Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:01:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s  (Read 29790 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:51:36 AM

Interesting emails today:

And here i was thinking this story can't get any better...

I would like to hear a rough number on the cost of setting up such a production line from someone with knowledge.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #2wkMLW1bANRqAjxl

Estimated guess, based on experience, USD 15-20 million.
The daily cost of running it, no idea... to many factors.

No matter what you do Hashfast, you will always be remembered as the greatest douchebags in the history of Bitcoin.
Mark and his MtGox fiasco is not even close to your incompetence  Grin

That's way too much!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bkminer

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:51:49 AM

Received a email from some scammers at echosign.com today claiming to be from hashfast. So not only do they not delivery anything or return emails but our personal info has been leaked.

echosign.com is an Adobe service for eSigning.  The company I contract though uses it for all of our contracts...

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:52:01 AM

So buying the machinery is cheaper than renting them?
If HF is so open and clean, why they don't just give us a BOM and we will try to get an idea of the price of making this PCB?

Because after months of lies, this looks like just another of them to me.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #mQWpyeIhcLBejJcb

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:58:00 AM

The situation right now is: HashFast is short on money, I am paying for a new, separate production line to begin and will be recieving the profits from it an it's first few thousand boards. Beyond this, HashFast will take control of the line producing Evo boards and will be able to serve customers much faster than before.

Wow. So HF screwed up and their early customers take a bath. Cognitive bails them out by setting up a production line that HF could not afford anymore but HF existing customers will have to go to the back of the line in favor of Cognitive's new customers.

Are they still producing the 'old' 400 GH/s GN boards? I guess the plan for MPP is to turn 4 400 GH/s 'Old' boards into 2 800 GH/s 'Evo' boards. If so it would mean more waiting. Higher difficulty and a deeper hole for existing customers.

At least Garrett MacDonald seems to be talking. Which is something HashFast doesn't (unless you count HashFast_CL's trash talking)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:00:53 AM

The situation right now is: HashFast is short on money, I am paying for a new, separate production line to begin and will be recieving the profits from it an it's first few thousand boards. Beyond this, HashFast will take control of the line producing Evo boards and will be able to serve customers much faster than before.

Wow. So HF screwed up and their early customers take a bath. Cognitive bails them out by setting up a production line that HF could not afford anymore but HF existing customers will have to go to the back of the line in favor of Cognitive's new customers.

Are they still producing the 'old' 400 GH/s GN boards? I guess the plan for MPP is to turn 4 400 GH/s 'Old' boards into 2 800 GH/s 'Evo' boards. If so it would mean more waiting. Higher difficulty and a deeper hole for existing customers.

Sounds about right.  I would guess we're witnessing the bail-out of Hashfast by Cognitive.  Perhaps people are winning full BTC refunds through the legal process putting HF on the brink of bankruptcy.  If so I imagine there's a clause that prohibits the plaintiff from talking about it.   That would certainly explain a lot of what's going on here.
JointDoctor

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:12:07 AM

So buying the machinery is cheaper than renting them?
If HF is so open and clean, why they don't just give us a BOM and we will try to get an idea of the price of making this PCB?

Because after months of lies, this looks like just another of them to me.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #mQWpyeIhcLBejJcb

Fuck YES.

Hashlast will NEVER state the BOM cost per board, i guarantee it. They would rather die.
To give out a bill of material is corporate suicide.

Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal... - Hashfast_CL
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:17:04 AM

Fuck YES.
Ok,
Listen everyone:

Making the PCB is more expensive than making the ASIC. The asic is a couple of millions, the PCB is in the order of 20-25 millions.

Please take note of the level of absurdity we reached.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #OznWEdPbJLVLl2sF

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:19:35 AM

Fuck YES.
Ok,
Listen everyone:

Making the PCB is more expensive than making the ASIC. The asic is a couple of millions, the PCB is in the order of 20-25 millions.

You guys are misunderstanding each other.
JointDoctor

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:24:02 AM

Fuck YES.
Ok,
Listen everyone:

Dude  Roll Eyes
Put the pipe down.

Do you think manufacturers charge cost per hour when making PCB´s?  Roll Eyes
It´s per unit, you dumbfuck!

...and what, to produce a ASIC is only one time cost? INFINITY STOCK of chips after one payment, cedivad got it all figured out.

Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal... - Hashfast_CL
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:26:38 AM

Don't worry, i wasn't expecting anything else other than a rude an ignorante offense from you.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #nzIYY3pshJRtbahq

JointDoctor

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:37:38 AM

Don't worry, i wasn't expecting anything else other than a rude an ignorante offense from you.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #nzIYY3pshJRtbahq

I actually apologize for that  Undecided
It was rude of me, i just got so caught up in the moment and lost my temper a little.

Peace?  Smiley (Better focus on our common "enemy" HashLast)

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:06:04 AM

Thanks for deleting my post. atleast i know what kind of bunch I have in front of me.

massive over line on Hash last. .....will stick to BITMAIN.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:49:22 AM

Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal...  Tongue

The must be the real HashFast company moto

Great quote!
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:56:50 AM

Sounds about right.  I would guess we're witnessing the bail-out of Hashfast by Cognitive.  Perhaps people are winning full BTC refunds through the legal process putting HF on the brink of bankruptcy.  If so I imagine there's a clause that prohibits the plaintiff from talking about it.   That would certainly explain a lot of what's going on here.

If HashFast is getting bailed out by Cognitive, the old customers and debt is just going to roll over to Cognitive. Somebody will have to pay up those refunds, in the end. Edward, you can run but you can't hide
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:01:43 AM

If HashFast is getting bailed out by Cognitive, the old customers and debt is just going to roll over to Cognitive. Somebody will have to pay up those refunds, in the end. Edward, you can run but you can't hide
This is why it's not a bail out... They are just gifting them our stuff.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #3Sn5ELsc9sCXODGH

bkminer

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:34:29 AM

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SHIP?  In 2040 after the last BTC is mined? Huh
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:40:54 AM

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SHIP?  In 2040 after the last BTC is mined? Huh

Well you'll still be able to mine for transaction fees.  Cheesy
bkminer

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:34:38 AM

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SHIP?  In 2040 after the last BTC is mined? Huh

Well you'll still be able to mine for transaction fees.  Cheesy

Yep that will give me an ROI sometime in the year 2525!!!!   Grin
HashFast_CL (OP)

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 03:32:13 PM

they are obligated to give full btc refunds because it was specifically stated in the ToS and also confirmed in an email to support staff.

in nearly every US state, the remedy for a violation of a contractual duty to deliver a fungible good is the market value of that good at breach, and unless the parties agree and execute otherwise, that remedy is in legal tender.

If HF_CL fails at calming down the community newly created accounts of people knowing the law better than our lawyers arrive to the rescue.
Posted from asd, ref#NN3YE2pVR8l1X4iz

Hi cedivad!

It turns out that Clobered09 and I did know better than your crummy, impotent, and now long-gone lawyer.  Don't try to argue with me about legal stuff, because you will lose no matter how much money you waste on attorney fees.   Smiley

I'd like to thank you, gmaxwell, Phinneaus, and everyone else who loudly and publicly eschewed the opportunity to cash 105% refund checks in the lulzy, but futile, hope a judge would order HF to give you all 600% windfalls (plus court costs). 

You guys really set a great example and provided some stellar advice!

Every remaining penny of those refused refund checks is now eligible to help pay for my order's unfulfilled MPP.  Isn't that super?   Grin

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:09:30 PM

they are obligated to give full btc refunds because it was specifically stated in the ToS and also confirmed in an email to support staff.

in nearly every US state, the remedy for a violation of a contractual duty to deliver a fungible good is the market value of that good at breach, and unless the parties agree and execute otherwise, that remedy is in legal tender.

If HF_CL fails at calming down the community newly created accounts of people knowing the law better than our lawyers arrive to the rescue.
Posted from asd, ref#NN3YE2pVR8l1X4iz

Hi cedivad!

It turns out that Clobered09 and I did know better than your crummy, impotent, and now long-gone lawyer.  Don't try to argue with me about legal stuff, because you will lose no matter how much money you waste on attorney fees.   Smiley

I'd like to thank you, gmaxwell, Phinneaus, and everyone else who loudly and publicly eschewed the opportunity to cash 105% refund checks in the lulzy, but futile, hope a judge would order HF to give you all 600% windfalls (plus court costs). 

You guys really set a great example and provided some stellar advice!

Every remaining penny of those refused refund checks is now eligible to help pay for my order's unfulfilled MPP.  Isn't that super?   Grin

Aren't you too busy satisfying your fiduciary duties to the creditors to troll?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: