Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:35:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am predicting a spike above $3  (Read 10618 times)
Dan The Man (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 04:10:10 PM

Since the price plummeted through $3 a few days ago, everyone buying has been scared and looking for some stability before they go back in. As confidence in stability rises it's going to lead to a lot of buyers jumping back onto the wagon in the next 24 hours, spiking up to something like $3.5, right where the price would have been if it continued falling at the steady rate it has all month. Then it'll settle in by Sunday and stay above $3 for a few days.

Same thing happened Sep 12 and Aug 18.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 04:40:28 PM

thats entirely possible. people buying at current levels have a -10% to -15% tight stop loss at 2$ and higher return opportunities towards 3.5-5 $.

It just needs a trigger.

mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 04:47:08 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2011, 07:13:29 PM by mjcmurfy

Uggh. Why do people never learn???

Will it happen, won't it happen? Will it go up, will it go down? Maybe it will go sideways, then diagonally for a while, and bounce off these funky little lines I have drawn on this colorful log chart. Surely this is inevitable! I mean, it's a LOG CHART!! I'll just post about it and give some tentative circumstantial evidence to support my claim. Oh wait, there's a manipulator in the market, we're all fucked! It's all over people, just sell sell sell. NO, wait!!! BUY BUY BUY... now sell. Yep, it's fucked, it's a giant ponzi scheme. Or is it? Hmmm....

Just STOP will you?! PLEASE, I am literally begging. All you traders and speculators make my blood boil.
You can't predict shit, so stop deluding yourselves. I'm avoiding this subforum from now on.

Go and do some real work for once in your bloody lives!

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 05:16:10 PM

thats entirely possible. people buying at current levels have a -10% to -15% tight stop loss at 2$ and higher return opportunities towards 3.5-5 $.

It just needs a trigger.

Your assuming that the $2.00 bid wall will hold up. As history has shown, once this bidwalls takes some selling pressure it will be pulled out and set lower. You will then have a far lager downside than $2.00.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 05:38:22 PM

The bid wall means that we aren't going to see a spike.  Relax, everyone.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 05:54:11 PM

Will it happen, won't it happen? Will it go up, will it go down? Maybe it will go sideways, then diagonally for a while, and bounce off these funky little lines I have drawn on this colorful log chart. Surely this is inevitable! I mean, it's a LOG CHART!! I'll just post about it and give some tentative circumstantial evidence to support my claim. Oh wait, there's a manipulator in the market, we're all fucked! It's all over people, just sell sell sell. NO, wait!!! BUY BUY BUY... now sell. Yep, it's fucked, it's a giant ponzi scheme. Or is it? Hmmm....

Just STOP will you?! PLEASE, I am literally begging. All you traders and speculators make my blood boil. You can't predict shit, so stop deluding yourselves. I'm avoiding this subforum from now on.

I'll bet the price will DEFINITELY move within the next day, week or month.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Crypt_Current

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 05:55:13 PM

The bid wall means that we aren't going to see a spike.  Relax, everyone.

Unless it magically evaporates, which LOL could NEVER happen...

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 05:55:29 PM

It just needs a trigger.

Your assuming that the $2.00 bid wall will hold up. As history has shown, once this bidwalls takes some selling pressure it will be pulled out and set lower. You will then have a far lager downside than $2.00.

From watching it last night, even when it spiked down to 2.05, the wall didn't move.  Infact it got a little bigger.  Just an observation.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 05:55:48 PM

Just STOP will you?! PLEASE, I am literally begging. All you traders and speculators make my blood boil. You can't predict shit, so stop deluding yourselves. I'm avoiding this subforum from now on.

+1

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 06:00:22 PM

+1

... he clicked on  Speculation, and he doesn't want to see anyone Speculate. hmmmm..... interesting NOT

Crypt_Current

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 06:08:42 PM

+1

... he clicked on  Speculation, and he doesn't want to see anyone Speculate. hmmmm..... interesting NOT

Right; sort of like walking into a tavern and asking everyone to please stop drinking and get a life... lol

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 06:17:19 PM

+1

Right; sort of like walking into a tavern and asking everyone to please stop drinking and get a life... lol

If you're going to speculate though, speculate.  Don't sit on the fence and say 'it could do this or it could do that'.  Which is it?  Pick something and defend it.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 07:20:34 PM

$2 has been a very strong support level so far. I also think that it's fairly likely we'll see a short term bounce soon.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 07:21:58 PM

$2 has been a very strong support level so far. I also think that it's fairly likely we'll see a short term bounce soon.

We've had these strong support levels at any psychological number.  Every single one breaks because someone sells out into it, or is cancelled. 
It'll be going down today, I can feel it.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Litt

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 07:42:29 PM

We've had these strong support levels at any psychological number.  Every single one breaks because someone sells out into it, or is cancelled. 
It'll be going down today, I can feel it.

I want to see a rally because I support bitcoin, but if this is the capitulation part of the correction then I think there is much more way down to go before we come back up for air.

People know price of bitcoin does not effect bitcoin's functionality as a currency in any way. They can still do everything they were doing with bitcoin regardless if the prices were at $32 or $1. Just means it's too volatile to put your money in it as an investment right now which is exactly why people are and have been pulling out for a long time. Why would anyone invest in bitcoins on a downtrend when you can put the same money into something with the trend in your favor? Only if you need to use bitcoin as a form of currency to do something with it in the near terms, would someone buy some at current volatile downward climate.

Your observation of every tiny rally getting killed is very true because more and more people are realizing the very same thing and adding to it.

If this drop is to be the opposite of the rise to $32 then we haven't even started sadly. It doesn't mean we won't come back to $2 to stabilize after it's over, but I would suspect we will go down below the actually bottom before coming back up to finding it as the bitcoin economy demands push the price back up where it belongs.
mjcmurfy

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 07:48:47 PM

Your "speculation" is destroying the long term feasibility of bitcoin. We are just coming out of a massive speculative bubble and you all just keep going without batting an eyelid. How many times do you have to get burned before you learn that speculation is not going to get you anywhere? It contributes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the bitcoin economy, it is a simple matter of spinning numbers around all day, and getting lucky when you serendipitously manage to spin your numbers that little bit better than others. And for what? A measly 0.5% or thereabouts? It's a joke.

I have the right to come in here and point out how stupid your behavior is, because you are ruining this project for the rest of us with your greed and short term profit motives. You have no idea what you are talking about, yet still manage to spew an endless supply of bullshit and misinformation.

Forget MtGox, forget tradehill. Get your bitcoins by mining them or providing goods/services in return for them. That is the only productive way to grow the bitcoin economy. Speculation is a zero sum game, and taking money from unsuspecting, gullible people is not morally justifiable. Therefore, I have ZERO time for speculators, except of course to lambast them.

The sad thing is, I see very little evidence of anybody here making decent returns from it. Why are you all so willing to hand your money over to people who are much smarter than you? These people couldn't even be bothered to post here and thank all you all for being such good lemmings.

You people contribute absolutely nothing. All you want is short term gains, and you don't give a shit how you get there.
If it means you take the whole bitcoin project down with you, so be it.

I need to get a life? Take a long hard look in the mirror.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 07:53:45 PM

Your "speculation" is destroying the long term feasibility of bitcoin.

How the fuck is talking about "Hey, how much you guys think x will be worth by y" destroying bitcoin?

Speculation is the name of the game for anything.  Guessing what is gonna happen tomorrow is what everyone bases their lives around - and plan accordingly. Sometimes they work out - sometimes they don't.  But 'lambasting' people for doing what any other rational or curious person does is silly.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
wormbog

Activity: 561

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 08:04:30 PM

Forget MtGox, forget tradehill. Get your bitcoins by mining them or providing goods/services in return for them. That is the only productive way to grow the bitcoin economy. Speculation is a zero sum game, and taking money from unsuspecting, gullible people is not morally justifiable. Therefore, I have ZERO time for speculators, except of course to lambast them.

I stopped mining recently when the price dropped below $3. I'm interested in the price speculation thread because I want to gain whatever insight I can into when price/difficulty will make mining feasible again. It's not about making a quick buck, it's about not wasting electricity for me.

Also, if the bitcoin economy can be fatally damaged by speculation it has no hope of widespread adoption in the future. There's no moral issue here, so settle down.
mjcmurfy

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 10:07:17 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2011, 10:25:43 PM by mjcmurfy

Also, if the bitcoin economy can be fatally damaged by speculation it has no hope of widespread adoption in the future. There's no moral issue here, so settle down.

Look at the housing market in the US, the dot-com crash in the 90's, see what is happening in Europe, just open your eyes a bit. Speculative asset bubbles destroy markets and bankrupt nations. We patch over the problems, and create new bubbles so the speculators can make more profit without anyone realizing the devastation left in their wake.

You think bitcoin is so special that it cannot be harmed by the same processes? The PR damage caused by the deflating bubble alone could be enough to set the project back for years. I had hope that bitcoin was going to save us from this global speculative madness, but it seems like the exact same irrational psychology dominates. There has been no shift in people's mindset, no elevation of their thinking, just the same old bullshit. We certainly have a ways to go before people get it in their thick skulls.

No moral issue? Whatever helps you sleep at night my friend.
If you put a blindfold on then punch a child in the face, is it ok as long as you can't see what you are doing?

Maybe I am over-reacting, but there is just so much nonsense touted around it's hard to keep a cool composure.
Anyway, like I said, I am done with this subforum. There is nothing worth reading in here.

Dan The Man (OP)

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 11:22:45 PM

So you are saying that individuals should not pursue personal gain, but rather they should refuse to exchange money for other valued items at a variable exchange rate because it hurts the market.

Ok, you have convinced me that I should no longer speculate on the value of bitcoin. Since I have no other use for a virtual currency, I will be getting out of bitcoins alltogether. I will continue to buy my groceries with dollars because that's what I'm paid in and that's what the supermarket accepts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: