Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:24:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY 99% OF ICO IS SCAM?  (Read 2141 times)
NoSkyLimit

Activity: 171
Merit: 50

Crypto will save my kids!

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:01:07 PM

How you know that 99% of the ICO's are scams ? How did you came with this statictics ? From where did you took them ? I don't think this is legit and maybe you have some bad experience with some ICO's but this is your problem when you are putting your investment money.

▐▀   ▄▀▄  █▄  █ █  █  ▀▌         Games        ANYONE        Bitcointalk              ▐▀   ▄▀▄  █▄  █ █  █  ▀▌
▐    █▄█  █ ▀▄█ ▀▄▄▀   ▌      Referral      Investment      Discord  |  Github       ▐    █▄█  █ ▀▄█ ▀▄▄▀   ▌
▐▄  █   █ █   █ ▄▄▀   ▄▌     Dividents       Platform       Twitter  |  Telegram     ▐▄  █   █ █   █ ▄▄▀   ▄▌

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
piedpiper06

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:01:35 PM

since there are no regulations in the crypto market, it's easier to run away with the money of the investors. besides, it's also easier to deceive people. everybody wants to make some quick money but very few are willing to research on crypto properly or the ICO.
FirstCryptic

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

🔵The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:39:18 PM

This topic began to pessimist. I do not believe this statement because I am analyzing IO projects and I see that good teams implement and develop various promising projects. ICO - a great discovery of modernity to attract investment. Yes, there are flaws in the form of fraud, but they will be resolved in the near future. I am sure there will be opportunities for inevitable punishment for fraud.

[ R E S T O t o k e n ]     |     The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space
     TOKEN SALE      ❱ Oct 10th - Dec 14th
Jaywahin

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:55:59 PM

There are really a lot of scams out there in the market. Be careful. Alway check their website, their communities, are they active on social media etc. Also, do you believe in their project etc. For example, I follow closely SciDex. They are creating a new type of smart contract generator for complex transactions. So that even regular businesses that need legally binding contracts can be on the blockchain. That’s improving the whole blockchain ecosystem, if you ask me.
turittly

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:56:58 PM

99% of icos are scam because they dont have product and they tokens are not used, if token not using in service then its useless token for sure thats why 99% of icos are scam.
Ericks1

Activity: 141

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:12:13 PM
Merited by RB25 (1)

Blockchain is the technology that underpins bitcoin. It is a distributed ledger that records all of the transactions in bitcoin publicly. Many industries from finance to insurance have talked up the potential of blockchain technology in making some of the processes they do cheaper and more efficient.

Digital currencies have gained a lot of prominence in the past year spurred by increases in investment. In August, the total market value of publicly traded cryptocurrencies reached a new high of around $160 billion according to data provider CoinMarketCap , with Bitcoin representing half of that value. This has prompted the financial world to figure out how to incorporate the new form of transacting into their own models.
ICOs are unregulated and do not provide protection to investors in case of fraud or loss. In September the People's Bank of China declared ICO's illegal and have banned them. South Korea have since joined the backlash against ICO's and has banned them as well. The U.S. Securities Exchange Commission recently charged two companies running ICO's with fraud and selling unregistered securities.
ICO's are not about raising capital.

ICO's is about creating network effects and adding value to the ecosystem. = + net utility.
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:36:45 PM

indeed ico scam has sprung up a lot, but in my opinion it's not 99%, because most of the ico is failed ico, not ico scam, they fail to reach the softcap that has been determined, so the project must be canceled

daporivera

Activity: 402
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 06:42:12 PM

It all as I result of greed and selfishness.  They see it as an easy way to scam people of their hard earned money. Hence, this increase the doubt  of people to participate in ICO, since you can determine it originality.

Code:
★      ★   ★     MoonConnect.net     ★   ★      ★
A Crypto with Democratic Token Distribution, Static Reflection and more
YMaverik

Activity: 934
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:06:20 PM

Because the crypto-currency market is not regulated in any way, and everyone wants to heat himself more money, without making much effort and without taking responsibility for the investors ' money. And as long as the money is carried, the scammers will exist.
joybella

Activity: 370

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:15:04 PM

Because anyone can deploy a smart contract so anyone is deploying and scamming everyone else.
IciCestMathers

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:19:00 PM

Hi, lads!

There are many ICOs ongoing at present but in 2018 a lot of them is a SCAM. Why does this happen?

It will be interesting to hear your opinions.

Thanks, friends!

This happens because a lot of people are actually very greedy, they'd prefer to exploit any available opportunities to rip/dupe and scam people mostly the naive and less experienced ones off their money or assets. And for the fact there is a lot of money being pumped into the crypto space and there are a lot of people who fall into the aforementioned category makes ICOs one of the best options for them to carry out their exploits.
BraxtonR

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:20:56 PM

I don't think that 99% but yes, most of them are scam, because of high volatility that can help to earn very much from such ICO's quikly, but nowadays it's hard to do for scammers because of bear market.
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:21:52 PM

There are too much scam and because of one reason - everyone wants to get the profit rapidly, and after that they pull out with the development of the project, they have the main aim - to pass the listing onto the exchange. But today people are not so silly and do not want to risk and invest in everything without any learning, that is why lots of projects do not collect even a half of planning amount.
Derler1599

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:31:07 PM

In the cryptocurrency sphere, there is a lot of money, and this is very attractive to scammers. Also, there are a lot of beginners who do not understand where and how to invest. All this is very convenient for those who want to make money by cheating.
z21770179

Activity: 474
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:00:07 PM

Who tells you or you read where 99 percent of the ICO projects are scam? A recent study by ICO Statis Group revealed that more than 80% of ICO services conducted in 2017 were identified as phishing.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:05:51 PM

Well the proportion of scammers is for sure high but I don't believe in your starts of 99% and the reason I think there is such a large number is because there is scope and opportunities.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:14:43 PM

Because most people are gullible and greedy. The scammers take advantage of them. Those people fall for their scam and this encourages more scammers to scam others in the same way. Why wouldn't they do it, if it is easy money for them? At least people are learning lessons from them (quite expensive) and being more careful in the future.
Another reason why they turn out to be a scam is because they end up not working on the project as soon as they realize what they are trying to deliver is not possible.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Emilyp

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:32:13 PM

Undeniably there a number of scam going on by ICOs but 99%? No, that's exaggerating. If I were to be asked I'd say that ICO scam is not greater than 5% which I still believe should be less than that.
RandyMagnum

Activity: 662
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:22:31 AM

Because the crypto-currency market is not regulated in any way, and everyone wants to heat himself more money, without making much effort and without taking responsibility for the investors ' money. And as long as the money is carried, the scammers will exist.
exactly, no one insured from scam. If you want extraprofit then you might to be ready to risk. After this field become regulated there will be nor scam nor profit.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:27:33 AM

Hi, lads!

There are many ICOs ongoing at present but in 2018 a lot of them is a SCAM. Why does this happen?

It will be interesting to hear your opinions.

Thanks, friends!

well i need to hear from you first, how can you say almost 99% scam? is there data and evidence for that? or just your assumption?
currently there are many ico but not all ico will be able to survive and come out as winners after entering the exchange. the current competition is quite great and there are many ico that are useless and that I agree.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: