Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:46:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: myetherwallet hacks? WTF!!!  (Read 783 times)
cosmicart

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:45:04 PM

You should always be careful when entering myetherwallet address, that's why it's advised to go with Metamask.
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:58:03 PM

You should always be careful when entering myetherwallet address, that's why it's advised to go with Metamask.
Confused why some people not use Metamask, maybe they only want to do it with simple way. At least they should carefully when open myetherwallet with common way, always check website and if only want to see tokens inside it, we can use etherscan or ethplorer.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:59:43 PM

Always be very careful and vigilant when someone sending suspicious ETH address like blank or zeroes ETH address there is something fishy on that and never ever try to send if someone asking for a private key or someone asking for a gas. Some hackers are trying to attack the vulnerability of MEW site.
abitgelluh

Activity: 174
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:05:55 PM

Confused why some people not use Metamask, maybe they only want to do it with simple way. At least they should carefully when open myetherwallet with common way, always check website and if only want to see tokens inside it, we can use etherscan or ethplorer.
yes, I always do that when I want to see the tokens that I have in my wallet because opening with MEW is very risky, here I will also advise you not to open any e-mail because this is also risky, I always open e-mail from my cellphone so that pesetas cannot access anything on my computer
denis-z12

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:07:48 PM

I didnt know this was possible, thanks for the heads up. Basically be careful with wallets even if you find their private address and especially if they have no ETH on their balance.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:17:37 PM

Always be very careful and vigilant when someone sending suspicious ETH address like blank or zeroes ETH address there is something fishy on that and never ever try to send if someone asking for a private key or someone asking for a gas. Some hackers are trying to attack the vulnerability of MEW site.

But people on this forum missing to check the phishing site or whether they are while they are looking to access their wallet. Moreover they have to use the public address alone to check the payment and any transaction which is moved out from the wallet.

Without that you blindly use the myetherwallet with the private key information means maximum time you will be have all possibilities to loose the fund from your wallet buddies.
romeolopez21

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:57:55 AM

Hacks on tis platform are not so usual but of course they take place there. Despite on the fact that it is the one of most reliable wallet I think this hacks will be solved.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
Ruby_Official
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:02:01 AM

Okay, now I don't get what's frigging wrong with some guys hacking wallets with recently listed cryptos and sending eth and transferring them out??? That's a new low, or is it an old trick?

There are lots of suspicious computers and approaches everywhere in crypto world. That's why people are buying cold wallet.
But if you invest to Ruby-X, you don't need to worry about that. Ruby-X will use cold wallet like users can select the rate 70% to 100% of using cold wallet.
It is from the official Service which launches on 20 Sep! Check our website and get your own Ruby Smiley

Defimwh

Activity: 321
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:05:26 AM

there have been many cases like that, many of my friends who get such cases should not follow the order
alloquycrypto

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:56:54 PM

Recently, my favorite wallet, MEW wallet, has become the main target of several recent burglary and hacking attempts. If you are currently still using MEW as your wallet, then you should confirm that you are using the correct URL. Make sure you also have MyEtherWallet Inc (US) on the left side of the URL in your current browser, because that is important later.
coinsurver

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:58:13 PM

Recently, my favorite wallet, MEW wallet, has become the main target of several recent burglary and hacking attempts. If you are currently still using MEW as your wallet, then you should confirm that you are using the correct URL. Make sure you also have MyEtherWallet Inc (US) on the left side of the URL in your current browser, because that is important later.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:03:02 PM

This trick has been going on for quite some time. Unfortunately, many people are still being scammed. It got nothing to do with myetherwallet actually.
fanBit101

Activity: 228

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:03:46 PM

Okay, now I don't get what's frigging wrong with some guys hacking wallets with recently listed cryptos and sending eth and transferring them out??? That's a new low, or is it an old trick?
Yes, I do not know how those guys attacked and stole MEW's tokens and in fact, I did not have the expertise to judge that. But hacking MEW is real. Some of my friends also have this problem. However, it only happens in some MEW wallets. Be wary of the level of protection for your computer.
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:09:23 PM

As long as this problem of hacking exists, mainstream will not be achieved

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Jochen

Activity: 228

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:46:13 PM

Nowadays everything is unsafe and that's the worst part of it! Many hackers tried to destroy our happiness and messing up with our life even our favorite wallet MEW is their target. So basically it's really sad.
olumyd (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:18:37 AM

The sad thing is my friend has so many tokens there, though the wallet has unlisted tokens, but he's even more afraid the scammers are watching the wallet in real-time and so can't send Eth into it to transfer the tokens out. He's so screwed.
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:32:23 AM

That is also what i am thinking. Why people not using this more safe method of accessing your tokens/coins. Maybe they have not learned the way to install it yet.
dollurs

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:40:26 AM

I think if the hackers don't have the private keys of those account, they can't hack the account. Some people put their private keys by mistake and that is the situation where the hackers can take the account of those people under their control.
ompoetra

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:41:08 AM

These users should have been exposed to fraud if they were directed to another MyEtherwallet website, and they actually had to click the "Ignore" button to enter the site. Please ensure that Coindaily readers find this warning when visiting a site, to be careful and close the browser immediately.

As a result of the explosion of the crypto-economy, hackers became more aggressive, to anticipate this as well as the users using wallet hardware such as ledger.
Even though these service providers often try hard to secure many hackers, there is nothing 100% in the internet world.
aonfons

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 01:47:10 AM

Yesterday I and your group also encountered this situation on ethplorer.io. If you check on etherscan it will be okay.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: