Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:25:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s  (Read 29790 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HashFast_CL (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 05:28:41 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 05:43:45 AM by HashFast_CL

I appreciate that you replied to my post, but please understand that if you are advertising 800GH/s you must show it to the public. If you are advertising something that is only possible in a certain special condition then that is false advertising. Your immersion cooling isn't something for the average user (please take note that the "average" bitcoin user is way more advanced than an "average" non-bitcoin person). If you, the creator of this hardware can't show 800GH/s then don't advertise it as 800GH/s. Consider that only less than 1% of your customers have any idea about immersion cooling. THe "average Joe" will take as granted the 800GH/s and buy accordingly.
I shouldn't teach you how to treat your customer base, but for me you are just deceiving people. Instead of advertising 800GH/s you could easily advertise it as 730GH/s plus a special 70GH/s bonus for a special group of people that could do immersion cooling. People would love more the "free" speed than the lack of it.

Thanks for your interest in HashFast's World Record-Breaking Golden Nonce ASIC.

Immersion cooling is only one splashy, high profile way to improve on the EVO board's demonstrated performance.  

Bitcoin hardware types will no doubt impress us with with other means of improved cooling.  Please don't take something given as a mere off-hand example to be some kind of absolute alternative-excluding gospel.

The phrase "up to" is an important part of the phrase "up to 800GH/s" and should not be ignored, but rather understood in context.

No one reading the Yoli EVO description will be "deceived" because the product page at

http://hashfast.com/shop/yolievo/

clearly states

Maximum Bitcoin Mining Performance: up to 800 GH/s (with a proper cooling system)
Typical Bitcoin Mining Performance:  675 GH/s +/- 20%

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:04:47 AM

The phrase "up to" is an important part of the phrase "up to 800GH/s" and should not be ignored, but rather understood in context.

No one reading the Yoli EVO description will be "deceived" because the product page at

clearly states

Maximum Bitcoin Mining Performance: up to 800 GH/s (with a proper cooling system)

Can you show the chip working at 800 GH/s?

Buy & Hold
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:11:29 AM

clearly states

Sure, just lend me a tank of Novec.   Tongue

Since the chip is already doing 750GH/s with liquid cooling, isn't 800GH/s obviously possible given better heat removal?

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:18:38 AM

That said, I can't wait to see how well the new 0.4 firmware/cgminer 4.0.1 platform will do with EVO boards!

You mean the 0.4 firmware we batch #1 BBJet buyers (who got screwed by Hashfast by having 3 month late delivery) are testing for you?

The same Batch #1 BBJet buyers who still have not see any of our MPP ship even though it should have shipped together the BBJets as the MPP was calculated the 1st of Feb 2014?

So you admit the product you shipped us is not ready and we are paying the price (real money in BTC, not some psysological stress)

And your useless customer support who keeps postponing shipping replacement hardware for broken units claiming the new firmware will fix all hardware problems will solve everything?

I wish all the best to any idiot who is stupid enough to buy future products like the EVO and get royally screwed by HashFast
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:08:12 AM

clearly states

The specs are what is called 'below the fold' - you need to scroll down and depending on your monitor size many customers will not even realize it is there.

This is what the average customer sees:

Deceptive. Just because you have been able to push it to 800 for a minute in a lab using liquid nitrogen cooling or something else exotic does not mean you should give customers the impression they will be able to run at that specification. Just be honest with your customers. Don't act like a slimy car salesman.

750GH/s is more than enough to claim the crown for The World's Fasting Bitcoin Mining ASIC.

750GH/s is at least 50% faster than Cointerra's (less than) "500GH/s" chip!   Grin

Really, is that what it is all about? Instead of this childish competitor focus, how about focusing on customers for a change?
BeepBeep2

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:19:55 AM

clearly states

Sure, just lend me a tank of Novec.   Tongue

Since the chip is already doing 750GH/s with liquid cooling, isn't 800GH/s obviously possible given better heat removal?
Under a normal circumstance, maybe (probably) not.
If I have a CPU that does 4.68 GHz overclocked with liquid cooling, isn't 5 GHz obviously possible given better heat removal?
No, not obviously. Water Chillers (-20 to 20c), Phase Change (Single Stage -40c / Cascade -80c), Dry Ice, and LN2 Evaps, etc. don't really count for the general public. Also, who knows, maybe the chips have a coldbug?

BTC: 184DMeGc6E7CoQVH3A9NvcCuRVRcv3wE2Y | LTC: LP4iqohSWKiws4j9jTTnqd89EEffEymsoJ
Join Cryptsy, which is now faster than ever! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=102995
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 07:44:54 AM

The specs are what is called 'below the fold' - you need to scroll down and depending on your monitor size many customers will not even realize it is there.

Deceptive. Just because you have been able to push it to 800 for a minute in a lab using liquid nitrogen cooling or something else exotic does not mean you should give customers the impression they will be able to run at that specification. Just be honest with your customers. Don't act like a slimy car salesman.

Thanks for the feedback.

The "average customer" isn't in the market for $19,000 worth of raw boards intended for assembly into DIY miners, but is still capable of understanding the commonly used common phrase "up to."

And no one (not even your theoretical "average customer") is going to spend $19,000 without bothering to scroll down slightly to finish reading a very short product description.

The "improved cooling" HashFast refers to isn't necessarily immersion, much less liquid nitrogen.  Maybe you still think liquid cooling is "exotic" but it's actually been mainstream for several years, and many off-the-shelf kits/components are widely available from several manufacturers at a variety of price/performance points.

The chip is running at 750GH/s.  That's a world record!  Having a chip that runs 50% faster than the nearest competitor is a big deal, especially given the rapidly rising rate of mining difficulty.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:59:38 PM

DeathAndTaxes i think this is what you wished for. Will you go forward with your immersion cooling project?

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:50:25 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

The "average customer" isn't in the market for $19,000 worth of raw boards intended for assembly into DIY miners, but is still capable of understanding the commonly used common phrase "up to."

And no one (not even your theoretical "average customer") is going to spend $19,000 without bothering to scroll down slightly to finish reading a very short product description.

The "improved cooling" HashFast refers to isn't necessarily immersion, much less liquid nitrogen.  Maybe you still think liquid cooling is "exotic" but it's actually been mainstream for several years, and many off-the-shelf kits/components are widely available from several manufacturers at a variety of price/performance points.

The chip is running at 750GH/s.  That's a world record!  Having a chip that runs 50% faster than the nearest competitor is a big deal, especially given the rapidly rising rate of mining difficulty.

Who cares?  HF has shown us that we can't trust them.  It doesn't matter what you say here, you're untrustworthy.  I get the impression that you don't even know if your chip can do 800GH/s with Novec, likely because you've never tried.  You're just talking out of your ass.  Further, what's the power usage of your new BS boards?  Up to 2W/GH if you can't even hit your original 0.65W/GH at 400GH? 

How about you assess stop selling pre-orders when you aren't even competent enough to fulfill your previous orders.  Why on earth would I give you any money when you've got so much late hardware to deliver when I can go elsewhere and get hardware delivered this week?
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 09:24:39 PM

I get the impression that you don't even know if your chip can do 800GH/s with Novec, likely because you've never tried.  You're just talking out of your ass.  Further, what's the power usage of your new BS boards?  Up to 2W/GH if you can't even hit your original 0.65W/GH at 400GH? 

I'll ask where the "up to 800GH/s" figure comes from, but it's not a giant leap of faith to assume a board already doing 750GH/s may be capable of a measly 50GH/s additional hashing power with better firmware/drivers/cooling.

Yoli EVO doesn't use anywhere near 2W/GH.  Of course power consumption is a big issue, so I'll have exact figures soon.  Spec is 1.1W/GH +/- 20%.

HashFast originally said the Golden Nonce would do at least 400GH and that's exactly what it did.

Now we've improved the board and saying EVO will do up to 800GH, and that's what it's going to do.

Unlike some competitors we won't over-hype the specs, then miss both performance and efficiency targets by 20%.

Thanks again for your interest in HashFast's world-record-smashing EVO technology!   Smiley

kevin911

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:05:37 PM

I get the impression that you don't even know if your chip can do 800GH/s with Novec, likely because you've never tried.  You're just talking out of your ass.  Further, what's the power usage of your new BS boards?  Up to 2W/GH if you can't even hit your original 0.65W/GH at 400GH? 

I'll ask where the "up to 800GH/s" figure comes from, but it's not a giant leap of faith to assume a board already doing 750GH/s may be capable of a measly 50GH/s additional hashing power with better firmware/drivers/cooling.

Yoli EVO doesn't use anywhere near 2W/GH.  Of course power consumption is a big issue, so I'll have exact figures soon.  Spec is 1.1W/GH +/- 20%.

HashFast originally said the Golden Nonce would do at least 400GH and that's exactly what it did.

Now we've improved the board and saying EVO will do up to 800GH, and that's what it's going to do.

Unlike some competitors we won't over-hype the specs, then miss both performance and efficiency targets by 20%.

Thanks again for your interest in HashFast's world-record-smashing EVO technology!   Smiley

hashfast cant even hit a deadline, why do we expect them to hit their "up to" speed's?
instead of developing new boards, why don't you focus on the customers you already have?
it's all false promise, until hashfast can sort out their mess, they can't be taken seriously!
where's batch 2 sierra's? so much for the order chain.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:19:33 AM

I'll ask where the "up to 800GH/s" figure comes from, but it's not a giant leap of faith to assume a board already doing 750GH/s may be
capable of a measly 50GH/s additional hashing power with better firmware/drivers/cooling.

You have absolutely no tangible evidence that this hardware hits 800GH/s.  You may believe, or think that it does, but that really isn't worth shit.  You've made some BS assumption and now you're trying to capitalize on it.  If you can't even hit 800GH using a cherry picked sample in a lab setting under tight control, you know damn well that the average customer isn't either.

Roll Eyes  Sure thing bud.

Again, HF has presented absolutely no tangible evidence that this is achievable.  Sounds like when the ASIC was first tested to 500+ GH... How many BJ owners are getting much above 400GH without it crashing five times a day?

HF already missed their target usage by 20%, what other misleading BS have you got for us today?  Oh that's right, that up to 800GH thing.  How about they just change that 800 to 750, or is HF so deep into their lies and deceit that they couldn't fathom being honest for a change?

There's no interest.  They won't be getting any of my money.
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:29:49 AM

Why does hashfast keep ignoring the Overdue Upgrade modules and MPP replys?

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:32:56 AM

I'm starting to get the feeling that there was a design flaw and a re-spin was required.  It very well could be that the units that have shipped are the first run engineering samples.  It would certainly explain why they're hardly stable.
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:46:43 AM

I have 12 BJ's and they've been running perfect since I've had them with no problem.

Now where is my Upgrades and MPP

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:03:34 AM

I'm starting to get the feeling that there was a design flaw and a re-spin was required.  It very well could be that the units that have shipped are the first run engineering samples.  It would certainly explain why they're hardly stable.

I'm starting to get the feeling that they simply decided to give a fuck about their 2013 customers and instead focus onto their future customers. That would obv mean no upgrades and MPP until 3rd or 4th quarter of 2014. If they really are going this way and are mass delivering boards to customers that ordered in 2014 before any MPP has been delivered i think they truly deserve to be sued the crap out of them and i will personally spend thousands of US$ to do so.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:19:21 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

Wow. That is bullshit if I've ever seen it.

Since when did having a larger chip mean anything? Shit efficiency means your chips will NOT be able to compensate for the rapidly rising difficulty.

Hell, even bitfury 2.5gh/s chips are more efficient.

A 28nm precision mining ASIC that hashes at four times the speed of its nearest rival

Even this statement is clearly a lie since cointerra has 400gh/s chips. Unless HF has a 1600gh/s chip I don't know about.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:59:45 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

Wow. That is bullshit if I've ever seen it.

Since when did having a larger chip mean anything? Shit efficiency means your chips will NOT be able to compensate for the rapidly rising difficulty.

Hell, even bitfury 2.5gh/s chips are more efficient.

A 28nm precision mining ASIC that hashes at four times the speed of its nearest rival

Even this statement is clearly a lie since cointerra has 400gh/s chips. Unless HF has a 1600gh/s chip I don't know about.

Quoted for future reference  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:04:54 AM

Oh good, a self moderated thread. Has hashfast shipped anything on time yet?
dbbit

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:11:38 AM

No, I have a BabyJet and it is 100% stable and works great.

There's nothing wrong with their technology, they just REALLY hate their customers.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: