Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:00:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gox have at least 200k BTC - lost keys or GAG ORDER most likely not theft  (Read 10064 times)
cbutters

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:30:03 PM

I'm still missing in the IRC logs where they discuss a 550,000 BTC proof move transaction... or a link between the addresses with money in them and the 424K proof transaction..... can you clarify?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joehal

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:33:23 PM

If 750k coins are lost or stolen, there is a 0% chance of getting money back. It would cost >1 billion dollars to acquire those coins. How long would it take them to recoup 1 billion? A long time. Like.. theyll never recoup it.

So, what do they choose? Nothing. Either they have the coins or they dont.

But the users DO have a choice. At least it's much better than zero. Or suing to get a 5 dollars compensation (the money split among all users). And it's not only a good choice - it could improve all the exchanges and bitcoin in the process. With a much better security and environment.
  A environment built like the bitcoin. We shouldn't trust in the owner of an exchange. We should create a trustless exchange. And if the 1 million shareholders will agree to be joint owners, the exchange built will be even more profitable than the old one (which was already profitable)

We will give a great example to the world. People will truly see then that bitcoin related things don't fail so easily. And all the news/media proclaiming the death of bitcoin because of GOX, will look like idiots.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=489949.0  (Voluntary Reorganization Best Option for Us All)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MtGox-Recovery-Initiative/1394428424158424   - Like and spread the word

anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:35:23 PM

If there is an US gov investigation which is forcing Mark to cooperate they could issue a gag order, that would explain the silence.

That would be extremely interesting, seeing that Mark is a French citizen living in Japan.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
jatajuta (OP)

Activity: 365

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:41:34 PM

If there is an US gov investigation which is forcing Mark to cooperate they could issue a gag order, that would explain the silence.

That would be extremely interesting, seeing that Mark is a French citizen living in Japan.

Silk Road users could very well use gox to withdraw cash or buy btc on the early years.

This alone is an excuse for an intervention given that Japan is a very cooperative jurisdiction, not farfetched to imagine a cooperation between Karpeles and the US gov given that he has seized assets on US.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ilpirata79

Activity: 353
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:45:43 PM

I'm still missing in the IRC logs where they discuss a 550,000 BTC proof move transaction... or a link between the addresses with money in them and the 424K proof transaction..... can you clarify?

I verified the first address which is one of the two addresses that received the first 50k bitcoins.

Best regards,
ilpirata79
cbutters

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:55:13 PM

I verified the first address which is one of the two addresses that received the first 50k bitcoins.

Best regards,
ilpirata79

Yes, I know that 1P3S1grZYmcqYDuaEDVDYobJ5Fx85E9fE9 received the first 50,000 of the 29a3efd3ef04f9153d47a990bd7b048a4b2d213daaa5fb8ed670fb85f13bdbcf transaction... but what links the 29a3efd3ef04f9153d47a990bd7b048a4b2d213daaa5fb8ed670fb85f13bdbcf transaction back to mtgox? I don't see any logs about a 550K BTC transaction, just the 424K one.
jatajuta (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:01:24 PM

Best regards,
ilpirata79

Yes, I know that 1P3S1grZYmcqYDuaEDVDYobJ5Fx85E9fE9 received the first 50,000 of the 29a3efd3ef04f9153d47a990bd7b048a4b2d213daaa5fb8ed670fb85f13bdbcf transaction... but what links the 29a3efd3ef04f9153d47a990bd7b048a4b2d213daaa5fb8ed670fb85f13bdbcf transaction back to mtgox? I don't see any logs about a 550K BTC transaction, just the 424K one.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1z37zw/mt_gox_has_at_least_200k_btc/cfq2s5d

anu
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:08:24 PM

Silk Road users could very well use gox to withdraw cash or buy btc on the early years.

This alone is an excuse for an intervention given that Japan is a very cooperative jurisdiction, not farfetched to imagine a cooperation between Karpeles and the US gov given that he has seized assets on US.

If true, that opens an interesting possibility: Mark may actually be trying to protect customer's funds.

▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:17:59 PM

Relevant

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=23938.msg1177353#msg1177353
jatajuta (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:18:29 PM

If true, that opens an interesting possibility: Mark may actually be trying to protect customer's funds.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148147.msg1583179#msg1583179

From MagicalTux on bitcointalk:

Someone asked:

back to JPY....a nightmare for the US to try and enforce anything at all or at least quickly and not always on the friendliest terms with regional neighbors

To which, MagicalTux replied:

Japanese government is friendly to US, and also implements things such as FACTA. Also the US government can pressure any bank worldwide by threatening of cutting them off USD. A bank in any country that can not transfer USD anymore is of no use to anyone. US government has been doing this so far to get accounts held by "terrorists" (people linked to North Korea, mafia, actual terrorists, etc) and while Bitcoin is still too small to get this kind of response, it's a good idea to stay friendly with the US govt. at this point and let Bitcoin grow and gain in legitimacy.

Once again shows his willingness and desire to cooperate with the US Gov.

jatajuta (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:27:01 PM

Just found this on reddit

https://pay.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/1z2xo5/speculation_the_us_government_has_control_of_goxs/cfq5xb2

[12:07] <JonWickedFire> Anything else you'd like to say to everyone before all the pissed off people start going nuts, even more...?
[12:09] <MagicalTux> not really
[12:09] <MagicalTux> maybe just a link? something like that: Why do we fall? - 9GAG
With the 9Gag being an image site that he linked to http://9gag.com/gag/a442vZw taken on face value its just a movie quote, but what if using 9GAG was his attempt to send out a message again, with plausible deniability if called out on it?

JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:29:50 PM

Mark doesn't come across as a bumbling idiot who loses private keys in that post.

It certainly makes the "cold wallets drained by hot wallets" look like even bigger BS than it was already.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
Narken

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:46:22 PM

https://pay.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/1z2xo5/speculation_the_us_government_has_control_of_goxs/cfq5xb2

[12:07] <JonWickedFire> Anything else you'd like to say to everyone before all the pissed off people start going nuts, even more...?
[12:09] <MagicalTux> maybe just a link? something like that: Why do we fall? - 9GAG
With the 9Gag being an image site that he linked to http://9gag.com/gag/a442vZw taken on face value its just a movie quote, but what if using 9GAG was his attempt to send out a message again, with plausible deniability if called out on it?

Gox being served with a gag order from FBI would actually make sense and also answer the question why so little information has been given out to the "public"

I think the ties between the bust of silk road and Gox is bigger than we might realize.

Dread Pirate Roberts / slik road probably used Gox for trading and held of lot of coin / $ there, leading FBI to take a closer look at Gox and halting operations with US banks and possible locking down the cold wallets to secure any needed proof.

Yes sir
jatajuta (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:52:27 PM

Gox being served with a gag order from FBI would actually make sense and also answer the question why so little information has been given out to the "public"

I think the ties between the bust of silk road and Gox is bigger than we might realize.

Dread Pirate Roberts / slik road probably used Gox for trading and held of lot of coin / $ there, leading FBI to take a closer look at Gox and halting operations with US banks and possible locking down the cold wallets to secure any needed proof.

This is from an ongoing IRC chat minutes ago, chat ##mtgox-statement:

[15:27] <napedia> I just blew the doors off this thing guys.. I found the money
[15:27] <@bitinstant> ^
[15:28] <@Lao_Ban__> So, what now?
[15:28] <@bitinstant> Were documeting it all now
[15:28] <@bitinstant> and going to publish it

Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:53:06 PM

So within 6 months, and using our own taxpayer money, the U.S. government has become the single largest holder of Bitcoins in the world? This is a joke. They're bigger crooks than the people they busted on darknet.

I am seriously starting to lose faith.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:56:19 PM

Why would the government take ALL coins? Is that typical? Like if I launder money through a bank and the bank knows nothing about it, would the government take all the cash on hand? That seems crazy as shit to me. Why not just take the coins that you were interested in?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:57:15 PM

This is from an ongoing IRC chat minutes ago, chat ##mtgox-statement:

[15:27] <napedia> I just blew the doors off this thing guys.. I found the money
[15:27] <@bitinstant> ^
[15:28] <@Lao_Ban__> So, what now?
[15:28] <@bitinstant> Were documeting it all now
[15:28] <@bitinstant> and going to publish it

Theres 5 people in that IRC, why are you taking it seriously?
esse83

Activity: 545

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:58:27 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1z3v4k/claims_that_mtgox_has_a_lot_of_coin_so_far_look/

nullc is gregory maxwell

“Bitcoin is wild and crazy investment that I’m diversifying out of all the time,” - Gavin Andresen
jatajuta (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:07:02 PM

##mtgox-statement

[15:44] <@bit14> I was just talking with gmaxwell on PM
[15:44] <@Lao_Ban__> This is awesome, IUm glad I stayed up
[15:44] <@bit14> he's skeptical in the sense that this doesn't prove those addresses still belong to gox and they weren't privately issued manual withdrawals for high profile customers
[15:44] <@bit14> which in theory could be right, but feels like a long shot
[15:47] <chrono000> i agree
[15:47] <@bitinstant> I highly doubt it
[15:47] <@bitinstant> We found a connection
[15:47] <@bitinstant> one of the 50k addresses is mtgox green address

anu
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:35:08 PM

Why would the government take ALL coins? Is that typical? Like if I launder money through a bank and the bank knows nothing about it, would the government take all the cash on hand? That seems crazy as shit to me. Why not just take the coins that you were interested in?

Why did they kill E-Gold?

▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.GET WHITELISTED.