Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:18:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [VMC] Unofficial Virtual Mining Corporation Discussion  (Read 10833 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:47:25 PM

It's almost been six month and still no refund from Ken. No one answers the phone or emails. Is anyone else getting any luck getting a hold of Ken or anyone at VMC.

Try their Securities thread or just use the following details to report them: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=462370.msg7272008#msg7272008

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magzy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:52:52 AM

It appears that ken has gone underground and is not answering any mails or PM's.

It appears I was correct in cautioning against dealing with this fraud.
arousedrhino

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:47:44 AM

Thought this might be appropriate to post in this thread. Idk if you will get a refund but maybe.

Virtual Mining Corporation

Bitcoin Pre-Order Refund Agreement

I hereby agree for my pre-order equipment ordered from Virtual Mining Corporation paid is USD or bitcoins to be refunded to the bitcoin address below converted at the current coinbase.com buy price at the time the refund is issued.  I agree that this will be a full repayment of Virtual Minings obgation to you.  Refund will be processed within 7 business days.

Name:
Address:
City:
State:

Order ID:
Order Date:
Total amount of order in USD:
Bitcoin Refund Address:

I hereby agree the above terms:

Sign and scan the above agreement and email to btcrefunds@virtualminingcorp.com
profhell

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:15:26 PM

OK .. so here's what this Ken Slaughter con artist did to me: ordered 10 of Fast-Hash One Gold Rush boards when they advertised 30 to be available in stock.

Three weeks later today, there's the usual no response. E-mails, messages on the order trail, their voicemails, you name it. Zilch. All demanding a refund or the equipment.

The bastards are just a bunch of con artists, and I have to admit I've been conned.  Still .. I've been around the world and in business long enough to not let anyone get away with even a single ounce of my gold, let alone $8,722.00 in cash.

So here's what I'm doing: contacted the Missouri Attorney General's office, who advised that this is a C 7 felony in Missouri, which carries a maximum prison sentence of 7 years.

I've also contacted a law firm in Missouri to bring criminal proceedings against these crooks; I don't care if it ends up costing $100K - I will see these bastards behind bars or get my money, damages and interest in full.

If anyone's interested in joining and has credible evidence (I know I do), then PM me.
magzy (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:36:50 PM

They are giving out refunds now. Just fill out the form you were mailed and send it back to them... Albeit Bitcoin at current exchange rate... He's not a con artist just a fumbling fuckwit. No excuse though. He is breaking the law. Be persistent
profhell

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:23:43 PM

Herein lies the problem: a) it was not a pre-order, but one for in-stock items and b) I have not received anything, at all, let alone a refund form.

Fumbling fuckwit, love that!!.  Still, he's picked the wrong man to mess with.

Much appreciate your feedback.

They are giving out refunds now. Just fill out the form you were mailed and send it back to them... Albeit Bitcoin at current exchange rate... He's not a con artist just a fumbling fuckwit. No excuse though. He is breaking the law. Be persistent
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:28:09 PM

Herein lies the problem: a) it was not a pre-order, but one for in-stock items and b) I have not received anything, at all, let alone a refund form.

Fumbling fuckwit, love that!!.  Still, he's picked the wrong man to mess with.

Much appreciate your feedback.

Here's some info,

Wood Law at the bottom would be closer to what you need I believe.

MSD Info:

Shawn Hagerty
Investigator
Missouri Secretary of State, Securities Division
600 W. Main St., Box 1276
Jefferson City, MO  65102
573-526-3901
573-526-3124 (fax)
shawn.hagerty@sos.mo.gov

Scott Johnson
Investigator
Missouri Secretary of State, Securities Division
600 W. Main St., Box 1276
Jefferson City, MO  65102
573-751-4704
scott.johnson@sos.mo.gov

Missouri Securities Contact Information Page

Wood Law Info:

http://www.woodlaw.com/cases/virtual-mining-corporation-and-active-mining-corporation
888-237-0999
1100 Main Street, Suite 1800, Kansas City, Missouri 64105
1736 E. Sunshine Street, Suite 209, Springfield, Missouri 65804
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:14:12 AM

Almost 1 year waiting for hardware, waiting 3 months for a refund, and he builds/ships new hardware to new customers (Goldstrikes). I mean... WTF. Meanwhile he builds a 100 Th farm for his shareholders. I need to decide if it's time to cut the losses, or continue with litigation. I already contacted Wood Law, but if Ken keeps this ponzi going much longer, there may be nothing left by the time that goes through the courts. I am well familiar with Ponzis as a company I worked for was subcontracted by 2 of them in the past couple years and they stiffed us on the bill. There will be a lot of creditors in this case.. shareholders and customers etcetra. If this is what I think it is there is likely going to be nothing left and Ken will likely go to jail (unless he disappears with what's left.)

I gotta admit I was totally wrong about Ken.. it is sad because I wanted to give him a chance to deliver. Sad

The only thing about the refunds is he makes you sign a form saying you'll take the current BTC exchange rate locked in at USD price for the hardware. It seems possible that I could sign that and send it to him, him still not give me a refund, and then bring it up in court that I agreed to a USD refund.

I imagine Wood Law will be pushing for a full BTC refund, as that is how it's worked in the past (HashFast case.) Hash Fast specifically promised refunds with full BTC, so I'm not sure if this case is different. I have read one person say that the orders have always been locked in USD as to getting refunds, but I'm not sure that's the case. Why would Ken make us sign that form then?

Can we get a count of how many people have been successful getting refunds? I have read hearsay that someone has already received a refund. So, we'll start the count with 1.

Can I get some opinions as what to do? I am not a lawyer... also I think someone should send Wood Law an email about this. I don't think it's good if we all contact them at once.. just one person send them the refund form and ask their opinion as what to do. I'm not sure why they haven't contacted me back yet after filling out that form on their website..
magzy (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:22:20 AM

I got a refund but only 6 months and asking for it about 250 times.

Worst consumer experience ever.

Go to woodlaw - fill out their form and take the mother fucker ken to court and get him into prison where he can't cause any more shit ever again.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:26:50 PM

I got a refund but only 6 months and asking for it about 250 times.

Worst consumer experience ever.

Go to woodlaw - fill out their form and take the mother fucker ken to court and get him into prison where he can't cause any more shit ever again.

Well, honestly I don't want to take him to court. I know people will though, and it may be the only chance I have to recover the money. At this point I would prefer a refund, either in USD or full BTC, but this isn't the first time he has said he is giving out refunds, so I'm not sure how genuine the refund offer is. I would like to hear from anyone else that has actually been successful getting a refund. You are the only person so far that has said they have.
lenart_o

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:15:58 AM

Hi
I created a new topic for clients VMC
to see how a new form of refund from VMC working,
I would like this to see if it is not the next form of scam,
here it is:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678050

BR