Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:22:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want the logo to be changed?
Yes, a new logo sounds great - 10 (66.7%)
No, current logo is the best - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][66] ★Coin 66★ - Hard Fork - Mandatory Update - 2014/04/04  (Read 41031 times)
SaintFrantic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:37:38 AM

I see you guys are considering starting a new coin, but I don't really see how this relates to 66coin itself. Wouldn't it be better to get the supporters of this coin together and take over the source, the communication and the coin itself? Piku did this before, but he bailed. Maybe someone else is up for the challenge?

At the Cryptocoin Revival Foundation we did this for Quarkbar and is has proven to be extremely effective!
I don't really mind reviving this coin as I said before. Community is important. Jonesd, Do you know how can you take the code without the old developer?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:56:14 AM

I see you guys are considering starting a new coin, but I don't really see how this relates to 66coin itself. Wouldn't it be better to get the supporters of this coin together and take over the source, the communication and the coin itself? Piku did this before, but he bailed. Maybe someone else is up for the challenge?

At the Cryptocoin Revival Foundation we did this for Quarkbar and is has proven to be extremely effective!
I don't really mind reviving this coin as I said before. Community is important. Jonesd, Do you know how can you take the code without the old developer?

Yes you should revive this coin. It has potential. Look at 42 coin
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:50:24 PM

Basically we're talking about open source code here. You can just take the original code (https://github.com/66maintainer/66coin) and start a new account on github and publish it there. Then you can give people access and let them add features to the code. From this you can update the wallets and also start new pools (no pool possible right now, right?). Also starting a new bitcointalk topic where you manage the first post makes it easier for people to find out what's going on.

This however is a large responsibility and a big hassle (you have to stay on top of it). Managing this well makes it much more likely to be taken on by our foundation as a focus coin, since you have got the communication already in hand.

Who's up for the challenge? Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
gwopr

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:08:13 PM

Yes, the more the time passes, the more realistic becomes the hypothesis that 66 is a dying coin, unfortunately.

Coin can go nowhere if the dev is not active. I see he hasn't logged in a long time.
segaazel

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:16:42 PM

So, what is our direction? Reviving 66coin or using it as a starting point for a new coin with 100~300 million units?
gwopr

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:19:08 PM

Reviving the 66 coin might be an interesting proposal: noted, but it deserves a bit more attention and time to investigate and assess a concrete advice. I will get back to you soon on this subject and state my position about that.
In the meantime, just to clarify to you all, the project for the new coin and the related opportunity for the 66 owners goes on as scheduled.
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:23:30 PM

Basically we're talking about open source code here. You can just take the original code (https://github.com/66maintainer/66coin) and start a new account on github and publish it there. Then you can give people access and let them add features to the code. From this you can update the wallets and also start new pools (no pool possible right now, right?). Also starting a new bitcointalk topic where you manage the first post makes it easier for people to find out what's going on.

This however is a large responsibility and a big hassle (you have to stay on top of it). Managing this well makes it much more likely to be taken on by our foundation as a focus coin, since you have got the communication already in hand.

Jonesd can you vouch for us in front of the Cryptocoin Revival Foundation? We need someone with programing skills and someone who can set up a pool. We need someone to change the Algo and analyze the code to see how much premine is there, and so on. We can make a team from the current owners of 66 coin who will manage its revival.  

SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:25:47 PM

Reviving the 66 coin might be an interesting proposal: noted, but it deserves a bit more attention and time to investigate and assess a concrete advice. I will get back to you soon on this subject and state my position about that.
In the meantime, just to clarify to you all, the project for the new coin and the related opportunity for the 66 owners goes on as scheduled.
Can we build new project for all the people not only owner of 66 Coins. Then we can still revive the 66 and modified it, get rid of premine and so on.

segaazel

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:30:15 PM

Ok. On the case then.
 First of all we need to agree what is the coin going to be used for. Then we have to decide on how many coins. 
 We need to do something completely unique here. I have know idea what coding skill everyone here has I personally don't have any. I know what I want to see as functionally in the wallet. What I have seen so far is just ridiculously simple no vision. I think a great looking and functional wallet in which you would be able to do a lot more than just send coins in and out, and do some POS is vital. So depending on what we have as programmers is very important for what we can implement. I want reveal what I have as an ideas for that here. If we reach agreement and make a team I will discuss than then.
  So let's make small team of 5-8 people plus the community as start. Then discuss what we can do about Algo, Coin wallet functionality and so on then  let community vote. Afterwards implement do features. So If you want let's make new threat and start voting for team members first.   

Agreed. Even if 66coin is revived instead of a new coin being created, the wallet must have something special with different graphics like the ones used by Worldcoin or Flappycoin. A visually different wallet shows that the dev is not just copying and pasting a generic code. More options than just sending and receiving coins is a great idea too!
segaazel

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:35:43 PM

Can we build new project for all the people not only owner of 66 Coins. Then If we revive the 66 and modified it to get rid of premine and so on.

Yes!!! That premine should have never happened! The original dev (menzo) had premined 4.54% of the coins but never did much of it besides giveways.
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:39:28 PM

Ok. On the case then.
 First of all we need to agree what is the coin going to be used for. Then we have to decide on how many coins. 
 We need to do something completely unique here. I have know idea what coding skill everyone here has I personally don't have any. I know what I want to see as functionally in the wallet. What I have seen so far is just ridiculously simple no vision. I think a great looking and functional wallet in which you would be able to do a lot more than just send coins in and out, and do some POS is vital. So depending on what we have as programmers is very important for what we can implement. I want reveal what I have as an ideas for that here. If we reach agreement and make a team I will discuss than then.
  So let's make small team of 5-8 people plus the community as start. Then discuss what we can do about Algo, Coin wallet functionality and so on then  let community vote. Afterwards implement do features. So If you want let's make new threat and start voting for team members first.   

Agreed. Even if 66coin is revived instead of a new coin being created, the wallet must have something special with different graphics like the ones used by Worldcoin or Flappycoin. A visually different wallet shows that the dev is not just copying and pasting a generic code. More options than just sending and receiving coins is a great idea too!
I being raving for this for quite sometime but we will need investment and programers to do it. Technology is there. I can not believe we have so not user friendly and not attractive wallets. Not single coin even the one mention have anything worth mentioning. It might takes months before we can make possible but it's worth to try and build something totally awesome and to blow away the whole every day release 50 coins trend. Then you will see how more ordinary people will come to invest and use those cryptos.  
 So I will ask again do you people want to make something special or just go on with same old same old routine.
 Let's put new thread and make a pool about new coin or old coin but explain why and what we can do, time frames, investment estimates and so on. First will be great idea to see how many people are involved in 66 Coin. Do we have 10, 20 or maybe 50 people. Some will have funds to donate, some can do simple task, some can do coding, promoting and so on. Everyone is valuable.

SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:42:11 PM

Can we build new project for all the people not only owner of 66 Coins. Then If we revive the 66 and modified it to get rid of premine and so on.

Yes!!! That premine should have never happened! The original dev (menzo) had premined 4.54% of the coins but never did much of it besides giveways.
Is anyone know what happened to menzo? We can speak with him and see what his are intentions for that premine. If his willing to give up most of it we than don't have problem with the premine.He can still keep some of it I personally don't mind.

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:51:33 PM

Jonesd can you vouch for us in front of the Cryptocoin Revival Foundation? We need someone with programing skills and someone who can set up a pool. We need someone to change the Algo and analyze the code to see how much premine is there, and so on. We can make a team from the current owners of 66 coin who will manage its revival.  

Sure I can vouch, but the community has to decide it wants to adopt your coin. In the short run you need to take over the code and bitcointalk thread to get the community up and running again. This is vital for the revival of 66coin. At the moment the foundation is not going to take on a project of this kind, but will focus on Quarkbar. For the successful revival of coins we need at least one person of the community to step up and do the first revival steps. Patch it up before it dies.

Another option is to create a new coin like you were discussing, but it does not seem a logical solution to me.

Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022

FreshTheGame

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:03:41 PM

Ok, think that revive 66 coin is better idea than make another coin. I think thata there was much people as we could see that on mintpal it is on 12th place, so lots of us voted for it.

Making another coin is good but in this jungle of coins this is not good idea only if it has something unique! 66 or 99 coin is good idea, just take it on!

to kill premine you just need to exclude it from the code (that premine block) and it will not work in blockchain!
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:15:43 PM

Sure I can vouch, but the community has to decide it wants to adopt your coin. In the short run you need to take over the code and bitcointalk thread to get the community up and running again. This is vital for the revival of 66coin. At the moment the foundation is not going to take on a project of this kind, but will focus on Quarkbar. For the successful revival of coins we need at least one person of the community to step up and do the first revival steps. Patch it up before it dies.

Another option is to create a new coin like you were discussing, but it does not seem a logical solution to me.

I'm not entirely sure what do I have to do with the code? That's my only problem. I can keep doing administrative role plus maybe 2-3 others helping. They seem very interested in keeping this project going. I need someone to definitely manage the code for us. Make new Algo, make new features. I can speak with whoever is this person and find out what is possible and what not. I want realistic vision.Then If we have 2-3 or maybe 10 programmers we can definitely  pursuit  what I have in mind for this project.
 Jonesd patch me through to this people. I can speak with them and see what they can do about it?  I can't do anything with the code and I'm not gonna become programmer now.I have tried few times long time ago and it wasn't something I liked doing really. I can understand the basics of it though so I'm not that in the dark really.

SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:20:03 PM

Ok, think that revive 66 coin is better idea than make another coin. I think thata there was much people as we could see that on mintpal it is on 12th place, so lots of us voted for it.

Making another coin is good but in this jungle of coins this is not good idea only if it has something unique! 66 or 99 coin is good idea, just take it on!

to kill premine you just need to exclude it from the code (that premine block) and it will not work in blockchain!

Here we go I can see people start sparkling. We can manage this boys and girls, or whatever  Roll Eyes. No seriously. Let's hear who wants to join "the 66 Dream Team" sort of speaking.
 I'm willing to manage the whole project but I need good team behind all this. We can set up new thread, start work and advice with community.

Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022

FreshTheGame

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:11:48 PM

im in 66 revive coin - marketing, could help with advices!

SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:14:57 PM

Brilliant. That makes us 2 then. Anyone else want to join in?

JaroBe

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:37:26 PM

I am in.
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:41:40 PM

I am in.

Strength is in the community:-)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: