Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:49:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s  (Read 29792 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:13:51 AM

That is strange.  After HF deleted my post, it reappeared three times.   Must be a bug in the software.

"repetitve posting is spam" -gmaxwell

Seriously guys let's cut down on the spam. Hashfast has money to steal.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:15:11 AM

Hello Hashfast, You're saying you've won the race to a 4U 2TH box in the lab, but why should I care about that when you've taken 97.95849881 and failed to live up to your contract to deliver goods by your self-specified deadline or return the funds.  Everyone here can verify for themselves that you have not refunded me: https://blockchain.info/address/1MWwwz9gpViE3u7o6Sx6huYNBrHyze8QrA

Why should anyone purchase more hardware on the basis of your lab-boasting when you haven't made good on your prior commitments?  What reason do people have to believe that you'll actually deliver these 2TH 4U devices when you have simply walked off with people's funds in the past?

What is the relevance of this product offering to the members of the forum? I'm struggling to see it.

I would remind people to not post identical things here again if they've been deleted, go bump the non-self-modderated thread instead. I know this can be hard when you can't see what has been previously deleted since such a substantial chunk of this thread has been deleted, but please make an effort to keep posts on-topic (primarily about HF's new product offering) and to not repeat posts.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:18:03 AM

Hello Hashfast, You're saying you've won the race to a 4U 2TH box in the lab, but why should I care about that when you've taken 97.95849881 and failed to live up to your contract to deliver goods by your self-specified deadline or return the funds.  Everyone here can verify for themselves that you have not refunded me: https://blockchain.info/address/1MWwwz9gpViE3u7o6Sx6huYNBrHyze8QrA

Why should anyone purchase more hardware on the basis of your lab-boasting when you haven't made good on your prior commitments?  What reason do people have to believe that you'll actually deliver these 2TH 4U devices when you have simply walked off with people's funds in the past?

What is the relevance of this product offering to the members of the forum? I'm struggling to see it.

My point exactly.   Live up to your current failed obligations before you brag about future "accomplishments".   If HF wishes to have credibility, ship all the units that are now 3 months late and refund all the people that have legally requested refunds.   Otherwise any thing HF says will seem disingenuous.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:21:40 AM

That is strange.  After HF deleted my post, it reappeared three times.   Must be a bug in the software.

"Making the same point over and over again is spam. " -gmaxwell

EDIT: changed paraphrase to exact quote from gmaxwell's Rules for this Subforum
An honest fact, presented over and over, and never rebutted with facts (but instead deleted) gives a lot of credence to the original post.

HashFast_CL (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:26:43 AM

Hi gmaxwell,

The relevance of HashFast's EVO product is obvious; it's the highest performance Custom Hardware ever demonstrated.

We sent you a refund check; it was returned.  Maybe you need to visit your Mailbox, Etc more often?

Please let me know if you want another refund check and note that per US law, mail order refunds must be in US dollars.

According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Note)

Federal Reserve Notes are legal tender, with the words "this note is legal tender for all debts, public and private" printed on each note.

^^That means if you refuse to accept payment in dollars, your claim is invalidated and the debt extinguished.^^

I'll send you some BTC out of my own wallet if you start doing your Moderator job and banning trolls who won't stop harassing a self-moderated thread, as was done for ActiveMining, BFL, and others.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:30:05 AM

Hi gmaxwell,
The relevance of HashFast's EVO product is obvious; it's the highest performance Custom Hardware ever demonstrated.
This is not true.   I have CT that are hashing faster than that right now.   You need to stay up to date on what is available in the market right now.   I am willing to sell you one if you wish to see.

HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:31:03 AM

That is strange.  After HF deleted my post, it reappeared three times.   Must be a bug in the software.

"Making the same point over and over again is spam. " -gmaxwell

EDIT: changed paraphrase to exact quote from gmaxwell's Rules for this Subforum
An honest fact, presented over and over, and never rebutted with facts (but instead deleted) gives a lot of credence to the original post.

Making the same point over and over again is spam.

If you are unhappy about these conditions I invite you to not post in custom hardware.
If you are unable to control your behavior your ability to post in custom hardware will be removed in one way or another.

-gmaxwell, Hardware Mod

BOLD added for emphasis.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:43:08 AM

I can't believe what i'm reading.
Posted from asd, ref#8rwZq8qK6e3fzs6Z

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:46:16 AM

Hello Hashfast, You're saying you've won the race to a 4U 2TH box in the lab
Hi gmaxwell,
This is not true.   I have CT that are hashing faster than that right now.   You need to stay up to date on what is available in the market right now.   I am willing to sell you one if you wish to see.

I do try and stay up to date on what is available and would appreciate anything new you can bring to the discussion.

However, Bitcoin is about proof, not trust.  So please back up your assertion with citations, video, screenshots, etc.

As of right now, all the Cointerra has done is make 1.3TH/s boxes into 1.6TH/s boxes with new firmware, so we hear stories like

I just got mine today. It was getting only 1.3th, some of the temps were high 80c. I set it up outside to see if it would help. Now it's getting 1.6TH.

Also, HashFast's 2TH/s Sierra EVO is not "in the lab" as gmaxwell incorrectly presumes.  HashFast's 2TH/s Sierra EVO is hashing live from the Austin BTC conference in Texas:

https://twitter.com/HashFast

http://hashfast.com/worlds-first-2ths-miner/

March 6th, 2014

HashFast has debuted the world’s first working 2 TH/s Bitcoin miner, at the Texas Bitcoin Conference in Austin, Texas.

The unit in Austin has been averaging more than 2.1TH/s live at the show. What makes that all the more amazing is that it cruises at this speed on just three chips – not four or more as in competitors’ designs.

Live feed is at http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/156inKCVf2oEJgTsgQbHpdEGoLpzAupWdn, but don’t blink, the show will soon be over and the machine packed up for home.

HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:50:57 AM

I can't believe what i'm reading.
Posted from asd, ref#8rwZq8qK6e3fzs6Z

Yes, it is unbelievable that HashFast beat Cointerra to demonstrating a 2TH/s miner, especially since Cointerra advertised "500GH/s" chips and was supposedly the ASIC Dream Team.

Even more unvelievable is that HashFast's Sierra EVO only uses 3 chips to get 2TH/s, while Cointerra's uses 4 and only gets ~1.6 (if you're lucky).

What a treat to unveil our 2TH/s beast in Austin, right in Cointerra's back yard!   Cool

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:53:32 AM

How can it be the worlds first 2th miner when people have been able to reach 2th on a terraminer?

How can it be the most efficient asic when 6 companies make more efficient asics?

Blatant false advertising?

The only thing plausible is that you have the fastest hashing chip which is entirely useless with horrible efficiency.
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 01:35:28 AM

tl;dr off-topic

First you claimed to have received "nothing" from HashFast.

Now you admit HashFast sent you a refund, but you refused to accept it.

Cool story bro (both versions).

HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 01:45:55 AM

Live up to your current failed obligations before you brag about future "accomplishments". 
  Otherwise any thing HF says will seem disingenuous.

The 2TH/s Sierra EVO has been hashing live from the Austin BTC confab for days.

IOW, it's not a "future" accomplishment but rather an empirically proven fact of current reality.

HashFast isn't the only entity saying the 2TH/s Sierra EVO exists.  cgminer, Eligius, and hundreds of BTC confab attendees also confirm this new world record for ASIC mining.

OTOH, Cointerra's chip is still being misrepresented as "500GH/s" when it actually only gets about 400GH/s.  Even after a two month delay, they couldn't get their machines to run at the promised 2TH/s.

The only company in the world selling mining equipment that really hashes at 2TH/s is HashFast (hence our name).

HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 01:51:23 AM

I would remind people to not post identical things here again if they've been deleted, go bump the non-self-modderated thread instead. I know this can be hard when you can't see what has been previously deleted since such a substantial chunk of this thread has been deleted, but please make an effort to keep posts on-topic (primarily about HF's new product offering) and to not repeat posts.

Thanks gmaxwell.  I respect your moderator skills/integrity and will donate some meals to Satoshi Forest in your name.

Do I need to report trolls for reposting/harassment/off-topic or can you handle it without my input?

CurcO

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:41:01 PM

So lets ponder this question, how many miners will go ahead and buy this VaporChip for the modest price of 19,000 (19K)   Huh   since  I can't go ahead and buy just one or two .  I think they just alienated their customer base. Also makes me think they should actually give these EVO boards to the loyal customers that bought MMP and Ad-on Boards since this would as fair deal.
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:07:24 AM

my last two posts were deleted by thread owner which pisses me off very much.

When posts fail to respect the OP ("HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s") they are off-topic and will be moderated.

Here is some great advice gmaxwell, our intrepid Hardware subforum moderator, wrote for people like you:

Posts by an equipment manufacturer or their staff in a thread about that manufacturer are automatically on-topic regardless of their content.

I know this can be hard, but please make an effort to keep posts on-topic (primarily about HF's new product offering)

If you are unhappy about these conditions I invite you to not post in custom hardware.

If you are unable to control your behavior your ability to post in custom hardware will be removed in one way or another.

Cheers and happy discussing.

ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:12:49 AM

Care to explain the Customer Liasion part of your name HashFast_CL?

Customer: People who buy your products (e.g. us)

Liasion: Liaison means communication between two or more groups, or co-operation or working together.

But by all means carry on.
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:42:21 AM

Care to explain the Customer Liasion part of your name HashFast_CL?

Customer: People who buy your products (e.g. us)

Liasion: Liaison means communication between two or more groups, or co-operation or working together.

But by all means carry on.

I'm the Community (not "Customer") Liaison.  My focus is more on the tech (mining with HashFast ASICs) side and less on the customer support/sales (when is my XXX shipping?) tip.

HashFast execs are far too busy getting more/better boards built to spend time reading this forum and reddit, but know how important community is to an open-source project like Bitcoin.  So I keep up with the word on road and provide executive summary.  I also listen to office chatter and relate what may be disclosed back on here.

GigaWave

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:04:03 AM

HF_CL. Instead of having flame wars, why do you focus your efforts on something beneficial, like getting HF to post some kind of regular update(daily weekly update of order dates shipped/shipping) showing what order dates are shipping. Like BFL did(As much as I hate to even mention those....I'll be too nice....shall I say, shade folks). Regular updates like that will give HF far more credibility than you can ever dream of by making pointless, perhaps.. even offense... post. Show everyone proof, not excuses. If you can't see the value in that, than I don't think HF is looking for value, they are just looking for a quick payout. Which in case it isn't obvious is != to job security.
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:24:25 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 09:22:28 AM by HashFast_CL

HF_CL. Instead of having flame wars, why do you focus your efforts on something beneficial, like getting HF to post some kind of regular update(daily weekly update of order dates shipped/shipping) showing what order dates are shipping. Like BFL did(As much as I hate to even mention those....I'll be too nice....shall I say, shade folks). Regular updates like that will give HF far more credibility than you can ever dream of by making pointless, perhaps.. even offense... post. Show everyone proof, not excuses. If you can't see the value in that, than I don't think HF is looking for value, they are just looking for a quick payout. Which in case it isn't obvious is != to job security.

This thread is intended solely for discussion of HashFast's record-breaking new 750GH/s EVO, not rehashing every old complaint from previous threads.

As I just explained one post ago
My focus is more on the tech (mining with HashFast ASICs) side and less on the customer support/sales (when is my XXX shipping?) tip.

And you are correct; we should also have another thread where the topic is "When is my HashFast Thingy shipping?" started/moderated by someone with more insight than I about order chains, supply chains, customs, etc.

Implementing your keen suggestion does fall under the scope of my Community Liaison work and I will pass it up to my superiors.  Thanks for the feedback!   Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: