Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:52:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The price appears to be going steadiliy up, time to buy in?  (Read 798 times)
thegoatiest (OP)

Activity: 200
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:11:33 AM

I've been examining the price of BTC since August 9 2018. It has been very up and down. By as much as 10% at times.
I was waiting for this next dip of ~10% before buying in and Holding....  but it's looking to me like it's breaking out of the up/down trend of late and quite steadily going up.
I've so far made a string of bad moves involving crypto..
Would you recommend buying in now at around 5720 euro, or waiting for it to (hopefully) dip down to 5400 euro again, as it has many times in the last two weeks.?
Thanks for any advise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:34:36 PM

it depends on the strategy that you are following.
if this is a strategy to make profit from short term fluctuations then make sure to buy in the dip. right now we are in the recovery phase so you are already late, there isn't a rally going on so buying now is not recommended.  also buying in the dip depends on its type, if it is just a silly dip because of FUD then buying at $6000 is recommended (convert it to euro on your own).

but if it is a longer term investment then the same rules apply but with a lot of wiggle room because you are not planning on selling soon so you can afford to buy at a higher price and not wait for the very bottom because you have time to reach profit.

There is a FOMO brewing...
adnandanish102

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:55:00 PM

These type of fluctuations are in a dip percentage and happen simultaneously in every month but these fluctuations don't cause a plenty effect on large scale investment although, small scale investments are probably invested by these fluctuations and you have to wait a scantily more in order to earn profit using small scale investment, but you should have a good strategy and to recognize a best splash in price.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:33:31 PM

The up and downs you mentioned since August 9 look like it was the market testing the support level, and it seems like the price held pretty well at the 6k levels which could be the new floor. I'd recommend you to buy now since it looks like the price has started to recover about three days ago, we're currently at 6400, but next time you check the prices we could be above the 6500, so don't waste more time and buy before it's too late.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:57:27 PM

I won't say that the price is increasing steadily since the fluctuations are happening on a daily basis but yeah I can say that the price is increasing slowly.
So it depends on what your aim is. If you want to make gains from the short term fluctuations or get the profits from the long term investments. For the short term gains you could probably wait a little so that the price takes a deeper dip and if for the long term then you can buy it at the current price as it not that bad as well.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
gpamfmcq

Activity: 160

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:05:41 PM

Alcoin did have some growth in the last two days, but I don't think the market correction is complete now, and the market will continue to correct without some mining and most of the coins disappearing.
ogtejiri

Activity: 203

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 04:13:43 PM

The sincere truth is that no one can accurately predict the price of bitcoin in the upcoming days and weeks as bitcoin price is not controlled by anyone. It may fall below your target price or even increase in the upcoming days. I suggest if you have the money invest now and hold and watch your investment. There is no perfect time to buy bitcoin as any price you buy is OK
DiamondsAndCoins

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:15:38 PM

The best thing to do is step in in stages.  Maybe 10% a day.  Your available funds will never truly run out and you will be buying for a few weeks.  This will help average out your cost.  Maybe only buy every 3rd day to get a more accurate average. 

joerogers8

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

Negative trust for an opinion! Check it out.

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:18:31 PM

I think if we were going to 3500 like some have said we would have gotten there by now.  We seem to have an awesome base here in the 6,000 range.  I don't think we are going much below that. 
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:21:10 PM

I've been examining the price of BTC since August 9 2018. It has been very up and down. By as much as 10% at times.
I was waiting for this next dip of ~10% before buying in and Holding....  but it's looking to me like it's breaking out of the up/down trend of late and quite steadily going up.
Would you recommend buying in now at around 5720 euro, or waiting for it to (hopefully) dip down to 5400 euro again, as it has many times in the last two weeks.?
Thanks for any advise.

I think, based on the run Bitcoin is making, it may be a good idea to buy right now before it reaches its peak amount. If you were serious, you actually should have bought some coins way before since you could have made more money if you did. However, it's never too late, therefore, since the price is steadily going up, and there is still some room for its value to grow, I would say that buying now is still a good move. However, you just have to be ready for putting up more capital than you could have when it was lower in value.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:25:36 PM

Thanks for any advise.

It looks like the prices are dumping again so wait for the bottom line approximately $5900 then buy the bitcoins and again the prices will move up wards which is the trends bitcoin is following for a week or more.But if your choice is holding the bitcoin for long term then don't take too much consideration about these small dumps.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:50:00 PM

Thanks for any advise.

Be very careful when waiting for the price to drop. It is way better to jump in now than it is to wait and try to time a perfect bottom. One of the biggest mistakes traders can make is trying to time the market. It's better to buy, and have the price drop a bit afterwards than it is to wait so long that you miss a pump and panic buy in later. Do you plan on hodling long-term? Because if you do, I would highly recommend to just buy and hodl now. You don't want to wait for a drop that might not happen, just to save a few $100 euros.
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:26:13 PM

It is impossible to predict the price. 2 things may happen. Bitcoin may go down even more if ETF fails to get approval. many people think like that. So 6000 is a bet actually. Now 2nd thing. With natural growth and adaptation , BTC may go high enough to make huge profit. So in this point, profit or loss depends on your strategy.

If you want profit in short term, I think it is not good time to buy. But if you can hold for long time, it is pretty good point to enter into the market
Supremacy1

Activity: 331
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:01:56 PM

It is better to spilt the fund and buy it with ladder technique so as not miss the pump or dump either way it goes
Phlaser

Activity: 257

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 06:08:43 PM

You could have bought when it was below 6000$ and easily make some profits now. At the moment, I am not so convince about the steady upward movement of Bitcoin rather I see a consistent upward and downward trends.

Thanks for any advise.

Jackolantern

Activity: 321
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:31:41 PM

I think you can buy it and it is going to rise steadily in the future. I think that it is better to buy some popular coins and benefit from it. buy it and sell the next year when the price will rise.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
CryptoCClendon

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:49:49 PM

Time to buy Time to sell,  just make your diligent research
anil_saini01

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:57:35 PM

If you want to invest for long term then go ahead and but but if you are looking for short term trades then stay away from current market. It can crash and rise within a single day.
olgafox0404

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:29:18 PM

Yes! really bitcoin is slowly going up, and now is the time to buy yourself bitkoins! Do not buy now until the good price then regret and overpay!
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:33:09 PM

Yes, price is moving up slowly.
I do not think its a good idea to buy in now , you had all the time to buy when the market was bearish.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: