Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:41:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any websites where we can donate btc for charity ?  (Read 811 times)
Ng93 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:39:52 PM

Are there any thrustfull websites where we can donate btc for charity ?
I'm looking to support charity ( prefer Ecological disasters .. )  where we can pay with BTC

Someone ?
Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:44:25 PM

bitcoin100.org
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:46:03 PM

Sean's outpost  Wink
btmtb

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:46:34 PM

I'm looking to support charity ( prefer Ecological disasters .. )  where we can pay with BTC

Someone ?

Not ecological, but I've only really heard about http://seansoutpost.com/ which is homeless support, based in America, who seem to have their acceptance of bitcoin as a major talking point. You'll see them on Reddit a reasonable amount, and seems legit.

*Edit*
Looks like someone beat me to it by 30seconds so in the name adding some extra value, BitPay also have a list of Non Profit's who use their services here: https://bitpay.com/directory#/#top (click 'Non profit' at the bottom of left hand menu)
Against Hunger

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 05:45:19 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 05:55:22 PM by Against Hunger

You are welcome to visit Against Hunger http://www.againsthunger.org.  We currently accept Bitcoin Litecoin Dogecoin and Vertcoin but we are looking at other currencies. We are just getting started and our focus is to introduce cryptocurrencies into impoverished communities. We believe that cryptocurrencies will play a major part in ending wold hunger. Cryptocurrencies allow people to donate directly to people in need, with very little overhead.

When you enable communities to receive donations directly in cryptocurrencies there are significant benefits for everyone involved. By introducing cryptocurrencies into a community, you are also allowing the people who receive the donations to pay for nutritious meals using the cryptocurrency.

The result is we now have a source of income. not just for the people who receive the donation but also across the entire supply chain.  From farmers who grow the crops, to the people who ship the harvest, the merchants who sell the food to the consumers. This provides an environment for growth and helps kick start an economy. An economy that we believe will reduce financial disparities and eventually result in self sufficiency.

I hope that we can continue to move this forward, help end world hunger and introduce cryptocurrencies into emerging economies.

I look forward to your assistance. Not just for donations but also with volunteers to help move this forward.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:57:18 PM

...prefer Ecological disasters ...

mtgox.com

Donate a LOT, and frequently... It is the #1 Ecological disaster at the moment. Tongue

Ecosystems are composed of dynamically interacting parts including organisms (Humans), the communities they make up (BTC), and the non-living components of their environment (Exchanges).

Had to say it...
Mowcore

Activity: 592

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:19:15 PM

Feel free to try https://www.humblebundle.com/ . They donate to EFF http://www.eff-charity.org/ and Child's play http://www.childsplaycharity.org/ .

Buy a load of games , pay what you want and the charity gets all the money. If you don't want the games, give to friends or family, more donations!

You can choose who gets the most of your donation by changing the payment settings, or just keep it split!

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
Ng93 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:40:04 PM

Thanks for sugestions

will look for some nice projects Smiley

Kind regards
ppteam

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:54:33 AM

We are looking for some donations to help with shipping.  We are already set up to take bitcoin too.
Please check us out.
www.mabukumalawi.com
Thanks
adicted

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:35:25 AM

Dabs are doing donate for charity you can pm her
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:06:16 PM

I think this is a major untapped market for cryptocurrencies.  I know I've been interested in this in the past and I've donated to Sean's Outpost.  Seems like a great way to do anonymous donations, which a lot of people are into.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
gregd_

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:22:06 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 03:38:41 PM by gregd_

well.. i have an idea for a charity Smiley

I lost 51 BTC on MtGox of course. Might be not much for you, but for me this was a lot! Sad but true.
1hf5SV67fNwJaPgcA8C6oqxQEhjhm8s3f
Every penny count (as they say in here). This will be greatly appreciated and will be remembered forever.

Forgetting about MtGox. We could try to create our own charity fund and take it from there. This would not mean that the money would be given to anyone, but this would be an investment fund. Only the gains would be given to charities.

Something more like NGO investment fund, or socially responsible investment fund. Actually, I'd be keen to take the idea further if there are people interested.

Gregory D
Ng93 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:26:32 PM

Other websites our foundations ?

Looking for Weather disasters, hunger etc ...

Please send me a pm !

Kind regards
Ng93 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:55:28 AM

Bump,

We would really like to help charity funds !!!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:02:01 AM

Bump,

Here's the list, bud, with more being added soon: http://bitcoin100.org/charities/

Every one of them were personally vetted by myself, Rassah, or edd, all found on this forum. Every user of this forum had ample opportunity to make sure that each were viable and worthy.

Hope that helps for whatever you have in mind, bud.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Ng93 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:33:07 AM

Bump,

Here's the list, bud, with more being added soon: http://bitcoin100.org/charities/

Every one of them were personally vetted by myself, Rassah, or edd, all found on this forum. Every user of this forum had ample opportunity to make sure that each were viable and worthy.

Hope that helps for whatever you have in mind, bud.

~Bruno Kucinskas

i've sent you a pm

Kind regards
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 02:38:21 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=218550.0

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: