Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:09:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it secure to use MyEtherWallet?  (Read 36030 times)
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:20:13 AM

MyEtherWallet itself is very secured because it has no record of being breached directly into the accounts of a user. Hackers or fraudsters only designer a prototype of it which they use to lure MEW wallet holders to enter their private keys or login details. Always be careful and watch the URL before accessing. I have personally witnessed one fake link claiming to be MEW. It came as www.myethenwallet.com. Let's all be vigilant and protect our login details.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Asawakobana2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:58:17 AM

MyEtherWallet itself is very secured because it has no record of being breached directly into the accounts of a user. Hackers or fraudsters only designer a prototype of it which they use to lure MEW wallet holders to enter their private keys or login details. Always be careful and watch the URL before accessing. I have personally witnessed one fake link claiming to be MEW. It came as www.myethenwallet.com. Let's all be vigilant and protect our login details.
Well i agree on that, I believe that my ethereum wallet is very sage to used, because it has a very unique ways on opening with a very hard private key. But I also believe that we are really the one who are responsible for our safe. I believe that storing our private key in a very sage place is more safe.
yeniruieni

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:19:24 AM

Of course, it is very safe because I wear a purse Myetherwallet problem does not occur. I keep a few token in Myetherwallet and I keep it in a few wallets. This wallet has a private key and we must keep safe. And do not let other people know about the private key.
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:26:03 AM

Well, in my opinion, I strongly encourage you to use Myetherwallet because it is very easy in terms of usage, and the security is also very good, but I also recommend to create complicated passwords so that it produces encryption that is difficult to hack by hackers.
Xiaolongnu

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:31:09 AM

MyEtherWallet has risks but it rarely happens. While using MyEtherWallet you should always check the right address, bookmark it, check the green bar as MyEtherWallet Inc [US], and connect to MyEtherWallet via metamask to make it safer than connect via private key.
Mega Sardines

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:21:12 AM

The definition of secure will depend on how cautious are you when using your wallet. myetherwallet or MEW, ImToken and whatever ERC-20 wallet exists in this world, it all depends upon the user if he's careful enough or not.

STEALTHCRYPTO
═• Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection •═
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:26:58 AM

Of course, it is very safe because I wear a purse Myetherwallet problem does not occur. I keep a few token in Myetherwallet and I keep it in a few wallets. This wallet has a private key and we must keep safe. And do not let other people know about the private key.
so far I have used Myetherwallet to store coins based on ERC20, and of course it's safe. Well, the security problem, I think it all depends on the person who uses it, because sometimes some people enter the phishing site. well, what needs to be done is be careful.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

spaso_87

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:31:57 AM

Myetherwallet is a wallet that is practical for use. even I use the wallet until this time. Despite the many complaints that said wallet is full of hackers then this will be dependent on yourself if saving the private key safely or not. many of the coins that use platforms from ethereum and that is one reason why this practical and widely used.
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:36:14 AM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?
Yes, the MyEtherWallet wallet is pretty reliable and easy to use. When you create it, you get the public address of the wallet and the private or secret key. The secret key is a long set of numbers and letters that cannot be picked up or decrypted. You can enter the wallet from any device, it is important not to get to a phishing site with a similar name. However, it is better to browse the contents of the wallet using the etherscan function. io, in which only the address of the wallet is entered. Thus, we once again do not enter the secret key. For security reasons, you can use me and some other precautionary measures, which is not superfluous.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
V. J. Meyer

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:40:54 AM

The definition of secure will depend on how cautious are you when using your wallet. myetherwallet or MEW, ImToken and whatever ERC-20 wallet exists in this world, it all depends upon the user if he's careful enough or not.
But the risks come to us very suddenly, so we should find a safer wallet than the MEW, I am currently using Mycrypto wallet, this wallet runs on the desktop so I can say they are safer for MEW, I am Use them and peace of mind when using myetherwallet wallet
kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:17:24 AM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?
MEW wallet is easy to use, low transfer fee, it holds a lot of tokens.
About the level of security, in my opinion only average. You may consider using MEW or safer than using a cool-wallet.
ghost07

Activity: 603
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:26:17 AM

Yes I am using it for a year and so far I haven't face any problem with it.
I am sure that it is really secure and my money or tokens are safe .
You just have to make sure that you wouldn't log in your wallet info in some untrusted site.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 04:33:04 AM

yes safe. so far I have used MEW (Myetherwallet) and have never experienced problems or even lost. very safe and highly recommended to store your token or your altcoin. it's just that sometimes there is pending when maintenance occurs.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:40:00 AM

Yes. I always use Myetherwallet and I haven't gotten any problem with it. The website is very ieasy to understand and there are instructions on how yo use it properly  There are thousands of videos on youtube if the written instructions is not working for you. For security, as long as no one can access your Private Key, you're coins are safe.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:59:06 AM

If you are good at securing your files and you know how to do to secure login then use it, in my case I prefer the desktop version of mycrypto it's much more safer I also use myetherwallet but not using it to store large amount of coins, so many hacking incidents in Myetherwallet.
alexsoul

Activity: 182

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:08:31 AM

Of course, this is one of the safest and most convenient wallets for storing Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens. The most important thing is to keep a link to the official website and follow the basic security rules, in any case, do not transfer your private key to anyone.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:21:04 AM

Myetherwallet is a wallet that is practical for use. even I use the wallet until this time. Despite the many complaints that said wallet is full of hackers then this will be dependent on yourself if saving the private key safely or not. many of the coins that use platforms from ethereum and that is one reason why this practical and widely used.

I find private keys and JSON files to access wallets on MEW are always recommended not a good way to access wallet. But to the present my wallet has not been affected by any hacker, I think no matter what you use it is important how you protect them.
bitok_1979

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:24:04 AM

A great wallet is easy to use and understandable for everyone; you do not need to enter it every time to see what coins it has. For this there is a website https://etherscan.io/

glYff◆      PRIVACY for smart contracts and beyond   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet platform delivering
   [   WHITEPAPER   ]   ◥ telegram   ◥ github   ◥ linkedin             anonymous asset transfers and data 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN GLYFF   ❰❰❰                     privacy for smart contracts. 
Kolikalex55

Activity: 278

simply getting the job done

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:27:55 AM

I use and very satisfied ! Do not show the private key to third parties and will be safe ! or use other ways to enter the wallet !

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:28:18 AM

I recommend using Metamask instead of MEW, Metamask is easy to use and in my opinion it is safer than MEW. You do not need to input the Private key or JSON to use your wallet.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: