Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:25:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin X | A Global Solution For Scaling Issues [ANN]  (Read 21686 times)
silverdelange

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:39:52 PM

When and where can we buy?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Orcbull

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:22:30 PM

When is your airdrop ..when are you going to guve your airdrop?
silverdelange

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:35:58 AM

Are there an working wallets? I don't feel safe leaving bought coins on Stellarport.
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:32:23 PM

Somehow reminds me about the Segwit2x Bitcoin fork announcement ....  Roll Eyes
fearisfearless

Activity: 250
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:54:57 PM

Are there an working wallets? I don't feel safe leaving bought coins on Stellarport.

Are you aware that when you use "wallets" or better termed interfaces like Interstaller.exchange or Stellarport.io, they are not holding and you are not leaving your coins on their site? They are simply an interface to the SDEX. All of your coins are in your wallet. They aren't a centralized exchange like Binance that holds both your public and private key.
silverdelange

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 04:58:15 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2018, 08:30:19 AM by silverdelange

Are you aware that when you use "wallets" or better termed interfaces like Interstaller.exchange or Stellarport.io, they are not holding and you are not leaving your coins on their site? They are simply an interface to the SDEX. All of your coins are in your wallet. They aren't a centralized exchange like Binance that holds both your public and private key.

Hi. I did not know that, thank you very much for the info. Still quite new to cryptocurrency so all advice is appreciated.
frogpoet

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 06:21:03 AM

I notice that in your whitepaper you state, in section 1.2.2 "Transaction Processing speed comparison" :

"Estimates say that there are over 1400 cryptocurrencies...if we compare the transaction speeds that is offered by existing transaction mechanisms (visa, PayPal ) that facilitate transactions for fiat currencies we see that in practicality none of the cryptocurrencies are even close to their transaction processing speeds."

I believe this is factually not correct - to improve the whitepaper, I would suggest that you consider the bitcore currency in your comparison. Their TPS (transactions per second) has been measured at 550 TPS - see section 3.2.3 of their white paper here : https://bitcore.cc/eco-system-2/white-paper/ . This would place them as the third fastest payment option in your chart, between Ripple (1500 TPS) and Paypal (200 TPS)  [interestingly, their white paper lists Paypal at 115 TPS "at least". also, they list VISA at 1700 TPS, versus your quoted speed of 24,000 TPS, while your chart puts it at about 2400 TPS - i assume the 24,000 is a typo and you meant 2400]

coincidentally, their ticker is BTX - the same as yours (!). They've been listed on exchanges and CMC for quite some time so you might want to come to an agreement with them on distinguishing the two tickers.

they don't handle smart contracts in contrast to your coin, since they are a hybrid fork of bitcoin while you are a fork of stellar lumens. So there is room for both coins in this world, i believe. by the way, you list your speed under section 3.4 "Scalability" of your whitepaper, as 1000 operations per second. i'm not sure how to compare an "operation" in stellar lumens-speak with a "transaction" in bitcore-speak. in section 3.1 "Fast Transactions" you state that "A transaction on the network consists of one or more operations. Payments, offers, and fees are all examples of operations that could make up a single transaction."  So one transaction equals one or more operations. If we assume that on average one transaction equals 2 operations, then the statement "1000 operations per second" in stellar lumens-speak would be equivalent to "500 transactions per second" in bitcore speak, which would make them roughly equivalent in speed. i'm not trying to say that one is better than the other in terms of speed, i'm simply trying to compare them. It may be that they cannot be directly compared with regards to speed since they have defined different units with which to compare those speeds.

in any case - your stats are quite impressive. i'm going to keep an eye on both you guys (bitcoin x) and bitcore, as you both compare favorably to most of the other coins out there.

ethereumnews

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

PM me for posting ANN.

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 08:45:31 PM

We now have Ethereum X as well. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5066343.0  Roll Eyes
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:03:55 PM

I notice that in your whitepaper you state, in section 1.2.2 "Transaction Processing speed comparison" :

"Estimates say that there are over 1400 cryptocurrencies...if we compare the transaction speeds that is offered by existing transaction mechanisms (visa, PayPal ) that facilitate transactions for fiat currencies we see that in practicality none of the cryptocurrencies are even close to their transaction processing speeds."

I believe this is factually not correct - to improve the whitepaper, I would suggest that you consider the bitcore currency in your comparison. Their TPS (transactions per second) has been measured at 550 TPS - see section 3.2.3 of their white paper here : https://bitcore.cc/eco-system-2/white-paper/ . This would place them as the third fastest payment option in your chart, between Ripple (1500 TPS) and Paypal (200 TPS)  [interestingly, their white paper lists Paypal at 115 TPS "at least". also, they list VISA at 1700 TPS, versus your quoted speed of 24,000 TPS, while your chart puts it at about 2400 TPS - i assume the 24,000 is a typo and you meant 2400]

coincidentally, their ticker is BTX - the same as yours (!). They've been listed on exchanges and CMC for quite some time so you might want to come to an agreement with them on distinguishing the two tickers.

they don't handle smart contracts in contrast to your coin, since they are a hybrid fork of bitcoin while you are a fork of stellar lumens. So there is room for both coins in this world, i believe. by the way, you list your speed under section 3.4 "Scalability" of your whitepaper, as 1000 operations per second. i'm not sure how to compare an "operation" in stellar lumens-speak with a "transaction" in bitcore-speak. in section 3.1 "Fast Transactions" you state that "A transaction on the network consists of one or more operations. Payments, offers, and fees are all examples of operations that could make up a single transaction."  So one transaction equals one or more operations. If we assume that on average one transaction equals 2 operations, then the statement "1000 operations per second" in stellar lumens-speak would be equivalent to "500 transactions per second" in bitcore speak, which would make them roughly equivalent in speed. i'm not trying to say that one is better than the other in terms of speed, i'm simply trying to compare them. It may be that they cannot be directly compared with regards to speed since they have defined different units with which to compare those speeds.

in any case - your stats are quite impressive. i'm going to keep an eye on both you guys (bitcoin x) and bitcore, as you both compare favorably to most of the other coins out there.

White papers are only part of the story. Let them run some serious tests under reasonable conditions and see whether they meet their goals. More often than not projects fail to achieve what they put in their white papers.
silverdelange

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:14:07 PM

We now have Ethereum X as well. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5066343.0  Roll Eyes

To be honest I think both these coins are scams. If you want to promote your coin you should be active in the discussions, but no comments from the OP in days. I feel sorry for the people that were caught.
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:02:10 PM

To be honest I think both these coins are scams. If you want to promote your coin you should be active in the discussions, but no comments from the OP in days. I feel sorry for the people that were caught.

Strong likelihood that it is the same group of people behind Bitcoin X which is now also behind Ethereum X.
ac1905

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:50:17 PM

"Please read the pinned message. We've stopped the old Airdrop due to too many cheaters.
We will let you know how we will move on. For now, pls participate in our other Campaigns."

On their Telegram Bot.

What other campaigns are available and will the Airdrop return?
ethereumnews

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

PM me for posting ANN.

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:44:43 PM

Strong likelihood that it is the same group of people behind Bitcoin X which is now also behind Ethereum X.

I posted the ANN of Ethereum X and can confirm I was not approached by Bitcoin X team earlier. So there are two different teams. The team members are quite active on the ETX telegram.
digitalblock

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 02:41:16 PM

It is too suspicious when such coincidences occur, especially when the 2 coins are similar in name. this is a bad sign.

We now have Ethereum X as well. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5066343.0  Roll Eyes
bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 02:54:21 PM

It is too suspicious when such coincidences occur, especially when the 2 coins are similar in name. this is a bad sign.

We now have Ethereum X as well. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5066343.0  Roll Eyes

Nothing suspicious if some projects have similar this is not a sign of worry because both are crap and have no future so let them continue very soon they will die. We are in very hard situation where legit projects having bad time than this kind of projects will lost under this shadow.
mkilla

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 07:26:39 PM

When Bitcoin Cash X ?!?    Huh
okane919

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:59:33 AM

What is Bitcoin X?
Bitcoin X is an asset running on Stellar platform that aims to accomplish the Satoshi's vision under a scalable way on the 10th anniversary of Bitcoin itself.
Why choose Stellar over Ethereum?
There are also numerous issues regarding scalability on Ethereum's blockchain. We choose Stellar because its growing acceptance around the crypto community in the development of smart contracts SSC. We also want to bring to the community of eBTC and the one who believe Satoshi's peer-to-peer cash system a true scalable payment method but with transparency and real development behind.

Great concept.
Rassclot

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 12:49:03 PM

2020 everyone will regret they didn't buy now. Good project.

I started solo mining before majority of the family even knew it was a thing.

I'm getting the same feeling now.

This will be big trust. Not a shill not even buying it cause I've got enough but thank me later.

056n3X7gd7si930b@kronos.io
Netommi

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 12:06:31 AM

I really like the transaction speed of BTX. in the future people who don't have BTX or BTX dumper will regret it.
funcho

Activity: 153
Merit: 2

do your own research

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 08:27:41 PM

I like the idea of using the stellar plattform
I bought mobi and soon btx because it's the future

https://bit.ly/bittmex
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: