Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:18:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW! bitcoin-scratchticket.com | Earn up to 0.1 BTC / Month | Up-front payment  (Read 9063 times)
vineyard (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

EOS Auctions

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:43:19 PM

50 posts weekly can be kinda hard to do,and also it pays by activity and not by posts,so why is this a requirement?
Because if you don't post his signature doesn't show up on the forum, thus making the advertising campaign useless?
50 posts per week might be a bit much to ask for though, as most other campaigns require 50 per month, OP should perhaps consider lowering it.
But imho 50 is not hard to reach, less than 10 posts per day, no need to spam. Smiley

I am actively reviewing data on the program. Stay tuned for an update that I hope folks will like. It addresses the 50 post requirement and pricing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 01:59:32 AM

OP, I don't think you can get a good effect if you don't give up the 50 posts/week requirement.

The Bitmixer ad is popular not just because it pays automatically, but also because it has no posts amount requirement per week at all.

A full member like me can get 0.002ish BTC per week, and has to contribute 50 posts per week. But in some other ad campaigns, he can get 0.01 BTC for that 50 posts(like this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498314.0 ).

tk;dr: you are gonna pay some ad fee but will lose a lot of advertisers if you don't abandon the 50 posts per week requirement.

If i have to do 50 post per week PD signature are much more worth it .. its 0.015 for 50 post

Thanks for the great feedback.

One problem is that people abuse the system and ruin the opportunity for others. So we have to be careful how we design it. For instance, people will come, take the advanced payment with no intention of keeping the signature. This takes money away from the program that could otherwise be used to raise the payment to legit folks.

If we were to have no minimum post per week, and an individual makes no posts, what is the value of the signature to us? Keep in mind we have to generate a profit in order to pay out the signature program.

Our program is just a week old now, and I am evaluating click throughs, new registrations, etc. to see how things balance out cost wise. Most likely I will be making some adjustments to the program in the next week or so. Adjustments will take into account all feedback we have received, for which I am grateful.

People are rational, they switch to higher payment program for the same work.

You won't get any signatures if you fail to understand that.

jodybay

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

if you want something do something!!!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:28:30 AM

and i think the only people will involve in this is newbie with the minimum activity of 20 up to jr member with 42 activity the rest will be their on their own choice
because member with 50+ activity will sure to choose primedice and the other signature campaign with high pay

but i will stick to this and i will see what will happen within the next month

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 COMING 9TH AUGUST @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:44:19 AM

OP, I don't think you can get a good effect if you don't give up the 50 posts/week requirement.

The Bitmixer ad is popular not just because it pays automatically, but also because it has no posts amount requirement per week at all.

A full member like me can get 0.002ish BTC per week, and has to contribute 50 posts per week. But in some other ad campaigns, he can get 0.01 BTC for that 50 posts(like this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498314.0 ).

tk;dr: you are gonna pay some ad fee but will lose a lot of advertisers if you don't abandon the 50 posts per week requirement.

If i have to do 50 post per week PD signature are much more worth it .. its 0.015 for 50 post

One problem is that people abuse the system and ruin the opportunity for others. So we have to be careful how we design it. For instance, people will come, take the advanced payment with no intention of keeping the signature. This takes money away from the program that could otherwise be used to raise the payment to legit folks.

If we were to have no minimum post per week, and an individual makes no posts, what is the value of the signature to us? Keep in mind we have to generate a profit in order to pay out the signature program.

Our program is just a week old now, and I am evaluating click throughs, new registrations, etc. to see how things balance out cost wise. Most likely I will be making some adjustments to the program in the next week or so. Adjustments will take into account all feedback we have received, for which I am grateful.
The problem you're describing is exactly why I don't see how activity based forum advertising is supposed to work.
You get paid for having a higher activity, but you still need to post as much as everyone else. I just think pay per post
campaigns are more profitable for everyone, altho it is gonna cost you a lot more to run such a campaign if you wanna
be able to compete with the others on this forum.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
vineyard (OP)

EOS Auctions

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:47:23 PM

People are free to be rational (and should be). However, if someone accepts an up front payment for a signature space for 1 week without any intention of maintaining the signature throughout the week, they are stealing - no other way to look at it. Of course, such an individual could always return the money, if they had a conscience. Fortunately for us and the program as a whole, there have been only a few bad apples, which I guess speaks highly for the ethics of most people.

apsvinet

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:49:16 PM

People are free to be rational (and should be). However, if someone accepts an up front payment for a signature space for 1 week without any intention of maintaining the signature throughout the week, they are stealing - no other way to look at it. Of course, such an individual could always return the money, if they had a conscience. Fortunately for us and the program as a whole, there have been only a few bad apples, which I guess speaks highly for the ethics of most people.

That's the risk of upfront payments. It will definitely make more people interested but it makes the system very easy to abuse for your own benefit.

vineyard (OP)

EOS Auctions

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 01:00:34 PM

That's the risk of upfront payments. It will definitely make more people interested but it makes the system very easy to abuse for your own benefit.

You're right, we have been thinking about this. What if we paid you 1 day in advance, and required just X posts per day. Any day you made a post those X posts, you would get paid (automatically, same day). This limits our thieves to stealing only 1 day's worth of payments, could drastically reduce the # of posts required (we are thinking of a low # for X), and we get the value of the signature because it does require some posting. What do you think of this approach? (our automated system could handle this right now)

iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:20:37 PM

You're right, we have been thinking about this. What if we paid you 1 day in advance, and required just X posts per day. Any day you made a post those X posts, you would get paid (automatically, same day). This limits our thieves to stealing only 1 day's worth of payments, could drastically reduce the # of posts required (we are thinking of a low # for X), and we get the value of the signature because it does require some posting. What do you think of this approach? (our automated system could handle this right now)

I think this make sense.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
vineyard (OP)

EOS Auctions

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 01:36:09 PM

I think this make sense.

Here is a question:

Do think there is an opportunity to differentiate ourselves from the gazillions of other signature programs by instead of trying to attract high volume (and sometimes spammy) members, design the program to attract low-volume posters, but pay them for any day that they posted?

Also, if you're referral link (which is in your signature, but can also be posted anywhere) results in another person registering on our site, and then signing up for the signature program, you will get paid every day that referred person posts as well.

Theory is that we won't get the high-volume guys, but we will get a lot more low-volume folks. What do you think?
vineyard (OP)

EOS Auctions

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:52:25 PM

Hey everyone, looking for some feedback here on signature programs:

Do think there is an opportunity to differentiate ourselves from the gazillions of other signature programs by instead of trying to attract high volume (and sometimes spammy) members, design the program to attract low-volume posters, but pay them for any day that they posted?

Also, if you're referral link (which is in your signature, but can also be posted anywhere) results in another person registering on our site, and then signing up for the signature program, you will get paid every day that referred person posts as well.

Theory is that we won't get the high-volume guys, but we will get a lot more low-volume folks. What do you think?
apsvinet

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:05:24 AM

Hey everyone, looking for some feedback here on signature programs:

The only way I see that working is if there are a lot of people on this forum who would want to be a part of the bigger signature programs, but simply can't manage to do the minimum posting required. Then they could use this one instead. About the referral system, it is a good idea, however it might end up with people spamming anyways to get as many referrals as they can.
Never underestimate what people will do to get money.

SomeoneInNeed

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:53:28 PM

I don't see any code to set as my signature.
PS I'm online via phone.

jodybay

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 02:25:31 PM

I don't see any code to set as my signature.
PS I'm online via phone.

you nees to do this on desktop i tried it before it wont work on mobile

PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 COMING 9TH AUGUST @PrimeDice
coinnewbit

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:28:48 PM

How much should a member hope to get if he posts 50 times a week?
vineyard (OP)

EOS Auctions

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 02:40:38 PM

We are trying to design a program that works well for folks that post 50 times per week as well as only 3 or 4 times per week. Stay tuned and I will answer this question before the weekend is over.
coinnewbit

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:01:17 PM

We are trying to design a program that works well for folks that post 50 times per week as well as only 3 or 4 times per week. Stay tuned and I will answer this question before the weekend is over.
Thanks! I would consider joining if the rates are competitive. Thanks once again!
apsvinet

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:06:21 PM

Exciting. I think that system would surely make you able to get a lot of more people to use your signature, but aren't you at the same time afraid that you won't get enough traffic to your website with these campaigns for it to be worth paying people with the advertisement? Less posts less banners, less people clicking, seeing your name etc.

With that said, I think a lot of the reason people are using forum advertising campaigns is to show the rest of the community that they pay their workers, and by doing so building a good reputation with the community that's supposed to visit your website. I think for example Primedice has earned more from the signature campaign itself rather than the banners on the website, because everyone knows that Stunna is a legitimate person, with good trust and a good reputation.

Tl;dr, This might work very well for you, at least I hope so. Smiley

vineyard (OP)

EOS Auctions

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:10:10 PM

Exciting. I think that system would surely make you able to get a lot of more people to use your signature, but aren't you at the same time afraid that you won't get enough traffic to your website with these campaigns for it to be worth paying people with the advertisement? Less posts less banners, less people clicking, seeing your name etc.

With that said, I think a lot of the reason people are using forum advertising campaigns is to show the rest of the community that they pay their workers, and by doing so building a good reputation with the community that's supposed to visit your website. I think for example Primedice has earned more from the signature campaign itself rather than the banners on the website, because everyone knows that Stunna is a legitimate person, with good trust and a good reputation.

You are pretty much correct. The CPC I see from the signature program isn't that great (especially since the new signature restrictions went into place). So, I am not doing this purely to generate new users, but also to build a "brand" across the forum. I think PrimeDice has done a great job and you are right, Stunna has build a good reputation.

What if we made things simple and paid per post, same rates as PrimeDice, but paid out daily (automatically)? What do people think? We would pay for "constructive" posts only, like PrimeDice.
jodybay

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:15:11 PM

thats a very good idea but you have to be look closely on each participant if they are posting only constructive post

PRIMEDICE
apsvinet

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:17:34 PM

You are pretty much correct. The CPC I see from the signature program isn't that great (especially since the new signature restrictions went into place). So, I am not doing this purely to generate new users, but also to build a "brand" across the forum. I think PrimeDice has done a great job and you are right, Stunna has build a good reputation.

What if we made things simple and paid per post, same rates as PrimeDice, but paid out daily (automatically)? What do people think? We would pay for "constructive" posts only, like PrimeDice.
Wow, if you managed to do that I think you'd get a lot of people here. I'm just worried that you're going to lose more than you gain, because your deal is almost too good.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: