Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:19:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone who had btc on gox since 2011 could be affected  (Read 5267 times)
M-S-K

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:37:04 PM

Nice!! So I loose 73 Goxcoins and also I'm going to get sued for some 5000 Euros.

Mark just when I think my ass raping cant get any worse. Got to hand it to you mark buddy.

The Goxing Never Stops..24/7 365..Even after Gox dies, Goxing goes for eternity. Thank you Mark, its been a blessing.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:49:38 PM

Nice!! So I loose 73 Goxcoins and also I'm going to get sued for some 5000 Euros.

Mark just when I think my ass raping cant get any worse. Got to hand it to you mark buddy.

The Goxing Never Stops..24/7 365..Even after Gox dies, Goxing goes for eternity. Thank you Mark, its been a blessing.

First you Gox, then you become goxxed, after that you are permanently goxxed. There's no escape really.
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:54:50 PM

Well if any gox bankruptcy trustee wants to unwind my transaction in 2011, I say bring it on, I sold a bunch of mined bitcoins back then for FIAT, I would be very happy if those transactions could be reversed  Grin

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:19:15 PM

rewind Huh never going to happen!

FYI: Gox did a "rewind" in 2011, reversing the trades that took BTC down to a penny.

You are talking about two different things.

Rewinding trades with funds extant only on the exchange, for which only funds in the exchange can be affected along with the operator of the exchange.

And going outside the exchange to recover funds which may not be recoverable any other way.

Thank you! +1
Realpra

Activity: 815

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:29:15 PM

This is why I'm encrypting my stash, sooner or later, with whatever excuse the cops will knock down my door.

By then I intend to not be there or at the very least have the pleasure of laughing in their stupid faces.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:11:26 AM

First you Gox, then you become goxxed, after that you are permanently goxxed. There's no escape really.

I know right Wink

Mark your are 100% off my Xmass card list.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:12:29 AM

You are talking about clawback, but there is some reason that withdrawn btc would not apply for clawback...I just forgot why though Sad
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:15:25 AM

You are talking about clawback, but there is some reason that withdrawn btc would not apply for clawback...I just forgot why though Sad

I think it might have something to do with me having to knowingly withdrawn funds from an insolvent company at the expense of everyone else or something like that I'm no lawyer.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:23:26 AM

FYI: Gox did a "rewind" in 2011, reversing the trades that took BTC down to a penny.

Rewinding trades with funds extant only on the exchange, for which only funds in the exchange can be affected along with the operator of the exchange.

And going outside the exchange to recover funds which may not be recoverable any other way.

Yes, you are correct.

Coins4life

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:33:53 AM

Very well put
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:13:37 AM

Mark has the coins

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:16:45 AM

Someone needs to make a "I got goxxed and all I got was this crappy T-shirt." 

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
mysidia

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:38:23 AM

Well if any gox bankruptcy trustee wants to unwind my transaction in 2011, I say bring it on, I sold a bunch of mined bitcoins back then for FIAT, I would be very happy if those transactions could be reversed  Grin

A good point.  To fairly reverse the trade, they need to return your asset,  not just demand you return your "profit" from selling the asset.

The profit from sale is not attributable to Mt.Gox's shadiness,  but appreciation in value of your valuable asset.

Returning the dollars that came from appreciation of your asset, without having the asset returned, is just trying to incur an unfair loss on customers to satisfy other creditors.

BTC: 1FbuJxZCeJUqrP7EpUkgMKWAmAA1M8gUBd
LTC: LbvomgbwKnqk47mWzALCDEoV8ydjxYYYpF
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 04:02:10 AM

Bitcoin transactions by definition are not reversible and also by the protocol.

No one is going to be affected, that would be like going to an ATM machine and getting a $20 dollar bill that was stolen, first of all you would not have any method of knowing if it was stolen or not, and in the event that it was stolen you got it by legit means even with a record of that, so the one liable it is the thief no one else, laws vary country to country, but insane laws are usually not enforceable, they are the worst since they only exist to harass people otherwise they would be enforced.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 08:42:44 AM

We have Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin address.

Remember when we used that information to link the address to the person?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:09:13 AM

Holy shit! If I lost both $ and BTC on gox by trading, can I file a claim if it was certified as a scam?  Grin Grin Grin

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 10:18:01 AM

The bankruptcy trustee could determine that everything that occurred since that June 2011 date should be unwound, and that anyone who withdrew money or bitcoin from that will need to return those net profits to bankruptcy estate.

Yes, just like the Zeek Rewards resolution where they reversed all the bank transfers en masse.

There was a thread about this yesterday: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=489927.0

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:00:46 AM

Many on here think that only the people who currently have money or bitcoin with gox will be directly affected by a gox bankruptcy.  That may not be the case.  According to Jesse Powell, the CEO of Kraken, 800,000 bitcoin were stolen in June 2011.  Instead of informing the public, gox decided to essentially run a ponzi scheme from that date forward through which it attempted to reach solvency by generating fees through transactions and possible arbitrage.  

The bankruptcy trustee could determine that everything that occurred since that June 2011 date should be unwound, and that anyone who withdrew money or bitcoin from that will need to return those net profits to bankruptcy estate.  

Don't believe me?  Do you think the people who were smart enough, or lucky enough, to pull money out of their Bernie Madoff accounts got to keep those profits?  No, the bankruptcy trustee sued every single one of those people and required them to put back into the bankruptcy estate all of their net profits that they made.  And it meant nothing that they were completely unaware of the fraud.    

So if you are one of those people who had money or bitcoin on gox and made a profit on the transaction, which is now sitting in your wallet or your bank account, don't be too sure you want gox to die.  

It might just turn out that what everyone has been proclaiming to be the final MEGA-Goxxing is just a blip on the road to the REAL MEGA-GOXXING!

I just knew Gox had a last trick up its sleeve!! Cheesy

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:06:28 PM

Many on here think that only the people who currently have money or bitcoin with gox will be directly affected by a gox bankruptcy.  That may not be the case.  According to Jesse Powell, the CEO of Kraken, 800,000 bitcoin were stolen in June 2011.  Instead of informing the public, gox decided to essentially run a ponzi scheme from that date forward through which it attempted to reach solvency by generating fees through transactions and possible arbitrage. 

Don't believe me?  Do you think the people who were smart enough, or lucky enough, to pull money out of their Bernie Madoff accounts got to keep those profits?  No, the bankruptcy trustee sued every single one of those people and required them to put back into the bankruptcy estate all of their net profits that they made.  And it meant nothing that they were completely unaware of the fraud.   

So if you are one of those people who had money or bitcoin on gox and made a profit on the transaction, which is now sitting in your wallet or your bank account, don't be too sure you want gox to die. 

What like all those that got sucked into the pirateat40 ponzi got all their money back.

Don't be silly. Those with Bitcoins and/or cash still on Gox have lost it. You might as well write it off and be done with it.

oatmo

Activity: 104

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:57:14 PM

The bankruptsy is in Japan, so U.S. law has nothing to do with it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: