Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:20:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: myetherwallet hacks? WTF!!!  (Read 783 times)
dungthuy

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:58:59 PM

Someone I know was hacked one time. But it is because he accidently sent his private key and they took all of his token and eth, and in this post, I see that many people encounter the same situation, to me, i bought a hardware wallet, Trezor, to keep my assset from hacker. And I think it worth to do it
justsimpleram

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:08:21 PM

Me too early in this morning some of my tokens got stolen like my 20000 nobs and my etherium . I don't how that's happen but i'm trying to know what is the main reason of that and how they hack my info's. And now I create a new wallet and I will try to send all my tokens from my old wallet to my new wallet for my token safety.
Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 03:26:29 PM

Okay, now I don't get what's frigging wrong with some guys hacking wallets with recently listed cryptos and sending eth and transferring them out??? That's a new low, or is it an old trick?

We must all be very careful with all our wallets because bad guys might just be around the corner waiting for another victim that could get trap with the bait. I mean phishing site would be the main culprit for those hacked wallet and lost accounts. We all know that private keys and other security features must be kept safe and secure at all times because that is the only way that someone could get access with our wallets and accounts.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:37:08 AM

Just stick with the regular safety basics.

1 - Making a web browser SPECIFICALLY for your crypto stuff (MEW & Exchanges).
2 - I personally login to MEW by copy / pasting their link which i saved already in a TXT file.
3 - I check their security certificate before entering my private key or JSON file (which is safer).
4 - I never click a link that says MEW is asking for this or that bullshit because it's 100% phishing URL.
All of that is great but it is useless if your operative system is full of viruses, if you are using windows you need to install an antivirus, an anti spyware and a firewall and you need to avoid installing suspicious stuff, it is a difficult battle to keep your system clean but you need to do it, but another option is simply to install a safer operative system based on Linux and forget about most viruses forever.
banks38

Activity: 156

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:04:35 AM

Is the wallet really considered "hacked" if you got fished or clicked on a bad link.  When I think of hacking I think about cracking the security algorithm.  This just seems like low level, low skilled attempts to con some money. 
Trixie28

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:28:26 AM

I heard lots of news about myetherwallets are coins are hacked. I also hacked my wallet. We should Aert on the sites we are entering because of some of these are phishing sites. Do not ever give to everyone your private key just always keeps it on private and backed up on it.
Alphonse2910

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:11:42 PM

There are always new ways of hacking and stealing money from wallets, I don't want people to panic, but the cryptos you hold are still at risk.
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:18:51 AM

MEW wallets have been the targets of several phishing attempts lately. If you are using MEW, then you must confirm that you are using the correct URL. Make sure that you have "MyEtherWallet Inc [US]" on the left side of the URL in your browser.
theft on Myetherwallet is indeed hot news in recent times and according to what you say I have a question, will we not be trapped in a phishing site if we store the correct myetherwallet address and then save it on the bookmark bar on our device or browser?
libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 03:44:58 AM

It has been said several times in this forum that myetherwallet is no longer safe to check your tokens, otherwise you might get hacked.

You should never ever open crypto wallet to check money it anyway, every coin provides explorer — go there and check it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:49:02 AM

Okay, now I don't get what's frigging wrong with some guys hacking wallets with recently listed cryptos and sending eth and transferring them out??? That's a new low, or is it an old trick?
I had the same experience long months ago. more than 1500 USD lost. I use PV key to login, I tried to learn how to secure, using JSON file with your pasword is much more scure and becareful to the phising link. If you want to get more seucre you can use metamask. Yah, connecting metamask with your mew is much more secure then other way to log in.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:51:09 AM

It has been said several times in this forum that myetherwallet is no longer safe to check your tokens, otherwise you might get hacked.

If you want only to see what is the current content of your wallet, I find ethplorer.io the best option. I used myetherwallet only twice in my life...

I also stopped using myetherwallet and instead download and use the desktop version of Mycrypto and on top of this I use metacert to check if the site I'm visiting is a phishing site, the scammers are now good they have perfected a good way to scam people and many people are falling to it.
backspace jejel

Activity: 114

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:12:15 AM

be careful, I have never done suspicious transactions like sending eth to a wallet to get an airdop token, or whatever, I'm afraid my wallet was hacked
Demirung

Activity: 434
Merit: 70

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:39:53 AM

Someone I know was hacked one time. But it is because he accidently sent his private key and they took all of his token and eth, and in this post, I see that many people encounter the same situation, to me, i bought a hardware wallet, Trezor, to keep my assset from hacker. And I think it worth to do it
My friend also foolishly sent his private key instead of the address. Before he realized his mistake, how all his means were stolen. This is mainly due to people's inattention. And Tresor is really a good idea!
Demirung

Activity: 434
Merit: 70

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:41:19 AM

be careful, I have never done suspicious transactions like sending eth to a wallet to get an airdop token, or whatever, I'm afraid my wallet was hacked
Correctly doing. It is better to have excessive caution than to scold yourself for the mistake. The crypto-currency world is full of opportunities, but it is also full of dangers
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:51:12 AM

You became a phishing victim.

If your wallet sends out automatically those coins that are recently listed to an exchange, it only means that you are not the only one that knows your wallet. These hackers are just watching your tokens out until they are listed to an exchange so transfer it to a new wallet that you are the only one that knows it.
Natusik

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:31:28 PM

I do not know where you get this information from, because I've been using MEW for several years now and have never been exposed to hacker attacks, since the wallet has a sufficient degree of protection. Just be careful, before using your wallet, always check myeterwallet.com website for authenticity!
olumyd (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:26:45 PM

I guess the only alternative now is to make sure one gets a hardware wallet. These phishers are getting smarter by the day and soon it might be too late to differentiate between a real wallet and a fake wallet. Having a hot wallet can be so cumbersome.
Talat10gu

Activity: 279
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:51:56 AM

This platform is developing and I think that these problems will be solved so soon because there are so many people who use it and there will be very big losses.

corat coret

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:14:18 AM

in my opinion it's a trick that hackers often call phishing, which is usually by changing the MyEtherWallet web address with a site that is "similar" to the original site created by hackers, and when wallet users enter their private key will automatically be listed in the hacker storage, somehow it can be like that, but my friend is often fooled by fake websites and then his wallet is hacked.
tytanhamon04

Activity: 210

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:43:16 PM

People themselves to blame that their have broken into so as this can be done expense of fishing. It's an old trick . They just put a bot on the wallet !

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: