Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:07:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if you have found a scammer???  (Read 1597 times)
hermes006

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:28:05 AM

There should be a special section where you can complain to the scammer, I think that if you provide unequivocal evidence, it may have serious problems on the site.
Nshan0102 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 09:12:10 AM

I really doubt that a legendary user gonna risk his account for a Telegram bounty, I am not sure but probably someone else used his name and  your Telegram user combination but provided his own Ethereum address, the only way to prove that this legendary member himself did that is to associate the Ethereum address used in bounty with him by finding a post he did with that address.

I found before that my Bitcointalk user was used in some Twitter campaign without me know of it,  scammers usually do that if the bounty requires high-rank user.

Most managers now use proof of authentication to avoid this kind of scams, and I think all managers should start doing the same.

Nice that you think alternative, because have never thought that his account also can be used by other person.
Don Lord

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:17:01 AM

write and ask the developers explain and provide evidence and in my opinion if it is not scammers, be sure to understand and help you.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

I really doubt that a legendary user gonna risk his account for a Telegram bounty, I am not sure but probably someone else used his name and  your Telegram user combination but provided his own Ethereum address, the only way to prove that this legendary member himself did that is to associate the Ethereum address used in bounty with him by finding a post he did with that address.

I found before that my Bitcointalk user was used in some Twitter campaign without me know of it,  scammers usually do that if the bounty requires high-rank user.

Most managers now use proof of authentication to avoid this kind of scams, and I think all managers should start doing the same.

Nice that you think alternative, because have never thought that his account also can be used by other person.

Will be better if you were contacting him directly (a Legendary member that you was shown the name here) ask him about what happened to you. How if he's not the one who's using your data, that's will going bad.
c4ptch4

Activity: 172
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:30:43 PM

now there are a lot of crimes using telegram usernames and other people's links to get coins for free. For that we have to check the spreadsheet and if you find things like you then we have to report to the bounty manager so they are rejected
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:36:14 PM

moment like this often happens in every campaign, even some scammers steal and use perfect data.

I prefer to report it to the bounty manager and project developer.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:41:36 PM

I don't know how I got dragged into this, but I've never participated in a signature campaign, and I've certainly never scammed anyone.

I've also never used telegram. If someone on there has the same username, it's an imposter.

I'd be willing to contact the signature campaign manager and tell him the same, if it would help.
Nshan0102 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 07:53:16 PM

I don't know how I got dragged into this, but I've never participated in a signature campaign, and I've certainly never scammed anyone.

I've also never used telegram. If someone on there has the same username, it's an imposter.

I'd be willing to contact the signature campaign manager and tell him the same, if it would help.
Hello buddy, I also thought so, that's why first of all I wrote you a PM. And then tried to undertand what I have to do by making this topic. So contact them if it's not hard to do. Thank's  everyone who have participated in this Topic. I found the answer of my question.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:59:24 AM

Hello buddy, I also thought so, that's why first of all I wrote you a PM. And then tried to undertand what I have to do by making this topic. So contact them if it's not hard to do. Thank's  everyone who have participated in this Topic. I found the answer of my question.

Ah...glad to see all this has fixed peacefully.
So, the only prove from the suspect is the Ethereum wallet that used, right? But I think s/he made new address every time s/he's doing something similar.
Nshan0102 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 07:53:40 PM

Will be better if you were contacting him directly (a Legendary member that you was shown the name here) ask him about what happened to you. How if he's not the one who's using your data, that's will going bad.
I've written him until opening this topic.  Wink Wink Wink
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:19:51 PM

I think the best you can do if you have found a scammer is report to the authority about this
because this is their responsibilities and at the same time they are the one who can resolve about this.
Nshan0102 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 08:21:45 PM

I think the best you can do if you have found a scammer is report to the authority about this
because this is their responsibilities and at the same time they are the one who can resolve about this.
Thanks!
Gralph

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:59:04 PM

The scammer could be a bounty manager or a bounty hunter, therefore what i would do if the bounty manager is a scammer is to raise alarm via the announcement thread in other to save ICO investors from falling prey in the hands of some of these fraudsters, but in a situation where a fellow bounty hunter like me is suspected to be a scammer as a result of the fact that he uses my bitcoin username i and his ETH wallet address in a bounty; i would simply report the person to the bounty manager with a screenshot of my details of which he used in faking the bounty manager as a proof for proper disciplinary actions to be given to him or her by the bounty manager.

This is because the blockchain is a business founded on the basis of trust and transparency and whenever we found anyone trying to mess with our business, we will have to show them the way out by reporting them to the appropriate authorities through the smart contracts and other tracking device.
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:01:29 PM

When I met scammer, the first thing I did was gather the evidence and then report it to DT Member like Pharmacist, actmyname, and hillariousanco. Then you need to improve the security of your account information to avoid hackers. The storage of personal information on the Internet is not really safe.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████