Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:35:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MEW >token>help  (Read 131 times)
batrocio1 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

Count Your Investment - Not your savings

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:40:33 AM

Guys Give me an idea to convert tokens to ether, then i have erc20 tokens that dont have amount in MEW wallet. can I pay it out or can i convert it to ether, thanks in advance

n e l   |   Help developing communities earn interest
https://nel.network/
███ ████   Token Sale  ●  Sept 15th  ●   ████ ███
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:19:09 AM

Have that token listed on the market? (tradeable)
If it not, you almost can do nothing to cashing out it. Except you try to find someone who believes in the future of that tokens and wants to buy it from you.  Cheesy

Or may I misunderstand what you mean, you have Tokens, and you didn't have some amount of ETH for GAS?  Grin
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:46:31 AM

Guys Give me an idea to convert tokens to ether, then i have erc20 tokens that dont have amount in MEW wallet. can I pay it out or can i convert it to ether, thanks in advance
To trade tokens for Ethereum you need to do that on an Exchange. But before you can transfer tokens to an exchange you need to have some Ethereum in your wallet to pay the GAS (transaction fee). Here is a video that should answer your questions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkwTJgciQ0g&t

abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:50:14 AM

You can't convert it when you can't trade it. when it's still don't have   value then that means it's still not in exchange. Wait for it to be listed in exchange and trade it with ETH.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:58:51 AM

You need to follow these steps in order to sell your tokens:

1. Make sure you have a small amount of ETH in MEW to be able to pay for GAS (payment for mining fees). How much? You can calculate that here: https://ethgasstation.info/ If you don't have ETH in MEW you need to buy it on an exchange and move it to MEW.
2. Find an exchange that supports your token and has a token/ETH pair
3. Send your tokens from MEW to that exchange
4. Sell your tokens for ETH
5. (Optional but recommended) Send ETH from the exchange back to MEW

Sounds a bit complicated but once you do it once it's not that hard Smiley
AltEvangelist

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:07:45 AM

You need to follow these steps in order to sell your tokens:

1. Make sure you have a small amount of ETH in MEW to be able to pay for GAS (payment for mining fees). How much? You can calculate that here: https://ethgasstation.info/ If you don't have ETH in MEW you need to buy it on an exchange and move it to MEW.
2. Find an exchange that supports your token and has a token/ETH pair
3. Send your tokens from MEW to that exchange
4. Sell your tokens for ETH
5. (Optional but recommended) Send ETH from the exchange back to MEW

Sounds a bit complicated but once you do it once it's not that hard Smiley
This! Also please note that, even though some tokens may not show any value on MEW or ethplorer or etherscan, they may be listed on obscure or small exchanges (Eg. Stocks.exchange, TradeOgre etc.) or on Decentralised Exchanges (Eg. IDEX, Tokenjar, Forkdelta etc.) or new ones like Kryptono. This is usually mentioned on the token's website or their Telegram.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 08:17:25 AM

I think you are mixing issues, all MyEtherwallet tokens are ERC20 tokens,so if you want to convert your MEW tokens to Ether you should look for any cryptocurrency exchange that has the particular token you want to exchange, then you transfer from your MEW to the exchange and then convert it. There are many cryptocurrency exchanges online such as https://hitbtc.com,   https://binance.com etc

HOMT