Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:33:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] H2O Coin |Yahoo!Finance & more| DGW + Scrypt-N - *DONATED 17.5BTC*  (Read 247086 times)
ask4MORE

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:37:31 AM

You can mine them.

Let's make a deal?

Send me a pm with the details.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:39:01 AM

where can we sell the coins?

on exchange or on Marketplace section in forum.
axo

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:52:30 AM

1 Mh scrypt ~ 500Kh here ~ 1500 coins/day with dif 13.

Current price 0.00000100 https://www.bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-H2O

Them 1 Mh scrypt ~ 0.0015 BTC/day ~ 0.75 USD/day

Get out of here now. Dont wast your time.

Another child of the modern world wanting instant gratification.  Value has to be earned, yes, even in Crypto.  And guess what? sometimes that takes time.  If you want to make money in this game you need to make shrewd decisions at the right time, if you don't have the patience to play the long game then you know where the door is but please don't write all over the walls with your crayons on the way out!

I don't agree. If I have to pay 1 USD of electricity to obtain 0.75 USD of cryptocoin is better to stop the rig and spending the 1 USD to buy the coin.

True enough and that's partly what I meant by making shrewd decisions at the right time.  The original poster appeared to be suggesting the coin is an instant failure rather than simply saying mining isn't currently profitable for him, or maybe I read it that way because I'm tired of seeing so much hatred and bile in these forums when people don't get their way instantly.  If I misread then I apologise.  There are other factors worth considering;

Firstly, your mining 'luck' may improve sufficiently enough so that mining is more profitable than trading.
Trading also requires an even longer game and even more patience and faith in your investment than mining.

If everybody makes the same decision and stops mining, one of two things will happen; either everybody will move to the next shiny thing and the coin will die, so you'll be left holding worthless bags OR, the coin will become rarer, acquire more value and become profitable to mine again.

A coin needs investors, miners, traders and most importantly a confident and cohesive community.  Anything that jeopardises that is a bad thing, hence my objection to people coming here with negativity to spread and nothing constructive to say.

All true, but I think that this bad situation is originated by a bad IPO, too big and at too low price.
IPO is not always a scam, but if it due too low price and miners escape, the IPO is the cause of the coin death not the miners who are looking for profit margin.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:52:40 AM

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/3/30/h2ocoin-smooth-launch-despite-windows-wallet-fix  Smiley
trl55238

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:57:58 AM

I was having trouble with the wallet, but I fixed it by:

(1) downloaded the blockchain and files (chainstate.zip found here https://db.tt/wDnj56Az)

(2) backup your wallet.dat to a secure location

(3)replace the existing files in: "c:/users/xxx/appdata/roaming/H2Ocoin/" (**except for wallet.dat**)
and eureka! everything works just fine.

Thanks H2O community! Cheesy

My H2O address: H7KqWh47X495pAuk8e2XNrGrJMDMv1GUDz

dvdemecillo

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:03:00 AM

Currently waiting for a more known exchange.
Also IPO'ers shouldnt dump their coins just yet, since the price is so low.

apparently, IPO buyers got them cheap, which was at 70 satoshi. at least this is what i have read. they could sell at 100 and still make a profit. if you're a miner, like i was who mined at launch where diff rose quickly as always is the case with all coin launches, the current rate won't even begin to cover electricity cost. i have stopped mining and haven't check the current diff but the coins that i mined will break even at 600 satoshi. i'm gonna be waiting a long time for that to happen. that said, this was a good launch.

for those that still don't know, this is being traded on bittrex. again, not for miners. not yet.

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-H2O

it's a nice "little" exchange. quick and pretty stable. well made. they have a wallet status page, which is i really like. i hope they gain foothold and not choke Smiley right now, they are just an exchange for these coins-of-the-day, which is a shame.
coinmaker33

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:12:06 AM

Nice article jdebunt!!  You should do this for a living!! Wink

Love your work!

Rockin the Bitcointalk Community
kkangjji22

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:26:06 AM

Low prices or more to have a look
PROFIT

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:35:31 AM

Cost statistics coins pleases.

Coin not literary manager and will grow.

Join Miner on stable pool without commission - http://h2o.coinsprofit.com/

Gates123

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:46:05 AM

Can't believe people are complaining about this launch. Just proves that some people will find something to complain about no matter what.
Shepherd

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:51:26 AM

This coin have really great start.
Price will going up for sure. IPO price is always cheaper than real market price, sometimes it is 2x, sometimes it is 10x, sometimes it is 100x, but IPO has his risks and that is normal. Normal market price will be 10x current price really soon, but some IPO dumpers need to dump their coins because they are weak hands.
With 1MH/s scrypt-N you can get 2000-2500 coins/day with the current dif. (rally low 7-8).  With price 1500 sat you'll earn 0.02 and this would be ok, because dif. is low, and profitability need to be big on low dif.

Right now we have weak hads IPO dumpers, and market manipulators which trying to buy back their coins which they sold for 300-400 sat, they want buy back them for 100 sat. And now it is really good time to buy some stash and mine them too.

Long term price would go up, but there is only few people interested in long term right now, on the beginning, 14h after launch, but after first donation to waterproject this coin will attract much more attention.

Advice for all of you, just do the math. There is comparation with price of Vert coin, and H2O can reach that price, but only in long term, not for one day or one week.

Home - H2O Official faucet Please help an old shepherd to find his flock of sheep and a young shepherdess
DNotes  DXaABU4q6Mq5D9qEMTSU3rqY1TCtzVF9Nn         LTC: LPM3sfPfBAmXsoN7u6sQTwiFzoJpoEAFG6
MINT: MtKsn4h3v31T4vknHj1DSdfhhPn8DLBNce LEAF: fckMPwrA3nJD1pYpHxnpCXpzp48FbthuLm  DGB: DFxLE8U8Hfe5eggxw2NpG3jTHP12HEUqB6
Shepherd

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:59:16 AM

apparently, IPO buyers got them cheap, which was at 70 satoshi. at least this is what i have read. they could sell at 100 and still make a profit. if you're a miner, like i was who mined at launch where diff rose quickly as always is the case with all coin launches, the current rate won't even begin to cover electricity cost. i have stopped mining and haven't check the current diff but the coins that i mined will break even at 600 satoshi. i'm gonna be waiting a long time for that to happen. that said, this was a good launch.

for those that still don't know, this is being traded on bittrex. again, not for miners. not yet.

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-H2O

it's a nice "little" exchange. quick and pretty stable. well made. they have a wallet status page, which is i really like. i hope they gain foothold and not choke Smiley right now, they are just an exchange for these coins-of-the-day, which is a shame.

I am guilty of being an IPO'er.  Every last "drop" of it is still sat in my wallet and won't be going anywhere for the time being.

I'm not quite sure how you can say IPO'ers "got them cheap", we got exactly what we paid for.  The value of the IPO coins was determined by what was paid for them, which mirrors the principal of "something is worth what somebody else will pay for it", far better than an arbitrary value being assigned.  IPO coins were then distributed from the pot of IPO coins in direct proportion to the percentage of IPO paid.

It was a fair distribution and IPO'ers take a big risk, particularly in light of recent scams and especially since those of us that stayed in did so after the original failed launch.  I have been stung by IPO scams in the past so it takes a lot of faith and belief in something to get involved in another.

That said, I completely agree that some are clearly dumping IPO and that does damage the price and profitability in the short term.  I don't really see the point of taking such a big risk for such little profit by dumping as soon as the coin hits a low-volume market.  But, sit tight, once the weak hands have all been dealt h2o will still be here, providing returns and helping a good cause.

+1 for all.
There is much newbie accounts which is crying because they didn't take part in IPO, but they didn't want to risk anything.

Home - H2O Official faucet Please help an old shepherd to find his flock of sheep and a young shepherdess
DNotes  DXaABU4q6Mq5D9qEMTSU3rqY1TCtzVF9Nn         LTC: LPM3sfPfBAmXsoN7u6sQTwiFzoJpoEAFG6
MINT: MtKsn4h3v31T4vknHj1DSdfhhPn8DLBNce LEAF: fckMPwrA3nJD1pYpHxnpCXpzp48FbthuLm  DGB: DFxLE8U8Hfe5eggxw2NpG3jTHP12HEUqB6
zuyfg888

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:00:19 PM

Price will going up for sure. IPO price is always cheaper than real market price, sometimes it is 2x, sometimes it is 10x, sometimes it is 100x, but IPO has his risks and that is normal. Normal market price will be 10x current price really soon, but some IPO dumpers need to dump their coins because they are weak hands.
With 1MH/s scrypt-N you can get 2000-2500 coins/day with the current dif. (rally low 7-8).  With price 1500 sat you'll earn 0.02 and this would be ok, because dif. is low, and profitability need to be big on low dif.

Right now we have weak hads IPO dumpers, and market manipulators which trying to buy back their coins which they sold for 300-400 sat, they want buy back them for 100 sat. And now it is really good time to buy some stash and mine them too.

Long term price would go up, but there is only few people interested in long term right now, on the beginning, 14h after launch, but after first donation to waterproject this coin will attract much more attention.

Advice for all of you, just do the math. There is comparation with price of Vert coin, and H2O can reach that price, but only in long term, not for one day or one week.

I fully support your point of view, and those short-sighted people will pay the price.
vnnbot

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:11:08 PM

Another child of the modern world wanting instant gratification.  Value has to be earned, yes, even in Crypto.  And guess what? sometimes that takes time.  If you want to make money in this game you need to make shrewd decisions at the right time, if you don't have the patience to play the long game then you know where the door is but please don't write all over the walls with your crayons on the way out!

Do you understand how it work, JaggedMiner?

IPO just 73 satoshi/coin. Then it will be dumped easily when price is double. Price rising is very hard. Would not get 200 satoshi each coin.

Currently, dif 9, price 100 satoshi. 1 Mh scrypt will got 1.3 USD/day with H2O. Compare to a popular one, LTC, 1 Mh will got 2.7 USD/day. Lots coins more profit than LTC.
Wanna make money with H2O? Mine LTC, UTC, VTC, EMC2, MAX..., then buy H2O. Will got double or much more H2O as mining directly. Got it?
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:29:43 PM

As a test, I went to sleep with my wallet offline last night. Woke up, turned it on, and it synced right up to the network with out problems. There have been reports of some people still getting stuck in strange locations so here is a copy of my chain.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9j73c67uw5m5f5/chainstate_2.zip

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
kkangjji22

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:31:09 PM

Worked for me, not  a great fix, but hey I am all about the love

Congratulations
Good luck to you
Earn more money
dewon

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:37:22 PM

Do you understand how it work, JaggedMiner?

IPO just 73 satoshi/coin. Then it will be dumped easily when price is double. Price rising is very hard. Would not get 200 satoshi each coin.

Currently, dif 9, price 100 satoshi. 1 Mh scrypt will got 1.3 USD/day with H2O. Compare to a popular one, LTC, 1 Mh will got 2.7 USD/day. Lots coins more profit than LTC.
Wanna make money with H2O? Mine LTC, UTC, VTC, EMC2, MAX..., then buy H2O. Will got double or much more H2O as mining directly. Got it?
Then it will be dumped easily when price is double.---- you are damned right!
It's also my point.
Hard to mine and cheap IPO price together make mining this coin be not profitable.
That is why I won't mine it.
Those who try their best to promote this coin are mostly stakeholders.
They, of coz, want more miners mining, keeping or increasing the value so that they can dump at a higher price.
But if you do math by yourself, you will be clear and leave.
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:44:14 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

h2o.charityminingpools.com

Need Miners! Spread out the hash and come mine while making a difference.

PROMOTION!
* Does not apply to the mandatory 0.5% donation fee to charity

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to The Water Project this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

SSL, STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.5% Pool Fees, 0% AP TX Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins mined at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
kkangjji22

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:44:35 PM

Thanks for the advice
Your analysis is very clear
Thank you for your promotion
HashKings

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:49:09 PM

HashKings PPLNS Pool Open for Registrations! Please come Join US!!

We Want to thank all of our miners for launching with us we have stayed at a steady hash rate since launch.

Pool Fees go to http://charitywater.org!!

We are Live NOW!!

http://h2o.hashkings.com/
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: