Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:08:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are too expensive  (Read 513 times)
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:29:35 AM

Price of token when ICO is very cheap and the price was going down because low demand in the market, although the team developer set the price when on ICO to lowest price of ETH like 0.00000001 will be not going up if there no demand. The fundamental of the project also will become factor the demand will increase or not.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thekop12345

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:33:41 AM

The price of some ICO is 2-3 times lower than the ICO price is understandable when the whole market is quite gloomy. Deepening of liquidity due to Bitcoin's move is not clear. This is probably the time to hold long
maman567

Activity: 648
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:35:54 AM

I leave for joining ico project today and focus only on bounty campaign project because I think more better for joining bounty campaign than ico project. I will get free by joining at bounty campaign without have invest at ico and earn free coins.
Cenil

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:20:50 AM

It is true that the price of a token when exchanged is cheaper than at the time of ico, it could somehow be the case, but there were also many investors who bought the token at ico. maybe it is part of the strategy when investing in ico.
Godsinocool

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 04:32:34 AM

ICOs cannot be termed to be generally expensive considering the fact that all ICOs are not similar in their operations. While others are expensive, some are not. But the problem remains that, most project developers nowadays don't buy back some of these tokens thus leading to a massive dump on the price.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:37:57 AM

Here is something I have observed as regard ICOs raising funds and why many are trading at below ICO price soon after listing on exchanges. The reason could well be the fact that project teams are making ICO tokens too expensive, almost at same level with what we had at the bullish market.Meanwhile,the market is now 25% of its usually market.
Project teams implement better funds management strategies, avoid wastages and unnecessary  expense and thus have a cheaper ICO, I personally believe that they can reduce their expense by at least 50 percent and thus ask for less, cheaper tokens as such, that way, investors will be better make returns on their investments.
The reason for the price dump is their investors who want to immediately sell their coins after listed on exchanges because they got bonus tokens so they even sell below the market prices so if you knows that it is potential project the the price will increase again so hold until that.
gameofthronne

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:40:21 AM

Here is something I have observed as regard ICOs raising funds and why many are trading at below ICO price soon after listing on exchanges. The reason could well be the fact that project teams are making ICO tokens too expensive, almost at same level with what we had at the bullish market.Meanwhile,the market is now 25% of its usually market.
Project teams implement better funds management strategies, avoid wastages and unnecessary  expense and thus have a cheaper ICO, I personally believe that they can reduce their expense by at least 50 percent and thus ask for less, cheaper tokens as such, that way, investors will be better make returns on their investments.
The price of the ICO tokens after listing on exchanges is below the ICO price because there are many bounty hunters dump their token after they received the tokens from bounty, it makes the price fall. After 2-3 months, the price will be back to ICO price IF the project make a new or big update about the project.
Tooevilforyou

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

They are which is why you see that the money that they are going for are always very high. Once they have better strategies like you said then they would not be using os much but then again, it could be intentional that they are doing that just so that they can have an excuse to try to raise higher amounts of money
giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:04:28 PM

I think if they offer an expensive ICO price then the ICO's supply will be lower. It will always be balanced. And with the status now after being listed in exchange, the price is always lower than the ICO price. Because investors and bounty hunters will sell all of them

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
feranmi2018

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 08:22:57 PM

Yes and this is just becsue a whole lot of new projects are selling their tokens or coins above the actual market value
dammy1988

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 08:24:19 PM

A lot of ICO  will trade below ico price after listing because they have nothing new to offer to the market
Bunmi1989

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 08:26:22 PM

Yes all the new icos are too expensive because most of the team only care about their own purse and this is why at the end of the day the price dip of all this new projects is always huge
Luckyinvestment

Activity: 266
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:27:40 PM

When is bear market often more cheap to buy coins after ICO on the exchanges
Even good coin is dip

newspeakenthusiast

Activity: 113

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:35:03 PM

Well, if ICO is good then it is explainable, development costs a lot. You talk about professionals in the sphere where there really paid top dollar. I found good project, called OSA DC, think that it is a good project to invest in!
oriontab (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 09:21:25 PM

Well, most of the concern for many projects is how they're going to grow their user, client or investor base. The blockchain industry is definitely an advertising heavy industry, I think that it's quite necessary to have a reasonable marketing budget otherwise client onboarding with be quite difficult. That being said, a lot of these projects are requesting unbelievable soft caps, typically requiring up to $10m to build often relatively simple products.... Very poor money management going on, as VERY few softwares cost $10m to build.
Some project teams really ignore advertising soon after they get their tokens listed, and over time, they loose their community as new persons are not joining
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:23:23 PM

Should we say that they are too expensive? Even if their prices are so low, they will still like sell below ICO price after listing, because market dictates price.
ranold

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:13:32 PM

Well, if ICO is good then it is explainable, development costs a lot. You talk about professionals in the sphere where there really paid top dollar. I found good project, called OSA DC, think that it is a good project to invest in!
Agree. I also invested in this project, there is good team.
oriontab (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 11:41:23 PM

Even good coin is dip
Exchange price seem to be cheaper even for the good coins as you said, i guess that is the major reasons projects are finding it difficult to raise cash through ICOs
Luckyinvestment

Activity: 266
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:12:48 PM

Even good coin is dip
Exchange price seem to be cheaper even for the good coins as you said, i guess that is the major reasons projects are finding it difficult to raise cash through ICOs

Yes. I also think than on market like now should be more careful with investments in ICO

alihassan99

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:57:10 AM

Interesting topic! ICOs is indeed expensive and… giving risks too. I have turned my back on ICO long time ago.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: