Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:06:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s  (Read 29795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:30:53 PM

HashFast_CL,

You still haven't posted proof that your new ASIC can get up to 800GH/s.  Neither the stats nor the video in the op reach 800GH/s. Thanks.

Also you haven't changed the subject!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edgie13

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:17:23 PM

HashFast has a working assembly line at CIARA, an ISO9000 certified leader in assembling/testing/shipping high tech hardware.

From the 4 machines I received (3 months late), all of them had loose screws rattling around in the enclosures. Some of the BBJet boards were only attached with one screw, and hanging from the wiring harness

Quality assembly my ass

Loose screws is one thing, but one of the cases had one long black bolt in surplus, a clear mistake during the mounting of the water cooling

If Ciara is such a great leader in gettings quick out of the door, why have I not seen the Batch #1 MPP ship? Or the upgrade kits? Or the Sierras from Batch #2?

Surely Ciara can keep up with the parts you ship them?

Having a demo unit to show off at conference is not the same as having a mass produced product. So you sold out your EVO Batch #1, why is holding you back from shipping it to your eagerly awaiting customers? You have the parts....

My unit also arrived needing some assembly.  There were screws rattling around at the bottom of my case and one of the fans was on backwards. They should not put any new units up for sale until they get better quality control and ship to their existing clients.  There are people from batch 2 still waiting for their equipment.

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:36:10 PM

so, if I order your new product now and pay immediately, when will it be delivered?

Before or after the products I ordered and paid in September 2013? Which still didn't arrive by the way.

Scheduled delivery date of your advertised product? Simple, on topic question.
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:53:14 PM

so, if I order your new product now and pay immediately, when will it be delivered?

Before or after the products I ordered and paid in September 2013? Which still didn't arrive by the way.

Scheduled delivery date of your advertised product? Simple, on topic question.

Please don't

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:15:53 PM

I never would, thanks for your apprehension Smiley
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:04:12 PM

As of right now, all the Cointerra has done is make 1.3TH/s boxes into 1.6TH/s boxes with new firmware

Yes, it is unbelievable that HashFast beat Cointerra to demonstrating a 2TH/s miner, especially since Cointerra advertised "500GH/s" chips and was supposedly the ASIC Dream Team.

Even more unvelievable is that HashFast's Sierra EVO only uses 3 chips to get 2TH/s, while Cointerra's uses 4 and only gets ~1.6 (if you're lucky).

What a treat to unveil our 2TH/s beast in Austin, right in Cointerra's back yard!   Cool

OTOH, Cointerra's chip is still being misrepresented as "500GH/s" when it actually only gets about 400GH/s.  Even after a two month delay, they couldn't get their machines to run at the promised 2TH/s. The only company in the world selling mining equipment that really hashes at 2TH/s is HashFast (hence our name).

True or False: CoinTerra's first ASIC's Hash-Rate is greater than 500 GH/s?

This is the Custom Hardware subforum.  We are supposed to discuss things like

-HashFast ASIC specs (original 400GH/s goal met, now up to 800GH/s)
-Cointerra ASIC specs (much less than original 500GH/s target)

In other news, Cointerra *did not* demonstrate a working 2.1TH/s miner in Austin at last week's Bitcoin Conference, or anywhere else.  Ever.  

I'm confused. Is this the Cointerra thread? Why does HF_CL keep talking about Cointerra, Cointerra, Cointerra?

I bought a HF product. Please ship it.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:37:14 PM

there is a lot of saying 'cointerra didnt meet 500GH' while saying 'we can achieve 800GH!'

Cointerr has units in customers hands - lots of units. hashfast has a massive line of customers still waiting on the MPP (which was a protection against late delivery - ohh the irony)

They then go on to flail wildly about having a 2.1TH miner using 3 chips. That means that the miraculous 800GH chips are actually running at about 700GH, or almost 15% under spec. I could shove 20 antminers into a server cabinet and call it a 4TH machine - would that make it a better product then hashfast's pathetic 2TH?

..the answer is yes. I would have those 20 antminers in a cabinet in less than a week from today. Hashfast might ship something in a month or two or three. Obviously my 4TH antminer system is now the greatest bitcoin ASIC of all time by hashfast standards

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
HashFast_CL (OP)

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 11:49:59 PM

there is a lot of saying 'cointerra didnt meet 500GH' while saying 'we can achieve 800GH!'

Cointerr has units in customers hands - lots of units. hashfast has a massive line of customers still waiting on the MPP (which was a protection against late delivery - ohh the irony)

They then go on to flail wildly about having a 2.1TH miner using 3 chips. That means that the miraculous 800GH chips are actually running at about 700GH, or almost 15% under spec. I could shove 20 antminers into a server cabinet and call it a 4TH machine - would that make it a better product then hashfast's pathetic 2TH?

..the answer is yes. I would have those 20 antminers in a cabinet in less than a week from today. Hashfast might ship something in a month or two or three. Obviously my 4TH antminer system is now the greatest bitcoin ASIC of all time by hashfast standards

The wild flailing (and OP) are about HashFast's new world record holding 750+ GH/s ASIC.

The 2.1TH Sierra EVO using only 3 chips is just one possible configuration and it comes in a 4U box, unlike a 4TH antminer (which would take up about 6 times as much space).

If HashFast's spec-smashing 2TH is pathetic, then what are CT's 20% power and performance misses? 

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:35:43 AM

HashFast's new world record holding 750+ GH/s ASIC.

This isn't the ASIC Olympics.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:54:00 AM

The wild flailing (and OP) are about HashFast's new world record holding 750+ GH/s ASIC.

The 2.1TH Sierra EVO using only 3 chips is just one possible configuration and it comes in a 4U box, unlike a 4TH antminer (which would take up about 6 times as much space).

If HashFast's spec-smashing 2TH is pathetic, then what are CT's 20% power and performance misses? 

so now its 750GH+? You should change the thread title if you are willing to admit 800GH has not been achieved yet

my point about a 4TH antminer is not the size, its that saying your box is fastest is meaningless. Customer reviews sell a product, and right now your customers have less than they were promised and sound pretty angry about it.

again, if 3 chips got 2.1TH instead of 800*3=2.4TH, then you missed your target by 12.5%.   Might be better than CT, but your product has not been tested by a 3rd party, and it is easy to assume that in less ideal situations it may be much closer to 20% off-target.

seriously though, stop comparing to cointerra. They have done much better at assembling and shipping devices so far

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 03:34:19 PM

stop comparing to cointerra. They have done much better at assembling and shipping devices so far

Not according to their own customers:

It's been a week and I can't even get an RMA for my defective [Cointerra] unit.  Angry

I requested a refund a full 20 days ago.. i have not heard anything from [Cointerra] about it... WTF

This new firmware has made the bum January unit even more unstable, now it'll only hash at the high rate briefly before the rates tank and a reboot only gets the normal rates briefly before it tanks again. And of course this is a unit that showed up suspiciously missing the warranty stickers and missing the plug guard and with rubber feet already screwed in-I'm almost 100% sure this unit had problems during testing at cointerra.

Do you actually own CT hardware or are you only presuming to speak for those who do?

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
bkminer

Activity: 216

Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:44:47 PM

Do you actually own CT hardware or are you only presuming to speak for those who do?

Why don't you stop worrying about Cointerra and worry about HashFast shipping product?
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8412

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 04:58:27 PM

Sold out?

While I am sad for the new bag holders, I'm happy because that means you'll be paying the refunds you owe people and shipping the months delayed products.

Right?
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:21:18 PM

stop comparing to cointerra. They have done much better at assembling and shipping devices so far

Not according to their own customers:

It's been a week and I can't even get an RMA for my defective [Cointerra] unit.  Angry

I requested a refund a full 20 days ago.. i have not heard anything from [Cointerra] about it... WTF

This new firmware has made the bum January unit even more unstable, now it'll only hash at the high rate briefly before the rates tank and a reboot only gets the normal rates briefly before it tanks again. And of course this is a unit that showed up suspiciously missing the warranty stickers and missing the plug guard and with rubber feet already screwed in-I'm almost 100% sure this unit had problems during testing at cointerra.

the only pre-order equipment i own is a bitfury. Ive been very happy to buy from in-stock bitmain since then. I am quite happy to have not pre-ordered from HF or CT.

and again - cointerra units are in the hands of buyers albeit underperforming.
hashfast units may be in the hands of buyers, but under your MPP plan its obvious that hashfast underdelivered massively by not shipping multiple units as promised

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:57:13 PM

That's all fine and dandy, with the exception of a purchase from Bitmain will arrive in 4 days.  HF?  Well, you say it'll ship in May, but we all know that's BS.  HF hasn't even shipped out units ordered late last year.  No one is going to see this "EVO" any time soon.

Honest question:  How many more coins will I mine with 2TH of S1's before I see an HF unit if I order both today?
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 08:59:29 PM

Sold out?

While I am sad for the new bag holders, I'm happy because that means you'll be paying the refunds you owe people and shipping the months delayed products.

Right?

HashFast was open and honest about the reasons for our delay.  The delay was for technical reasons, not "fraud" as you falsely claim.

We've provided refunds too all Batch 1 customers who asked.  Most choose to be patient and have received their hardware.

As per US law, mail order refunds are in US dollars.  Please do not maintain the unreasonable expectation that we're going to break that law.

Because your machine was always priced US dollars, divesting yourself of the delusion you are owed an approximate 800% windfall (based on post-purchase appreciation of a temporary exchange medium provided as a convenience) may also be a good idea.

I guess your lawyer only wanted to take your money, because there's little to no chance he's never heard of 31 US Code Section 5103:

31 U.S. Code § 5103 - Legal tender

United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues

You refused your machine and you refused a full refund.  So you get nothing.  Nice legal maneuvering there buddy!   Undecided

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:08:48 PM

Sold out?

Right?

HashFast was open and honest about the reasons for our delay.  The delay was for technical reasons, not "fraud" as you falsely claim.

We've provided refunds too all Batch 1 customers who asked.  Most choose to be patient and have received their hardware.

As per US law, mail order refunds are in US dollars.  Please do not maintain the unreasonable expectation that we're going to break that law.

Because your machine was always priced US dollars, divesting yourself of the delusion you are owed an approximate 800% windfall (based on post-purchase appreciation of a temporary exchange medium provided as a convenience) may also be a good idea.

I guess your lawyer only wanted to take your money, because there's little to no chance he's never heard of 31 US Code Section 5103:

United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues

You refused your machine and you refused a full refund.  So you get nothing.  Nice legal maneuvering there buddy!   Undecided

As per US law, bitcoins are not legal tender and thus you are breaking the law by accepting them.

You can't pick and choose which parts of the law you want to follow.

If you accept btc payments and explicitly state that all btc refunds will be returned in the original currency you cannot change your mind when it no longer benefits you.

Fun fact: as per US law, modifying a contract without both parties consent is illegal.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:10:26 PM

Sold out?

Right?

It wasn't fraud you say? What was the delivery deadline and when you received your first chips and then when you had your first running board?

SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:27:27 PM

How about providing the equipment ordered for those who paid for Batch #1 customers? How about the missing MPP? How about the missing Upgrade boards. How about the lack of Sierra units? None have shipped...

How much more patient do you have to be as a Hashfast customer? More than 4 months? I don't remember 'choosing to be patient' as an option, especially in a field where timely delivery is key, as one of your company boozos is quote on video

That promises for anybody stupid enough to order from you in the future... See the signs punters, don't ever buy from Hashfast.
JointDoctor

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:47:38 PM

Why do people even try?

HashLast is the most unprofessional company i´ve seen in my life.
They´re shit, don´t even try to talk to them because you´re only feeding the megalomaniac Eduardo.

Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal... - Hashfast_CL
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: