Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:49:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The price appears to be going steadiliy up, time to buy in?  (Read 795 times)
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:35:19 PM

I've been examining the price of BTC since August 9 2018. It has been very up and down. By as much as 10% at times.
I was waiting for this next dip of ~10% before buying in and Holding....  but it's looking to me like it's breaking out of the up/down trend of late and quite steadily going up.
I've so far made a string of bad moves involving crypto..
Would you recommend buying in now at around 5720 euro, or waiting for it to (hopefully) dip down to 5400 euro again, as it has many times in the last two weeks.?
Thanks for any advise.

If you're concerned you could just stagger your buys over time to dollar cost average it. Trying to time the market can be tricky, but if you do it the way I mentioned you can avoid a lot of the guesswork.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ferde

Activity: 504
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:04:02 PM

Yes, this is a good opportunity. there are so many people who complain about the decline in bitcoin prices, even though behind this there are advantages / opportunities that we can take, we can buy coins when the price is cheap, and when the price goes up, we sell it.
mr.bean865

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:18:05 PM

Price used to fluctuate day after night. No one can guess what actual price will be. It will go up or go further down. All you can do is pray and keep trying your luck thanks
hokyman

Activity: 230
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:30:09 PM

it's better to buy it now, because I see bitcoin is up trand. if bitcoin can touch $6500 then the possibility of bitcoin prices will continue to increase.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:54:26 PM

i suggest if you have the money to buy now, waste no time and do that. no one can accurately predict the price of bitcoin. people only speculate about bitcoin rising and falling but we have seen lots of cases where these sepculations and predictions dont happen to show no one controls the price of bitcoin. buy when you can as there is profit to be made at any price you get bitcoin due to the great potentials it has.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:41:31 PM

of course this is a very good opportunity for you personally but for me not because I will wait in a few days to be more convincing, no one can predict prices in this scope because some people still don't believe that now is a good year for cryptocurrency , trying to support current prices both to take advantage of such trades and what is clear to hold for the long term for me is a good strategy to cut excessive losses, actually if you are smart in managing money there will be benefits in price fluctuations every day but I'm not a smart person in daily trading.
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:53:24 PM

if you are a person who believes in the potential of bitcoin as a future money
then don't mind in the short term
just focus on the long term
buy now rich later

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:13:17 AM

I think if we were going to 3500 like some have said we would have gotten there by now.  We seem to have an awesome base here in the 6,000 range.  I don't think we are going much below that. 

If your a long-term investor it doesn't matter if prices go to that 3500 for a short while because after that it can surely bounce back to much higher price. But if one wants to wait until it reaches that lower price level to enter the market then they may miss the opportunity to buy bitcoins. So it always good to start buying in small amounts from now so that you can get a best average price over the time.
ziac
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:59:59 AM

It really buzzes me up when people tend to jump whenever the price is rising good time to buy was when the prices are falling you need to catch red not run after the green

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:23:28 AM

If you're aiming just to gain,i guess need to wait until it goes down $5,500 but theres no assurance that it can go down that value or the train will come sooner than what you expected

But if you are here in this community to trust and support cryptocurrency before thinking about profit,then you must buy now to help the value grow and continuously make way for the growth we have all been waiting
tanzaholzmann

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:36:13 AM

I've been examining the price of BTC since August 9 2018. It has been very up and down. By as much as 10% at times.
I was waiting for this next dip of ~10% before buying in and Holding....  but it's looking to me like it's breaking out of the up/down trend of late and quite steadily going up.
Would you recommend buying in now at around 5720 euro, or waiting for it to (hopefully) dip down to 5400 euro again, as it has many times in the last two weeks.?
Thanks for any advise.

to be honest it's hard to predict, but I'm waiting at 5600 euros because I believe that the fast price fluctuations can go to 6000+ euros and if I fail to prepare this prediction, I have to use the second method, use trading signals and see other news
cryptic4000

Activity: 451
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:03:26 AM

I won't say that the price is increasing steadily since the fluctuations are happening on a daily basis but yeah I can say that the price is increasing slowly.
So it depends on what your aim is. If you want to make gains from the short term fluctuations or get the profits from the long term investments. For the short term gains you could probably wait a little so that the price takes a deeper dip and if for the long term then you can buy it at the current price as it not that bad as well.
If you want to be more secure, it is best not to invest in this market this year because 2018 is really a disappointment for the whole market. I believe that if you want to invest then this may be a good opportunity but I advise everyone to wait for the SEC's approval of the ETF to consider the investment because if the ETF is involved in this market then it will certainly attracting many investors around the world

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
MMS2017

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:48:15 AM

I think now the buying strategy id good and prices is circulating in $6400 round about but extra capital it is good to use it instead of holding capital with you and the price of crypto can be rise with in an hour or two in the future so you may get the return of it but now the behavior should be to buy now.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
feelingfroggy

Activity: 220
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:28:29 AM

I'm not sure if the time is right but this is no where big enough of a move to declare victory over the bear.  I would slowly get in to your positions instead of all in one huge shot.  Play it safe if your unsure. 

MyCryptoBank.io  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:51:31 AM

I was waiting for this next dip of ~10% before buying in and Holding....  but it's looking to me like it's breaking out of the up/down trend of late and quite steadily going up.
Thanks for any advise.

I think now is a good time to buy and hold to 2020. I feel the current world economy is going down, it has affected Crypto.
Cryptocurrency is a new trend and is well received by many investors. In the future, when the economy is recovered, the altcoins will begin to thrive.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 07:45:13 AM

I think it is good time to buy in since bitcoin seems bottoming right now, also despite many bad news it is still above $6000

btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:47:06 AM

IMO, bitcoin already in stable value.
Try to find the lowest value, you can use order buy when value x and sell when value x using sell order.
IMO, bitcoin still finding it's momentum !
Darz299

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:24:30 AM

Currently bitcoin prices are unstable, if you want to invest in the long term maybe the right time to buy bitcoin is when prices go down, but if you want to trade on day trading, you need precision in market strategy, when is the right time to buy and when the right one to sell. but according to the news the price of bitcoin starts to rise even though the price increase occurs slowly but is expected to continue to increase.
Siminarota

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:41:45 PM

Now only buy on altcoin alt prices are never stable
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:21:37 PM

Well, it was time to get in a month ago too when it reached $5.8k. The problem is not "when is it a good time to buy in", it is more "does people freak out when price goes down?" because there are a lot of people who sell right when price goes down even 100 dollars. I have a friend who bought at $6.4k the other day and got afraid and sold at $6.2k like a day later.

People are afraid that bitcoin will go below $5k or even below $4k. Those are the people we need to convince to get in, not us. To me I will always have some savings put aside in bitcoin because I believe in bitcoin and spend the rest for my living because I believe in the project. As long as bitcoin market is holding up above $6k levels then this must be a great buying opportunity to maximize our holding up to the level we are able to. Keep buying, bitcoin will never disappoint you.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: