Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:44:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Colossuscoin- 1.5.2 BIG, STRONG and FRIENDLY [swap closed]  (Read 33914 times)
friendly

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:47:55 AM

Rather than trying to fix this coin, why not just make a new coin, premine it, and let people swap their coins over? Instead of 500 billions of coins, use a reasonable number,  1 billion or less. 500 colossus would be equal to 1 of the new coin.

Use a different name and break away from the past history of this coin, as obviously it didn't have the best start. It's not like you are trying to fix litecoin or doge or a coin where the name currently means anything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:52:50 AM

wrong section..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:13:50 AM

Quote from: friendly 194092 date=1397368075
Rather than trying to fix this coin why not just make a new coin, premine it, and let people swap their coins over? Instead of 500 billions of coins, use a reasonable number,  1 bill or less. 500 colossus would be equal to 1 of the new coin.

Use a different name and break away from the past history of this coin, as obviously it didn't have the best start. It's not like you are trying to fix litecoin or doge or a coin where the name currently means anything.

The costs in doing that would be exactly the same but would also would have to rebrand everything and everyone would lose their previous work. It would also add the problem that people would think they are getting less even if it's the same proportion and looks like we are just shutting up shop.

A higher float also creates better price stability unless it's in the trillions in which it forever trades at 1 litoshi such as Cent, which is hardly an example since it had a crazy POS inflation (somewhere in the multi-trillions but I never did find out exactly what the float was)

Past doesn't really bother me, atleast it's an interesting story.
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:03:33 PM

Is there any reason my new wallet is not synchronizing with network???

Any help?
friendly

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:29:11 PM

Quote from: friendly 194092 date=1397368075
Rather than trying to fix this coin why not just make a new coin, premine it, and let people swap their coins over? Instead of 500 billions of coins, use a reasonable number,  1 bill or less. 500 colossus would be equal to 1 of the new coin.

The costs in doing that would be exactly the same but would also would have to rebrand everything and everyone would lose their previous work. It would also add the problem that people would think they are getting less even if it's the same proportion and looks like we are just shutting up shop.

A higher float also creates better price stability unless it's in the trillions in which it forever trades at 1 litoshi such as Cent, which is hardly an example since it had a crazy POS inflation (somewhere in the multi-trillions but I never did find out exactly what the float was)

Past doesn't really bother me, atleast it's an interesting story.

But would a rebrand be such a bad thing? There are better POS coins than colossus right now. Whatever connotation it may have, it's probably something like: way too many coins, broken coin, low value, and bad coder. Sometimes it's better to start over and just get a new reputation.

I think most people would realize the value relationship if you started a new coin with a normal max level. It'd trade in satoshis vs latoshis, for starters.

Higher max may equal better price stability, but it also means it will probably stabilize around 2-5 latoshis.

Hoang152

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:22:15 AM

I've got the 1.5.1 windows wallet version, but since today I'm getting the notification 'Invalid Checkpoint Found' What can I do?

me too. i cant withdraw COL to my wallet  Undecided

Please help me !
tema

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 07:26:20 AM

Rather than trying to fix this coin, why not just make a new coin, premine it, and let people swap their coins over? Instead of 500 billions of coins, use a reasonable number,  1 billion or less. 500 colossus would be equal to 1 of the new coin.

no need to create new coins, you need to exist normally rabotalii everything will be fine and the price rise! Just as you can run a crude coin in circulation?

✔ Freedom ✔ Reliability ✔ Global accessibility BITCOIN ✔ Trust and Integrity ✔ Independence
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:18:38 AM

I've got the 1.5.1 windows wallet version, but since today I'm getting the notification 'Invalid Checkpoint Found' What can I do?

me too. i cant withdraw COL to my wallet  Undecided

Please help me !

There isn't too much I can do myself, my coding skills are very limited and trying to make the necessary changes myself would take atleast a month or more, my strengths are forums and forum management. I have been talking to more experienced coders and will help where I can.
myweblife

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

mycoin.bitbank.com

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:13:03 PM

Current Version:
v1.5.2.0-col???
http://altexplorer.info/chains/COL/block_crawler.php

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██▀▀ █▀█████████████▄
     ▄██▄█▄    ▐██▄███████▀  ▀█▄
   ▄█▀    █  ▄█▀██   ▀          █▄
  ██  ▐█  ███████                ██
 ██       ▐█████                  ██
▐█      ███████   █▄            ▄█░█▌
██▄  ▄▄███████▀         ▄       ▐████
████▄▄▐█▀█████         ▄██ ▄█▄ ██████
▐██████    ▀███▄█     ▄██████▄▐ ▀█▀█▌
 ██████      █████    ███████████▀▐█
  ██████   ▄██████   █▄████████▀  █
   █████  ▄████████▄███████████░▄█
    ▀███ ███████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
━ EXTREMELY
RESOURCE FRIENDLY

▄██▄
      ██████
     ████████
    ▐████████▌
    ███▀  ▀███
    ███▄  ▄███
    ██████████
    ▐████████▌
     ████████
    ▄████████▄
  ▄████████████▄
 ████████████████
 ▐█▀ ▀██████▀ ▀█▌
      ▄    ▄
      █    █
      ▀█▄▄█▀
        ▀▀
LIGTHNING
FAST

▄█▄
▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄       ██
██  ████████████▀   ▄██  ██
██  ██████████▀   ▄██▀   ██
██  ████████▀   ▄██▀     ██
██  ██████▀   ▄██▀  ▄██  ██
▐█▌ ▐███▀   ▄██▀  ▄███▀ ▐█▌
 ██  ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▄████▌  ██
  ██    ▄██▀  ▄█████▀  ██
   ██▄  ▀▀  ▄█████▀  ▄██
    ▀██▄   █████▀  ▄██▀
      ▀██▄  ▀▀   ▄██▀
        ▀▀██▄▄▄██▀▀
            ▀▀▀ 
STEALTH
ANONYMOUS
     ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄███████████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀               ▀█████▄
▐████▀                   ▀████▌
▐████   ▐██████████████▄▄▄███████▄▄
▐████   ▐███████████████████████████▄
▐████   ▐██████▀                ▀█████▄
▐████   ▐█████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▌
▐████   ▐█████▄▄▄██████████████▄   ████▌
▐████    █████████████▀   ██████   ████▌
 █████▄                  ▄██████   ████▌
  ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████   ████▌
    ▀███████████████████████████   ████▌
       ▀▀████▌   ▀████████████▀    ████▌
          ████▄                  ▄█████
           ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
             ▀█████████████████████▀
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ColossusCoinXT
     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Join the COLX community on:
TwitterFacebookTelegram
DiscordReddit Bitcointalk
investment&deposit your BTC on bitbankmining BTC on
colossuscoin (OP)

Activity: 338
Merit: 123

COLX - Spread the grid.

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 05:55:32 PM

The windows client has been updated for 1.5.2 but still need to update the Mac OS client

colossuscoin (OP)

Activity: 338
Merit: 123

COLX - Spread the grid.

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 06:44:09 PM

The download link has been fixed now

sudo23

Activity: 469

ColossuscoinXT - highly energy-efficient

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 06:45:36 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 07:21:20 PM by sudo23

MANDATORY UPDATE
Please update your Client  to Windows Version v1.5.2

The windows client has been updated for 1.5.2 but still need to update the Mac OS client

ColossuscoinXT - Extremely resource friendly | Lightning fast | Stealth Anonymous | - ColossusXT related Websites:
   Website: www.Colossuscoinxt.org  -  Forum: www.Colossuscointalk.org  -  Exchange: NovaExchange.com - CV2/BTC     
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/Colossuscoin - Twitter: www.twitter.com/ColossuscoinXT - Got COLX?

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:28:47 AM

Colossuscoin forums have also been reorganized for better viewing and navigation.
sudo23

Activity: 469

ColossuscoinXT - highly energy-efficient

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 08:11:14 PM

Vote for Colossuscoin to be added to CoinPayments.net

Vote for Colossuscoin to be added to CoinPayments at https://www.coinpayments.net/vote
The vote will remain open until April 19th at 11:59:59 PM EST.

ColossuscoinXT - Extremely resource friendly | Lightning fast | Stealth Anonymous | - ColossusXT related Websites:
   Website: www.Colossuscoinxt.org  -  Forum: www.Colossuscointalk.org  -  Exchange: NovaExchange.com - CV2/BTC     
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/Colossuscoin - Twitter: www.twitter.com/ColossuscoinXT - Got COLX?

kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 11:56:57 PM

my wallet doesnt want to sync after stacking ;x

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 12:36:02 AM

Many coins less than 8 months old (as of March 19 2014) are under attack !

You'll never guess who the OP is. LOLz

Coins that will be exempt are
-Coins older than 8 months. The original pioneers of what the majoirty of people now here are calling new.
-Coins with innovation not imitation pretending to be innovation.

Coins not exempt are
-Clones not older than 8 months. If you cloned another coin and just changed the rewards, your on the list.
-IPO coins.
-Premine grater than 1%.
-Devs that have no idea on what their coin is or how it works.
-Fake coins or coins that clearly have no intention of development.

Want to help?

1. Remove all buy orders.
2.Post in their threads reminding them that its time for the shitcoin to end.
3. Let them know via social media you are joining the revolution against shitcoins.
4. Do not promote these coins in any manner.

The thread was started when COL was only 6 months 27 days old and has ZERO innovation !

RUN FOR YOU FREAKIN JUNK COIN LIVES !! Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522235.0

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:18:22 AM

Many coins less than 8 months old (as of March 19 2014) are under attack !

You'll never guess who the OP is. LOLz

Coins that will be exempt are
-Coins older than 8 months. The original pioneers of what the majoirty of people now here are calling new.
-Coins with innovation not imitation pretending to be innovation.

Coins not exempt are
-Clones not older than 8 months. If you cloned another coin and just changed the rewards, your on the list.
-IPO coins.
-Premine grater than 1%.
-Devs that have no idea on what their coin is or how it works.
-Fake coins or coins that clearly have no intention of development.

Want to help?

1. Remove all buy orders.
2.Post in their threads reminding them that its time for the shitcoin to end.
3. Let them know via social media you are joining the revolution against shitcoins.
4. Do not promote these coins in any manner.

The thread was started when COL was only 6 months 27 days old and has ZERO innovation !

RUN FOR YOU FREAKIN JUNK COIN LIVES !! Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522235.0

Lol, FUD as usual.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 04:23:16 AM

Nothing spells h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e like mudda FUDda. Tongue

4 pages in, Math brings some facts into the equation. Grin

I can agree with you, muddafudda, that there is a lot of garbage being paraded throughout these forums and others. Most of these coins have been created by people like you, however. These so called developers are pushing out trash left and right in an attempt to make a few BTC. What I wonder though, is what makes you any different? Was memecoin not trash? I mean, whatever happened to the store? Is this the same store that was promised with Globalcoin? You talk about a premine greater than one percent being bad, but what about the premine/instamine you attempted to get out of r3wt for developing nanotokens?  What about Tickets? Were you not behind the failed Maples as well?  What about Cryptobits? You seemed eager to get that coin listed on Cryptsy. How many coins have you had a hand in developing?

Having said all of that, it sounds like I'm trying to start a fight or attack you.  Really, I'm just curious as to your response, and ultimately, I think my main question comes down to this: What makes 2014 any different than 2013 any different than 2012...?  Seriously, is this current crop of coin garbage any better developed than the early crop of coin that you, Hazard, and Shakezula put out? I say early because the development did get better.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:45:32 AM

Update 15/4/2014

Windows Version 1.5.2 has been released which includes better connection to peers and the openSSL heartbleed update.

Please download here
Windows Client 1.5.2

You can also download a Colossuscoin.conf file here Colossuscoin.conf Just place it in your appdata/roaming/Colossuscoin folder

Alternative Download Link:
Windows Client 1.5.2

You can also download a current version of the Blockchain as of April 15th here and replace the files in your Appdata/Roaming/Colossuscoin folder. The file is pretty big, 400 mb but has been fully synced from fresh since the Client update.

ColossuscoinBlockchainApr15.rar
tema

Activity: 715

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 07:48:47 AM

Update 15/4/2014

Windows Version 1.5.2 has been released which includes better connection to peers and the openSSL heartbleed update.

Please download here
Windows Client 1.5.2

You can also download a Colossuscoin.conf file here Colossuscoin.conf Just place it in your appdata/roaming/Colossuscoin folder

Alternative Download Link:
Windows Client 1.5.2

You can also download a current version of the Blockchain as of April 15th here and replace the files in your Appdata/Roaming/Colossuscoin folder. The file is pretty big, 400 mb but has been fully synced from fresh since the Client update.

ColossuscoinBlockchainApr15.rar

Blockchain  downloaded to my computer came in my coin purse, but also need this file and where the exchange is to trade because the other exchange coins did not come

✔ Freedom ✔ Reliability ✔ Global accessibility BITCOIN ✔ Trust and Integrity ✔ Independence
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: