Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:15:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitepaper alone is not enough to make you invest in an ICO  (Read 1651 times)
Sama517 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 03:44:53 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2018, 04:00:11 PM by Sama517

I have seen so many people focusing mainly on project whitepapers, and relying solely on the information contained in the whitepaper to participate in the ICO. It is very true that the most important document of an ICO project is the whitepaper, but what you should be far more focused on is the credibility of the project team. No matter how beautiful and well written a whitepaper may be, without an experienced and vibrant team, such project is bound to fail.

The most important research you should always carry out before investing in an ICO is the profile of the team starting from the head of the team to the least person. If the project has advisors, also research their full profile and experience as well.

With all these, you will be safer than the person who only read whitepapers before investing in ICOs.

What are your thoughts?

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
enellf

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:18:52 AM

Yes you are right, you should not decide on investing in any ICO based based on whitepaper. Apart from this, there are many more things to know about who is managing the ICO project, how to manage, what their purpose is.
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:25:10 AM

Good day. For me yes, whitepaper is not enough. It will be a great help to get more investors if the team are active on different social media platforms. Being active on different events and getting partnerships adds confidence for investors.
AlphaGoo

Activity: 396
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:33:53 AM

Yes, you know that many white papers are plagiarized. They are not their real white papers. Many scams may not write white papers. They ask others to write or where to plagiarize. In short, investing in ICO cannot depend solely on white papers,otherwise, you will be deceived by those false white papers.

platinov_and

Activity: 364
Merit: 110

SPOKKZ

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:39:42 AM

The Whitepaper is very important and you always need to read it carefully but it does not have much to start investing in the ICO. You need to carefully check the project team, read telegrams and reviews. After a deep analysis, you can make a decision.

────────  SPOKKZ  ────────  
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── Join Pre-Sale
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 09:45:28 AM

The whitepaper is not the only thing you need to check before investing in an ICO.
But I will never invest in an ICO with 0 whitepaper ... so you need a whitepaper too.
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:45:33 AM

really its not enough to get a clear view about how the project will go in future. so you have to check about team and their experience, community behind that project, marketing and partnerships with companies too.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
zcashplan

Activity: 415

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 09:49:43 AM

I have been reminding some of my friends, please don't trust the contents of the white paper easily, because these contents are very exaggerated and there is no possibility of realizing them. Although they boast of hype, in fact, these are just some verbal promises. You can't predict if they will succeed.

colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:52:13 AM

The information which we see in the whitepaper does not give enough motivation to invest on an ICO reason being beings that most whitepaper contain information about the project and not news on how investors can make more cash through the help of that project. Some times the information gotten from bloggers are more preferable than that of the whitepaper
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 09:55:47 AM

The information which we see in the whitepaper does not give enough motivation to invest on an ICO reason being beings that most whitepaper contain information about the project and not news on how investors can make more cash through the help of that project. Some times the information gotten from bloggers are more preferable than that of the whitepaper

If you don't understand how you can make money in the project after reading the whitepaper... that's a really bad whitepaper for me.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:23:05 AM

people are focusing on things such as whitepaper because they have nothing else to rely on! an ICO has not much else for you to check out. it is a bunch of unknown people releasing something unknown and completely useless and with absolutely no real potential. so you are making a bet and as bets go you have no way of knowing what the result will be and as a gambler you cling to anything meaningless like a whitepaper as you can. to just give you some satisfaction...

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:27:51 AM

The whitepaper is not the only thing you need to check before investing in an ICO.
But I will never invest in an ICO with 0 whitepaper ... so you need a whitepaper too.

Agree. Without a whitepaper then its useless. Well as my self i am not only relying on the whitepaper because if you are the investor is the whitepaper only you want be the base so that you invest on its ico? Well i should also the team how do they manage it or how do they advertise, their background and experience.
Welinigh

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:33:35 AM

It is risky to decide on investment in ICO based only on whitepaper. In addition to this, you have to keep in mind the idea of how the project and purpose of the ICO project.
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:48:31 AM

My opinion is that the white paper is the most important document for the ICO since it is all in the whitepaper the important details of the project where people need to read and understand the content about the ICO project platform. Secondly, the investor should have to check also the team members behind the project and the project consultants. Lastly, the bounty manager that handles the project should have no red trust rating such that investors will not doubt about the ICO being a legitimate project.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:52:53 AM

The most important is the product, what is it for, what new it brings to the space. Not a single WP or a Team can
make successful a worthless product. The whitepaper is important to be analysed to understand the commercial,
technological and financial details of a new coin. We have to check the Team as well if they have enough experience
to realise what is written in WP on time according to the project Roadmap.

youngmobi

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:28:23 PM

Well i think the best thing you need to look into before investing into cryptocurrency is there whitepapers. There whitepapers will tell you more and more about them but that's not really all you need to make a good research about that project.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 12:34:12 PM

You are right team members do matter, overall one should consider all the aspects of the project closelybefore investing and he finds something suspicious or scammy he should not invest and should also post about it here so that other members can also skip that ico and save their money.

79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:38:11 PM

Exactly, we evaluate an ICO in many different forms. White paper is very important to ICO but not enough. Need to evaluate team, investor, community ... Many ICOs have good white papers but it is scam, so don't just rely on white paper

nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:40:04 PM

I have seen so many people focusing mainly on project whitepapers, and relying solely on the information contained in the whitepaper to participate in the ICO. It is very true that the most important document of an ICO project is the whitepaper, but what you should be far more focused on is the credibility of the project team. No matter how beautiful and well written a whitepaper may be, without an experienced and vibrant team, such project is bound to fail.

The most important research you should always carry out before investing in an ICO is the profile of the team starting from the head of the team to the least person. If the project has advisors, also research their full profile and experience as well.

With all these, you will be safer than the person who only read whitepapers before investing in ICOs.

What are your thoughts?

I agree with you because white paper is only guide to know about the project, read white paper only half, need another thing to understand project in big picture. Before invest we should know this is the project, we can see it from road map, developer team and another valuable information that can be use to sure I'm on the right place. See project as big picture not small mindset.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:40:44 PM

What are your thoughts?

Team is what you should first look at.  If they will take your money and run away you will have exactly zero. If they will take your money and will get themselves good salaries and lay on the beach, after few years you will have almost zero.  If they will take your money, but are incapable to do the job they plan to, then after few years you will have really little.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: