Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:24:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: new stuff from my wrkshp coming & chance 4 custom wrk from Borgsteamfactory. :)  (Read 4392 times)
morphtrust (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 09:21:19 AM

something new I am working on getting ready while I wait to find out if I have proper hole placement for mounting a mother board (from that DXF file graciously provided by someone who either deleted their post or it was on another thread I started maybe and the name escapes me, so if I can track it down I will definitely give them props Smiley I just hope the placement is right so I can start making these and be sure people with no drill can still use them lol.

this pic kinda shows what I plan on doing to modify it, as the PS was in the back and there was not really enough room to fit a proper motherboard, so I removed all the cages for drives, and will retro fit a unit in the front on the side or between the power supplies, as I am not going to use that plate, but instead make a custom one so I can squeeze two power supplies in the case and still get a motherboard with room to put all the cards on risers

the front with out the power supply mounting plates, though everything here will be gone from that hole and my own custom rails will be in there to mount the top and bottom of the power supplies to,  is it weird to think of the power cords coming out the front of a rack mount case ? Wink

shot of the back, the mother board will be down at the bottom of that big black hole under the card slots, and I guess to make it more adaptable I will make the contact points on the bottom plate with various thicknesses so the mother board can be raised up a bit if need be to make contact with the shorter 16x by 16x riser cables since many are kinda short  (friend said this shot made it look like a heater, and I reminded him that with all those cards in there, it will technically lol.)

fans on the inside just behind the grill on the front of the case above the big hole that is there now that I removed the plate and cages for the drive bays. these should give plenty of air flow over the GPUs even if there is only one card slot totally open and the plate in the back is removed to allow air to be drawn between there to ensure the fans on the cards are not choked Smiley

close up of the slots and how much room there really is between them and the bottom of the case, will be easy to get more room thanks to riser cables Smiley

shot from the front so the amount of card slots in the back can be seen, and a bit of lightening of the shot to make it easier to see Smiley

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 06:24:54 PM

few shots of how the somewhat rough inserts for holding the power supplies into the rack system look and removed the grill and old air filter off the fans, and tried the holder in both directions to ensure I did not need to flip the fans if I needed to reverse the airflow (individually instead of just flipping the rails they are attached to Smiley )

the raw materials I used (top is a back to a DVD player) and bottom is an aluminum angle that was used to hold a large screen LCD TV's LCD array of parts to the outer body of the TV set.

After making all the rough cuts and punching holes to hold the power supplies.

and after all the final clean up. and yes I know the PS's are tilted a tiny bit, not sure how that happened but they still work just fine. and I think this looks better than some zip ties lol. also on the side there is enough room to slide in hard drive(s) and put a fan for more air flow.

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 10:29:51 AM

some more pictures Smiley

this one is just about ready to be sold, if anyone is interested Smiley

Case with out the top or bottom on, from under the MOBO tray *(had to do it this way to mount in the screws for the HD while the brackets were mounted on the side)

Front of the unit with top off to see the GPUS and such

The hard drive mounting brackets with one hard drive in them (and no that is not two nuts really close together, it is a reflection of the one off of the bracket surface Smiley )

here you can see the placement of the hard drive behind the end fan, so it will stay nice and cool no matter what Smiley

from the back of the case with the top still open.

more of an aerial shot, over the top of the case, so you can see the asus and two sapphire r9 270Xs in there Smiley

side of the case from the fan side of the GPUs,

two very nice things about this case,
1. the case and fans are in nearly new shape which means the really good fans have nearly all their life span, and seem to be better than any other fans I have here, like when they are spinning from power, and the power is cut to them, they continue to spin for quite a while, and are much quieter than other fans I have even though they have more air flow they put out.
2. the case when fully assembled is really tough, as in you can sit on it, or stand on it and use it for getting things off a top shelf, so I am sure even with out a rack these could be stacked on top of each other and be fine for extended periods of time as a stack of computers running full time Smiley

also after a lot of digging essentially what I have here is a 6u case, something it seems can not be found on ebay right now. will continue to look for them, to see what the market feels they are worth, as a mining rig.

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 11:32:25 AM

a video of the rig, getting ready to go back to working on the other aluminum rigs, but anyone think I should make some modifications to that aluminum design so it can have ears put on it and make it rack mountable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6DvsgELBmw

purenewfoundlander

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:59:45 AM

Nice looking case
morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:20:26 AM

thanks, still looking for feed back but I think I will be putting something up this friday night on ebay. would still be nice to start working with in the crypto community more.

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 07:33:35 AM

paused work due to a broken tool that needs replacing. will update once progress continues.

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 04:18:01 PM

got the new tooling and have started back up, anyone interested in one of the aluminum angle cases, contact me.

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 01:43:16 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 12:29:49 AM by morphtrust

Stuff is gone, thanks for looking Smiley

morphtrust (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:02:03 AM

new stuff and skilled time for those needing or wanting things is going to be available now, just PM me if you want to do business, and as always I do take coin for work too. if I can afford the out of pocket materials and shipping then purely coin is acceptable too, and I have references here on the site and else where as to my trustworthiness. just ask. Also if it is fabrication or construction, or some CGI based work let me know. even if you don't see exactly what you want in any of the stuff, as I have a lot of skills, tools and supplies that you will not see in my website and on my facebook images, so you never know. 

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: