Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:55:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s  (Read 29790 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:07:16 PM

I can't believe what i'm reading.
Posted from asd, ref#8rwZq8qK6e3fzs6Z
same here cedivad ....   totaly incredible ... how can they propose new product and take preorders again when they failled to deliver batch one MPP  ??   Huh

and how could they blame cointerra ?  pffffff    

DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM HASHFAST

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:11:20 PM

same here cedivad ....   totaly incredible ... how can they propose new product and take preorders again when they failled to deliver batch one MPP  ??   Huh
It must have something to do with the 15 millions they claimed to have raised back in December.
Posted from asd, ref#nJ0E2RpKe6EFyY78

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
BTCInvestorPro

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:51:34 PM

same here cedivad ....   totaly incredible ... how can they propose new product and take preorders again when they failled to deliver batch one MPP  ??   Huh
It must have something to do with the 15 millions they claimed to have raised back in December.
Posted from asd, ref#nJ0E2RpKe6EFyY78

You must mean the $15 Million they stole from customers and then wrecked their car when trying to get away by gunning it into a brick wall.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-01-09/bitcoin-mining-chips-gear-computing-groups-competition-heats-up#p3
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:15:15 PM

Yes, they have their own original way of rising VC capital.

Do you feel like a VC?
Posted from * - #wNPTUZaSa3FoXlV3

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Clobered09

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:32:43 PM

No they are obligated to give full btc refunds because it was specifically stated in the ToS and also confirmed in an email to support staff.

Perhaps morally so, and perhaps in some non-US jurisdictions (and maybe a state or two that has wildly different laws on contractual remedies), but in nearly every US state, the remedy for a violation of a contractual duty to deliver a fungible good is the market value of that good at breach, and unless the parties agree and execute otherwise, that remedy is in legal tender.

The key concept is bolded, parties agreed otherwise by accepting the HashFast TOS. In that TOS HashFast written themselves the obligation to refund in BTC. How can this be illegal? Why Avalon (US registered company) was not prosecuted for refunding in BTC?

The terms you have highlighted include both agree and execute, if there's been full execution, there wouldn't be any complaining, the transaction is completed.  We also don't prosecute people in the US for breach of contract.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:30:39 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 03:56:14 PM by cedivad

We also don't prosecute people in the US for breach of contract.
And it doesn't meant that the Executive Directors @ HashFast won't be persecuted.
Posted from * - #5LSkJWOw5qV3rCTK

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:35:25 PM

They knew in September they were going to receive their first Silicon in November.  It was posted in a Uniquity/HF interview in a random news article.
There's so much garbage out there when it comes to HF so I've been unlucky in finding it again, but it is out there.
I really don't remember it. Are you talking about the "crashing in a wall" article? It's the only one i remember.

Gonna read that again (i have it on my sent emails, quite sure of it).
Posted from asd, ref#FgVV2ZhruU7MVczU

No, I'm not sure what the "crashing in a wall" article is.  IIRC the person who stated that Silicon was expected in Nov was a spokesman for Uniquity.  Or, rather, I did not recognize the name as one of those associated with HF.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:37:52 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 03:56:21 PM by cedivad

I remember the joined PR from Uniquity stating that the silicon was expected in October. And that they were ahead of what was scheduled.
Posted from * - #WVvPy6uKM7OxNvFP

dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:26:05 PM

First sign is not to deal with this company is all the unhappy customers and undelivered products and changes to their TOS.

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
MANofthePEOPLE

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:31:36 PM

Is it true that Hashfast_CL is also behind market leaders such as CTSminers and PhotonicMining?
BTCInvestorPro

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:08:45 PM

Is it true that Hashfast_CL is also behind market leaders such as CTSminers and PhotonicMining?

No, PhotonicMining is way to well done to be related to HashFast their website scrolls for starters and it is a creative scam.  HashFast is just a BFL scam clone ripoff.
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:04:00 PM

No, PhotonicMining is way to well done to be related to HashFast their website scrolls for starters and it is a creative scam.  HashFast is just a BFL scam clone ripoff.

Stop insulting Josh.  He may be a scammer, but he's way smarter and his company has been way more successful than Hashfast. 
HashFast_CL (OP)

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 06:47:52 AM

If HF_CL fails at calming down the community newly created accounts of people knowing the law better than our lawyers arrive to the rescue.
Posted from asd, ref#NN3YE2pVR8l1X4iz

I'd like to propose a new drinking game for the forum.

Everytime cedivad comes on here and mentions his lawyer, you take a shot.

If cedivad mentions his lawyer *and* boasts about his overweening absolute confidence in a court victory, you take two shots.

If cedivad says something on-topic (IE about HashFast's 750GH/s EVO) take three shots, but don't worry because that *never* happens!   Cheesy

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 06:50:22 AM

So you guys won't break laws, but you WILL openly lie to your customers to lure them in, trap them and not allow them to get a refund per your own companies words PRIOR to purchasing?

We've provided refunds too all Batch 1 customers who asked.  Most choose to be patient and have received their hardware.

As per US law, mail order refunds are in US dollars.  Please do not maintain the unreasonable expectation that we're going to break that law.

No, you have NOT refunded all Batch 1 orders.

Still awaiting my full BTC refund per this email below:

Received: by 10.194.138.199 with SMTP id qs7csp90853wjb;
        Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:38:36 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 10.236.45.102 with SMTP id o66mr196684yhb.13.1376696316262;
        Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:38:36 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <bitpaysupport@hashfast.com>

Hi Jim,
Thank you so much for your patience while I got the answer for you, I greatly appreciate it.

The answer is if you buy Baby Jet for 51 BitCoins today and it does not ship, you will be refunded the 51 BitCoins you paid.

I hope that helps and hope you have a good weekend!

Thanks,
Cara

Note the date on that is Aug 16 2013.  Since then, BTC/USD has fluctuated by ~800%.  HashFast does not owe you an 800% windfall, and no judge or arbitrator is going to award you one.

Build a bridge and get over it.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 12:50:13 PM

If cedivad mentions his lawyer *and* boasts about his overweening absolute confidence in a court victory, you take two shots.

Court? You are such an ignorant. The contract you forced us into says arbitration. It's Morici that will bring you in court and win.

Don't worry -  i will be there with kilograms of popcorns. Yeah, kilograms, you know what a kilogram is, right? It's one thousand grams.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #cghOwf2wXMlON4tQ

"Forced?"  Who "forced" you into the ToS?  AFAIK they were entirely voluntary and you were free to agree or disagree to comply with them.

"...court and win..."

OK!  Everybody drink!

SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:12:12 PM

OK!  Everybody drink!

Ah, have you shipped any RMA BBJet units? BBJet MPP? Upgrade kits? Sierras? Sierra MPP?

Nope.

No drink for you
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:48:56 PM

Note the date on that is Aug 16 2013.  Since then, BTC/USD has fluctuated by ~800%.  HashFast does not owe you an 800% windfall, and no judge or arbitrator is going to award you one.

Note Hashfast claims right to violate any past promise with no sense of shame. Promise made seconds ago? Tick tock, invalid already.

Now if I'd dropped a quarter ounce wedding ring off at a jeweller for sizing, they said it would be ready in "two weeks" and by the end of the month gold had gone to $10,000 an ounce, I don't think a court in the land would see their "point" that you "only" left a 3 or 4 hundred dollar ring with them, and they shouldn't now "owe" you a $2500 one.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:54:38 PM

Note Hashfast claims right to violate any past promise with no sense of shame. Promise made seconds ago? Tick tock, invalid already.

Now if I'd dropped a quarter ounce wedding ring off at a jeweller for sizing, they said it would be ready in "two weeks" and by the end of the month gold had gone to $10,000 an ounce, I don't think a court in the land would see their "point" that you "only" left a 3 or 4 hundred dollar ring with them, and they shouldn't now "owe" you a $2500 one.

Especially if they signed the agreement to return gold to you if they don't manage to size the ring.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:21:57 PM

I'm quite sure that they have either the capital to pay the legal bills or the know how to build bitcoin printing machines, so i don't think it to be the case.

The point is that they sold $15m until December, and they want to repeat the miracle.

We are the only thing between them and another $15m in sales.

Maybe more, since that this time they looks like to have working hardware.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #DfuNqfsz9hzPWQyq

HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 08:41:44 PM

Especially if they signed the agreement to return gold to you if they don't manage to size the ring.

Bad analogy.  HashFast ASICs are not made out of sized Bitcoins.  Bitcoins payed to HashFast were instantly changed into USD by BitPay.

Sorry to all those feverently wishing for Santa HashFast to bring them a pony named Windfall.   Cry

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: