make them more useful and safe than the cases that are out so far.

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 06:49:33 PM

the case with some modifications he made to it, (looks like it needs more mods to be where it will be 100% what he needs,

And the new case I am making with adjustments to make sure it suits the needs of his next build.

Adjustable for different powersupply lengths

just working out now how to give them feet all the time, for the base unit on the bottom of the stack, any suggestions would be welcome. Smiley

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 03:37:36 AM

some new pics of the new design and how they stack.

inside the joint seen here the rails are pulled tight to keep them lined up over top each other and resting directly on top of each other, so if anyone is interested in a taller system with multiple rigs built into it (the corner rails are all one piece instead of a single section per rig) let me know, not sure what the max length I can ship via USPS for cost factor is, but I can build these all the way up to 16 foot in height for anyone seriously wanting something that tall lol. two rigs would only be about a yard *3 inches shy of a meter* tall, with this design.

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:22:38 PM

I like those goggles

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 09:51:50 AM

thank you damiano Smiley

more pics

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 09:21:19 AM

something new I am working on getting ready while I wait to find out if I have proper hole placement for mounting a mother board (from that DXF file graciously provided by someone who either deleted their post or it was on another thread I started maybe and the name escapes me, so if I can track it down I will definitely give them props Smiley I just hope the placement is right so I can start making these and be sure people with no drill can still use them lol.

this pic kinda shows what I plan on doing to modify it, as the PS was in the back and there was not really enough room to fit a proper motherboard, so I removed all the cages for drives, and will retro fit a unit in the front on the side or between the power supplies, as I am not going to use that plate, but instead make a custom one so I can squeeze two power supplies in the case and still get a motherboard with room to put all the cards on risers

the front with out the power supply mounting plates, though everything here will be gone from that hole and my own custom rails will be in there to mount the top and bottom of the power supplies to,  is it weird to think of the power cords coming out the front of a rack mount case ? Wink

shot of the back, the mother board will be down at the bottom of that big black hole under the card slots, and I guess to make it more adaptable I will make the contact points on the bottom plate with various thicknesses so the mother board can be raised up a bit if need be to make contact with the shorter 16x by 16x riser cables since many are kinda short  (friend said this shot made it look like a heater, and I reminded him that with all those cards in there, it will technically lol.)

fans on the inside just behind the grill on the front of the case above the big hole that is there now that I removed the plate and cages for the drive bays. these should give plenty of air flow over the GPUs even if there is only one card slot totally open and the plate in the back is removed to allow air to be drawn between there to ensure the fans on the cards are not choked Smiley

close up of the slots and how much room there really is between them and the bottom of the case, will be easy to get more room thanks to riser cables Smiley

shot from the front so the amount of card slots in the back can be seen, and a bit of lightening of the shot to make it easier to see Smiley

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 06:24:54 PM

few shots of how the somewhat rough inserts for holding the power supplies into the rack system look and removed the grill and old air filter off the fans, and tried the holder in both directions to ensure I did not need to flip the fans if I needed to reverse the airflow (individually instead of just flipping the rails they are attached to Smiley )

the raw materials I used (top is a back to a DVD player) and bottom is an aluminum angle that was used to hold a large screen LCD TV's LCD array of parts to the outer body of the TV set.

After making all the rough cuts and punching holes to hold the power supplies.

and after all the final clean up. and yes I know the PS's are tilted a tiny bit, not sure how that happened but they still work just fine. and I think this looks better than some zip ties lol. also on the side there is enough room to slide in hard drive(s) and put a fan for more air flow.

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 10:29:51 AM

some more pictures Smiley

this one is just about ready to be sold, if anyone is interested Smiley

Case with out the top or bottom on, from under the MOBO tray *(had to do it this way to mount in the screws for the HD while the brackets were mounted on the side)

Front of the unit with top off to see the GPUS and such

The hard drive mounting brackets with one hard drive in them (and no that is not two nuts really close together, it is a reflection of the one off of the bracket surface Smiley )

here you can see the placement of the hard drive behind the end fan, so it will stay nice and cool no matter what Smiley

from the back of the case with the top still open.

more of an aerial shot, over the top of the case, so you can see the asus and two sapphire r9 270Xs in there Smiley

side of the case from the fan side of the GPUs,

two very nice things about this case,
1. the case and fans are in nearly new shape which means the really good fans have nearly all their life span, and seem to be better than any other fans I have here, like when they are spinning from power, and the power is cut to them, they continue to spin for quite a while, and are much quieter than other fans I have even though they have more air flow they put out.
2. the case when fully assembled is really tough, as in you can sit on it, or stand on it and use it for getting things off a top shelf, so I am sure even with out a rack these could be stacked on top of each other and be fine for extended periods of time as a stack of computers running full time Smiley

also after a lot of digging essentially what I have here is a 6u case, something it seems can not be found on ebay right now. will continue to look for them, to see what the market feels they are worth, as a mining rig.

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 11:32:25 AM

a video of the rig, getting ready to go back to working on the other aluminum rigs, but anyone think I should make some modifications to that aluminum design so it can have ears put on it and make it rack mountable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6DvsgELBmw

purenewfoundlander

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:59:45 AM

Nice looking case
morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:20:26 AM

thanks, still looking for feed back but I think I will be putting something up this friday night on ebay. would still be nice to start working with in the crypto community more.

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 07:33:35 AM

paused work due to a broken tool that needs replacing. will update once progress continues.

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 04:18:01 PM

got the new tooling and have started back up, anyone interested in one of the aluminum angle cases, contact me.

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 01:43:16 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 12:29:49 AM by morphtrust

Stuff is gone, thanks for looking Smiley

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:02:03 AM

new stuff and skilled time for those needing or wanting things is going to be available now, just PM me if you want to do business, and as always I do take coin for work too. if I can afford the out of pocket materials and shipping then purely coin is acceptable too, and I have references here on the site and else where as to my trustworthiness. just ask. Also if it is fabrication or construction, or some CGI based work let me know. even if you don't see exactly what you want in any of the stuff, as I have a lot of skills, tools and supplies that you will not see in my website and on my facebook images, so you never know. 

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: