Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:22:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mintcoin or NXT coin??  (Read 3947 times)
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:04:30 PM

Im mining mintcoin ATM, but i still want to get my hands on some NXT coin.
I like it that Mintcoin is more fair as far as distribution goes, since everyone has the chance to mine it rather than those who had money could buy a big percentage of the genesis block.
I dont like to have all my eggs in one basket, but there are so many altcoins, i dont have a clue what one to go for.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Galgenfrist

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:16:25 PM

If you're searching for a fairly distributed coin then have a look at NEM.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:16:43 PM

I'd go for mint, NXT is turn off for me, I will continue to simply ignore it. I don't feel like putting the time and effort into looking into NXT to see if it is a worthwile investment. I'd rather just mine my mints and hodl.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:37:21 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 09:39:19 PM by salsacz

Nxt.

What is Nxt? see: http://justpaste.it/nxt-introduction-4-journalists
yashin

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:19:36 PM

currently Nxt is before releasing of its super feature - asset exchange (= colored coins), so the price of Nxt will skyrocket in a few weeks

colored coins? wouldn't this destroy the fundamental element of crypto currency (anonymity)?
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:44:08 PM

check out Blackcoin.(0 premine)
Different approach to mining POS random 1% stakes occurs.

Mint is interesting only 4,5% premined compare to NXT and 100% premine.
They could start like others with POW on beginning for better distribution but they failed and few control mariolity at allmost 0 cost.
I wonder how much in rality it goes to Devs 30% of new coins(from 1nxt transactions) maybe more?
High price of NXT can kill that curency for trading transaction will rise to heaven if price of NXT will skyrocekt and unfourtunatly that will kill it.
This coin can be killed by it success.
Eg. 1 next costs 1$ do you want pay 1$ for transfer when something cost 20$ eg T-shirt ?
In long run success of NXT can cause it big fail it will be to expensive to use as regular currency Sad

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:13:31 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 01:27:04 AM by CoinHoarder

Im mining mintcoin ATM, but i still want to get my hands on some NXT coin.
I like it that Mintcoin is more fair as far as distribution goes, since everyone has the chance to mine it rather than those who had money could buy a big percentage of the genesis block.
I dont like to have all my eggs in one basket, but there are so many altcoins, i dont have a clue what one to go for.

I don't get the argument that Mintcoin has more fair distribution than Nxt, as both require something to invest in the IPO. Nxt required BTC to get into the IPO. Mintcoin requires GPUs or scrypt ASICs to get into the IPO (to get a reasonable stake in the IPO at least.)

Both BTC and GPUs/Scrypt ASICs cost money. If anything Mintcoin is unfairly spread more so to GPU/Scrypt ASIC farm owners than to the rest of the community. Not everyone mines and has large mining farms... this still creates what someone could call an "unfair" distribution. Sure, with Nxt you had to pay BTC to be in the IPO, but still with Mintcoin you need to buy mining hardware or already have it. I don't see a big difference there...

IMO, most people claim Nxt is "unfair" because they didn't have the foresight to invest in the IPO and are somewhat envious that they missed the boat. For the record, I am one of those people... can't believe I missed out on Nxt.  Angry

But, I would not consider Nxt unfair... everyone had a chance to invest in it. It's akin to how some people call Bitcoin unfair due to early adopters getting rich...

PS: My answer to your question is NXT > Mintcoin. They got a nice head start and are leaps and bounds ahead of mintcoin as far as developing features on top of the base PoS algorithm. Although the method for distribution is different, Mintcoin looks like a copy cat of Nxt if you ignore that factor.
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:56:26 AM

Unfortunately, when you ask a question like this you're really just asking people to steer you into buying the coin they want you to buy. You really need to research the different coins yourself. There is a lot of inaccurate information in this thread already.

\
dharmapuriharithaa

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:06:08 AM

I would invest in mint coin.

j23a

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:34:17 PM

I would go with either two. I mean, with all these alt coins, I think it's best to stick with the top coins. Consider Nem coin when it comes out in a couple of months, it's starting out with 3,000 active stake holders, vs NXT 73. So it's subject to less manipulation, and the amount of people who have a stake means it's going to be pretty popular right off the bat. And buying at the beginning will give you the best returns, if my logic of it becoming big is correct. So look into that coin.

Edit: I have a Nemcoin stake, so take that into consideration.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
j23a

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:36:22 PM

Mint coin is good too. But already a few weeks old, that's why I think it's a good idea to wait and buy Nem when it's a few days old. But I like Mint coin.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
lumierre

Activity: 862

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:40:22 PM

Software development in NXT is very fast - faster than Bitcoin or any other altcoin out there. That's about the only reason I'm hooked into it.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:54:12 PM

Diversify and invest in both. Mintcoin market cap is a lot cheaper so has more room for future gains.

Just be sure to avoid the cheap clones eg NEM or Darkcoin etc.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 01:41:28 PM

Neither, but if you have to pick one go for Mintcoin.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
minerfool

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:00:38 PM

go with mintcoin .... you wont get anything forging NXT unless you hold millions.
It's also very buggy, just go read their thread if you dare:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.0

Mintcoin will get you 20% first year.

hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:48:22 PM

None of them... Both have falling potential. Not being traded for bagrain prices = possible loss.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:59:09 PM

If you have to ask the question, I would advise you not to invest in either lol

Producer
XbladeX
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:35:59 AM

Software development in NXT is very fast - faster than Bitcoin or any other altcoin out there. That's about the only reason I'm hooked into it.
Fast development Smiley sure but they have high intrest rate from 1NXT fees so they can afford to full time development.
Other coin consists mostly form volunteers like BTC so is hard to compare both sides.
But as i said what with that fees 1-nxt per each cut - nxt operating range.
Now 1 nxt price 0,5$ .
Transaction fee 0.5% of value is reasonable that is why Bitcoin is better over paypal,westernunion in sending money or  buying, selling items eg. prepaid cards.
In short for me that mean i need buy goods over 100$ to make it sense, in other cases i would like use some other coin with lower fees.
For companies 1Nxt fee every time is like throwing away money in world where everywhere they cut costs so real companies will avoid it.
The higher price NXT is the more useless that coin start to be in real life when it have 1nxt transaction fee.
Are nxt devs planing lower transaction fees or sth else to deal with that ?

IMO nxt version with stable 1% inflation annual but little fees is much more superior than 1nxt constant fee.
That transacion fee fee is bottle next for it Tongue.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:39:24 AM

If you're searching for a fairly distributed coin then have a look at NEM.

What makes NEM fairly distributed? Just asking for info
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 04:04:30 AM

mining started off and was originally envisioned with people using home computers to support the network, but an arms race ensued and now it takes large investments in computers that are searching semi-pointlessly to solve problems that don't really mean much.  that is a lot of wasted, energy, computer power, and electricity.  mining had a real necessity in the early days but now is a system grown out of control via greed.  coins are meant exactly to combat this kind of thing.  with an IPO or mining a party needs an initial investment to get in, but with an IPO person doesn't need a minimum 10,000 dollars as an initial investment, they can put in 100 or 5 or 5000.  which sounds better to a new person wanting to test the waters? cryptocurrencies only live on right now out of speculation, but at some point for them to live, they will need to live on because they are actually being used by real people daily.  NXT was a far more fair distribution in reality than bitcoin or probably most any other serious coin.  it also has a more environmentally sane way of maintaining the network, which goes back to the original intentions. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: