Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:02:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s  (Read 29795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:31:00 AM

How can you even claim 800gh when you have yet to reach it?

And how can you bash another company for missing advertised specs when you missed yours as well.

Not sure the point of discussing specs. Even if hashfast had a 1600gh chip at 0.1w/gh it still wouldn't be enough for me to consider buying from you as you feel is it acceptable to change existing contracts whenever you please.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GigaWave

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:50:46 AM

HF_CL. Instead of having flame wars, why do you focus your efforts on something beneficial, like getting HF to post some kind of regular update(daily weekly update of order dates shipped/shipping) showing what order dates are shipping. Like BFL did(As much as I hate to even mention those....I'll be too nice....shall I say, shade folks). Regular updates like that will give HF far more credibility than you can ever dream of by making pointless, perhaps.. even offense... post. Show everyone proof, not excuses. If you can't see the value in that, than I don't think HF is looking for value, they are just looking for a quick payout. Which in case it isn't obvious is != to job security.

This thread is intended solely for discussion of HashFast's record-breaking new 800GH/s EVO, not rehashing every old complaint from previous threads.
If my aforementioned concerns are so "every old complaint' please reference at least two. I do my best to keep up with the pointless threads/post with more often than not worthless content, but I have not seen any such with my suggestions.

As I just explained one post ago
My focus is more on the tech (mining with HashFast ASICs) side and less on the customer support/sales (when is my XXX shipping?) tip.

And you are correct; we should also have another thread where the topic is "When is my HashFast Thingy shipping?" started/moderated by someone with more insight than I about order chains, supply chains, customs, etc.

Implementing your keen suggestion does fall under the scope of my Community Liaison work and I will pass it up to my superiors.  Thanks for the feedback!   Smiley

Don't use this forum primarly for what I'm suggesting. That is something that should be posted on HF's site. Referencing to those updates here is another thing. These forums have far to much noise/lack of moderation(by this sites moderators/thread starters)/concise info by thread starters, to distribute information in a concise manner for those kind of updates to be solely posted here.

P.S Nice to see a acknowledgement and initiative. Lets see if it actually does anything.
HashFast_CL (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:53:00 AM

How can you even claim 800gh when you have yet to reach it?

And how can you bash another company for missing advertised specs when you missed yours as well.

Not sure the point of discussing specs. Even if hashfast had a 1600gh chip at 0.1w/gh it still wouldn't be enough for me to consider buying from you as you feel is it acceptable to change existing contracts whenever you please.

Given the EVO already runs at 750GH/s, anticipating a small additional improvement of 50GH/s is very reasonable.  The OP says "up to 800GH/s."  Please pay attention and recognize the importance of the key "up to" phrase, which modifies the "800GH/s" figure.  

This is the Custom Hardware subforum.  We are supposed to discuss things like

-HashFast ASIC specs (original 400GH/s goal met, now up to 800GH/s)
-Cointerra ASIC specs (much less than original 500GH/s target)

we aren't supposed to endlessly belabor flimsy scam accusations like

-HashFast didn't provide windfalls by refunding $100 BTCs with an equal number of $1000 Bitcoins, therefore it's a Ponzi!!11!

If nothing we do could make you consider buying from us, why are you posting here?  Batch One EVOs sold out almost instantly, so exhibiting your grudge in public hasn't had any noticeable effect.  Better get a Batch Two before they're gone!

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:06:28 AM

Given the EVO already runs at 750GH/s, anticipating a small additional improvement of 50GH/s is very reasonable.  The OP says "up to 800GH/s."  Please pay attention and recognize the importance of the key "up to" phrase, which modifies the "800GH/s" figure.  

-HashFast didn't provide windfalls by refunding $100 BTCs with an equal number of $1000 Bitcoins, therefore it's a Ponzi!!11!

If nothing we do could make you consider buying from us, why are you posting here?  Batch One EVOs sold out almost instantly, so exhibiting your grudge in public hasn't had any noticeable effect.  Better get a Batch Two before they're gone!

The thread says up to 800gh but you just said

HashFast's record-breaking new 800GH/s

Why not hashfast record breaking 750gh?

I agree it is silly to have your company act as a hedge for those who paid with $100 btcs but want a refund of $650 btcs but you specifically said refunds would be in btc. Stupid mistake on your part to agree to such a deal and not hold the btc in case of refunds.

And congrats on selling out batch 1. How many evos are we talking? 100? 1000? For all we know batch one consisted of 5 units.
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:21:43 AM

The thread says up to 800gh but you just said

HashFast's record-breaking new 800GH/s

Why not hashfast record breaking 750gh?

I agree it is silly to have your company act as a hedge for those who paid with $100 btcs but want a refund of $650 btcs

Fair enough, I'll edit the 800GH/s in that post and change it to the absolutely undisputable 750Gh/s figure (my intention was not to mislead but rather grammatical correctness).

Thanks for calling out the windfall seekers who wanted to be in a can't lose/free lunch situation at HashFast's expense.  "Silly" is one of the right words for their ridiculous expectations, but some other ones come to mind given the actions they've taken...

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:31:23 AM

These forums have far to much noise/lack of moderation(by this sites moderators/thread starters)/concise info by thread starters, to distribute information in a concise manner for those kind of updates to be solely posted here.

P.S Nice to see a acknowledgement and initiative. Lets see if it actually does anything.

I agree about the preponderance of noise and dearth of moderation.  But this forum is too important to the BTC community to let the haters and windfall seekers achieve their goals of disruption and dilution.

We don't have to give up and accept the inevitability of threads being turned into nothing but useless rage posts, personal attacks, and flame bait.

Will you help me keep this (and other) threads cleaned up by reporting posts violating gmaxwell's Rules of Conduct?

If you enjoy discussing Bitcoin ASICs, please assist in keeping our Custom Hardware sub on-topic!

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:19:44 AM

HF_CL. Instead of having flame wars, why do you focus your efforts on something beneficial, like getting HF to post some kind of regular update(daily weekly update of order dates shipped/shipping) showing what order dates are shipping. Like BFL did(As much as I hate to even mention those....I'll be too nice....shall I say, shade folks). Regular updates like that will give HF far more credibility than you can ever dream of by making pointless, perhaps.. even offense... post. Show everyone proof, not excuses. If you can't see the value in that, than I don't think HF is looking for value, they are just looking for a quick payout. Which in case it isn't obvious is != to job security.

This thread is intended solely for discussion of HashFast's record-breaking new 750GH/s EVO, not rehashing every old complaint from previous threads.

Breaking records in a lab means nothing if your customers aren't getting their units.

SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:19:33 AM

I agree about the preponderance of noise and dearth of moderation.  But this forum is too important to the BTC community to let the haters and windfall seekers achieve their goals of disruption and dilution.

The BTC community is too important to let it be exploited and scammed by companies like HashFast that see it as an opportunity to make a quick buck and run off with peoples money.

Your past performance (Batch #1 BBJet 3 months late, no MPP shipped, no upgrades shipped, no Batch #2 Sierras shipped) should raise all the red flags for potential buyers. Buy the new EVO board from HashFast and you are garanteed to get screwed over.

Time will tell, you can never meet any of the promises you make.

I'm happy to hear you sold out your first batch, that means you'll have plenty of BTC to refund the Batch #2 customers who have still not seen their Sierras
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:26:18 PM

The BTC community is too important to let it be exploited and scammed by companies like HashFast that see it as an opportunity to make a quick buck and run off with peoples money.

Your past performance (Batch #1 BBJet 3 months late, no MPP shipped, no upgrades shipped, no Batch #2 Sierras shipped) should raise all the red flags for potential buyers. Buy the new EVO board from HashFast and you are garanteed to get screwed over.

Time will tell, you can never meet any of the promises you make.

I'm happy to hear you sold out your first batch, that means you'll have plenty of BTC to refund the Batch #2 customers who have still not seen their Sierras

+1 from me. I met and saw this new machine in person, not impressed at all. It took all I had to not go up to the engineer (who couldnt stop saying how good this "new" 800gh is) and say "How about the ~20 or so orders my clients have that havent been fulfilled yet?
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:06:29 PM

+1 from me. I met and saw this new machine in person, not impressed at all. It took all I had to not go up to the engineer (who couldnt stop saying how good this "new" 800gh is) and say "How about the ~20 or so orders my clients have that havent been fulfilled yet?

+1

17 (20+ units) orders here.

I'm not sure if I could refrain myself as much as you did, words or a fist would be flying from me, hats off to you.

Considering I was there as a vendor and with my partners, the only thing holding be back was professional courtesy, and didnt want to make the fantastic organizer's lives any harder. Trust me, I was not the only person there with that opinion.
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:25:40 PM

This thread is intended solely for discussion of HashFast's record-breaking new 750GH/s EVO, not rehashing every old complaint from previous threads.

Breaking records in a lab means nothing if your customers aren't getting their units.

"In a lab?"  Did you somehow manage to entirely miss the latest news from Austin?  You should check our twitter page if you want to keep up.

https://twitter.com/HashFast/status/441349358546456576

Update from the booth 34, the fastest miner on the planet just posted a 20min average of 2.179 TH/s #texasbitcoin

3:07 PM - 5 Mar 2014

Anyway, the EVO has been out of the lab for about a week, as bobsag3 confirms here:

I met and saw this new machine in person

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:31:57 PM

"In a lab?"  Did you somehow manage to entirely miss the latest news from Austin?  You should check our twitter page if you want to keep up.

https://twitter.com/HashFast/status/441349358546456576

Update from the booth 34, the fastest miner on the planet just posted a 20min average of 2.179 TH/s #texasbitcoin

3:07 PM - 5 Mar 2014

Anyway, the EVO has been out of the lab for about a week, as bobsag3 confirms here:

I met and saw this new machine in person

Where is the 800GH/s mark? I don't see it in that twitter page.

And you missed my point. What's the point of YOU having 800GH/s if nobody else (your customers) can't have it?

HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:52:41 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 01:54:47 AM by HashFast_CL

And you missed my point. What's the point of YOU having 800GH/s if nobody else (your customers) can't have it?

I missed your point because it was cloaked in an untrue statement implying EVO hasn't been hashing at a widely-publicized bitcoin conference for an entire week.

We can't magically conjure unlimited numbers of EVO boards by wishing them into existence; it takes time and effort to produce them.

So, the point of HashFast having 800GH/s is that the difficult process of bringing a new technology to the public is well underway (IE the design phase is finished) and we're working very hard to make EVO scale sufficient to meet overwhelming demand.

Is "Road Stress" what makes traveling children ask 'are we there yet' over and over, as if being demanding and impatient will somehow make the car go faster?  After all, what's the point of driving 80 miles when the destination is 100 miles away?   Grin

btctalks123

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:12:04 AM

Honestly only way I see your company can gain any respect. You will have to use the money you made to send all mpp customers 2th evo just for mpp and send upgrade boards promised in November maybe if too late send 800gh upgrade board after that there will be no flame and hate its simple. If you would get out of your perspective as a hardworking engineer or promoter who is being told what to say now and really help your company by letting higher staff know that they screwed up and let them know that any normal upcoming company won't get all this hate because in any business your customers are always first the same way they brought you up, is the same way you'll come crashing down maybe even sooner. If you don't want too learn the lesson you have to spend money to make money. You will lose all that you worked for and this is only the beginning. If you really want to help instead of deleting post show it to your boss show him his company will NOT last.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:32:37 AM

Well to discuss the "new ASIC", I have to say results that can be verified (especially by your customers) matter more than someone on the inside of HF touting their new "super duper hasher faster 900 cepton-decillion hash/sec asic miner".

Pointless thread aside from the self-touting ego boosting comments.  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:56:21 AM

Soooo.............hows that 800GH miner coming ??  I need more info before I purchase!!!  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 02:24:01 AM

Well to discuss the "new ASIC", I have to say results that can be verified (especially by your customers) matter more than someone on the inside of HF touting their new "super duper hasher faster 900 cepton-decillion hash/sec asic miner".

Pointless thread aside from the self-touting ego boosting comments.  Roll Eyes

The spectacular performance of HashFast's EVO may be verified in several ways.  You can look at the cgminer and Eligius screenshots, watch the video, and read firsthand third-party reports from the public demonstration last week in Austin.

If you haven't purchased a HashFast EVO product and have no interest in doing so, please leave this thread to those who have or may.

Batch One EVO is sold out and Batch Two EVO is selling quickly.

Why come in here and pollute a thread created for the benefit of those who disagree with your opinion?  Ego boosting or what?

Good job on the Lealeana silver coins; that was a positive contribution to the BTC/LTC community.

Trying to instigate flame wars on a thread where you literally have no business is not a positive contribution.

Please go back to what you are good at (shiny things) and stop slipping into your silly old Smoothie-the-mega-troll persona.   Wink

perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:10:40 PM

Sigh.  Batch 1 "sold out" instantly because it consisted of a handful of units for family and friends. Hashfast has gone full BFL.  

Unless it is self-mining, Hashfast apparently has one (1) machine that might hash at 750 m/h.  Let me repeat that.  One.

Hashfast has overdue outstanding orders and other obligations (MPP) well into the petahashes, and more broken promises than a stadium full of politicians.  Its existing customers hate the company and are suing it, but Hashfast keeps trying to find suckers to buy new equipment rather than clear its backlog.

This one machine is no more significant for Hashfast's wronged customers than its bullshit announcement that it was "shipping" on 31 December.  Hashfast shipped less than a handful of practically homemade machines but tried to generate the impression that the company had a functioning assembly line.  It did not.  It still does not.

Only a fool would order from you.
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 06:01:56 PM

Unless it is self-mining, Hashfast apparently has one (1) machine that might hash at 750 m/h.  Let me repeat that.  One.

Hashfast shipped less than a handful of practically homemade machines but tried to generate the impression that the company had a functioning assembly line.  It did not.  It still does not.

"Might hash?"  Are you saying the evidence was fabricated?  Or did you overlook the OP, where Eligius/cgminer screenshots and video are clearly presented?

HashFast has a working assembly line at CIARA, an ISO9000 certified leader in assembling/testing/shipping high tech hardware.

HashFast demonstrated a working 2.1TH/s miner in Austin at last week's Bitcoin Conference.

Let me repeat that. 

HashFast demonstrated a working 2.1TH/s miner in Austin at last week's Bitcoin Conference.

In other news, Cointerra *did not* demonstrate a working 2.1TH/s miner in Austin at last week's Bitcoin Conference, or anywhere else.  Ever. 

Why don't you go bother them for falsely claiming their ~400GH/s ASIC gets "greater than 500GH/s?"   Grin

edgie13

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:21:39 PM

HashFast_CL,

You still haven't posted proof that your new ASIC can get up to 800GH/s.  Neither the stats nor the video in the op reach 800GH/s. Thanks.

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: