Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:31:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am a newb but I want to invest... any thoughts?  (Read 730 times)
swscowods

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:57:52 AM

Hi, guys and gurus! Nice to meet you all.  Cheesy
I've been coming to the forum time to time, but it's my first time posting.
I need some advice...

I bought BTC and lost 90% of my money a while back. It wasn't all my savings or anything, but it was quite a loss. A friend of mine told me about the bitcoin - but I didn't know anything about this crypto world so I still kick myself for being so dumb - and I got in without research. Snap, and it was gone.  Sad
I guess I should have been smarter, should have done my research, should have come here before and so forth... but what's done is done.

But now that I do more reading and follow this crypto market, I am more and more convinced that cryptocurrency is going to boom soon and I don't want to miss out!

I've been looking around recently and found out this thing called 'airdrops' and from what I understand they basically give you some coins for free!  Shocked
I think it's a good thing cuz I don't feel comfortable about the risk of putting money in but at the same time can get a bit of coin for free.
But it also means that I can't really spend it or exchange it for cash for a long time, right?

The airdrop event my friend and I found is this thing called Coindrop, and apparently I can make up to like 60,000 SEEDs. (Here is the link: coindrop.link)
I'm a bit cautious but it sounds like really good opportunity, so I figured I'd ask you experts.

So what do you guys think?  Huh
Luckily what you bought was Bitcoin so there is still opportunity. If you still have the money in your wallet then I think you  shouldn’t withdraw it, since you have started it, then continue with the risk and complete what you have started, there is a high chance that the price of BTC will rise before this year ends and you will recover what you have lost and also gain extra profit from it. Even if you don’t recover all, it is still alright if you will recover at least 50% or 70%.
royalcrypt

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:46:56 AM

I don't see how you could lose 90% in bitcoin even if you bought it at 20k because the market hasn't been down that much since then. Since you can't risk more money in crypto then you can join some good bounties and then invest from your earnings. I wouldn't suggest Airdrops as most of them aren't worth our time.
strunberg

Activity: 1358
Merit: 335

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 06:50:44 AM

Before investing i think you should give some time to research about the market and then try investing in Cryptocurrency projects and ICO where you think you can gain a good amount of returns. You should learn more about trading and mining process in order to invest over there because i don't think Airdrop programs can give you consistent income on monthly basis for a long run and nowadays it is very tough to find out the really good projects.
investing and joining bounty campaign is different think.although both of them give us opportunity to get money, we should make our research first before decided joining in investment or airdrop campaign.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

sarasofrup

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:58:28 AM

You should be very careful about how you go with your investments. By saying you lost some of your funds, do you mean because the market is down or yousold them off. If it is just because of the market trend, then I'm going to tell you that you are not losing any money yet. You will get back all your funds, and maybe even more when the prices of the coin go back up. If ypu sold off your coins at a wrong time and as a result lost some money, you should be more careful with that. If you don't really know how to go about trading, you should get help or stay out of it.
PumaPuma_

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:33:56 PM

Before investing somewhere, I would advise you to observe at least half a year of crypto and read about the tokens in which you want to invest.
RemBlanc

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:29:32 PM

If you are planning on investing on Bitcoin, it will be better if you will hold it until the value will be higher. Since the market is volatile, you won't know when will it grow or when it will be red. Failure is the key to success, even you make mistakes, just keep on going since it will help you be better and will help you grow.
Kimskie12

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:34:29 PM

I would suggest to you don't joint on airdrops because i myself has mostly bad experiences on airdrop i suggest to you to join bounties, the good bounties i found is beatrix they have good project and so generous to their tokens, and i earned more money through bounties not on airdrops. I also suggest to you to hold your bitcoin look at it for a long term investment not as a present investment so don't panic if the price is so low always remember that if the price is so low that is not the best time to sell it.
PurpleNights

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:36:54 PM

Welcome newbie. Good thing you have taken this bold step and you  have chosen to invest in the industry. I'm trusting that you won't regret your decision. I think that for yourself, you should find out what interests you, and then find project that fit into your interests that are really good ones, and then invest in them. Or you can chose to invest in any of the top listed coins.
Temibest2

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:39:24 PM

You really want to invest and you are ready, I urge you to take advantage of this bear market, invest heavily on BTC and altcoins like Eth.
manvinder030429

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:42:18 PM

I consider the fledgling indistinguishable  from well as all. What's more, he can contribute a robe at whatever point he needs. The main thing is that newcomers need to know more data. It is important to visit such gatherings all the more regularly. To get to know the assessments and exhortation of the individuals who have long in the digital currency. To limit the dangers.
bitcoinpeople1

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:42:32 AM

Good thing, and welcome here. I believe by now, you have an idea about what you signed up for, and I would like to urge you to gather more information if you need to, and even go as far as having a mentor, or someone who can always put you through directly, just in case you are having any challenges. There are good number of coins you can make your investment choice from, find what suits you.
ExoticDynamics547

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:25:55 PM

At first try to spend more time and analyze the market very carefully. Then you can know the perfect timing of investing.
lilysbee

Activity: 157

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 12:29:05 PM

I welcome you to the crypto world, but please before you invest take some time to check the coins you are investing in, do your research, check how active the team is and the product behind the coin. E. G  what is the use case etc.  These will guide you somehow on your choice of the coins to invest in.
AltEvangelist

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:45:39 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2020, 06:24:37 AM by AltEvangelist

If you are new to all of this, most important is to read up as much as you can (you can check Andreas Antonopoulos' free courses).

And instead of putting money in head first, you can try to earn crypto instead. Do surveys or freelance work online. For example, bitcoinget.com offers BTC payment for surveys. Look for airdrops in the Altcoin section here in the forum. Avoid airdrops that ask for KYC. Do bounties (look for them on bounties.network and bounty0x.io). They are well paying, especially if you can create good content (article, image, video).

Once you are comfortable doing all these, your knowledge and confidence in investing money into crypto will also improve automatically. Then you can research projects individually and invest in them.

Good Luck!
terencio

Activity: 742
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:39:42 PM

If you're a newbie, I suggest don't jump right now, just hold your money for a while. Crypto is very unstable and volatile during this season. Learn about crypto first the basic about crypto and which coin has the potential. I am not saying don't invest, you will invest 100% in crypto, but it's better to educate yourself first. Crypto change my life and I hope it will do the same to you more.

CryptoDimas

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 11:48:31 PM

I would advise you to wait a little. For at the moment, the market is in chaos. Everything is falling around, there are not enough shots. We need to wait for some stability, and then already think what exactly to buy. Is it possible to invest in standing ICO, but this is an amateur)
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:06:28 AM

Hi, guys and gurus! Nice to meet you all.  Cheesy
I've been coming to the forum time to time, but it's my first time posting.
I need some advice...

I bought BTC and lost 90% of my money a while back. It wasn't all my savings or anything, but it was quite a loss. A friend of mine told me about the bitcoin - but I didn't know anything about this crypto world so I still kick myself for being so dumb - and I got in without research. Snap, and it was gone.  Sad
I guess I should have been smarter, should have done my research, should have come here before and so forth... but what's done is done.

But now that I do more reading and follow this crypto market, I am more and more convinced that cryptocurrency is going to boom soon and I don't want to miss out!

I've been looking around recently and found out this thing called 'airdrops' and from what I understand they basically give you some coins for free!  Shocked
I think it's a good thing cuz I don't feel comfortable about the risk of putting money in but at the same time can get a bit of coin for free.
But it also means that I can't really spend it or exchange it for cash for a long time, right?

The airdrop event my friend and I found is this thing called Coindrop, and apparently I can make up to like 60,000 SEEDs. (Here is the link: coindrop.link)
I'm a bit cautious but it sounds like really good opportunity, so I figured I'd ask you experts.

So what do you guys think?  Huh

Well, you are not the only one who suffered from this market. There are many peoples actually like you, lost above 90% of their investment value.
Airdrops won't do much to recover your investment, it may profitable but in small amount only.
What we can do in this market is trying to find a good project to invest using our coins, not selling our coins.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
kudosbadazz

Activity: 83

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:17:03 AM

really sorry for your btc losses. Sure the grass is greener when some people are speaking of bitcoins .Why? cos they make it look simple like you just invest in your money and boom it rise to the boom and gives you plenty profits. The crypto markets are suffering . Anytime you invest, make sure to expect anything to happen. Seems little by little investing in crypto is just turning to gambling. However , you can make your research before you jump into it.

◢▬LIBEREUM▬◣ (https://www.libereum.io/)
—(••÷[ FORTES FORTUNA JUVAT! ]÷••)—
Moyyifsl

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:37:07 AM

https://savenode.bjammerboy.io/6439/4872436

This is best airdrop !!!

Savenode is partner LPC and LGS
sentoy

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:42:06 AM

first of all that must be considered first look at what is a requirement as an investor and may be and anywhere and which must be considered must be careful in step not to be broken into and finally can not do anything.

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  A virtual hangout place for shopping     
  discord telegram twitter        [ JOIN NOW ]  |  culture         
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: