Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:42:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox Paxum transfers not coming through  (Read 4492 times)
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 11:05:14 PM

No "better luck" for me.

Mtgox appears to be on suicide course. Has anyone been at their office? Any idea whom to address if they just keep blocking and do not pay?

It's been months of this game. Every time withdrawals are said to "work again" or "work over a different path", it turns out they work only for a day or two, and the limits make sure most of the funds stay. Really strange. They appeared like people who seriously try to do their job. What happened? Even if they were to keep the money and disappear somehow, what a bad deal! They could've helped us change the world, and made a fortune on the way.

I'm currently testing international wire, sent to two different, reliable target banks over 24h ago, none arrived yet. Roughly 2 days until I go into red alert and try to track where my funds are held; interestingly, the timing coincides with the mythical countdown.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 11:25:50 PM

No "better luck" for me.

Mtgox appears to be on suicide course. Has anyone been at their office?

Bruce Wagner claims to have, and with a camera.  He never released the footage though as far as I can tell.

I was kind of looking forward to seeing if I recognized any parts of Shibuya.  I enjoyed my visit there in the mid 00's but doubt that I'll make it back in person due the the radioactive death shroud building up in Northern Japan.

Any idea whom to address if they just keep blocking and do not pay?

It's been months of this game. Every time withdrawals are said to "work again" or "work over a different path", it turns out they work only for a day or two, and the limits make sure most of the funds stay. Really strange. They appeared like people who seriously try to do their job. What happened? Even if they were to keep the money and disappear somehow, what a bad deal! They could've helped us change the world, and made a fortune on the way.

I'm currently testing international wire, sent to two different, reliable target banks over 24h ago, none arrived yet. Roughly 2 days until I go into red alert and try to track where my funds are held; interestingly, the timing coincides with the mythical countdown.

Good luck to you.  Let us know how it goes.

I've always had to balance the wire transfer fees I paid with the amount of USD that I will trust my exchange with and it's always a tough call.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
czz

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 05:14:12 PM

MagicalTux,

Please see ticket #15363.

Three of my withdrawals were pending for about 2 weeks. As the support did not give any idea when they may come through, I asked to cancel them so I could withdraw them via Bitinstant. Then it turned out they could not be canceled immediately, and I was told to wait for an undefined amount of time again. I'd be happy to know how soon I can expect these withdrawals to happen or to be canceled.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 06:31:09 PM

MagicalTux,

Three of my withdrawals were pending for about 2 weeks. As the support did not give any idea when they may come through, I asked to cancel them so I could withdraw them via Bitinstant. Then it turned out they could not be canceled immediately, and I was told to wait for an undefined amount of time again. I'd be happy to know how soon I can expect these withdrawals to happen or to be canceled.

According to MagicalTux in IRC, Paxum is investigating MtGox for money laundering at the moment and MtGox can't fund their Paxum account until that investigation is complete.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52846.msg635859#msg635859

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 06:34:12 PM

GOXXXED AGAIN!!!

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
czz

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 03:00:44 AM

MagicalTux,

According to MagicalTux in IRC, Paxum is investigating MtGox for money laundering at the moment and MtGox can't fund their Paxum account until that investigation is complete.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52846.msg635859#msg635859
Thank you, repentance.

This makes sense but I wonder how those of us who don't read that IRC channel were supposed to know. I find this kinda disrespectful Sad

What makes me most annoyed is that I don't even have an ability to cancel and try another method. They hold the money and they don't have an idea how soon I can get them back.

czz

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 03:08:31 AM

Even the new site design can't dispel my grief Smiley
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 05:05:46 AM

Mtgox has publicly stated that Paxum withdrawals are suspended due to the AML investigation in Europe.  Though I am very critical of mtgox, their explanation makes sense and I can't really fault them for the lack of Paxum withdrawals.

(BFL)^2 < 0
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 05:17:57 AM

Mtgox has publicly stated that Paxum withdrawals are suspended due to the AML investigation in Europe.  Though I am very critical of mtgox, their explanation makes sense and I can't really fault them for the lack of Paxum withdrawals.

Really?  You think it is A-OK for Mt. Gox to allow their customers to request withdraw via Paxum knowing that they can not honor the request, will not be able to retract the request, and not say a word about it to the customers as a heads-up?  The only way I could not consider that deeply wrong is if they were directed under penalty of law to run their business in this manner.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
dovewing2000

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 06:23:43 AM

well my paxum withdraw was stalling so i ticketed support..

this is what i got..

Mt.Gox Support, Dec-02 10:34 (JST):

Hello,

Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that due to insufficient funds, Paxum withdrawals are not going through. Would you like to cancel them and withdraw via other methods such as International Wire, AurumXchange or Dwolla? Please lets us know how you wish to proceed. Our apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

so does anyone have any good idea of getting gox money to fiat money? (i'm new at this but i sold mine on mtgox thinking i can get to paxum and get it back to my hands quickly... guess not)
czz

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 07:15:47 AM

ineededausername

I guess your definition of publicity is slightly different from mine. There is no information on this AML investigation on their site. It was not easy to find it on this forum either. I would not initiate a Paxum withdrawal if I was aware.

dovewing2000

MtGox -> BitInstant -> Tradehill -> Paxum. You only lose 1% on BitInstant. Until TradeHill gets goxed too Smiley

Oh, BTW... MtGox is down Smiley
unsquidly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 06:47:21 PM

This is just one of many reasons to not use MtGox......Go to Tradehill....
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: