Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:13:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's stop comparing Bitcoin to Ethereum or any other Cryptos  (Read 20457 times)
4rzun4

Activity: 620
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:50:48 AM

They will definitely continue to compare between Bitcoin, Ethereum or other cryptos, because everyone will always try to know the development of Bitcoin, Ethereum or cryptos to be able to determine which choice they should buy and can generate profits for them. Every person who invests will always see that comparison and I think that comparison is not something that should be disputed because it is part of the way someone can convince themselves in choosing the investment they will make.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 02:00:15 AM

I don't think that those sell offs is due to the comparisons that are being done in the community. It's only a result where everyone panics so I don't really think that will be a cause of the dump. They are just FOMOing so they are selling. And about the comparisons of bitcoin to ETH or to any altcoin, that comparison is nowhere to go. Just ignore those people that keeps on comparing bitcoin and altcoin.
Comparing this two top coin is nothing to do with their purpose and capabilities

Bitcoin being created thru blockchain its unfair to be compared to other altcoins they have their own functions specially in future when the mass adoption happens worldwide

And your right mate about the affect on the prices from the comparison,crypto prices moves thre investors,by the law of demand and supply
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 02:26:37 AM

Actually I think that it's other way around. All other coins are compared with Bitcoin and Bitcoin price has always been some referent value for other cryptocurrencies. Sometimes people estimate how other coins have come to the Bitcoin value and adoption or how much are they growing on the market, more or leas than Bitcoin but still I think that Bitcoin is and will stay central coin in the market and every other coin that ever appear will be compared with Bitcoin as the first and most successful cryptocurrency.
I don't think this is a problem, we know that bitcoin is the price base for all crypto, so they are free to compare any coins with bitcoin. like XRP vs Bitcoin, or Stellar vs bitcoin and so on. as long as it's in the cryptocurrency or payment method, it's not a problem
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 08:23:02 PM

You are right, all crypto coins are very different comparing them does not make much sense. And if you are in doubt, what coin to buy - choose bitcoin. You're right.
Patron92

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 08:39:47 PM

It is quite useful to compare bitcoin with other coins and all altcoins. So you will better understand the crypto market. The main thing to understand is that all coins are different and each of them is good in its own way.
Dondisimo

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 08:45:30 PM

You can compare them as much as you want, as long as it has a positive impact on your investment. Still, even after a long comparison, many choose Bitcoin, and Ethereum remains in second place.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
pussyhunter6969

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 08:50:21 PM

Comparison is the eternal problem of man. We can not stop them, just listen to them and filter the information.

plus everything needs to improve, improvement needs comparison, if not with competition then with itself.

WebTera

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 08:58:23 PM

I do not consider it necessary to compare these two technologies - Bitcoin and Ethereum - because they are completely different. Each has its own advantages. Moreover, you do not have to choose one of them, you can distribute your investment budget between the two, in a convenient percentage for you.
trashman43

Activity: 298

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 09:06:39 PM

Bitcoin represents the pioneer of cryptocurrencies and most crypto coins are basically compared to it due to this reason.  I think its health to compare ethereum to bitcoin because both indicates how well the crypto ecosystem is growing.

electron-coin

Activity: 521

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 09:49:49 PM

This is a good idea. Unfortunately  Internet (as well as this forum) is full of similar comparisons. People really just share their ignorance with each other.
Paying attention at this point, we can conclude that people need to be more familiar with the technology itself (as well as all newcomers must first deal with this).
I know that a lot of people came to the crypto world only because they wanted to get rich quickly and effortlessly. This unfortunately demonstrates the fact of how lazy people are.
Personally I, before thinking about any purchases and sales, I studied the essence of technology, then I began to conduct a fundamental analysis of major currencies, and only after that I figured out how to buy them and start trading them.
In my opinion, the steps that I took made predetermined my place in crypto trading. All that I can do now for others is to write in those  "comparative" topics that it is impossible to compare currencies, which, incidentally, I do  Wink

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 03:17:12 AM

Well we can't blame this people because most of them want to earn profit by comparing their altcoins to bitcoin. I see this scenario most of the time that their project is more convenient because of their lower fees and faster transaction speed compare to bitcoin. Most of the project that claims this didn't prove anything yet and i don't think that any altcoins can bring down bitcoin on the top spot anytime soon.

Honnet43

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:35:22 AM

It seems to me that this is not entirely rational. On the contrary, you need to analyze and compare everything. If you do not do this and keep only one Bitcoin, then you can lose money. Prevalence to something alone, a certain conservatism, is good. But when something new comes in, you always have to reckon with it, even if you don’t want to do it.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:07:05 PM

I always see this thread BTC vs. ETH and others, I don't know what is on their mind that bitcoin is the mother of all other crypto currencies, so I'm not interested in getting into the thread that compares it, I also firmly say once again all crypto currencies have a pair with BTC in an exchange site

That is never going to stop, I know that some people are tired of seeing threads like that in the forum, but as long as those two coins are at the top of the market cap then you are going to see comparisons among them and this is especially true since many believers in ETH have maintained for a long time that ETH is going to eventually surpass BTC.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:24:07 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 11:56:52 PM by shesheboy

Bitcoin is the king for all of altcoin and never could by have the same price all of altcoin with bitcoin, never try for comparing between bitcoin and ethereum price because its never could be happen and never ethereum have the same price with bitcoin.

king of alts is etherium not btc because btc is not an altcoin . btc is a crypto , the king of all cryptos  . they compare not only because of the price but also on the specs of the coins . we know that it is almost impossible for other cryptos to surpass btc in terms of value but they can beat btc if we based on their performance .

I always see this thread BTC vs. ETH and others, I don't know what is on their mind that bitcoin is the mother of all other crypto currencies, so I'm not interested in getting into the thread that compares it

there is nothing wrong about comparing crypto's . if you dont want to engage in these kind of discussions  then feel free to ignore the op or the whole board instead  .
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 10:18:56 PM

You can't stop people from comparing those cryptocurrencies they don't know what is the difference. I would say that you should just ignore them and move on with your life. Dumping is happening because investors and hope for something are not enough. Without any new development, no new investors would hold.
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:15:13 AM

I have to admit that i also don’t like when people compared btc to ethereum. This doesn’t seem necessary cuz they are already different. People started to act like this is just a race between bitcoin and ethereum. So it’s kinda ridiciluous. I believe both are very good in their own way, i prefer to hold both.
Yes.I also do the same.I don't see them as great competitors because they can be of great benefits once their prices have already increased.I used to hold them both not just in the past but even up to the present.Btc and ethereum are perfect combination for a good investment because they both give huge profits in time.

Bitcoin should not compare with others altcoin because its different purpose. Most altcoin are utility token and a few coin want to duplicate bitcoin. Bitcoin is still powerful in cryptomarket and should not compare with others because its reflected on market cap value and liquidity
mostcrack

Activity: 548
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:41:29 PM

yes I agree because after all bitcoin will still be on top of other altcoins. we see in some exchanges, the most dominating to exchange only to BTC. and we cannot stop this comparison, because there are still many people who are curious about this.

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
Ompyon

Activity: 715
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 06:59:31 PM

maybe you see it like that, comparison is the cause of those who don't know to be easily shaken in making choices about what coins they will save or trade in, but on the other hand the comparison can also serve to encourage people to choose the best coins according to trends and market capitalization

]
miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 08:29:49 PM

I think that can be to compare only those crypto, which in than similar. But still, any crypto is individual. Therefore, you can only compare crypto in some similar parameters.

oktana

Activity: 1596
Merit: 281

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 10:27:58 PM

Coin dumping occurs because FUD occurs in a number of large communities that can move the market so that it makes some panic for market users who do not have a community and that will continue because Crypto is actually a commodity not a real company that runs with active production.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀