Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:42:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it secure to use MyEtherWallet?  (Read 36028 times)
saskehhh (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:52:12 PM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:15:01 AM

I recommend you use it I for one already using for about a year now and I seem not to see any problems with it. It is so easy to use since the user's interface is so simple. Just be careful of phishing sites because there are so many fake ones out there just bookmark it after you use it. Here's the link Myetherwallet.com Smiley
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:19:44 AM

Yes, myetherwallet is very secure if you're accessing the authentic website.  There are a lot of fake MEW sites out there.  Bookmark it and also use the bookmark.  Also, download metacert for additional security from fake sites.
karramov

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:22:03 AM

I've been using it for a year. Have had no problems. There are cases of fraud with phishing sites but this does not apply to this wallet
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 05:47:21 AM

I'm using this purse. Because it is very convenient and simple. But I want to say in the world kriptovalyut around scammers. Therefore, it is difficult to answer your question, is MyEtherWallet (dot) com safe. Unfortunately, it can also be hacked.
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:50:15 AM

I want to create new wallet using MyEtherWallet(dot)com, is it recommended wallet and easy to use?
myetherwallet is the safest Etherum wallet to use in the entire market and it doesn't even save your data or private keys it's all with you and it just lets you connect for a short period of time with the ethereum main net just by typing your private key or uploading your wallet file and once you close the tab of browser your data is erased from the website, but there was a dns problem which hackers took advantage of and stole many people's tokens but that was all people's fault and not due to mew.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 06:18:44 AM

Yes the site is safe to use but only if you are attentive enough. The correct site is https://www.myetherwallet.com. Even a word here and there can land you to a phishing site with same look and feel. Bookmark this site rather than typing it every time.

Also before entering your private key, make sure that the browser bar shows green trust sign with a lock and MyEtherWallet Inc (US) written in green. For extra security measures, you can use the site in a private browser window with all add-ons removed or disabled. And if you can, then use the offline wallet.

Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:24:29 AM

Using a safe and solid service is one of the great steps to stay safe in the digital world, and you do the right thing by asking (at least some people have experience with the service you will use can tell you).  Wink

The more important thing (as the comment above said) is personal security. In my opinion, a personal fault caused a lot of loss of assets (coins), phishing websites, weak and patterned password creation, storing important data online (in the cloud or e-mail) and many other things.

I've also used MEW, so far I haven't troubled with that.
The best thing you can do:

I use this wallet as a cold wallet, so far it's fine, but if you want to be sure, then use it offline from an offline computer all the time.
whk0

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:01:52 AM

MEW is very confident wallet and safety of this platform has been checked for a lot of time so you can be sure for the safety of your money and be calm.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:02:06 AM

Yes of course it's easy to use and secure. I have been using myetherwallet.com about 11 months now and still did not encounter any problem. But to be on a safe side be sure to use a secure internet connection and a personal computer or phone. Do not use public wifi or internet cafe. They might install a keylogger or anything that will able to hack your private key.
saskehhh (OP)

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:37:16 AM

So there was some phising attempts to this wallet? people should becareful of those who try to stole MEW accounts. Any other wallet which is recomended to use?
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:42:46 AM

So there was some phising attempts to this wallet? people should becareful of those who try to stole MEW accounts. Any other wallet which is recomended to use?
I don't got the phising website i always check the url first before send the ethereum or token to other wallet on myetherwallet, i have used it more than three year, i did not get any problem we just need secure our private key on the save place and i will not give any recommended other wallet because i don't have experience on other wallet except myetherwallet.
Nova666

Activity: 166

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:50:39 AM

I have been using this purse for a long time, until problems arise. Yes, and many on the forum praise him. Personally, for my part, I can say that MyEtherWallet one of the best wallets.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:57:21 AM

There is no wallet which is SECURED one.

All the wallets are one and the same and having the same principle of working. They get unlocked with either pass phrase, private keys and keystone file. I guess if you loose them then you loose access to the wallet. If you get phished from external source then you can get hacked easily.

Now these all wallets are online and prone to such things. They are secure if you are keeping everything safe.

Hardware could be the thing you should checkout. - Research it.
rightway00372018

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:58:58 AM

I think it's stil safe to use myetherwallet because since i am started to use MEW i did not encounter or heard any negative issues that is why until now i keep on using and encourage my friends use.
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:59:57 AM

For all the wallet out there, i would still promote MEW and its very secured for me, i dont know about the others, but some says they have been scammed by hackers, maybe they were able to input to the untrusted sites which is common nowadays, to top it all, yes MEW is still secured.
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:00:52 AM

Well, based on my experience never had any problem with MyEtherWallet so far, its just a matter how you secure your wallet I guess. Hackers infiltrate your computer from vulnerability or where you stored your wallet that's how they able to hack some wallet but hacking myetherwallet its self never heard of it. So better secure your wallet when you decide to have one.

hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:04:06 AM

MyEtherWallet is online, you should only use for the target target date and limit amount, should use the software software from developer development to always and always be update!
Airdrophunter8

Activity: 566
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:07:39 AM

its safe to use myetherwallet
as long you know how to prevent phishing.
if you're going to use myetherwallet make sure you'll bookmark it
and always remind this if one site or one form redirect you to similar page of myetherwallet, leave that page its obviously a phishing site.
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:09:50 AM

MyEtherWallet is the best around without no doubt
I’m not sure why so many questions linger around it a lot

All you gotta do is be calm and avoid phishing website or links
Which may endanger or compromise your accounts

Also do the right things always
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: