Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:54:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will customers who have FIAT at Mt. Gox be able to withdraw their FIAT currency?  (Read 1892 times)
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:11:29 PM

Next serious question, what will happen with bitcoinica users?

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:32:55 AM

If gox also faked fiat balances, they are just committed crime and blatantly ripped off their customers.
joehal

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:04:25 AM

In this text it says the fiat has also disappeared. Which seems impossible since the fiat should be in a bank account. How could a hacker hack away the fiat also ?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1z7krg/japanese_newspaper_asahi_shimbun_has_50_billion/cfr8f61
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:07:23 AM

I just have ONE question, because this applies to me. I have a lot of eur and usd there, and a little bitcoin, but mostly FIAT!

Will customers who have FIAT at Mt. Gox be able to withdraw their FIAT currency?

So, with 850k bitcoin apparently "missing" - does that mean that I wont get my FIAT back? Are they going to steal my fiat and pay back their creditors with it?
Are all clients going to share the loss, or is it only the bitcoins that are missing that will not be withdrawable? Or will simply all of it, even the bitcoins still there not go back to the customers because they will pay it to the creditors?

I hope someone with a good understanding of all of this stuff, can tell me what is most likely.

They are under bankruptcy protection. No one, not even Mark, could legally move any assets without court's order. You have to wait for a long time to receive anything, if any

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
GambleX

Activity: 70

GambleX Exchange/Gambling

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 06:09:45 AM

In this text it says the fiat has also disappeared. Which seems impossible since the fiat should be in a bank account. How could a hacker hack away the fiat also ?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1z7krg/japanese_newspaper_asahi_shimbun_has_50_billion/cfr8f61

The bank account "leaked" Wink
JustGotGoxed (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:09:04 AM

Well, DOES IT MATTER THAT THE MONEY I WIRED TO THEM HAD NOT YET BEEN CREDITED TO MY MT GOX ACCOUNT BY THE TIME THE MT GOX WEBSITE WENT BLANK (MT GOX WENT DOWN)?
Presumably it is either at MT Gox Poland bank account (euro SEPA transfer) or somewhere else at Mt Gox but NOT in my Mt Gox account under my name.

I already sent a notice to my bank to TRY to get the wires back, but the wires were sent some time ago and I can only hope? They were sent a while ago, but had NOT yet been fully processed by Mt. Gox - i.e. had not showed up in my mt gox account by the time the site went blank.
thelema93

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:20:23 AM

That will be determined through the bankruptcy process.

This.

We don't have information. We have only rumors. The money or the fiat may all be gone or it may all be recovered. Or you get a haircut.

We also have the Oracle: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493735.0

mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 09:33:25 AM

If you deposited very recently, your best recourse may be trying to reverse the wire with your bank.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
nopedope89
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059

FROSTING

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:00:14 AM

Actually, this brings up a good question.  We know that Gox is short of BTC, but are they missing fiat as well, and if so how do they explain it?

That's a really  good question. Actually they haven't explained it and I think they won't as bankruptcy process is going.

.next-generation social media service.
██   based on blockchain technology ██
                      ▄▄█▄ ▀▄▄
                   ▄███████  ███▄▄
               ▄█████▀▀ ████  ▀█████▄▄
           ▄▄█████▀    ▄ ▀███▄   ▀▀█████▄
       ▄▄█████▀       ██▄ ▀███▄      ▀▀█████▄
      ▐███▀▀        ▄█████  ████         ▀███▌
      ▐███         ████▀███▄ ▀███         ███▌
      ▐███        ████  ▀███▄ ▀███▄       ███▌
      ▐███      ▄███▀ ▄█  ███▌ ▐███▌      ███▌
      ▐███     ▄███▀ ████  ▀██▓  ████     ███▌
      ▐███    ████  ███▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄   ███▌
      ▐███   ████ ▄███▀ ▄██████████████▄  ███▌
      ▐██▀ ▄███▀ ▄███▒                    ███▌
      ▐█▀ ▄███▀ █████████████████████████████▌
         ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
           ▀▀█████▄▄             ▄█████▀▀
               ▀▀█████▄▄     ▄▄████▀▀
                   ▀▀█████▄█████▀
                       ▀████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀ ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀███▀ ████▄ ███ ███▀▀▀▀▀
     ███▄▄▄▄ ███   ▐██▌▐██▄  ▐██ ▐██████  ███▄▄▄▄▄   ██▌    ▓██  █████▄███ ██▌ ▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀  ███   ▐██▌▐███▀███▀ ▐██        ▀▀▀▀██▌  ██▌    ▓██  ███ █████ ██▌   ███
     ██▌     ▀████████ ▐██   ██▌ ▐███████░████████   ██▌   █████ ███  ▀███ ▀████████
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Telegram [EN]
Telegram [KOR]
Medium
dudel42

Activity: 111

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:34:10 AM

Actually, this brings up a good question.  We know that Gox is short of BTC, but are they missing fiat as well, and if so how do they explain it?

That's a really  good question. Actually they haven't explained it and I think they won't as bankruptcy process is going.

I guess they used fiat to buy BTC (which they then lost)...
JustGotGoxed (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:38:12 PM

I see theres a phone number listed there, is that a Japanese phone number, does it belong to Mt. Gox??
JustGotGoxed (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:53:01 AM

If you deposited very recently, your best recourse may be trying to reverse the wire with your bank.

I already initiated that, but if i leads nowhere then what?
I just wonder if it would have any legal consequence that they have the money but that its not "fully in their system" - i.e. it hasnt yet been credited to my user account. Would that give me more of a right to receive the money back, instead of it going to some creditors?

In legal-speak, if the money isnt yet in my user account then I cannot be regarded yet as an "unsecured creditor" and that would land me in another category than the rest of the one million mt. gox customers who may not get much or anything back?
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:18:54 AM

I just wonder if it would have any legal consequence that they have the money but that its not "fully in their system" - i.e. it hasnt yet been credited to my user account. Would that give me more of a right to receive the money back, instead of it going to some creditors?

In legal-speak, if the money isnt yet in my user account then I cannot be regarded yet as an "unsecured creditor" and that would land me in another category than the rest of the one million mt. gox customers who may not get much or anything back?

No.
If they have your money, you are another unsecured creditor.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: